Kendrick Lamar vs Drake: We all know it's coming

• 57 results
Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Kendrick Lamar vs Drake: We all know it's coming (37 votes)

K Dot 76%
Drizzy 11%
Too close to call. 14%

So for those of you who have seen Drake's response to the "Control" verse and Kendrick's response to that on the Cypher.

So in a battle of two emcee's who are listed among today's greatest who do you all think would win?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drake ain't about that life.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_ said:

He seems like he's trying to get about.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3 vance_astro  Moderator

Kendrick.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kgb725

Drake. Is already at the top with Jay & Ye. The more appropriate poll would've been Meek mill instead of Kendrick because they both dissed each other recently

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Drake. Is already at the top with Jay & Ye. The more appropriate poll would've been Meek mill instead of Kendrick because they both dissed each other recently

Did you not hear the cypher? and Meek mill isn't on K.Dot's level at all. What kinda numbers he making?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

More than likely Kendrick Lamar...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vance_astro  Moderator

@kgb725 said:

I think you're grossly overestimating him. 3 average albums, no classics..doesn't put you up there with Hov & Ye. Kendrick is way better than Meek, that's not even a fair comparison.

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By HeckTate

Are you talking in terms of popularity or actual talent? Because Drake sucks as a rapper, he uses cliche rhymes, has the speed of a sloth on oxycodone, and the only emotion he puts into anything is emo-type BS when he's already immensely famous with little effort. It's like Gwen Stefani singing "If I was a Rich Girl" . . . You are rich, stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something actually worth listening to instead of wh0ring yourself out or pitying yourself for how much you have to whor3 yourself out on every track.

Drake can sell millions more albums, but he's still just another overrated kid spitting the same shi!t every album, making money for the record companies. While we're on it, if your "associated acts" are Birdman, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, etc, you need to seriously re-think your career as a rapper.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@kgb725 said:

I think you're grossly overestimating him. 3 average albums, no classics..doesn't put you up there with Hov & Ye. Kendrick is way better than Meek, that's not even a fair comparison.

I wouldn't even say it's a real conversation.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KnightRise

Drake would have no hope. Mostly because he can't stick to the topic. Even his "love" songs on NWtS slip into him talking about being chart-topping and rich (and even selling/cooking crack, something he's NEVER done!! >.<). I guarantee if he made a diss track it would have a few bars that are actually disses, and the rest would be him talking about "all my people wit me", "its haters because of my success", "pouring bottles while the rest of you n*ggas...".

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@knightrise said:

Drake would have no hope. Mostly because he can't stick to the topic. Even his "love" songs on NWtS slip into him talking about being chart-topping and rich (and even selling/cooking crack, something he's NEVER done!! >.<). I guarantee if he made a diss track it would have a few bars that are actually disses, and the rest would be him talking about "all my people wit me", "its haters because of my success", "pouring bottles while the rest of you n*ggas...".

He made a song called "Wu-Tang Forever" that was a love song and pretty much didn't have anything to do with Wu-Tang. I'm with you on "sticking to the topic".

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise said:

He made a song called "Wu-Tang Forever" that was a love song and pretty much didn't have anything to do with Wu-Tang. I'm with you on "sticking to the topic".

As a big fan of the Wu-Tang Clan, that annoyed me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drake has some good songs, but Mr. Lamar has more talent.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I. THis is near a damn spite tHread.

II. Drake is not respected as a MC.

III. This is Kendrick's year. Everyone or most have jumped on the K.Dot Van wagon. Kendrick is quite lyrically inclined.

IV. K. will get the majority votes easily.

V. MetH personally believes it could be a good battle. Drake can surprise people.

VI. To add this point, NaS - Ether is highly regarded as the greatest distrack ever. However, as Vance pointed out it isn't a lyrical masterpiece.

VII. Drake does not need his distrack to be a lyrical masterpiece per say to not be a solid distrack.

VIII. One diss Drake can rebuttal from Kendrick would be his, "your career aint $#!% if it don't got some Kendrick on it." Drake can be like, "what you talking bout careers? You know your album aint $#!% if I'm not on a single. Let's just keep that totally clear. You need a hit, you call on me, yes its that simple."

