Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@ssejllenrad said:

@mightypug78 said:

i thought kobe was a singer. :P

That's Colbie Caillat dumdum... Kobe is an actress.

Gross...
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By ssejllenrad
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Vance Astro said:

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

Except that 1 time in 1999(?) vs Utah, all the Hack a Shaq ever did to Shaq when he was a Laker was prevent him from getting the ball to make a game winner. Otherwise Shaq was just so good that him making 1/2 from the line didn't really hurt the Lakers because he was still so good at everything else.

The question is, was Shaq technically "stoppable on defense"? Is hack a shaq effective enough for anyone to say it's a way to STOP Shaq? The game you're talking about in '99, Shaq probably dropped like 25-30 despite the final outcome.I don't think any player or set of players can say they ever effectively held Shaq down on the defense. I mean you may stop him from winning the game by putting him on the line but did you really STOP him if he hit his average or over that as far as scoring? Not directing this at you as if you brought it up, just asking.

I don't remember much of that game just that Utah spanked our butts for a very long time, I believe it was the last game of the season, Shaq made the game winner & we proceeded to celebrate like we won the freaking championship. But no, I don't think Hack a Shaq ever worked against him in his prime. Shaq was never as bad as D12 is now or Ben Wallace. I'll take 50% from the FT line w/Shaq and the rest of the guys on def.

Hack a Nick Anderson on the other hand worked quite well for the Rockets......

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: To me Kobe was clearly the Pippen in the relationship & Jordan wouldn't have won it w/o him either. So whether it's fair or not, Kobe does have that against him. It didnt help that when Shaq was rolling, he to me was challenging Jordan for GOAT. Then he got fat and well we all know what happened after that.

Kobe clearly helped Shaq more then Pippen helped Jordan and the diffrence is Kobe has won with out Shaq while Pippen never won with out Jordan,when the game was on the line the ball was in Kobe's hand when the game was on the line ain't no way Pippen was taking the last shot over MJ.

As far as Kareem and who he played against. Honestly it doesn't matter. He dominated his peers like very few did and did it well into the 80s.

But none of the guys he played against was as good as the guys Kobe had to compete against Duncan,Lebron and Shaq are all better then the guys Kareem played against in his glory days.

He dominated his peers like very few did and did it well into the 80s. The guy came in and spanked Wilt and left spanking guys like Mchale, Hakeem, Parish, Ewing. His finals performance at age 37 I believe was magnificent.

Kobe has also "spanked" guys such as Ray Allen,Lebron James,,Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson,Steve Nash,Paul Peirce etc.

Also, I can honestly make the same arguement for Jordan when he dominated during the 90s. That was when you had those 2 Canadian expansion teams, high school players started being drafted early and the European players hadn't yet taken over the league to fill the talent gap that came about due to the expansion & early entries. We're not going to take anything away from Jordan for dominating when others didn't now are we?

You could, but Jordan also dominated during the 80's as well (although he never won a championship) my point is you can't penalize Kobe for getting less MVP's when he played against other guys that are debatably in the top 10 such as Lebron,Duncan and Shaq. Kobe had a harder time getting MVP because the level of people he played against was better then the level talent he was playing against.

The only team Kobe & the Lakers ever played against in the playoffs that were worthy opponents were the Spurs & Celtics. None of the East teams with the exception of the Celtics were any good. So no, I don't agree that Kobe had it anywhere near as tough as Kareem or Jordan. Hands down the guys Kareem & Jordan played against were much much tougher. I'll take Wilt, West & Baylor, McHale, Bird, Parish & Dennis Johnson over any of the 3 guys that Kobe (& Shaq) played against. Yes, over Lebron, Wade, Bosh & this Heat team too. Those teams would whoop Lebron & the Heat right now, whoops the Spurs & make OKC cry like the babies they are.

As far as Kobe & the pippen debate. Sure Kobe was better but he still wasn't the man & had to ride on Shaq's back. Jordan always was the man and there was no questions about it He ruled the league. Kobe didn't. plain and simple. We might as well be starting a debate on whether or not Shaq is better than Jordan and I would use the same arguement why he's not like I am for Kobe. He didn't dominate the league year in & out (lack of MVPs), he wasn't the man in all of his championships (the lone one in Mia).

As far as Jordan's domination in the 80s, yea he played 4 years in the 80s (he was injured for 1 year) & won a MVP. The MVP solidified his dominance & he has a total of 5. Kobe has 1.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

I don't remember much of that game just that Utah spanked our butts for a very long time, I believe it was the last game of the season, Shaq made the game winner & we proceeded to celebrate like we won the freaking championship. But no, I don't think Hack a Shaq ever worked against him in his prime. Shaq was never as bad as D12 is now or Ben Wallace. I'll take 50% from the FT line w/Shaq and the rest of the guys on def.

Hack a Nick Anderson on the other hand worked quite well for the Rockets......

Ben Wallace is tragic. He went from one of the best defenders in the league to...."who does he play for again"?