L4D vs Dead Island

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EternalDecider

i was just wondering about exactly which special infected would be stronger..

Witch vs Butcher

Charger vs Ram

Boomer vs Floater

Yeah just wondering about who would win in these fights.. :D

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jeanlucpicard

I thought you were going to be asking which game is better. I saw the review on dead island and it looks awful.

I'm of no use to you tho lol.

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EternalDecider

@jeanlucpicard: Hahah true. Many reviewers said it was really bad. Didn't really play the game myself, but saw the special infected, and just wondered about which was better. I wikied them, so its just really a random thought...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

It wasn't terrible, but it was packed with bugs/glitches.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@k4tzm4n said:

Yeah, I tried it out with my bro in law, the frame rate looked all f*cked up and the controls doesn't feel too responsive. I was incredibly disappointed.
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

L4D is my sh*t

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Deranged Midget
@texasdeathmatch said:
@k4tzm4n said:

Yeah, I tried it out with my bro in law, the frame rate looked all f*cked up and the controls doesn't feel too responsive. I was incredibly disappointed.
I had fun with it, definitely didn't live up to the trailer but killing zombies is also on the top of my list.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ssejllenrad

The one with Wesker on it... Trollolllollollollollolloll!

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EternalDecider

@Deranged Midget: The trailer definitely impressed me. But not the gameplay. And of course the reviews...

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ssejllenrad: Couldn't resist eh?

@EternalDecider: The gameplay wasn't bad perse, I give it credit for trying something different and the exploration was grand.

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EternalDecider

@Deranged Midget: True. Yeah i've heard the free roam was awesome. How was the graphics? Heard compliments on the graphics and the scenery.. :D

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget

@EternalDecider: The scenery and art style is fantastic. Technically, the game is average and has it's moments.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Dead Island was beautiful, but it was so boring and bland.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

I personally loved both games. Both of them are yes... zombie games but are so different at the same time. Now... for your question...

Witch vs Butcher= This one is probably the hardest for me... but after playing both games, I would have to say The Butcher. While the Witch is powerful and fast, The Butcher (IMO) is just a little faster. Plus it wont just concintrate on one enemy at a time, It'll attack one, then go after another person who is near by rather than the Witch who will attack a single enemey until dead.

Charger vs Ram= Charger, he's bigger and not only does he 'charge' at you he grabs a hold of you and slams you around like a rag doll.

Boomer vs Floater= Floater. It would have been more interesting to have Boomer vs Sucicide since they both explode... but anyways, Floater wins, he would be able to take out a boomer long distance with his spray... thing... lol and while boomers DO vomit on you, it doesnt reach very far.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Deranged Midget said:

@EternalDecider: The gameplay wasn't bad perse, I give it credit for trying something different and the exploration was grand.

Definitely.  I recall very early on going waaay off course.  I ended up near the main entrance of the hotel and heard some extremely intimidating zombie groans around the corner.  At that point I promptly bolted in the opposite direction :D
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Definitely. I recall very early on going waaay off course. I ended up near the main entrance of the hotel and heard some extremely intimidating zombie groans around the corner. At that point I promptly bolted in the opposite direction :D

Haha! I know the feeling! I'd be scrounging around trying to find supplies and weapons when all of a sudden I hear screams from those blasted infected, proceed to scream like a little girl, boot both goons in the face, and sprint away as fast as I could :P

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EternalDecider

@Deranged Midget: Hahaha, sounds like you guys had fun. Actually, i felt that the whole upgradable weapons and skill tree aspects were awesome. How good were the weapons?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deranged Midget

@EternalDecider: The only problem I really had with the game was that the weapons deteriorated far too quickly.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By _Zombie_

Oddly enough, Dead Island was a lot more fun than L4D was.

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EternalDecider

@ZombieBigfoot: Hahaha really? Wow thats a surprising statement. :D

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By _Zombie_

@EternalDecider: I suppose it has to do partly with the exploration. I love open-world games. Sure the characters were bland and the game was glitchy, but overall the gameworld was beautiful and the gameplay was fun. And it was challenging. L4D challenges you via the classic 'horde vs. survivor(s)' sense. Guns and melee weapons kill them pretty quickly(except for the tank). That's not the case in Dead Island. In fact, some of the special infected in DI made me crap my pants and run the other way. You're pretty much forced to use headshots to make guns effective, and it takes a pretty decent amount of swings with a melee weapon to kill even a standard infected. So yeah, the increase in challenge made it a lot funner.

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EternalDecider

@ZombieBigfoot: Yeah, open-world games are awesome. Yeah the two games definitely took a different turn in terms of execution. Oh but one thing i wanted to touch on was Multiplayer. Of course L4D and L4D2 multiplayers were awesome, but i've seen walkthroughs and videos of multiplayer in dead island but never got a frank comment on it. So, in comparison, which do you think is better?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By John Valentine

But the Dead Island trailer was SO EMOTIVE....

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By _Zombie_

@EternalDecider said:

@ZombieBigfoot: Yeah, open-world games are awesome. Yeah the two games definitely took a different turn in terms of execution. Oh but one thing i wanted to touch on was Multiplayer. Of course L4D and L4D2 multiplayers were awesome, but i've seen walkthroughs and videos of multiplayer in dead island but never got a frank comment on it. So, in comparison, which do you think is better?

Depends on your preference, really. I myself liked DI's better. Though it is annoying to wait on teammates to be able to finish a quest, and XBL players aren't always the most.. cooperative. Though that could be said about L4D, too. Overall, it comes down to whether or not you like an RPG system and exploration.. or horde-type gameplay. Not knocking the second, it's just that unless I'm in a certain mood, it doesn't do much for me.

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EternalDecider

@John Valentine: Yes. I was utterly moved. I was as impressed with the music as i was with the execution. The story was extremely moving, and the music only added more depth, emotion and an ironic calmness into the trailer. I felt it was a masterpiece but of course it made no reference to the gameplay, thus i had my doubts about the game. But the trailer was amazingly successful and utterly moving.

Awesome. Well i guess that is true... Multiplayer has pros and cons. Well, I'm definitely glad you enjoyed it, and perhaps, somewhere in the future, i may eventually try the game myself. :D

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By _Zombie_

@EternalDecider said:

@John Valentine: Yes. I was utterly moved. I was as impressed with the music as i was with the execution. The story was extremely moving, and the music only added more depth, emotion and an ironic calmness into the trailer. I felt it was a masterpiece but of course it made no reference to the gameplay, thus i had my doubts about the game. But the trailer was amazingly successful and utterly moving.

Awesome. Well i guess that is true... Multiplayer has pros and cons. Well, I'm definitely glad you enjoyed it, and perhaps, somewhere in the future, i may eventually try the game myself. :D

It's goes for under $20 nowadays, so it's worth picking up if you have time to kill.

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EternalDecider

@ZombieBigfoot: Awesome! but i've been pretty busy lately so i'll probably pick it up only when i'm done with my stuff. But if it's not bad a buy and that cheap, i'll probably give it a try. Thanks for your point of view!