#1 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3435 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would you rather have in 3 years?

I'm comparing Lebron's 6th year to Kevin's.

Regular Season:

Kevin Durant 2012-2013: 28.1 ppg, 4.6 apg, 7.9 rbg, 3.46 t/opg

FG% - .510

3P% - .416

FT% - .905

Record 60-22

LeBron James 2007-2008: 28.4 ppg, 7.2 apg, 7.6 rbg, 2.98 t/opg

FG% - .489

3P% - .344

FT% - .780

Record 45-37

Playoffs:

Kevin Durant ’12-’13 Post-Season: 30.8 ppg, 6.3 apg, 9.0 rbg, 3.91 t/opg

FG% - .455

3P% - .314

FT% - .830Lebron James 08'-09' Post-Season:

FG% - .411

3P% - .257

FT% - .731

n.b. to be fair, the number 1 seed in the Eastern conference during 07'-09' won < 52 games. Which would have been a 7th Seed average in the Western conference... It's no secret that the EC has been significantly weaker than the Western Conference. Also, Kevin Durant sat out 24 4th Qtrs this year due to their insane margin of points in the 3rd. His ppg avg could have gone up but probably 4-8ish

#2 Edited by russellmania77 (14421 posts) - - Show Bio

i met kevin once at our mall, so i choose him

#3 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (22914 posts) - - Show Bio

I would probably take KD in 3 years....

#4 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3435 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by jumpstart55 (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

LB right now.

But in the years to come, watch out for KD.

#6 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3435 posts) - - Show Bio

I know right, I'm in awe of the OKC future possibilities man...

#7 Posted by Oscuro (689 posts) - - Show Bio

Lebron

#8 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (921 posts) - - Show Bio

LeBron is currently in his prime, but a later down the road, i'd pick KD... once he develops his defence of course.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (223733 posts) - - Show Bio

Prince James over Kevin Durant

#10 Posted by MonsterStomp (15315 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by King Saturn (223733 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: Prince? King!

He's not a King yet... got a few more things to do before he can earn that title.

#12 Posted by MonsterStomp (15315 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

He's not a King yet... got a few more things to do before he can earn that title.

Who do you think will excel the most in the coming years?

#13 Edited by pooty (10748 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Kevin has just about reached his ceiling. He is a better shooter then LBJ but that's it. Lebron is better in every other way. Durant will never have lbj size. In 3 yrs Lebron will still be better then durant imo

#14 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (22914 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: I disagree, KD is only 24 years old there is tons of room for improvement.

Edit: I'm referring to him reaching his ceiling.

#15 Posted by pooty (10748 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: I disagree, KD is only 24 years old there is tons of room for improvement.

I don't see him having tons of room for improvement. He's already so good. If he improves that much he'll pass magic and Jordan. Which I don't see happening.

#16 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (22914 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I don't see him having tons of room for improvement. He's already so good. If he improves that much he'll pass magic and Jordan. Which I don't see happening.

He could still improve his rebounding skills, defense, passing skills;etc to a decent somewhat higher degree. If he improves these thing he probably would still be behind those two. Though I somewhat agree I doubt he has "tons" of room like I said earlier but I do think he has yet to reach his prime.

#17 Posted by pooty (10748 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: I agree he has not reached his prime. He can still improve in those areas you mentioned. If he stays healthy I think he will be what T-Mac or Grant Hill would have been.

#18 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

*COUGH COUGH..Kevin Durant is better...COUGH COUGH*

#19 Edited by King Saturn (223733 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@monsterstomp said:

Probably Prince James... Wade is getting less and less effective meaning James Scoring will Increase... while Durant will continue to be a 28 - 29 ppg player because he will need Westbrook to be that 21 - 23 ppg player if they have any change of even making it to the NBA Finals...

#20 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3435 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@king_saturn said:

@monsterstomp said:

Probably Prince James... Wade is getting less and less effective meaning James Scoring will Increase... while Durant will continue to be a 28 - 29 ppg player because he will need Westbrook to be that 21 - 23 ppg player if they have any change of even making it to the NBA Finals...

I personally feel like Durant will be better. Honestly though, Jeff Green and Paul George have significant potential (being 3rd years) to fill in KD/LBJ's shoes..

Durant's a better % player by far at this point and by evening out all the states besides assists (down this season by like 1.9 from Lebron) he's already ahead of Lebron at this age. If Durant actually played in 1/2 of those 4th Quarters could you imagine his stats o-O man...
Anyways, look out for Paul George, the kid is clutch and gave the Heat hell. I don't see the Heat making it to the finals this year (IF Indiana and Chicago are healthy). Lebrons a great player but even right now he's only just ahead of Durant due to the assists and averaging about 1 less turnover a game... In 3 years, Durant could get a lil meatier then the stat sheet will work in his favor and by the end of their careers, I believe Durant will win more championships...

