Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Ladies, Would You Rather Work Or Be A Housewife? (10 votes)

Career Woman 30%
Housewife 70%

I guess I'm somewhere in between the two. I wouldn't call my occupation a "career" as there is no traditional ladder to climb, being stuck in an office 10 hours a day with a bunch of people you'd never want to be friends with if you weren't forced to be together? I would HATE that. Forced to kiss someone's ring to climb the career ladder? Screw that too. I make good money out of my occupation but I'm self employed, only myself to answer to and I get to meet lots of lovely people of all ages, occupations, both genders and I really love that. Sure, sometimes

So given the choice between lonely career woman or bored housewife, I'd take the housewife, and use my time to start a cottage industry or some other way to make money. But there would be no kids, I'm dead against having kids. So I guess I'd have a ton of time on my hands!

#1 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh... why does no one ever ask guys this question? House-husbands are very common these days.

#2 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not both?

#3 Edited by Dernman (15160 posts) - - Show Bio

This poll is SEXIST!!!

It prevents men from seeing the results when they respect it enough not to vote in a question meant for women. :p

Wait this poll is only for woman? SEXIST!!!

#4 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22624 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man... The Fire Rises.

And Winter is Coming for you...

#5 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: Because, traditionally woman were only allowed to do this role.But modern men take up this role.So it go both ways.

#6 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: Yes this poll is only for woman.You guys always be sexist to us women and making threads called "bootyism" that's degrading to women.

#7 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18182 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

Eh... why does no one ever ask guys this question? House-husbands are very common these days.

Good point.

@dernman: Yes this poll is only for woman.You guys always be sexist to us women and making threads called "bootyism" that's degrading to women.

That thread actually got locked. And it was hardly degrading of women.

#8 Edited by Dernman (15160 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements: I know many a woman who enjoy the booty. We don't discriminate and say they can't enjoy the booty also. :p

#9 Posted by Dernman (15160 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

There is still a stigma to it. Lots of men feel ashamed or that they failed somehow.

#10 Posted by Joygirl (20040 posts) - - Show Bio

Being a housewife is only valid if you have kids, which I don't plan to have. Besides, I would go crazy without a project. The ideal, of course, is to be rich and do whatever you want, so I pick C: Wealthy Playgirl.

#11 Posted by XImpossibruX (5180 posts) - - Show Bio

Awaiting the inevitable 'kitchen' or 'sandwich' joke.

#12 Posted by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather be a housewife!

Oh Sorry. Forgot the "ladies" part of the thread! :D

#13 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by Dernman (15160 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: Who said you can talk? Keep quiet and make me a sammich.

#15 Posted by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: I'm probably guilty of that mindset lol

#16 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe a man's job is to be a provider...and as a househusband, he is providing maintenance, care and love to his children, wife and home. Nothing wrong with it in my eyes. As long as he is receiving the respect he deserves from his family, then he shouldn't have a problem with it either.

#17 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements said:

I believe a man's job is to be a provider...and as a househusband, he is providing maintenance, care and love to his children, wife and home. Nothing wrong with it in my eyes. As long as he is receiving the respect he deserves from his family, then he shouldn't have a problem with it either.

I think the woman should do the same thing.

Man should do that, and a woman should do that. No reason why there should be any other argument.