• 195 results
#1 Edited by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Karen Huff Klein, a bus monitor for the Greece School District in Greece, N.Y., is receiving an outpouring of support after a ten-minute video of her enduring vicious bullying while watching over students on a bus ride home was uploaded to YouTube.

WARNING: The below video contains explicit language and may be upsetting.

After the footage surfaced, Reddit user razorsheldon posted a call to arms in support of the school official who was brought to tears by the group of children.

Quote:

From Reddit:
Now, as awful as this was, there was a silver lining in not only the universal condemnation of the actions of these kids, but also in a call for support for this poor woman. Her name is Karen Klein, and if you are so compelled, please feel free to reach out to offer support. She has been a widow for 17 years, has lived in the same town she grew up in and is about to have her 50th high school reunion in the same school district, and deserves so much better than the actions shown by those in this video. Let's show her that there are still good people out there...

In the disturbing video, the children can be heard yelling at Klein, calling her an "ugly fat ass" and telling the widow, "you don't have a family because they all killed themselves because they don't want to be near you."

Now, under pressure from the local community, the Greece School District and Greece Police Department are launching investigations into the incident, telling WHEC-TV that the children involved will "face disciplinary action."

The Reddit call to arms has generated many comments showing support, including one that summarized a local radio show's admiration at Klein's lack of response. The call to arms also included an email address in case users wanted to reach out to Klein.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D171676

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l93wAqnPQwk

Somebody bring a belt and rock for these stupid kids. What the hell happened to respecting the elderly?

#2 Posted by Inverno (13034 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone needs some Catholic School education.

#3 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

Terrible thing but It does put a bit of faith back in humanity to see the response to this. No one should have to sit though that.

#4 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

Belt? Ha!

I'm bringing shotgun, some people don't deserve to live.

#5 Posted by AweSam (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

They're on Youtube, so they're pretty screwed. Hope they get what they deserve.

#6 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Deplorable behavior. I truly cannot even find the words. The audacity is downright sickening.

#7 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

They're on Youtube, so they're pretty screwed. Hope they get what they deserve.

Agreed

On my bus, kids no matter how tough or ghetto they are at school, are scared to disrespect the authority, especially on the bus, Not only could they write you up, but some authorities are willing to retaliate against you verbally.

#8 Posted by King Saturn (223718 posts) - - Show Bio
times have changed... kids are unruly and some parents are horrible at parenting as well. 
we just live in some rough times on some many levels.
#9 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

If this was playing this would have never happened!!!

#10 Posted by Unknown Soldier (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still a high school student and where I come from, nobody disrespects anyone, let alone an elderly woman! These kind of videos make me lose more and more faith in humanity every day

#11 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7082 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7494 posts) - - Show Bio

Parents don't whoop that kid enough.

#13 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

How absolutely disgusting

#14 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

How absolutely disgusting

Cmon its not a little funny. XD

#15 Posted by ragdollpurps (15571 posts) - - Show Bio

Smack the teeth out those kids mouths.

#16 Edited by _Zombie_ (10299 posts) - - Show Bio

If I was ever gonna start hitting kids, they'd be the first.

@CaioTrubat said:

Religious education wouldn't change a thing.

#17 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38: Are you talking about what those kids did? What is funny about those kids disrespecting that lady?

#18 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more offended that their insults are just stupid and repetitive. If you're going to make fun of someone, at least be funny or original. Come on.

I'm sure these kids got bullied quite a bit.

#19 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@0n1zuka said:

@utotheg38: Are you talking about what those kids did? What is funny about those kids disrespecting that lady?

Kinda

#20 Posted by Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@CaioTrubat said:

Getting hit for talking smack would sure make them keep their mouths shut, though.

#21 Posted by _Zombie_ (10299 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe: You don't need Catholic school to do that. Anybody with a decent swing or a belt can do it.

#22 Posted by Nordok (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

Disciplinary action.

What a joke. Nobody even knows what that is, anymore.

#23 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe: You don't need Catholic school to do that. Anybody with a decent swing or a belt can do it.

this

#24 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Nawh. You don't need to belt nobody. You just need to be a decent parent. I mean, I'm not a parent or anything, but f*ck, you don't need no physical violence for your kids to come up right.

#25 Posted by ARMIV2 (8271 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man, I can't wait to hear about the rectifying that's coming to these delinquent sharts. I'm not outright calling for a murder or anything though...but still...

#26 Posted by HolySerpent (12430 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha

#27 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

I'm more offended that their insults are just stupid and repetitive. If you're going to make fun of someone, at least be funny or original. Come on.

I'm sure these kids got bullied quite a bit.

That is what i was thinking, people these days just say the F word and they they are cool, and have their friends to laugh with them, kids now are not even original and just nasty.

#28 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

This made me so sad :(

#29 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

times have changed... kids are unruly and *some people that have kids* are horrible at parenting as well.
we just live in some rough times on some many levels.

