k4tzm4n and YNCG Present : Wreck-It Ralph (Review)

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

YourNeighborhoodComicGeek and k4tzm4n present....

Wreck-It Ralph

No Caption Provided

Plot/Storyline

k4tzm4n

"Wreck-It Ralph's story is incredibly heartfelt. It's all about the constant struggle to fit in and feel appreciated. The relationship with Vanellope was surprisingly emotional as well. The plot doesn't pull any major twists or turns and is fairly predictably, but it's executed astonishingly well and is quite moving."

"I actually enjoyed the plot a lot. It was very well developed and extremely clever. Ralph's story was interesting, and the movie never failed to disappoint. The entire movie is full of awesome cameos, hilarious jokes, and magnificent action. The entire plot is done well, despite it not having a complicated story. In fact, I actually believed King Candy on his lie with Ralph, but I won't go into detail since I don't want to spoil anything."

Plot/Storyline gets a....

Casting

k4tzm4n

"I honestly have no complaints here. John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch and Alan Tudyk all did an excellent job voice acting and bringing the characters to life. High five to the casting agents."

"I think everyone did a very good job, especially John C. Reilly. However, everyone else did a fantastic job as well, and was believable every second. They really did a fine job in portraying these unique characters."

Casting gets a...

Character Development

k4tzm4n

"Superb job here, especially for an animated movie geared towards all audiences. Like I said before, it's surprisingly emotional and the bond between Ralph & Vanellope is fantastic. I have no reservation saying I grew incredibly attached to all of the characters. It's just a shame we didn't see more of Zangief!"

"Every character was flawlessly developed throughout the story, especially the bond between Ralph and Vanellope. King Candy was done very well too, and his twist was really shocking. Fix-It Felix and Sergeant Calhoun was good, but predictable, and Calhoun's personality really radiated throughout the movie as a stereotypical, tragic-backstory super-soldier."

Character Development gets a...

Special Effects

k4tzm4n

"Nothing bad to say here. Jumping back from 3D to 8 bit was hysterical and seeing the assorted video game worlds was amazing. Your eyes shall be pleased."

"The Animation is top-notch, and there are no complaints I have of it. Everything is perfectly crafted, even the small, fine details, such as the designs of the characters (including the cameo ones). I especially loved how Fix-It Felix's room-mates movements were twitchy and very quick, just like in video games of that era."

Special Effects gets a...

Lasting Appeal

k4tzm4n

"I already want to go see it again. 'Nuff said, right?"

"This movie will definitely last for a long time. First of all, there are very scarce amounts of video game movies, and the few that exist aren't really good. Wreck-It Ralph basically mashes almost every single video game into one awesome movie and does it well. Very few movies are like Wreck-It Ralph, so I think this movie would last for a couple decades at minimum."

Lasting Appeal gets a...

The Verdict

k4tzm4n

"Wreck-It Ralph is without question the best animated movie I've seen since Toy Story 3 and is easily the best video game movie I've ever seen (although, that's not the biggest compliment around). Wreck-It Ralph looks great, keeps you laughing and you'll leave wanting to see even more of his world. I'm thrilled to see where they'll go with the franchise if they're given another film. A must see if you grew up with video games and your heart isn't made of ice."

"All in all I think this movie is a must watch for all gamer(s) old school or new school alike. It's really good, and everything is done well."

The Verdict is...

"EXCELLENT FILM"

No Caption Provided

Have any comments? Constructive criticism? Other thoughts? Feel free to post your thoughts!

OR ELSE I WILL BE UNDER YOUR BED WHILE YOU'RE IN YOUR SLUMBER.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Samimista

Well done review. Still waiting to see it. I loved the VII reference written on Central Station wall that read, "Aerith Lives"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Samimista said:

Well done review. Still waiting to see it. I loved the VII reference written on Central Station wall that read, "Aerith Lives"

There's also graffiti that says "LEEROY JENKINS!!!"

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Samimista

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Samimista said:

I've noticed the blonde haired female with the armor sorta looks like Anya from Gears. Gonna be really a great movie to watch. Been a gamer for almost my whole life.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Samimista said:

@Samimista said:

I've noticed the blonde haired female with the armor sorta looks like Anya from Gears. Gonna be really a great movie to watch. Been a gamer for almost my whole life.

It's a reference to Sci-Fi First-Person Shooters, but from the look of the armor and weapons, it might be heavily based on Mass Effect. The name, however, is an obvious parody of Call of Duty.

As you can see the chest armor is extremely similar, and the other body armors resemble Master Chief's armor as well.

As for Calhoun (the blonde-haired chick), she looks more heavily based on Mass Effect.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Samimista

@Samimista said:

@Samimista said:

It's a reference to Sci-Fi First-Person Shooters, but from the look of the armor and weapons, it might be heavily based on Mass Effect. The name, however, is an obvious parody of Call of Duty.

As you can see the chest armor is extremely similar, and the other body armors resemble Master Chief's armor as well.

As for Calhoun (the blonde-haired chick), she looks more heavily based on Mass Effect.

Yeah Mass Effect was the second thing I thought of as well. Lots of gaming references in it.

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By 8bitGangsta

didn't you like just make a Halo 4 review?

Dang.

Anyways, great review!

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Inverno

I am so jelly this movie is only coming out for me in January >_>

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Xanni15

Awesome review, I'm beginning to come around on the format.