• 55 results
#1 Posted by thedarkknight9283 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

...doesn't mean he should be allowed to direct something as big, classic, and epic as STAR WARS.

We all know why Disney bought Star Wars and why they are making Episode VII. MONEY. $$$$$$$!!!!

I have a feeling this film will be nothing more than a cynical cash grab made to milk out Star Wars' name. But I really hope I am wrong.

But without Lucas, it just won't be the same.

#2 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (12621 posts) - - Show Bio

Troll thread is going to get trolled.

#3 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucas sucks. The franchise defiantly doesn't need him.

#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars is going to keep getting films. (they aren't stopping at 9)

Someone is going to have to direct them.

You're going to go see it anyway, because its Star Wars.

#5 Posted by HumanRocket (9391 posts) - - Show Bio

Just don't watch the new films and just re watch the classics three films DUH!

#6 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

JJ has done a lot more than just two Star Trek films.

#7 Posted by Ostyo (9861 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12661 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never really been a fan of Star Wars but I definitely am somewhat "excited" to see episode 9 because I feel it'll be a different tone than the first 6. It could be fun.

#9 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: Dude, the guy made Lost. Nuff said.

#10 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Those Star Trek films was utter crap. Nothing but flashy effects and subpar acting, and an insult to the original series. Someone else better make Star Wars, PLEASE.

#11 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23925 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Those Star Trek films was utter crap. Nothing but flashy effects and subpar acting, and an insult to the original series. Someone else better make Star Wars, PLEASE.

Prepare for even more lens flares. You think there were too much of that in Star Trek, mudafaka? PREPARE TO BE BLINDED BY ONE THOUSANDTH SUNS IN A SINGLE FRAME!

You think the acting was subpar? Wait until the cast some High School Musical rejects to make provide some obnoxious teenage love triangle that will have more focus than the galactic conflict.

IMAGINE THE FIRE.

#12 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (12621 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

I think i am in love.

#13 Posted by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Prepare for even more lens flares. You think there were too much of that in Star Trek, mudafaka? PREPARE TO BE BLINDED BY ONE THOUSANDTH SUNS IN A SINGLE FRAME!

You think the acting was subpar? Wait until the cast some High School Musical rejects to make provide some obnoxious teenage love triangle that will have more focus than the galactic conflict.

IMAGINE THE FIRE.

I could easily see it go that way.

#15 Edited by JetiiMitra (8874 posts) - - Show Bio

We can still hope. I for one enjoyed his Star Trek films (I have no respect for the original series... sorry), and if anything I'm looking forward to a new take on Star Wars movies. I just hope the EU can get it's own universe or something, or at the very least is treated with respect as it dies off.

#16 Posted by The Stegman (26086 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked his ST films more than the tv show, which I found boring.

#17 Posted by Ostyo (9861 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh good, another thread bitching about something before we even have any confirmed facts about it. Cause god knows we didn't have enough unfounded bitching on here.

#19 Posted by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know why Disney bought Star Wars and why they are making Episode VII. MONEY. $$$$$$$!!!!

Of course, why does any business do anything?

#20 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6110 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

did you watch the prequels?

the wayans brothers could do a better star wars

#22 Posted by JetiiMitra (8874 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by BattheMan008 (309 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

I can't wait to see your Star Trek movie.

#24 Posted by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7968 posts) - - Show Bio

I would dearly like to see the EU honoured in some way shape or form, but honestly there could have been a hell of a lot worse choices for director than JJ

#26 Posted by Xwraith (21611 posts) - - Show Bio

For the love of money, you say? I guess this guy could finally get a major role.

#27 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12621 posts) - - Show Bio

I would dearly like to see the EU honoured in some way shape or form, but honestly there could have been a hell of a lot worse choices for director than JJ

From the list that Disney wanted he was.

#28 Posted by Theformermarionettegeist (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh good, another thread bitching about something before we even have any confirmed facts about it. Cause god knows we didn't have enough unfounded bitching on here.

#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

@thedarkknight9283 said:

Of course, why does any business do anything?

There seem to be a lot of people on here that think there is a such a thing as a movie franchise made purely for love of film making with an actual budget. They don't realize that when George Lucas came up with Star Wars he was hoping it would make a lot of money, just like Spielberg wanted Jaws to make a lot of money, and the dude who invented motion pictures was hoping it would lead to a lot of money.

#30 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

Implying Star Trek isn't big, classic and epic.

#31 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

#32 Posted by ImmortalOne (3539 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how people state their opinions as if they were facts, and the 95% approval ratings were all just people who couldn't understand what true art was.

#33 Edited by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@cuddlebear said:

i like the part where he says "there will be no cheating... especially with my wife or i am just going to lose it" in fact spidey i think its one of the best scenes in motion picture history ;) and saying that is your opinion on every scene in the prequels is not an adequate defense

#34 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone: Lets be honest here, if you look at the Original Trilogy without nostalgia goggles you'd notice its a paint by the numbers story with mediocre dialogue and great special effects for its time. See if the prequels had been made with ground breaking special effects like the originals then like with them the glaring plot and dialogue issues would have been ignored. Unfortunately they came out when people were doing movies with equal or better effects work so we actually had to noticed what was going on. Tho Attack of the clones was total s**t even by those standards.