Or something.

IX. MetH thinks this could be a dope battle or it would be like everyone thinks it is... a landslide.

WesWesWEsWESwesWeS

imback

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@m3th: I think you made some good points. But it maybe noted that Drake has been accused of swiping lines from many rappers from TO so you may not wanna write bars for him, if he is indeed lurking on this forum or googling his name.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By frogdog

@m3th: I think you made some good points. But it maybe noted that Drake has been accused of swiping lines from many rappers from TO so you may not wanna write bars for him, if he is indeed lurking on this forum or googling his name.

To be fair, everybody from young money is known for that.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@nelomaxwell said:

To be fair, everybody from young money is known for that.

This is true.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By M3th

@nelomaxwell: If Drake actually takes my weak rhymes, it would be a huge compliment for me.th

II. Which rhymes has Drake been accused from taking from someone else?

III. Xxl magazine has a consistent segment on their magazine where they point out rappers which have borrowed someone else lines. They even show both lines. Some are extremely obvious, some are like, whoa I never knew, and some look like they are just paying "homage."

June'sVeryOwn isBack

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th said:

@nelomaxwell: If Drake actually takes my weak rhymes, it would be a huge compliment for me.th

II. Which rhymes has Drake been accused from taking from someone else?

III. Xxl magazine has a consistent segment on their magazine where they point out rappers which have borrowed someone else lines. They even show both lines. Some are extremely obvious, some are like, whoa I never knew, and some look like they are just paying "homage."

June'sVeryOwn isBack

Loading Video...

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of Drake hate going on in here.@_@

Personally I think Kendrick is the better lyricist. His flow gives a raw vibe that obviously made in impact on Hip Hop. What's most impressive is the fact that he demand and achieved respect from a lot of the higher ups all while baiting rappers of our generation to step their game up. I can see why he appeals to so many, especially those from the same upbringing.

That being said, I think Drake is the better artist. He has more of an appeal to him which garner him the huge fan base that he has and he's also highly respected by some of the higher ups. His music production choice speaks for itself. He's more versatile being vocalist and has honesty done more with his four year career than most rappers both past and present. Most people tend to listen to the singles without actually exploring the album and finding hidden gems like The Ride, The Resistance, Lust for Life and Houstalantavegas. Drake has got it and it clearly shows, but that's not to say he is better nor worse than Kendrick. It's simply a matter of opinion like most debates like these.

Also to say that anything out today can be considered a classic is asinine. Music has become so fad based that no song today will be remembered in the same fashion as actual classics. There is not one artist out today, Drake and Kendrick included,that have made music people will still be listening to 20 years from now.

ntb101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@kgb725 said:

Wait what? I like Drizzy I really do, but he's not touching Hov or Yeezy.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think drake is more of a pop rapper5 like ja rule was when became big, but kendrick is a beast in his rhymes he just makes me think about stuff. when i listen to drake i know what to expect, kendrick is just raw as a rapper like nas when he was battling jay-z.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

B.o.B would win

Loading Video...

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

child plz

Drake as a singer. i drink a few put on his music, think about a special lost love and cry myself to sleep

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By russellmania77
No Caption Provided

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

child plz

Drake as a singer. i drink a few put on his music, think about a special lost love and cry myself to sleep

Don't Drake and drive.

No Caption Provided

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By ReVamp

@_slim_ said:

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: @dccomicsrule2011: @nelomaxwell:

NELO:

NELO: I. If that's the only evidence then its weak.

II. If it is true then good. I always hates his verse on that song. Good to know he didn't come up with that crap. The verses sounded "forced" as hell. The melody was corny and he literally made a DISNEY RAP. Terrible.

III. I do find it more believable for Drake to take my weak rhymes which will still be a compliment.

RULE211: I think he means big as Ye and Jay as in he gets constant radio play like they do and sell out shows like they do. I don't think he means full body career vs full body career. I think it's more like on the current climate they match.