#21 Posted by King Saturn (223733 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@monsterstomp said:

@king_saturn said:

@monsterstomp said:

I personally feel like Durant will be better. Honestly though, Jeff Green and Paul George have significant potential (being 3rd years) to fill in KD/LBJ's shoes..

Durant's a better % player by far at this point and by evening out all the states besides assists (down this season by like 1.9 from Lebron) he's already ahead of Lebron at this age. If Durant actually played in 1/2 of those 4th Quarters could you imagine his stats o-O man...

Anyways, look out for Paul George, the kid is clutch and gave the Heat hell. I don't see the Heat making it to the finals this year (IF Indiana and Chicago are healthy). Lebrons a great player but even right now he's only

just

ahead of Durant due to the assists and averaging about 1 less turnover a game... In 3 years, Durant could get a lil meatier then the stat sheet will work in his favor and by the end of their careers, I believe Durant will win more championships...

Durant is only a better scorer than Lebron... Lebron is better at essentially everything else though... especially defense and playmaking.

#22 Posted by pooty (10748 posts) - - Show Bio

Durant won't win a championship until Lebron is on his downside. after the next 5 yrs. Durant showed he needs GOOD help to be any good. Lebron has shown his talents with NO help.

#23 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (22914 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Woah, Woah, KD can be great with or with out help.

#24 Edited by MonsterStomp (15315 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@king_saturn said:

@monsterstomp said:

I agree. It's sad because Wade is my favourite player, and his prime didn't last all that long.

#25 Edited by pooty (10748 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Woah, Woah, KD can be great with or with out help.

I don't think he can carry a team the way Lebron carried The Cavs. Durant is a scorer..period imo. Lebron can affect the game is ways Durant can't. So far Durant is a Vince Carter or Allen Iverson... they are great but not elite like Kobe or Lebron.

#26 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (22914 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Durant is better then Vince Carter could ever dream. I would also put him above A.I. ; Iverson was a great scorer but he was anything but effecient. Durant is a decent defender, decent rebounder and pretty good passer but I agree scoring is his best strength but it is a mighty one indeed, Durant is probably the most effecient high volume scorer of all time. All in all you maybe be right.

#27 Posted by slade_wilson (442 posts) - - Show Bio

KD baybeee!

#28 Posted by pooty (10748 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: you're right. he is better then then VC or AI. Durant is somewhere between great and elite. and as much as i like him, i don't think he would ever reach elite. After Lebron, I see many GREAT players but I don't see another ELITE player in the league. Do you?

#29 Posted by King Saturn (223733 posts) - - Show Bio

Durant has the Potential to win maybe 1 or 2 NBA Titles... Depending on how long Lebron's run lasts... I don't think Durant would get more than 3 Titles tops... but that would be good enough to at least say he was a Great Player.

#30 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (22914 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: I agree as much as I like him (he is probably my favorite player of all tine) Lebron is heads and shoulders above him and everyone in the league.

#31 Posted by King Saturn (223733 posts) - - Show Bio

I am curious as to how this Andrew Wiggins kid will pan out and will he be the Next Phenom in the NBA...

#32 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by kriminal (642 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO LeBron james is easily the best player in the league today. easily. kd can score. but on the defensive end it isn't even close. you also left out some important stats

LEBRON 09

assist per game -7.2

steal per game-1.7

rebound per game -7.3

player efficiency rating-31.7

DURANT 2013

assist per game-4.6

steals per game-1.4

rebounds per game-6.8

player efficiency rating-28.3

--------------

please LeBron is on a whole other level. not to mention in Cleveland he didn't have nearly the team that Durant has now. Miami is coming off 3 trips to the finals and back to back titles thanks to LeBron. wade is on 1 knee every year and bosh is hot and cold.

#34 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3435 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01 said:

@king_saturn said:

@monsterstomp said:

@king_saturn said:

@monsterstomp said:

Anyways, look out for Paul George, the kid is clutch and gave the Heat hell. I don't see the Heat making it to the finals this year (IF Indiana and Chicago are healthy). Lebrons a great player but even right now he's only

just

ahead of Durant due to the assists and averaging about 1 less turnover a game... In 3 years, Durant could get a lil meatier then the stat sheet will work in his favor and by the end of their careers, I believe Durant will win more championships...

Durant is only a better scorer than Lebron... Lebron is better at essentially everything else though... especially defense and playmaking.

He's a better rebounder and has already surpassed Lebron on game winning shots, Durant is clutch. The only edge lebron has is weight and experience. Playmaking is arguable, Defense Lebron is great at, but I though it was low of him to complain about not getting the DPOTY award. Especially when other players easily had a better year than Gasol and James.

#35 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (22914 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: How is playmaking arguable? LeBron averages more assist and has a better assist to turnover ratio; LeBron is clearly the better playmaker. Since when was KD a better rebounder then LeBron?

#36 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

KD. i cant tolerate LJ.