#1 Posted by Aros001 (699 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one hoping River Song will appear later in the series and punch out that Missy person?

#2 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, while I love River Song, I think it's time to put her storyline to rest. We already saw The Doctor give his finale goodbyes to her in The Name of The Doctor, so bringing her back now would only takeaway from that emotional moment.

I know this is a bit out there, but with rumors that The Master will be returning this season, I have a either that either this Missy woman is working for him or, and much weirder, this Missy person IS The Master now regenerated into a woman.

#3 Posted by Cave_Duck (520 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard a similar theory that Missy might be the Master, but yep I'd like to see her clobbered as well.

Loved the episode though, it was good to have some Dr Who humour back on TV.

"When do you sleep?" Loved it!

Also good to see Madame Vastra again, she's one of my favourites.

#4 Posted by Aros001 (699 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Master really is Missy then that is going to lead to some creepy situations, since she referred to the Doctor as her boyfriend.

#5 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10216 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer:

I always though the River Song arc was too rushed. When we were introduced to her it seemed like she knew the doctor through multiple regenerations or at least for a very long time. But it turns out she only really knew 11 and only for a span of a few years or so......ignoring the confusing timeline of time travel of course. e

#6 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer:

I always though the River Song arc was too rushed. When we were introduced to her it seemed like she knew the doctor through multiple regenerations or at least for a very long time. But it turns out she only really knew 11 and only for a span of a few years or so......ignoring the confusing timeline of time travel of course. e

If I'm not mistaken, there were a few times I believe where River dropped hints of meeting The Doctor's older regenerations, even before Ten. But for whatever reason they never remembered her or at least never noticed her.

#7 Posted by dngn4774 (3377 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: Never really liked River Song as a character. The actress' performance pretty awesome (even Tasha Lem's performance too, and I think she's another regeneration) but as a character she has no real flaws and is hard to identify with. She's just randomly awesome at everything she does just like all of Moffet's female characters.

Clara could be great if he actually bothered to write any development into her role, but Coleman cannot create depth from thin air. To be fair this has been the best episode we've seen from Clara and hopefully these problems with her can be addressed this season.

@cave_duck: Lesbians with swords is always a plus in my book. For some reason I find her wife's accent irresistible.

#8 Posted by Cave_Duck (520 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

@war_killer:

I always though the River Song arc was too rushed. When we were introduced to her it seemed like she knew the doctor through multiple regenerations or at least for a very long time. But it turns out she only really knew 11 and only for a span of a few years or so......ignoring the confusing timeline of time travel of course. e

If I'm not mistaken, there were a few times I believe where River dropped hints of meeting The Doctor's older regenerations, even before Ten. But for whatever reason they never remembered her or at least never noticed her.

I was thinking the same thing, although the entire situation was weird to start off with- the first time we meet her is the last time she met him. Watching it all back on DVD might help, but the times we saw them together for did seem a bit short. I think they handwaved it all off as happening between episodes, but it would've been cool to watch the dynamic between them grow.

#9 Posted by Jack_ (1677 posts) - - Show Bio

Episode was bad.

Doctor was excellent.

10/10 will watch next episode.

#10 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

@war_killer:

I always though the River Song arc was too rushed. When we were introduced to her it seemed like she knew the doctor through multiple regenerations or at least for a very long time. But it turns out she only really knew 11 and only for a span of a few years or so......ignoring the confusing timeline of time travel of course. e

If I'm not mistaken, there were a few times I believe where River dropped hints of meeting The Doctor's older regenerations, even before Ten. But for whatever reason they never remembered her or at least never noticed her.

I was thinking the same thing, although the entire situation was weird to start off with- the first time we meet her is the last time she met him. Watching it all back on DVD might help, but the times we saw them together for did seem a bit short. I think they handwaved it all off as happening between episodes, but it would've been cool to watch the dynamic between them grow.

I believe that was kind of the point. We watch the show from The Doctor's point of view, that's why when we meet River for the first time, from her point of view it's her last time meeting The Doctor. That's really what makes their relationship so great and emotional, as we see her younger self throughout Eleven's run, knowing her ultimate fate.

There were a few mini-episodes where River and The Doctor did hang out, I believe there was even one where The Doctor is taking River on a date and they end up bumping into another River by accident, and the whole time The Doctor has to keep the two River's from meeting or something.

#11 Posted by Aros001 (699 posts) - - Show Bio

@cave_duck said:

@war_killer said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

@war_killer:

I always though the River Song arc was too rushed. When we were introduced to her it seemed like she knew the doctor through multiple regenerations or at least for a very long time. But it turns out she only really knew 11 and only for a span of a few years or so......ignoring the confusing timeline of time travel of course. e

If I'm not mistaken, there were a few times I believe where River dropped hints of meeting The Doctor's older regenerations, even before Ten. But for whatever reason they never remembered her or at least never noticed her.

I was thinking the same thing, although the entire situation was weird to start off with- the first time we meet her is the last time she met him. Watching it all back on DVD might help, but the times we saw them together for did seem a bit short. I think they handwaved it all off as happening between episodes, but it would've been cool to watch the dynamic between them grow.

I believe that was kind of the point. We watch the show from The Doctor's point of view, that's why when we meet River for the first time, from her point of view it's her last time meeting The Doctor. That's really what makes their relationship so great and emotional, as we see her younger self throughout Eleven's run, knowing her ultimate fate.

There were a few mini-episodes where River and The Doctor did hang out, I believe there was even one where The Doctor is taking River on a date and they end up bumping into another River by accident, and the whole time The Doctor has to keep the two River's from meeting or something.

What were the names/ where can I find those episodes? Because that sounds like it'd be fun to atch.

#12 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:

@war_killer said:
@cave_duck said:

@war_killer said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

@war_killer:

I always though the River Song arc was too rushed. When we were introduced to her it seemed like she knew the doctor through multiple regenerations or at least for a very long time. But it turns out she only really knew 11 and only for a span of a few years or so......ignoring the confusing timeline of time travel of course. e

If I'm not mistaken, there were a few times I believe where River dropped hints of meeting The Doctor's older regenerations, even before Ten. But for whatever reason they never remembered her or at least never noticed her.

I was thinking the same thing, although the entire situation was weird to start off with- the first time we meet her is the last time she met him. Watching it all back on DVD might help, but the times we saw them together for did seem a bit short. I think they handwaved it all off as happening between episodes, but it would've been cool to watch the dynamic between them grow.

I believe that was kind of the point. We watch the show from The Doctor's point of view, that's why when we meet River for the first time, from her point of view it's her last time meeting The Doctor. That's really what makes their relationship so great and emotional, as we see her younger self throughout Eleven's run, knowing her ultimate fate.

There were a few mini-episodes where River and The Doctor did hang out, I believe there was even one where The Doctor is taking River on a date and they end up bumping into another River by accident, and the whole time The Doctor has to keep the two River's from meeting or something.

What were the names/ where can I find those episodes? Because that sounds like it'd be fun to atch.

It's a two part mini-episode with the first part titled "First Night" and the second titles "Last Night." Not exactly sure where you can find them though, I believe they were released on the DVD box yet to Series 6 but you may be able to find them on YouTube as well.

#13 Posted by JediXMan (31222 posts) - - Show Bio

Decent episode. So far, I'm liking this Doctor.

Moderator