• 81 results
Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Words cannot describe how hard I want to put my head against the desk right now.

Sao Paulo, Brazil: 13-year old Marcelo Eduardo Bovo Pessenghini murdered both his parents, his grandfather and aunt and proceeded to commit suicide. His father and mother were police officers, and most likely owners of the gun used by their son to kill them. This is indeed a very tragic incident but what does this have to do with video games? Before Marcelo's Facebook page was deleted, his profile pic featured Ezio Auditore da Firenze from Assassin's Creed 2.

No Caption Provided

This little fact alone was enough to send the entire Brazilian media into a uproar, declaring the game to be responsible for this crime and going back to that lovely little argument about "video games are making kids violent". In this popular news show, the journalist is holding a Assassin's Creed game and in his words "This was the game he played with. The game's title more or less translate to Assassino Convicto. This game is the new fad among the kids, a death behind another and is forbidden in many places".

This guy is inaccurate in so many ways it makes me nauseous. I could spend the entire blog post bitching andcorrecting him about the game, but that is not the point.

It's so much easier to judge a book by its cover than carrying out a criminal investigation. Who knows if the kid had a very serious personality disorder that should have been noticed earlier and treated before it was too late? He was a very disturbed individual too, according to his classmates, he always dreamed of killing his parents in their sleep and becoming a hitman for hire and he would invite his friends to do the same thing with him. He murdered his family at night then went to school in the following morning before returning home and taking his own life. This implies some early signs of psychopathy, but it can't be said for certain. The police is still carrying out the investigation while the media circus continue here.

My sincerest condolences for the family's friends and surviving relatives.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MonsterStomp

Wow!

Marcelo Eduardo Bovo Pessenghini is a huge name...

Also, they brought "Video games are making kids violent" argument back because a 13 year old boy was playing a 15+ year old game?

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, just what we need... let's place another scapegoat so we can't blame people for what they do. Lovely.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow!

Marcelo Eduardo Bovo Pessenghini is a huge name...

Also, they brought "Video games are making kids violent" argument back because a 13 year old boy was playing a 15+ year old game?

Yeah Brazilian names are long like that :P

And lets face it, Assassin's Creed isn't exactly the game a kid this young should be playing either.

Great, just what we need... let's place another scapegoat so we can't blame people for what they do. Lovely.

Don't you love when that happens? I wonder if what would happen if he had as Sonic avatar in his Facebook. Would they persecute Sonic the Hedgehog the same way too?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

People should take into consideration that he might have found a liking to the character after he had that mentalitiy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: We're talking about the game getting blamed because no one ever blames the kid or the family or whoever does whatever. They always place the blame on something else so they don't have to deal with humans being at fault.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By nefarious

Here we go again. Another stupid kid commits murder and videogames are at the center of the blame game. Also, one of my favorite games of all time is to blame. Great!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: It's already happened and there's no fixing it. Sure, it's terrible that it happened, but you should actually deal with the problem instead of attacking some game. That's the point, focus more on the problem and why it happened instead of just saying "You know what, it's the games fault. Case closed. Let's go out for lunch."

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's be honest: The only reason the game is being blamed is because he's a kid.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hilarious. Instead of focusing on the tragic catastrophe in front of them, they point their fingers at a game.

Yea, don't pay any attention to the obviously mentally unstable teenager, or the fact that he murdered his family. No, look at a video game.....

-10 faith in humanity, rest in peace family (teen excluding).

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MonsterStomp

@theacidskull: This is most likely "in other news" type scenario.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That kid was obviously f*cked up in the head. Millions of people play Assassin's Creed, explain why there isn't a mass murder pandemic.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That kid was obviously f*cked up in the head. Millions of people play Assassin's Creed, explain why there isn't a mass murder pandemic.

Something the pacifists failed to think about.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good thing MasterJohn isn't here.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@immortalone said:

I think your using the term pacifist in the wrong context here

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MonsterStomp

@monsterstomp said:

@immortalone said:

I think your using the term pacifist in the wrong context here

Ssh! No one knows!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate it when politicians or stubborn old people or goody good people place the blame on videogames. If they want to ban it and blame, then why not just ban and place the blame on every little thing. They won't look at the real problems, so they gotta ruin it for other peeps. You know what just ban high senator and rep salaries while you're at it, along with fatty foods, guns, cigarettes, pills, wars without purpose and people like ME who see this stupidity...*COUGH*.....sorry for the rant.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was playing AC: Revelations when I heard it on TV, I felt (Kind of) offended, actually. >_>

I have yet to see Ezio kill random people just for the sake of it.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lunact_and_manic said:

@monsterstomp said:

@the_lunact_and_manic: Well he can kill guards for the sake of it.

But guards are evil, they don't count :P

They're just doing their jobs! Jesus! XD

That's...true..but hey..they mocked an assassin..but..you can't just kill everyone who mocks you..unless you are Ezio..but that's wrong anyways..

Forget it, Ezio should go to jail.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@monsterstomp said:

@the_lunact_and_manic: Well he can kill guards for the sake of it.

But guards are evil, they don't count :P

They're just doing their jobs! Jesus! XD

That's...true..but hey..they mocked an assassin..but..you can't just kill everyone who mocks you..unless you are Ezio..but that's wrong anyways..

Forget it, Ezio should go to jail.