Fixed it for you.

#30 Posted by Jezer (3010 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Nawh. You don't need to belt nobody. You just need to be a decent parent. I mean, I'm not a parent or anything, but f*ck, you don't need no physical violence for your kids to come up right.

Oh, so you punish them by making them stay in their room? Taking away their toys?

There's a difference between physical violence and physical discipline.

#31 Posted by Inverno (13034 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@CaioTrubat said:

Getting hit for talking smack would sure make them keep their mouths shut, though.

Exactly what I meant.

#32 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

Belt? Ha!

Capital punishment is not the answer. Just aim for the knees.

#33 Edited by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say something negative about the kids....or something upstanding like "those kids deserve a beating"

Truth is...I have done some cruel sh*t like that when I was a child.

#34 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:

@cyberninja said:

Belt? Ha!

Capital punishment is not the answer. Just aim for the knees.

Fair enough :)
#35 Posted by The Stegman (22722 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why I no longer have faith in humanity

#36 Posted by Vaeternus (9346 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, read about this...these kids seem really evil and need to be disciplined properly, maybe have her shoot some paintballs at their faces with a slingshot while being suspended for half a year, wait have a better idea. Every kid caught on tape who said those horrible things should be left back one more year. Then see them laugh.

#37 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

I would say something negative about the kids....or something upstanding like "those kids deserve a beating" Truth is...I have done some cruel sh*t like that when I was a child.

Me too man. I don't know if it was that bad, but kids can be mean.

#38 Posted by Vaeternus (9346 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, and stupid...but it's all about how one is raised.

I knew friends who had strict parents, they knew better and friends who were spoiled brats who thought they could do whatever they wanted...

I mean, kids aren't perfect obviously nobody is when I was a kid I was a prankster and did silly stuff. I never hurt anyone though with words or felt the need to pick on someone. It didn't do anything for me and even thought I was a kid, I felt bad and knew it was wrong. This was also junior high school so not for nothing but you're old enough to know better, it's not like 1st graders or something.

#39 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Parenting should be back to tough love and all those things that can discipline people. Modern "positive reinforcment" psychology is bullcrap and should have its ineffectivity exposed.

#40 Edited by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm appalled by the lack of respect some kids show these days. It makes me sick watching this. People who are like this deserve their own little corner of Hell. This is absolutely revolting.

#41 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

I don't know, If my parents didn't threaten to whoop me, I can't say I wouldn't have done less bad things. Even though I wouldn't just because of who I am, parents not using violence would give me a sense of more freedom.

But yeah this is outrageous, I mean as kids we all make fun of adults, especially the ones we don't know but we never say it to their face.

#42 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

The child didn't learn empathy very well and corporal punishment wouldn't have been the solution.

#43 Posted by _Nate_River_ (84 posts) - - Show Bio

If i were there I'd grab my death penalty and gain some exp if you know what I mean

#44 Posted by _Nate_River_ (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait....I felt sorry for her until i saw the link to donate to her...WTF?!!?

#45 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Nate_River_ said:

Yeah I see con artists taking advantage of this "donate large amounts of money to every wronged person on the internet" trend very soon.

#46 Posted by _Nate_River_ (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

@_Nate_River_ said:

Yeah I see con artists taking advantage of this "donate large amounts of money to every wronged person on the internet" trend very soon.

We've all gone through teasing im sure, but why the hell does she think she deserves money? MY hard earned money because some spoiled a$$ kids are picking on you?... Please there are people in the world who really need help...she is doing more harm than good with her little crusade... It makes everyone cynical.

#47 Edited by Nefarious (18340 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have the kids clean her house, mow her lawn, and other things. They should do that work for her all summer long. Spankings won't change these kids.  

#48 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

They should have the kids clean her house, mow her lawn, and other things. They should do that work for her all summer long. Spankings won't change these kids.

what makes you think the brats wont resort to stealing from the bus driver lady? how big is the greece school district, anyone know? the kids should be banned from using the bus for everything for good. hold them back a year, what good will that do? i do believe that the bus driver is owed apologies from the kids AND their parents/guardians, but she shouldnt be entitled to money.

#49 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ReVamp said:

I don't know, If my parents didn't threaten to whoop me, I can't say I wouldn't have done less bad things. Even though I wouldn't just because of who I am, parents not using violence would give me a sense of more freedom.

But yeah this is outrageous, I mean as kids we all make fun of adults, especially the ones we don't know but we never say it to their face.

That means they're not doing it as well as they should and/or you're "freedom" is something much SMALLER in scope than this.

#50 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer said:

@ReVamp said:

Oh, so you punish them by making them stay in their room? Taking away their toys?

There's a difference between physical violence and physical discipline.

You shouldn't have to punish them for something of this nature in the first place. If you have to, you've already f*cked it up.