Led Zeppelin...what is your preference of them?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I love them. I can listen to all their songs without switching over to the next track.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Virago

I used to LOVE them and then found out that they stole almost all of their songs.

So I think they're alright.
If we're going Classic Rock, I am a moderately large fan of the Rolling Stones and Pat Benatar.
Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Gottheit

Led Zeppelin's amazing. Over the Hills and Far Away.

Leroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Leroy

I like Zeppelin. I couldn't listen to them all day, I don't have all their stuff. I guess I'm a casual fan. Kashmir is a great song. I heard a muzac version of it at the grocery story the other day and wanted to die.

Cobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cobalt

Led Zeppelin is cool, but I've always liked Queen more. Oh, and I like the Who.

Breast Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Breast Master
Virago said:
"I used to LOVE them and then found out that they stole almost all of their songs.
If we're going Classic Rock, I am a moderately large fan of the Rolling Stones and Pat Benatar.
"

What happened? Did you just wake up and finally crawl out from under that big rock you been sleepin beneath?

It’s hardly some new exposition that we haven’t heard for the last 30 years.

Ethically, Plant and Page made some bad decisions in not properly crediting their influences.

The fact that they borrowed from and updated old blues tracks doesn’t mean that their creations were unoriginal. Listen to Howling Wolf’s original Killing Floor and Zepp’s Lemon Song and the similarities are obvious, but it’s not a straightforward cover of the track at all.

In fact, Cream, The Yardbirds and your beloved Rolling Stones all did the same thing back in the day. Ya gotta remember that nothing is new, everything is unoriginal... to a point. The greats don't take the time to reinvent the wheel. They do what's been done and improve upon it.

Bob Dylan’s Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat was a direct rip of an old Lightnin’ Hopkins track, but I don't hear anybody bashing him for it.

Apart from not giving credit where credit was due, Zeppelin haven’t done anything different than anyone else in the entire history of humanity!

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Octagon Freak

They are definately NOT my favorite band live, but a lot of their studio work sounds good. But overall, I'm mostly a singles junky for them, lol.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Virago
Breast Master said:
"Virago said:
"I used to LOVE them and then found out that they stole almost all of their songs.
"

What happened? Did you just wake up and finally crawl out from under that big rock you been sleepin beneath?

It’s hardly some new exposition that we haven’t heard for the last 30 years.

Ethically, Plant and Page made some bad decisions in not properly crediting their influences.

The fact that they borrowed from and updated old blues tracks doesn’t mean that their creations were unoriginal. Listen to Howling Wolf’s original Killing Floor and Zepp’s Lemon Song and the similarities are obvious, but it’s not a straightforward cover of the track at all.

In fact, Cream, The Yardbirds and your beloved Rolling Stones all did the same thing back in the day. Ya gotta remember that nothing is new, everything is unoriginal... to a point. The greats don't take the time to reinvent the wheel. They do what's been done and improve upon it.

Bob Dylan’s Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat was a direct rip of an old Lightnin’ Hopkins track, but I don't hear anybody bashing him for it.

Apart from not giving credit where credit was due, Zeppelin haven’t done anything different than anyone else in the entire history of humanity!

"
First of all: Yes. I did live under a rock. 
Secondly, I was just disappointed that their stuff wasn't original. It's not like... i HATE them for doing it.
Thirdly: Rolling Stones is not my beloved, lol, I just love Kieth Richards. Mick Jagger could possibly be the most annoying person I've witnessed.
But thank you for updating me from my rock inhabitation =)
Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Octagon Freak

Mick Jagger is the most annoying person? Have you ever seen Axl Rose?

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Gottheit

Hey, you will respect the snake.