Killer takes TWO HOURS to die after legal injection

• 120 results
kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Innocent people being put to death is a tragedy. That is a different subject than what happened here though. A man that murders a human being should get put down like an animal. I don't believe you can be redeemed from that.

I also will never understand how some people think putting down a murderer is as bad as what the murderer did.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcjr said:

Innocent people being put to death is a tragedy. That is a different subject than what happened here though. A man that murders a human being should get put down like an animal. I don't believe you can be redeemed from that.

I also will never understand how some people think putting down a murderer is as bad as what the murderer did.

That's ridiculous, though. You would sacrifice the life of an innocent man or woman to seek out pointless and expensive torture and killing to suit whatever primal need you have to see humans you hate die? What if you were that innocent man, falsely imprisoned for a heinous crime and sent to death row because of a non-perfect justice system, to be tortured and killed like an animal? Would you sacrifice your life to uphold these otherwise pointless and barbaric values? Do you need human sacrifice to justify our sense of justice, like some ancient era religious offering?

It's baffling to me. When we talk about prisoners people turn off all sense of humanity we have. We treat raping men and women as a funny joke and torturing and murdering them as just when we know for a fact there are innocents caught in the crossfires, then waive it off as, "Well, he'd just spend his life in jail if we didn't kill him," as if it's our call to make whether a man should die or live in captivity, a situation none of us have found ourselves in.

It's so easy to think of criminals as less than people for folks and it truly depresses me.

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: What are you talking about? I said an innocent man being executed is a tragedy, but is a different subject than this actual murderer being put down. I would never condone sacrificing an innocent. There's also nothing wrong with satisfying a primal need for vengeance. This murderer is a dangerous man, he is the monster that needs to be removed from this world.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why you don't use lethal injection.

A doctor will never supervise a lethal injection, so automatically your compromising effectiveness. Furthermore, there is this rediculous notion that the guy being executed should get a last second appeal, so you have to give him a slow acting pain killer, as opposed to pumping him full of liquid rooter and being done with it all.

They should do away with lethal injection and bring back Firing Squads. Effective at killing, no pain and you even have time for the precious last second appeal before the guys pull their triggers.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yea, I don't give a s**t if a murderer suffered. He didn't care about his victim's suffering so as far as I'm concerned he lost all rights to compassion. And before someone comments on this I should be clear, nothing you say will alter my feelings on this so don't try.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189: Ironically the Guillotine has been proven less painful than almost every other kind of execution, yet its considered less humane because it looks worse than a needle in the arm.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189: Ironically the Guillotine has been proven less painful than almost every other kind of execution, yet its considered less humane because it looks worse than a needle in the arm.

Well they probably won't go that route, but who could argue with a bullet in the head?

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

What can I say, at least the guy wasn't innocent like some on death penalty have been. Could you imagine someone being wrongly accused and then having to suffer two hours and the response is "well, he deserved it--oops, no he didn't, man this death penalty sure is irreversible and final."

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189: The power of public perception is overwhelming. People see a bloody death they instantly think its awful regardless of whether it was painful or not. Personally if I had to choose between getting my head cut off instantly or being electrocuted, Off with my head.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By force_echo

@OverLordArhas said:

@force_echo:

When did I say that criminals with Life Sentence gets away all the time. What I say is that there are ways that they could get away whether legally or not. Remember, a sensational crime's attention only last as much as the next big news. A convicted felon can work around the system to get out. Remember the most ruthless criminals come with the best lawyers.

If you say that one innocent person killed in capital punishment is a tragedy how about the 2 or more this criminals could kill if they are allowed to walk the streets. As I said also before, no system is perfect, the Death Penalty is only a mean to an end, a tool so we say.

As for the Swiss Banks, Sweden is a fairly safe country with little crime rates. Why? Because no Crime Boss is stupid enough to start trouble there because the money they have is stored there. Criminals who makes crime their business is almost nil there IIRC. Nothing to do with luxury prison.

Ok, again, you make all these claims without backing them up at all. You say, "What I say is that there are ways that they could get away whether legally or not." What ways? How many criminals serving life without parole actually get away using these mysterious "ways"? How many convicted felons "worked around the system to get out"? You're basically building up your whole argument on the idea that criminals serving life without parole can get out of jail, but HOW? HOW MANY DO? I simply don't believe that criminals serving life without parole can just get out of jail for no reason. They certainly can't escape.

Except they're not going to walk the streets. Because they are in jail.

Do you have any evidence for this claim, because it doesn't make any sense at all and I'm 99% sure that you're just pulling this out of your ass. Sweden is a safe country because people there are rich and thus have a lot to lose to crime, and have many government amenities, and because they have prisons that rehabilitate criminals.

PatMcgroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By PatMcgroin

Whether or not he deserved it (which he did) he was sentenced to death by an elected official.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Dredeuced

@kcjr said:

@dredeuced: What are you talking about? I said an innocent man being executed is a tragedy, but is a different subject than this actual murderer being put down. I would never condone sacrificing an innocent. There's also nothing wrong with satisfying a primal need for vengeance. This murderer is a dangerous man, he is the monster that needs to be removed from this world.

It is not a different subject. Your apparent need to kill who you think deserves to die is complicit in the deaths of innocent people on death row. You can't say they're not related when, if your outlook wasn't the prevalent one, it would never happen. Horribly botched executions wouldn't be a problem. You are literally accepting of the murder of innocents so long as you support the death penalty -- the proverbial gladiator thumbs down of the masses. I won't go the slippery slope of saying you're actually directly responsible for murder as you alone could change nothing, but the ideology you agree with is literally murderous and dangerous in all the same ways you think these people who you're rightfully killing are -- and it's not like it's out of convenience or a greater societal order, just bloodthirst, which is not a trait in you or I society should like because it is a trait you're condemning, right now.

