pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@kgb725 said:

@pooty: he said he wasn't dissing in the song this is not like the old 50

It's not what you say but how you say it. Kendrick knows it doesn't take much to make rappers feel offended. The responses from other rappers tells how they interpreted the lyric

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really tried. I really, really did but yeah, I can't generate any interest in this. Not knocking hip-hop but if this is what gets everyone jumping then it comes across disingenuous.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: @the_stegman: @novi_homines: I don't really use my twitter so IDGAFY. Lupe merc that beat till it turned Raw.

@Stegg I say it's human nature. I aint mad at Lu. He'll have to deal with his own consequence like we all do.

@Pooty- I'd say he is arguably the King of Hip Hop right now. I believe there is no denying that this is Kendrick's year.

I am bias though. I live in CA and all I hear is K.Dot! Reminds me of when Game first came out. I heard Game everyday.

I wonder if AB, or Q will get the same amount of love.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideypresence: Honestly I only caught The Jay-Z diss/part. I only feel like I can believe the KanYe part and maybe Drake. Everyone else I'd say is over analyzing. IMHO.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th: I don't really keep up with Hip Hop so what makes Kendrick the King? I thought that was Jay Z or Nas or even Eminem.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Mega_spidey01

lupe fiasco is a beast on that song slr 2. he is underrated and one of my favorite rappers.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@lykopis: Why?

It just comes across as petty. It's one thing to take it in stride and be clever in responding, but if this is supposed to be some kind of "battle" -- it feels forced. Either make it real or don't. Just me though, I don't know enough of Hip Hop to be fair in my opinion.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I responded yesterday but I guess it didn't go through or something.

It was fairly long and I'm too lazy to recite it word for word.

For me being the King of Hip Hop is being the most popular, being acknowledged my other top MC's, and I feel it shouldn't be set in stone.

NaS said something similar on a song "King of the town, Yeah I been that."

I had a long night. sorry

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Now to get Hopsin to team up with Kendrick and let's see them cream up the horrible rappers nowadays! Or..at the very least make them better (doubt it).

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@jnr6lil said:

It just comes across as petty. It's one thing to take it in stride and be clever in responding, but if this is supposed to be some kind of "battle" -- it feels forced. Either make it real or don't. Just me though, I don't know enough of Hip Hop to be fair in my opinion.

It's not a call out, it's telling artists to step up their output of material.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By lykopis

@jnr6lil said:

@lykopis said:

@jnr6lil said:

It's not a call out, it's telling artists to step up their output of material.

Well then, in that case it's good. Consider me enlightened (thank you.) :)

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SpideyPresence

@m3th said:

@spideypresence: Honestly I only caught The Jay-Z diss/part. I only feel like I can believe the KanYe part and maybe Drake. Everyone else I'd say is over analyzing. IMHO.

Fair enough but I feel as if the two chainz flow is clearly there at 2:20 haha. I can see how you could be on the fence on the others though.

On a side note any thoughts on cassidy's response

Loading Video...

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Oh, there's a thread for this?

My thoughts: Every rapper that's dissing missed the point, the correct response to the situation should have been along the lines of Pusha and Mac Miller. Rappers need to step their game up, not beef, that's the whole point. Except if they're like f*ck you, you're not the King of New York, that's pretty warranted.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Bogey
Loading Video...

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revamp: @spideypresence: Honestly for me it was pretty light. I didn't hear him spit anything crazy, over the top, or even a OMG-did-he-just-say-that line.

All I took from his response is I'm Ill, y'all suck, Kendrick you're a d*ckhead.

Joell was like "even the elite can get it... why didn't you mention me or slaughterhouse? you scared?" .... Lu was like "you will reflect me you aint NaS or Jay fool."

@Vamp- I see you're point but I love some of the responses but now it's kind of corny. Why are Ransom and Mysonne responding? They don't have albums in.stores. Why is Bizarre responding?

I liked Kendricks verse because he made a.bold claim like "I'm trying to take your core fans."