I could just imagine Ezio walking the streets, approaching his target and then a guard calls him out in an offensive way, Ezio just drops his sh*t and kills the guard, meanwhile his target gets away. Lol.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I was playing AC: Revelations when I heard it on TV, I felt (Kind of) offended, actually. >_>

You can make Ezio kill citizens but it warns you that Ezio didn't kill civilians and if you kill 3 innocents, the game desynchronizes you and you go back to the last checkpoint.

On topic, this is a terrible tragedy that should not be overlooked by the ridiculous game controversy which evidently isn't responsible for the kid's behaviour. May the family rest in peace.

The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

You can make Ezio kill citizens but it warns you that Ezio didn't kill civilians and if you kill 3 innocents, the game desynchronizes you and you go back to the last checkpoint.

On topic, this is a terrible tragedy that should not be overlooked by the ridiculous game controversy which evidently isn't responsible for the kid's behaviour. May the family rest in peace.

Just because you can it doesn't mean you should e.e

EDIT: I just posted this 3 times without clicking post...what the hell comic vine?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

@lvenger said:

Just because you can it doesn't mean you should e.e

EDIT: I just posted this 3 times without clicking post...what the hell comic vine?

I got 3 messages from you. It does that sometimes.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

Oh great, one of these nuts. Can't people just understand that there really is evil in this world, and video games didn't spawn it? Especially not a fantasy game like Assasin's Creed?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't a kid die "because of Naruto"?

It's so easy them to label these things as bad for kids. I've been playing violent games from I was 6 and I don't think about killing people.... much. I won't even attempt it or let it stay in my mind for that long. They just deny that these people have mental issues.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm sure there's alot of blame to go around here. The kid is in a stage of his life that WE ALL remember being a weird and difficult time for us. We don't know how life is living where the kid lived. His parents beig both police officers could have had an impact since his parents could have spend a lot of time away from the house. Could the video game had a impact? Sure but there's more important variables that could have affected this kids mind.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that the game did have an impact. Is the game fully or even largely responsible? No. But it could have been the straw that broke the camels back. it definitely had an influence on him. He may have imagined himself being the character when he did it. Even fantasy violence is still violence. Most parents would never allow their child to watch a video game involving x-rated sex. But they have little problem with violent scenes.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's up with brazil in general?

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So like before video games were invented, was there like no crime or something?

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh great, one of these nuts. Can't people just understand that there really is evil in this world, and video games didn't spawn it? Especially not a fantasy game like Assasin's Creed?

yeah. there was violence in the world before video games even existed. Video games don't kill people. people kill people. :|

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#37  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent

"I would not have drawn attention to us. I would not have taken the life of an innocent."
―Malik Al-Sayf at Solomon's Temple.

The goal of the Assassins was to ensure peace in all things. The Assassins believed that political assassinations and the death of the corrupt would bring peace and a true sense of security to the common people. Slaying innocents and civilian bystanders who did not need to die could spread strife and discord, in addition to ruining the name of the Assassin Order itself.

- from The Assassin's Creed Wiki

So in actuality, the games tell you NOT to kill innocent people.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt said:

So like before video games were invented, was there like no crime or something?

Of course, video games are root of all violent crimes in the world /sarcasm

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Criminal psychologists must be on short supply over in Brazil :l

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, first MK, then Quake and Doom, then GTA...now Assassins Creed..

Seriously, I think temporary insanity plea would do them more credit then blaming a video game...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A 13 year old kid is being allowed to play a 15+ game

Is said to have mental issues that for some reason are not being addressed

Has ACCESS to a loaded firearm in his own house

And was disturbed enough to want to take the lives of HIS OWN family

Nice going, Ezio, this is all your fault!

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time I checked Ezio died happy with his family close by, he didn't commit suicide. Assassins Creed has nothing to do with what this kid did.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By jointron33

Stupid ass people like this deserve to die and burn in hell. Jesus don't want their dumb asses.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, Assassin's Creed 2 is a new fad among kids? It was pretty popular when it came out, but now? Did Brazil just get the game? But anyway, that guy needs to play the game. Ezio loved him family and was destroyed by their execution. The game even will fail you if you kill three civilians because "Ezio didn't kill civilians." It's tragic what happened, but blaming the game is ridiculous.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dabee said:

Wait, Assassin's Creed 2 is a new fad among kids? It was pretty popular when it came out, but now? Did Brazil just get the game? But anyway, that guy needs to play the game. Ezio loved him family and was destroyed by their execution. The game even will fail you if you kill three civilians because "Ezio didn't kill civilians." It's tragic what happened, but blaming the game is ridiculous.

It's the same argument people use with guns; for some reason our society would rather blame an object used by the person as the reason behind the crime rather than blame the person themselves who is truly responsible.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@dabee said:

You can count the journalist above is pretty outdated and is jumping into conclusions. As far as he is concerned, its nothing more than a simulator with no story that lets you kill as many people as you wish. That is cause he is a sensationalist hack.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Blame the game, blame the music, blame the comic, blame the novel, blame the movie, blame everything except the murderer.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Blame the game, blame the music, blame the comic, blame the novel, blame the movie, blame everything except the murderer.

And sadly, that's what they do.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@dabee said:

You can count the journalist above is pretty outdated and is jumping into conclusions. As far as he is concerned, its nothing more than a simulator with no story that lets you kill as many people as you wish. That is cause he is a sensationalist hack.

That's pretty much how most adult reporters think of video games, whether it's CNN, Fox News, or any news station, if it has anything to go with killing or simply turning on an Xbox of PlayStation it's instantly evil. People need to get with the times.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

“Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.” - Shigeru Miyamoto