#1 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.gamespot.com/news/kojima-says-mgs-ground-zeroes-may-be-too-risky-to-release-6404391

Now i really can't wait!

#2 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

It's very likely to be heavily focused on torture.

In every MGS, there is an emphasis on torture and it is often experienced by many characters, including the player's character. Based on the footage from Ground Zeroes, there are several cages that are holding people. This could be what Kojima is expanding upon through the course.

Yea, it's going to be a lot about torture.

#3 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Then he opens himself and his game up to criticism.

#4 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

No it's not.... It's about the marketing. 

The last Metal Gear game cost $70 Million to develop and produce. 

MGS 4 needed to sell one million on the day of release in order to make a profit in the long term, and they barely made it. But due to places like GameStop where people beat the game and return it or trade it in kind of killed the future on coming sales. (This is just ONE of the reasons why GameStop is going out of business). 

But even if it were about the torture, it wouldn't make sense because every Metal Gear Solid game has torture. Sex scenes? They had that in Snake Eater.   

Maybe its child abuse... 

Raiden, Naomi, and Ottocan all had pretty disturbing past. Especially the story about Ottocon and his step mother and then him falling in love with his 14 year old sister.... So Yea..... There was already taboo in the past games, but maybe this time, they're going to be more graphic about it??? Who knows.... 

But the overall point of it being too risky, is always about sales.... Generating that income so that the company can develop another more expensive game to make.
#5 Edited by Samimista (21016 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to see this come out. I've been a fan of the series since 2008 and played each title (except Portal Ops and Ghost of Babel) 3/4 times. Metal Gear can be a dark series and that's what I love about it along with many other things. Ground Zeroes is possibly the game I've ever been so hyped up for. Hideo Kojima also happens to be one of the two people (Tetsuya Nomura is the other) that inspires me in life with his work. Absolutely love that man.

#6 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1838 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect Game plan to release a game, Saing I wont only builds the hype of the game.

#7 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by MrDirector786 (43641 posts) - - Show Bio

That's interesting.

#9 Posted by Samimista (21016 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

I replay this so much on my iTouch. So looking forward to this coming out.

In Hideo we trust.

#10 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista:

VG's chuck norris

#11 Posted by Samimista (21016 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@Samimista:

VG's chuck norris

For sure! =D Solid's my favorite Snake but Big Boss is awesome too. There was a recent poll on Twitter David Hayter conducted about how fans would feel if he didn't voice Snake in the next Metal Gear game. I know that's a hypothetical question but I hope he'll be voicing in Ground Zeroes. Big Boss is still young enough for him. Though wouldn't mind if Richard Doyle were to take up the role again.

#12 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: Imma cry like a b!tch if hayter does not do snake T_T

#13 Posted by Samimista (21016 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: I'll be very torn up too but I'm hoping that was just a hypothetical question and nothing more. David is really awesome and one of the best voice actors out there. I actually had Quinton Flynn Tweet respond to me a few months ago!

Didn't expect that. 0.0

Honestly though, I don't remember the last time I was this excited for a game to come out. Everyday I think of the trailer and wonder when the release date will be.

#14 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista:

dat sexy voice

#15 Posted by Samimista (21016 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Have you ever seen the skit where the voice actors are in therapy since they believe they're the actual characters?

The Mk. II cat part is always my favorite! xD

#16 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista:

Here's to you Nicola and Bart!

Rest forever here in our hearts!

The last and final moment is yours!

That agony is your triumph!

also in MGS4

#17 Posted by Samimista (21016 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@Samimista:

Here's to you Nicola and Bart!

Rest forever here in our hearts!

The last and final moment is yours!

That agony is your triumph!

also in MGS4

Lol yeah. Guns of Patriots was my first Metal Gear game. Big brother got me into the series when that came out in the summer of June 2008. Been an addict since then to the series. =D

#18 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: the lore is so beautiful, like a fusion of james bond (connery) and nick fury

#19 Posted by Samimista (21016 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Still waking up a bit (one of those lazy days) so mind's not fresh yet but is that an Indie game? The name sounds very familiar yet can't think of what it's from.

#20 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: marvel nick fury and sean connery james bond

#21 Posted by Samimista (21016 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Oh! xD I get what you mean now lol. Ditzy moment.