Lupe, and Joell were like please don't get ahead of your self kiddo. It was fun. Well at least for me. Now it's like every underground artist wants to "respond" to get some attention.

No_Trolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th: lol did you listen to what bizarre had to say?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

What i want to know why did papoose respond to lyrics. He wasnt even in it

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By M3th

I haven't listened to Bizarres response. I plan to... I'm trying to catch up with all these underground MC's response.

A lot of doode's spitting is on point but again, I view them as solely responding for attention.

I think only people like Lupe, Papoose, and Joell should respond they have album's in stores and are still fairly relevant in the game.

What I took away from the original song was K. was saying all you mainstream/artists with a deal and releasing material I'm trying to take your core fans.

Most of the underground doodes got bars but they need to make more DOPE songs. Not a cold beat with Bars on top of bars with a repetitive chorus.

PS I just heard Mickey Factz "response" he had some clever lines. Astro had a Dope "response" too. Grafh was DOPE but light. Mysonne was on point but again... why? At the moment I can't remember how good was Papoose response.

I just re-listened to K.'s Monster Freestyle. I totally forgot all the $#!% he talked and I totally missed the name drops.

I guess I was barely listening the first time. I'm not a huge fan of freestyles when I'm discovering a "new" artist.

EDIT: I just listened to Bizarres.... I have nothing to say.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lupe slowly fains towards irrelevancy commercial wise, and Joell/Papoose are nobodies to the mainstream.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By M3th

Joell is One QUARTER OF THE SLAUGHTER. I highly doubt he's irrelevant and Lupe is still performing at award shows plus being nominated. He may not be a Drake, KanYe, or Kendrick but he's definitely not irrelevant.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biggie's the King of NY, Jayz not even close...anyway Love Budden's response and Cassidy and Ortiz's but Papoose sounds like a pissed off lityle school girl in his rezponse

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone notice how he got Nas and Jay-Z out of the way early in the song by essentially hall-of-faming them along with himself? Some one doesn't want it with Hov and the Godson.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By M3th

@nelomaxwell: @redbird3rdboywonder:

At Red- I liked Joey's response but like he said it was light.

Lupe's 2nd response is solid but I'm just not feeling it as much as the 1st one.

At Nelo- thats why I love Lupe's SLR 2. He's like "look at the lil baby, ***** you ain't NaS ****** You ain't Jay-Z."

Anyone heard else

A$VP's response yet?

I vote that this thread be moved to the Official Hip Hop thread once it dies.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th:

I think the Hip Hop thread died. I can't find it.

A$AP's response won't be worth listening to IMO, He's mediocre at best.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th said:

Joell is One QUARTER OF THE SLAUGHTER. I highly doubt he's irrelevant and Lupe is still performing at award shows plus being nominated. He may not be a Drake, KanYe, or Kendrick but he's definitely not irrelevant.

Haven't seen him perform at major awards shows and his album sales have taken a dip

The Slaughterhouse are underground, they're still general nobodies.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

U dislike the terms Underground, Mainstream, Real, and Fake. I find them so annoying and used incorrectly.

SlaughterHouse are signed to a major label. They are not underground. They were on on the cover of XXL. Mackelmoore is underground he isn't signed to a major label.

2: Lupe performed on one MTV Awards show. I remember it was the one in Britain.

Plus, Lupe has always had "low sales." He's never gone platinum and rarely goes gold.

Slaughterhouse may still be "general nobodies" but they are not underground anymore.

Hip Hop is so fickle. They want to call OUR HOUSE a mainstream album but label House Gang underground. How does that work?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can really call Shady a mainstream label...

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time I checked it was Shady, Inerscope but okay.

I could of swore I saw that Lupe performed in 2012 but all I can find are his performances in 2011.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

A rapper claiming he's better than everyone else happens every month. Why's this special?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

A rapper claiming he's better than everyone else happens every month. Why's this special?

Cause he's named names. One of the people he called out was on the song with him.