RODDY: I still believe Drake's "Marvin's Room" will still be played in 10 years. I still think Kendricks "Good Kid M.A.A.D. City" will be listened to in 10 years. 20 is a lot harder to say though. I feel like in 5 years I can tell you.

I think there are a lot of classics but only a few iconic classics.

June'sVeryOwn ABstract4$$#073

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@m3th: Apparently it was confirmed by others. Also Big Sean has accused Drake of stealing his flow.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: @nelomaxwell: @laflux:

FLUX: The actual Wu Tang Clan appreciated it. Raekwon told his fans to not be mad about it.

NELO: Yeah, I remember that. It was pretty funny. Luda, dissing both of em was a dope track.

VANCE: One cannot call a album/movie/et cetera a classic until 10 years have passed, minimum of 10 years. I disliked that so many people called GK M.A.A.D. C a classic when it barely came out. The correct thing to say IMHO is possible classic.

I mean 50's Get Rich […] can finally be called a classic. Game just needs 2 years for The Doc. to be officially a classic.

EVERYONE:

Drake mentions Wu Tang on his "Wu Tang Forever" which would not be the first time a artist titles their record with a Abstract name or a name that has little correlation with the song.

Kendrick's "LOOK OUT FOR DETOX", what was that record about?

Second the chorus is about eternal love which is what the term/phrase "Wu Tang forever" is about, what it stands for.

Wu tang, forever = Eternal Love.

Third my mistake the chorus/bridge actually says, "young ****a came threw on his Wu tang."

Recap the chorus or bridge actually says Wu tang. The chorus is about eternal love which is in correlation with the phrase Wu Tang Forever and artist have a history of making abstract titles for some of their work.

IMHO Drake's "Wu Tang Forever" is not a big deal.

June'sVeryOwn ABstract4$$#073

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GrenadeFlow

Drake has really improved lyrically

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Veshark

Y'all know Drizzy got them dope diss bars forreal:

You dont waaaant tooo No you dont waaaaaaaaaant toooowooohooo Get these nigg*s maaaaaaaaa yah haaaaa yahaaad Cuz if we come to your hood.... ............that wont be no good Yall nigg*s gon leave in baaaah aaaaaah ahhyaaaaaahgs

Awwwhh.

Ni99as dont kno my past jus the minimal facts

I seen my share of these underworld criminal acts

Yeahh..........Bwoy I was Tony in my citaaay

I was eatin Frosted Flakes, cuz ni99a I dont FCK wit dem Wheatays.....

Yall assume my childhood amounted to riches

But with daddy gone I was raised n surrounded by bitches

Mommy almost lost our estate thru some bad investments

Almost had to drop out of ice skatin n tennis lessons...awww

Yall dont kno my struggles...how we got ridiculed

When we couldnt afford a new divin board for our swimmin pool

Friends turned they backs....I didnt need those fools

Wore the same yarmulke errytime to Hebrew school...

Man.....yall think Drizzy had it hunky dory

Mines was a fairy tale............but a bumpy story

But these fckbwoys try n test my G-code

Thain never had to see they moms yacht get repoed

Trust me............yall dont want it wit young MOBBrey

Yall ni99as think that Im sore bout it.... massage me

I dont hide behind ni99as........they stand beside me

Unless its a potential threat to me......like a robbery

But if ni99as wanna fight.......they deserve the reward

I aint scared................what you think my security for?

What you think all my goons gon do to you bwoy?

Make ni99as start a war over me.......Helen of Troy.

Credit to Big Ghost

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Kendrick Lamar easily

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 vance_astro  Moderator

@m3th said:

VANCE: One cannot call a album/movie/et cetera a classic until 10 years have passed, minimum of 10 years. I disliked that so many people called GK M.A.A.D. C a classic when it barely came out. The correct thing to say IMHO is possible classic.

