• 91 results
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Jurassic World (208 million) has beat 2012's Avengers (207 million) as the highest opening weekend premiere of all time.

Did you think it would do so well?? Have you seen it yet, if not, Will this make you see it??

No Caption Provided

Link:

http://www.comingsoon.net/extras/news/451051-marvel-congratulates-jurassic-world-for-defeating-the-avengers#/slide/1

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

People must have been really, REALLY be looking forward to a dinosaur movie. Especially considering the movie was ok, but nothing great.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie of my childhood. I thought it would do well, glad it did. Saw it opening night and had an awesome time. Blew 2 and 3 out of the water and was right up there with the first one imo.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Somewhat fresh property vs something people know and can wait for

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@strangetales said:

Movie of my childhood. I thought it would do well, glad it did. Saw it opening night and had an awesome time. Blew 2 and 3 out of the water and was right up there with the first one imo.

Agreed. I'm actually not surprised it Blew The Avengers out the water the movie was REALLY good. I'm shocked myself of how well I even liked it. I thought it was going to be horrible as JP 3 guess not.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

it was great.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangetales said:

Agreed. I'm actually not surprised it Blew The Avengers out the water the movies was REALLY good. I'm shocked myself of how well I even liked it. I thought it was going to be horrible as JP 3 guess not.

I know right, a new jurassic park movie. After the last couple I was praying for it to be good. It ended up being way better then I was expecting

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I was not expecting it to make even half that and not on the first weekend. What the hell? Was the movie that good. This came out of nowhere. Well get ready for a trilogy guys.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not going to watch it all. I like Jurassic Park and all but I will pass.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

Not going to watch it all. I like Jurassic Park and all but I will pass.

That's super edgy brah!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I love (both) Avengers films but I'll be real: Jurassic World was a better movie. I saw Avengers (first) in theaters twice over the course of about 3-4 weeks. I saw Jurassic World twice the same weekend (mostly because my wife really wanted to see it again). It was even better take two. It's just damn good.

Now leave it alone Hollywood. Don't do to Jurassic World what you did to Jurassic Park. That was the sendoff the series needed, now leave it alone!!!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love (both) Avengers films but I'll be real: Jurassic World was a better movie. I saw Avengers (first) in theaters twice over the course of about 3-4 weeks. I saw Jurassic World twice the same weekend (mostly because my wife really wanted to see it again). It was even better take two. It's just damn good.

Now leave it alone Hollywood. Don't do to Jurassic World what you did to Jurassic Park. That was the sendoff the series needed, now leave it alone!!!

Don't lie, we know you just wanted to see a dinosaur drama flick!

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Come on now, you really expect Hollywood to not do a sequel to a movie driven mostly by cgi that just set global box office records in which the cast is even easily replacable? What planet are you living on?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

Hey, I said it was better time two. If I didn't WANT to see it again I wouldn't have. I didn't plan on it though, she pushed for it.

@spambot said:

@granitesoldier: Come on now, you really expect Hollywood to not do a sequel to a movie driven mostly by cgi that just set global box office records in which the cast is even easily replacable? What planet are you living on?

I said they shouldn't, I never said I expect them to leave it alone. Where did I say they won't make one? Lol.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably watch it.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Hey, I said it was better time two. If I didn't WANT to see it again I wouldn't have. I didn't plan on it though, she pushed for it.

"she pushed for it."... you dawg :P

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I did my part to help AOU into the top spot. Saw it 3 times. I've never seen a movie more than once in theaters til that film.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, didn't see that coming

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knew it would happen :P Jurassic Park was a legend and in my opinion as a major dinosaur fan, Jurassic Park fan, and moviegoer, Jurassic World came in a close second as my favorite movie of all time. And I've seen both Avengers movies.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knew it would happen :P Jurassic Park was a legend and in my opinion as a major dinosaur fan, Jurassic Park fan, and moviegoer, Jurassic World came in a close second as my favorite movie of all time. And I've seen both Avengers movies.

bull sh!t

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bull sh!t

Considering me and my friends all idolized Jurassic Park as a kid, I knew it would purely off of nostalgia alone. Once I started getting information about the movie I knew it'd do even better based off of word of mouth.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A sequel to one of the most popular trilogies of all time, one that has had a huge effect on culture today, beat out the Avengers on the opening weekend?