The man was already removed from the world, or do you think he was going to waltz out of prison and kill whenever he pleased? I think he would've pulled that off before the execution. Unless now you want to wax sympathetic over other prisoners he might hurt, but we both know that'd be quite the hypocritical thing to say.

@patmcgroin

Whether or not he deserved it (which he did) he was sentenced to death by an elected official.

This has to be a joke. Something being done by an elected official doesn't make it more morally conscionable or logical or correct. Elected officials don't get to decide who lives or dies like gods among men.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

It's disturbing to believe that our society can't say "Murdering people is f*ck*d up under any circumstance" without causing controversy. Why is it so hard for humanity evolve past the "eye for an eye" law?

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: I disagree that supporting the death penalty means supporting the killing of innocents. Obviously when anyone stands behind the idea of the death penalty, it is with the thought that a guilty person is going to be executed. I know innocent men have been killed, but it doesn't change what I believe should happen to the guilty.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Dredeuced

@kcjr said:

@dredeuced: I disagree that supporting the death penalty means supporting the killing of innocents. Obviously when anyone stands behind the idea of the death penalty, it is with the thought that a guilty person is going to be executed. I know innocent men have been killed, but it doesn't change what I believe should happen to the guilty.

You are happily supporting the murder of innocents so you can kill guilty people. Being complicit in the murder of innocents is the exact behavior you would sentence someone to death for. Why is it more important that the guilty die rather than stay in prison? Why is it necessary when the latter allows innocents to stay alive on the chance they will be exonerated, like hundreds upon hundreds of life sentences have been over the years?

You can not pretend that supporting the death penalty isn't supporting the death of innocents. You know it is, you are 100% aware of the fact that innocent people are convicted of crimes at a non 0 rate. That you can't reconcile that not every guilty sentencing is correct means you are intentionally ignoring an obvious truth. You can't just waive that off as if it is unimportant. I have already posited this question to you -- what if you were falsely imprisoned and sentenced to execution? Would the system be fair, would you support it? Would your death be worth the continued killing of whoever random juries decide deserve to die, just to sate your need to kill people you don't like? Of course it wouldn't, and that is the situation you put every innocent person who has been on death row. I'm sure you can't even truly imagine it because of how screwed up a situation it would be.

Supporting the death penalty is something people should only do if they are truly ignorant of the consequences of the death penalty necessitates, if they are delusional, or if they are disturbing people who think it's fine to kill innocents so they can get kicks out of people being put to death.

If the justice system were completely perfect at determining guilt then there MIGHT be an argument (I still think it's morally wrong to give the state the power to kill based on arbitrary and changing moral values, it is a power that's been nothing but abused for ages), but it isn't.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_cain_ said:

We murder murderers to show that murdering people is bad.

Ban the death penalty.

You would rather have hundreds of murderers out there, potentially leaving prison when overpopulation becomes a problem? Sorry, but the Batman method doesn't work, not even in the comics. Yeah, jail cells keep them away from us for a time, but tombstones do it better, and without the continued cost to the rest of us who chose not to kill people.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#117  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@_cain_ said:

Ban the death penalty.

You would rather have hundreds of murderers out there, potentially leaving prison when overpopulation becomes a problem? Sorry, but the Batman method doesn't work, not even in the comics. Yeah, jail cells keep them away from us for a time, but tombstones do it better, and without the continued cost to the rest of us who chose not to kill people.

1. Murderers would be the last ones released because of prison overcrowding. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics only 7.9 % of all prisoners are there for having committed a violent crime. The % who are actually murderers is actually much lower than that. There are PLENTY of drug offenders and other non-violent offenders who would be let go long before they contemplated letting murderers go free simply to stop overcrowding.

2. It costs more in the United States to put someone to death by Death Penalty than it does to house them in prison the rest of their natural lives.

3. More innocent men have been executed in United States history, than people who have been murdered by murderers set free in regards to prison overpopulation.

4. If you realized just how easily false convictions can be handed down and how often the system gets it wrong you might think twice about your stance.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_cain_ said:

Ban the death penalty.

This is the most made up nonsense I've ever seen. The United States of America would not start suddenly letting out people convicted for life of murder and other heinous crimes because of overpopulation before they let out the hundreds of thousands of petty crimes like drug and theft charges. The sensationalist followup is amazing.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#119  Edited By Wolverine008

@kcjr said:

That's ridiculous, though. You would sacrifice the life of an innocent man or woman to seek out pointless and expensive torture and killing to suit whatever primal need you have to see humans you hate die? What if you were that innocent man, falsely imprisoned for a heinous crime and sent to death row because of a non-perfect justice system, to be tortured and killed like an animal? Would you sacrifice your life to uphold these otherwise pointless and barbaric values? Do you need human sacrifice to justify our sense of justice, like some ancient era religious offering?

It's baffling to me. When we talk about prisoners people turn off all sense of humanity we have. We treat raping men and women as a funny joke and torturing and murdering them as just when we know for a fact there are innocents caught in the crossfires, then waive it off as, "Well, he'd just spend his life in jail if we didn't kill him," as if it's our call to make whether a man should die or live in captivity, a situation none of us have found ourselves in.

It's so easy to think of criminals as less than people for folks and it truly depresses me.

No Caption Provided

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have zero sympathy for death row inmates