That's your criteria. Classic is a quality standard by definition, time doesn't have anything to do with it. Drake doesn't have any classics and none of his albums should be called that in 10 years, his albums are "just alright", that's the reality now and his first 3 albums won't be considered any better in years to come. Good Kid M.A.A.D. City IS a classic, it's meets the standard of quality that was set by those who made classic albums before Kendrick.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 vance_astro  Moderator
@m3th said:

FLUX: The actual Wu Tang Clan appreciated it. Raekwon told his fans to not be mad about it.

Inspectah Deck didn't. He said the song shouldn't be called "Wu-Tang Forever" because it's not a tribute nor does it have anything to do with them.

@m3th said:

EVERYONE:

Drake mentions Wu Tang on his "Wu Tang Forever" which would not be the first time a artist titles their record with a Abstract name or a name that has little correlation with the song.

Second the chorus is about eternal love which is what the term/phrase "Wu Tang forever" is about, what it stands for.

Wu tang, forever = Eternal Love.

Third my mistake the chorus/bridge actually says, "young ****a came threw on his Wu tang."

Recap the chorus or bridge actually says Wu tang. The chorus is about eternal love which is in correlation with the phrase Wu Tang Forever and artist have a history of making abstract titles for some of their work.

IMHO Drake's "Wu Tang Forever" is not a big deal.

I was just using it to make a point. The second I heard him singing "It's Yourz" I almost turned the song off. What type of clown uses the Wu's name for a love song? I'm a Drake fan but some of the stuff he does bothers me..Also you didn't have to break the point of the song down to me I got it, it still doesn't really have anything to do with the group.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By M3th

@vance_astro: I can't believe Deck said that. I guess the rumors of the rift in the clan are more true than I expected.

I have to ask, who is the one to decide what is the quality standard of a classic?

Lastly the song isn't called Wu Tang Clan so it isn't suppose to be about the group. The title is like a metaphor for eternal love which is what the majority of the song is about. However, I fear it may be pointless to continue on with the discussion about the song title.

I want to know what is Kendrick's "LOOK OUT FOR DETOX" about, besides the idea that at that time, 2010, there were rumors of Kendrick signing/working with Dr. Dre. I mean besides that, what does "LOOK OUT FOR DETOX" have to do with the actual title? Kendrick never mentions Detox on this record. Kendrick doesn't use a Dr. Dre beat and he doesn't mention anything related to Dre, Detox, or Aftermath.

EDIT:

Forgot side point, even Kendrick said GKMC isn't a classic... yet.

-ABstract4$$#073-

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I'd root for Drake... No LIE! Why? He's clearly the underdog. I see no reason why anyone would want any two MC's to battle if it's going to be a landslide. Unless you hate the other MC and want to see them get destroyed which is kind of petty to me... just being brutally honest.

I personally think Drake can surprise some people. I'm actually a bigger fan of Kendrick than I am of Drake. I have seen Kendrick perform 7 times now, and I'm still down to go see him. I've seen Drake perform once. I went to Compton when K-Dot's album finally came in stores and waited 7 hours so Kendrick could sign it.

I bought Drake's Take Care because it was on sale for 5 bucks. Again, I am a way bigger fan of Kendrick than I am of Drakes but Imma root for Drake just because he is the clear underdog.

II. I find it crazy how people really despise and dislike artist so much. I mean I'm not a fan of Cam'Ron, Fat Joe, Gucci Mane, Trae the Truth, Currency, Wiz Khalifa, and I just don't care for them that's it. I'm not like... Gucci Mane is garbage, or Cam'Ron is the worse, Trae the Truth can't rap, or whatever. I just don't care.

To each their own I guess.

( +)

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what is about Aubrey, but just discussing this fool makes dudes get all in they feelings.

lol

nobodyisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kendrick's music is more personal. I like him more.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kendrick would lyrically tear Drake a new arse hole

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@m3th said:

@vance_astro: I can't believe Deck said that. I guess the rumors of the rift in the clan are more true than I expected.

I have to ask, who is the one to decide what is the quality standard of a classic?

Lastly the song isn't called Wu Tang Clan so it isn't suppose to be about the group. The title is like a metaphor for eternal love which is what the majority of the song is about. However, I fear it may be pointless to continue on with the discussion about the song title.