Not really surprised.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A sequel to one of the most popular trilogies of all time, one that has had a huge effect on culture today, beat out the Avengers on the opening weekend?

Not really surprised.

yae now that i think about it im not so surprised either. but avengers was a better movie.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That annoys me because it wasn't anywhere as good. It's about nostalgia I guess. I can't wait to see what happens for Star Wars 7...

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dum529001

I like Jurassic Park movies because I've always had an interest in dinosaurs and paleontology from an early age due to my first viewing of the first Jurassic Park movie.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did not see it coming, but not my kind of movie.

Already gonna call it and say Jurassic Universe won't top Jurassic World, but I've no doubt Jurassic Galaxy (the Jurassic/Guardians of the Galaxy Crossover; yeah. Dinosaurs in Space fighting with Marvel heroes.)

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers is still a better movie

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how people can pay to watch the same movie in theater multiple times.

@scouterv:I'm just waiting for the Dinos to start speaking human language.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#32  Edited By black_wreath

I am so happy for its success and no I did not see it coming. This film was ridiculously better than I expected and made me feel like a kid again. That this becoming the highest grossing movie of all time is an actual possibility is awesome! Avatar doesn't deserve that title!

No offence to Marvel but f*ck the Avengers! The first comic book I ever read a Jurassic Park one so there! :P

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By MasterKungFu

I had high expectations for this movie but turns out my expectations weren't high enough :(

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all worth it

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Did not see it coming, but not my kind of movie.

Already gonna call it and say Jurassic Universe won't top Jurassic World, but I've no doubt Jurassic Galaxy (the Jurassic/Guardians of the Galaxy Crossover; yeah. Dinosaurs in Space fighting with Marvel heroes.)

Very funny.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the mayweather pacquiao fight took a toll on avengers.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mekboy

I hear a lot of people talking shit bout Jurassic world. But I really enjoyed it for what it is tbh.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was actually good despite haters

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock

@atheistknowledge said:

People must have been really, REALLY be looking forward to a dinosaur movie. Especially considering the movie was ok, but nothing great.

I think the hype and nostalgia from the first movie sold it well. That may be the only explanation for it.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why people are saying jurassic world was nothing special. When avengers was just an average movie lol

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the mayweather pacquiao fight took a toll on avengers.

On Age of Ultron, yes. But, the OP was referring to the first Avengers film.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

I don't see why people are saying jurassic world was nothing special. When avengers was just an average movie lol

You see, it's dumb and obvious things like these that give you away.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: also its clear you have no idea what you're talking about. Wasn't sodam a dc fanboy? If you spent 2 minutes looking through my posts you'd see I prefer marvel pretty heavily. Only like lesser known powerful dc characters so keep spouting your nonsense

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@rpgesus: How could i, when i see you all the time on dozens of accounts so far lol.

Good job Sodam, you only learned to hide your tracks a little bit better this time rather then make an alt - spout the same nonsense - get banned, rinse and repeat. This time you learned to talk a little bit differently, didn't help much though lol.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rpgesus

@atheistknowledge: lmao you are delusional! You can see my 2000 posts before sodam got banned and I was randomly blamed for being him. Dozens of alts? I'm on here all the time on this account posting. It's not even worth responding to someone that won't listen to reason or facts. So this is the last time im gonna respond lol I hope you can move on with life :)

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus:

No Caption Provided

oh pumpkin, this is why i actually hope you never get perma banned.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: I'm not going to get banned. Everytime you say that I never get banned or even talked to by mods because it shouldn't be hard to see I'm not sodam yat. And why do you keep calling me pumpkin?

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Give it time pumpkin, after all your last account reached almost 8000 posts. Because i can.