#35 Posted by frogdog (3569 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling this film will be nothing more than a cynical cash grab made to milk out Star Wars' name. But I really hope I am wrong.

But without Lucas, it just won't be the same.

Somebody hasn't seen the prequels

#36 Posted by ImmortalOne (3539 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@immortalone: Lets be honest here, if you look at the Original Trilogy without nostalgia goggles you'd notice its a paint by the numbers story with mediocre dialogue and great special effects for its time. See if the prequels had been made with ground breaking special effects like the originals then like with them the glaring plot and dialogue issues would have been ignored. Unfortunately they came out when people were doing movies with equal or better effects work so we actually had to noticed what was going on. Tho Attack of the clones was total s**t even by those standards.

I was talking about people hating on the Star Trek films...

#37 Edited by russellmania77 (15850 posts) - - Show Bio

if it was any other director this thread would still exist with a different name and movies

#38 Edited by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

Star Wars is going to keep getting films. (they aren't stopping at 9)

Someone is going to have to direct them.

You're going to go see it anyway, because its Star Wars.

as far as i know hes only doing episode 7. as far as 8 and 9 go i have no idea whos doing it. also it was mentioned we might get a spinoff after 7 wich will lead to episode 8 than another spinoff wich ties into episode 9. look i love star wars i hate the first 2 prequels and 3 was fine even though i wouldve never used grevious............. but i would have focused more on palpatine as the senator/emporer/sith since this was the build up for his big rise to power. also i hate this idea that the collecting market will just crash harder than miley cyruses career when disney pushes a star wars film out every summer

#39 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: I didn't mean he is going to direct all of them, I just mean there will always be Star wars films.

No director will ever been good enough, but you're still going to go see it.

Its Star Wars

#40 Edited by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@tazzmission: I didn't mean he is going to direct all of them, I just mean there will always be Star wars films.

No director will ever been good enough, but you're still going to go see it.

Its Star Wars

oh im seeing it because i have faith jj will do it justice since the one dude who co-wrote esb is helping with the script since ardt left.. hell i never cared for trek as a kid but his two films got me into the os and tng. newly born trekkie i can say.

the biggest plus jj confirmed he will do it old school with puppets and not that cgi charachter crap

#41 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not expecting great stories from the new movies. But with todays special effects i do expect to see great lightsaber fight scenes. That at least is something

#42 Posted by redleader1 (647 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: umm he created it. My god does no one ever respect other opinions.

#43 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: umm he created it. My god does no one ever respect other opinions.

You're telling me to respect others opinions while disrespecting my opinion? Lucas's idea of Star Wars was a lot different than what actually got made.

#44 Posted by TDK_1997 (15110 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not expecting anything from the seventh episode so I can't say if I want Abrams or not but I definitely don't want another movie about Star Wars.The series is pretty awesome where it is and where it was in the end of the 6th episode so I don't want any continuations.

#45 Posted by redleader1 (647 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: I did not disrespect your opinion I said nothing about your opinion I said stop attacking the prequels like there is no one who likes them and yes I know that Lucas had a very different script. Actually the Star Wars the clone wars movie the plot was kinda like the original script or one if them

#46 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: I did not disrespect your opinion I said nothing about your opinion I said stop attacking the prequels like there is no one who likes them and yes I know that Lucas had a very different script. Actually the Star Wars the clone wars movie the plot was kinda like the original script or one if them

I said nothing about the prequels at all.

#47 Edited by Chibi_cute (4617 posts) - - Show Bio

I suspect the fight scenes will be heavily watered down so that kids today can understand instead of brutal sick lightsaber fight scenes.

#48 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

I suspect the fight scenes will be heavily watered down so that kids today can understand instead of brutal sick lightsaber fight scenes.

no it wouldnt. if they didnt do such in the 70's why change now? i think your just being paranoid

#49 Posted by Chibi_cute (4617 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: Because ones its made and it turned out to be crap.. You will have to wait many long years to get a reboot..

Remember disney hasn't produced any good movies yet since the avengers.

#50 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission: Because ones its made and it turned out to be crap.. You will have to wait many long years to get a reboot..

Remember disney hasn't produced any good movies yet since the avengers.

you do realize jj stated this new star wars is going back to its routes right? that means more original trilogy less prequel trilogy. people had the same fear when they bought marvel and hell i admit i was one of them but they have done marvel great. yea ironan 3 sucked but we had films like thor, thor the dark world captain america captain america winter soilder guardians of the galaxy avengers 1 and 2. hell disney owns pixar as well and that does very good so i think people who are afraid need to take a deep breath and have some faith. i mean hey it cant be worse than what lucas did in regards to episodes 1 and 2. i liked 3 but i wouldve removed grevious from the story and focused more on palpatine and more of his emperor role