I want to know what is Kendrick's "LOOK OUT FOR DETOX" about, besides the idea that at that time, 2010, there were rumors of Kendrick signing/working with Dr. Dre. I mean besides that, what does "LOOK OUT FOR DETOX" have to do with the actual title? Kendrick never mentions Detox on this record. Kendrick doesn't use a Dr. Dre beat and he doesn't mention anything related to Dre, Detox, or Aftermath.

EDIT:

Forgot side point, even Kendrick said GKMC isn't a classic... yet.

-ABstract4$$#073-

I can believe Deck said that. He's a man, a human, he has his own opinion. There isn't a "rift" in the Wu, because they have different opinions. The song isn't what he expected and that's why he didn't like it. He expected it to be a tribute to the group or to atleast sound like a Wu record.

I decide what the quality standard is for a classic because I'm the listener. The people who have picked what albums are classic are people who are qualified to speak about rap music..music critics,radio personalities,hip-hop magazines,hip-hop blogs etc. but they are listeners just like we are and just because they have jobs that involve the genre doesn't mean they know any more about the music then I do. Anything that involves music or any form of entertainment is all based on educated opinions, nothing is set in stone. There are albums that are considered "classics" that I think are frisbees. It's like when Magazines make those "hottest woman in the world" or "sexiest woman in the world" lists, they set their own standard of beauty for those lists but that doesn't mean I have to follow it. It's their opinion.

Kendrick's look out for Detox is about Kendrick being the "god MC" but it was recorded as a promo for the actual Detox album.

GKMC is a classic to me and I don't have to wait 10 years to say so.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By M3th

@vance_astro: I got caught up with

imagination. I felt like Deck said he hated it but I reread your original post and it says nothing about Deck hating the song. It only says he didn't (appreciate it). At first I found it hard to believe he would hate the track but now I see the word "hate" was never mentioned.

June'sVeryOwn

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By frogdog

@veshark said:

Y'all know Drizzy got them dope diss bars forreal:

You dont waaaant tooo No you dont waaaaaaaaaant toooowooohooo Get these nigg*s maaaaaaaaa yah haaaaa yahaaad Cuz if we come to your hood.... ............that wont be no good Yall nigg*s gon leave in baaaah aaaaaah ahhyaaaaaahgs

Awwwhh.

Ni99as dont kno my past jus the minimal facts

I seen my share of these underworld criminal acts

Yeahh..........Bwoy I was Tony in my citaaay

I was eatin Frosted Flakes, cuz ni99a I dont FCK wit dem Wheatays.....

Yall assume my childhood amounted to riches

But with daddy gone I was raised n surrounded by bitches

Mommy almost lost our estate thru some bad investments

Almost had to drop out of ice skatin n tennis lessons...awww

Yall dont kno my struggles...how we got ridiculed

When we couldnt afford a new divin board for our swimmin pool

Friends turned they backs....I didnt need those fools

Wore the same yarmulke errytime to Hebrew school...

Man.....yall think Drizzy had it hunky dory

Mines was a fairy tale............but a bumpy story

But these fckbwoys try n test my G-code

Thain never had to see they moms yacht get repoed

Trust me............yall dont want it wit young MOBBrey

Yall ni99as think that Im sore bout it.... massage me

I dont hide behind ni99as........they stand beside me

Unless its a potential threat to me......like a robbery

But if ni99as wanna fight.......they deserve the reward

I aint scared................what you think my security for?

What you think all my goons gon do to you bwoy?

Make ni99as start a war over me.......Helen of Troy.

Credit to Big Ghost

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Not a huge fan of either personally, but I think Lamar is much better than Drake. That "YOLO" song is the worst f**king thing I ever heard in my life. God damn slacker anthem. Personal preference aside, Lamar is just much more lyrically sound.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By laflux

No, I'm just going to listen to Truimph by Wu Tang Clan to wash my ears of Wu Tang Forever.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_ said:

I don't know what is about Aubrey, but just discussing this fool makes dudes get all in they feelings.

lol

Lmao