Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Killer Whale VS Great White Shark (31 votes)

Killer Whale 84%
Great White Shark 16%

Which will win in a one and one fight?

#1 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

... You realize Killer Whale is designed to go toe to toe with Namor, who in turn can go toe to toe with the HULK, while Great White Shark is a deformed cutthroat crime boss?

Don't get me wrong, Great White is TOTALLY deserving of the beat down, but **** it's going to be one helluva beatdown.

#2 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a real animal fight lol and not comicbook character fight lol.

#3 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer whale for me given a natural circumstance. The orcas travel in groups. Sharks don't. Not to mention they are smarter and bigger. Killer whales are also stated to be the apex predators of the seas.

In a hunting match, I make this a draw. Orcas can still defend themselves using a multitude of attacks including tail whips, bites and plain ol ramming. But Sharks are just better hunters (with their bite and go technique) so that'll be the equalizer.

#4 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

... You realize Killer Whale is designed to go toe to toe with Namor, who in turn can go toe to toe with the HULK, while Great White Shark is a deformed cutthroat crime boss?

Don't get me wrong, Great White is TOTALLY deserving of the beat down, but **** it's going to be one helluva beatdown.

Ahahaha! You just won the thread.

#5 Edited by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio
@jonsmith said:

You're awesome if that was on purpose.

Anywho, single Orca are capable of preying on adult Great Whites. Its practically not close, I'd bet my environental science: ecology/ biology (dual major just to brag) degree.

#6 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Whales are the top of the food chain in the sea. Great Whites aren't even larger than Orcas. So to sum up Orcas are larger, smarter, pack hunters, and are generally way more Bad***

A more even match up would be a bottlenose dolphin vs a Great White.

#7 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: Of-topic but since you already broadcast your credentials, I have to ask... Does a pack (or whatever it's called) of orcas have the ability to take down a carcharodon megalodon?

A more even match up would be a bottlenose dolphin vs a Great White.

Refereed by this guy:

#8 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Orca.

#9 Posted by M3th (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was the animals fighting each other but Jon made me think otherwise. Either way I guess I voted for the wrong one.

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Orca's are the only predators that will attack and kill a Great White.

#11 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: It'd have to be a large pod. 9-10 adult males could probably take down a megaladon. I've seen clips of 5 large males killing a larger-than-normal grey whale, but then again grey whales don't have 7 foot jawspans

#12 Edited by lagoon_boy (10952 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

/Thread.

#13 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5006 posts) - - Show Bio

There is footage on YouTube of an Orca slamming into a Great White and holding him so he drowns. What happens to sharks when they are turned over they become paralyzed in a way. The Orcas have learned this and take advantage of he Great Whites weakness.

#14 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, most documentaries (which I realize aren't exactly the most accurate source, but hey, what the hell do I know) seem to concur that orcas are superior to great white sharks, least in terms of the food chain.

#15 Edited by Vortex13 (12249 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Depends on the type of documentary. Usually ones about living animals behavior and characteristics are accurate.

Orca's wreck the sharks. How is this even a question? Killer Whales have been documented killing Great Whites on multiple occasions.

#16 Posted by Bruxae (13076 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this the same guy who did the Grizzly vs Hippo fight? Because they are both equally ridiculous.

#17 Posted by Joygirl (19277 posts) - - Show Bio

This happens in the ocean. Orcas play catch with great whites for fun. They stomp.

#18 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Whale owns Great White. Along with almost anything in the sea.

#19 Edited by Black_Claw (2956 posts) - - Show Bio

You do know Killer Whales eat Great Whites is real life right. Even if the orca isn't in a group, it can still easily own a Great White.

#20 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7010 posts) - - Show Bio

Willy pretty much owns Jaws 10/10. Just look at the size difference ffs lmao!!!!!

#21 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23779 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

This happens in the ocean. Orcas play catch with great whites for fun. They stomp.