• 80 results
#1 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
Sure, there are lame Names for a Superhero Name from every now and there, but You might want to consider these Famous Lame Names that are Covered by there Current Stature and Image.

• Superman-I mean Come on! Try Thinking of this name very deeply...you can actually see how lame this name is, thank goodness for he Famously Moved one third of the Planet.
  • Wonder Woman- Don't make her Fine Um....Body distract you in thinking this again with deep thoughts!, i mean i don't know whats so good about this name.
  • Unicorn-If they were going with something in the Reverse-psychology Thing like naming a Giant tiny and whatnot, they didn't do that much. A Transformer with Planet Busting Powers and they had to name them Unicorn
  • Batman-Its as lame as Catman if it wasn't for his fame. (I would Talk about this much more, but I don't want to mess with the Bat-factor)
  • He-Man-the name says it all.

If i forgot others please help me remember!
#2 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

All the names, except Unicorn, were created a long time ago. Back then those name were fine. Nowdays we want more complex names. Imagine today someone who is creating a fire-based hero, to name him Fireman. Other names are Aquaman, Ant-Man and every name with lad or lass in it.
#3 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

"Green Lantern" is even more lame than the ones listed above.

#4 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin, She-Hulk, She-Thing (Yes there is a She-Thing).

#5 Edited by exodus0000000 (472 posts) - - Show Bio
@lagoon_boy said:

" Sure, there are lame Names for a Superhero Name from every now and there, but You might want to consider these Famous Lame Names that are Covered by there Current Stature and Image.

• Superman-I mean Come on! Try Thinking of this name very deeply...you can actually see how lame this name is, thank goodness for he Famously Moved one third of the Planet.
  • Wonder Woman- Don't make her Fine Um....Body distract you in thinking this again with deep thoughts!, i mean i don't know whats so good about this name.
  • Unicorn-If they were going with something in the Reverse-psychology Thing like naming a Giant tiny and whatnot, they didn't do that much. A Transformer with Planet Busting Powers and they had to name them Unicorn
  • Batman-Its as lame as Catman if it wasn't for his fame. (I would Talk about this much more, but I don't want to mess with the Bat-factor)
  • He-Man-the name says it all.

If i forgot others please help me remember! "
Man 90% of super hero/comic character's names are lame...well maybe not that many, but most of them.  By the way the super powerful Transformer guy's name is UnicRon, not UnicoRn lol.  I love the name Unicron.  It's galactically epic.  Uni-Universe and Cron-Idk, but it's alien and cool. 
#6 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

What about IronMan? I know his first armor was made out of iron but he hasn't used this armor since I don't remember when. He should update his name.

#7 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
@exodus0000000: O_o
#8 Posted by exodus0000000 (472 posts) - - Show Bio
@lagoon_boy said:
" @exodus0000000: O_o "
lol what?
#9 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
@exodus0000000:  Uni-ron and Uni-corn
#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is the German-translation of the Nietzschean Ubermensch, ie, the perfect, incorruptible human. It's not a lame at all. 

#11 Edited by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  So...The English Name is Translated into German and Gets Translated back again to English But Turns out into another different meaning? that doesn't make sense.
#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@lagoon_boy: Huh? Ok, Nietzsche wrote about the Ubermensch, which means Superman. Superman, the character, exemplflies the Nietzschean fantasy, hence his name. Does that make sense?
#13 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Catman.
#14 Posted by Undergroundgod (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Aqua lad. (Do I really need to say more?)
2. Bucky. ( Buck up Bucky!... I shit you not... Captain America has said that... At least 100 times.)
3. Longshot. (Are they talking about his aim... or them taking a chance with him?)
4. Strong Guy. ( Power/Sex)
5. Man-Thing. (Uh okay.)
#15 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5416 posts) - - Show Bio

Cod-Piece?
#16 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
"

"
ha ha... Invincible for the win  !
#18 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: HAHA!
#19 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Strong-Guy was an idiotic name lol

#20 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
"

"
Lol, I love Spider-Man.
#21 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: Poor names.
#22 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

Radioactive Man: even less creative than 'Spider-Man', and by the time you've finished saying it he's already attacked.

Angel: sounds really gay. I'm glad he usually goes by Archangel now.

Captain Britain: sounds like a cheap, second-hand ripoff of Captain America... only British.

Bishop: his superhero name is his last name...

Strong Guy: I know it was supposed to be a joke, but it still sucks. He should have gotten a new name by now.

#23 Posted by exodus0000000 (472 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
"

"
lol Black Man, haha.

@lagoon_boy said:
" @exodus0000000:  Uni-ron and Uni-corn "

Huh?  I'm lost.  The guy's name is UNICRON, not UNIRON or UNICORN.  It's UNICRON.  The R is before the O.  UNICRON. 
#24 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with He-man and Wonder Woman but not Batman and Superman.

#25 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Fantastic- Imagine the naming process. " Hey, guys, I got codenames for a of us. Sue, you're the Invisible Girl. Johnny, you can be the Human Torch. Ben, I don't know what you are now, so I'm gonna call you Thing. And I'm Mr. Fantastic, and we can be the Fantastic 4." What a douche! 
Robin-There is nothing intimidating about a robin. Plus the outfit did not help 
Fire and Ice- Really clever naming 
Giant Man-I wonder what he can do

#26 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

For the record, there is an Iron Man villian by the name of Unicorn.

He has a 'power horn' and everything...

#27 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh look, Iceman....Lame even though I love the character. 

So many bad names to even start.

#28 Posted by conformist21 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

iceman sounds like a job.
wonder man -_-
even the thing is a terrible name
most everything can sound bad, it goes to be merely adjectives.
haha catman makes me laugh

#29 Posted by Undergroundgod (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

Evil Lyn. 
Red Skull... I love this character... Look he has a Red Skull, whats his name? Red Skull! 
Black Panther... I really love this character aswell... Why not just call him Panther ? Its not like Batman is called White Bat.  
Gambit... Not a fan of the name. 

#30 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Undergroundgod said:
" 1. Aqua lad. (Do I really need to say more?)2. Bucky. ( Buck up Bucky!... I shit you not... Captain America has said that... At least 100 times.)3. Longshot. (Are they talking about his aim... or them taking a chance with him?)4. Strong Guy. ( Power/Sex)5. Man-Thing. (Uh okay.) "
His name is a joke, he created himself since every team needed a strong guy.
#31 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Power NeXus said:
"Strong Guy: I know it was supposed to be a joke, but it still sucks. He should have gotten a new name by now."
I like Strong Guy.

I hate names with Lad or Lass.
#32 Posted by Undergroundgod (2925 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Undergroundgod said:
" 1. Aqua lad. (Do I really need to say more?)2. Bucky. ( Buck up Bucky!... I shit you not... Captain America has said that... At least 100 times.)3. Longshot. (Are they talking about his aim... or them taking a chance with him?)4. Strong Guy. ( Power/Sex)5. Man-Thing. (Uh okay.) "
His name is a joke, he created himself since every team needed a strong guy. "

I know it is a joke name... Its a old joke... Time for a real name.
#33 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
Never Mind.
#34 Posted by Sylver (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

Girl names:' 
Shadowcat/Ariel/Sprite...whatever the crap her name is, they all sound girly, gay, and pointless! But I do love her powers.... 
Marvel Girl....ummmm, reason for the name? none.  Anything to do with her powers? nope. 
Ms. Marvel.... Ms.? Really? I love the character, but Miss? 
I think most of the other ones have been covered.... 
Guy names:  
Superman .... yes, I heard the discussion earlier about the whole German-English thing....but did you have to use the word "super" in it?  Whenever someone says the word "super" to me, I think of Barney the dinosaur.  That's just nasty. 
Mr. Fantastic..... well, wasn't somebody on their high-horse when they named themselves? 
The Thing ..... ummm, The Thing.  Wow....is there anything NOT lame about that? 

Wow...I've never thought about lame names this much until now...I may have to come back and post more when I remember more. X-)
#35 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Primmaster64 said:
"

"
ha ha... Invincible for the win  ! "

That is hilarious!! Especially Spider-Man's reaction in the end.
#36 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Undergroundgod said:
"Black Panther... I really love this character aswell... Why not just call him Panther ? Its not like Batman is called White Bat.  "
A Black Panther is actually a type of animal. The only white bat in the world is a Honduran Bat or Honduran White Bat. Who wants to read about Honduran Batman?
#37 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
"

"
LMFAO....XDXDXD
#38 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Power NeXus said:
"Strong Guy: I know it was supposed to be a joke, but it still sucks. He should have gotten a new name by now."
I like Strong Guy.  I hate names with Lad or Lass. "
So basically the entire Legion of Super-Heroes?
#39 Posted by Sylver (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody:  Good point.  But I'm a Batman fan....the name's not the most fantastic, but I've heard worse.
#40 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio
@courtney12490 said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Power NeXus said:
So basically the entire Legion of Super-Heroes? "
Pretty much.
#41 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@courtney12490 said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Power NeXus said:
So basically the entire Legion of Super-Heroes? "
Yeah....

@Sylver said:
" @Nobody:  Good point.  But I'm a Batman fan....the name's not the most fantastic, but I've heard worse. "

I don't have a problem with Batman or Black Panther. I actually like animal named characters.
#42 Posted by Sylver (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody:  True.  At least it's in tune with their character.  Kinda like Tigra...I like her, expecially in the manga marvel version.
#43 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: You hate spidey's name?
#44 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sylver said:
" @Nobody:  True.  At least it's in tune with their character.  Kinda like Tigra...I like her, expecially in the manga marvel version. "
I've never read manga marvel.

@spidey 15 said:
" @Nobody: You hate spidey's name? "

I think you read my post wrong.
#45 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: I don't think so...you just said you don't like names with lad or lass in it...=]
#46 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Lad?

#47 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing is for sure, if Spider-Man was created today, he would propably have another name. Webb, Arachnoid, etc.
#48 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would Spider-Man have a different name if he was created today? They don't make characters today with "man" in their name?

#49 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: Nope...spider-man
#50 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes they do but how many are they in comparison to the others?