Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

http://www.bjpenn.com/breaking-jose-aldo-out-of-ufc-189-mcgregor-vs-mendes-official/

Looks like Conor is getting the harder match up (stylistically Mendes is a harder fight for Conor).

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Mendes wins this. Good chin, fast hands, better wrestling, nasty submission game.

CalvinRod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

I think Mendes wins this. Good chin, fast hands, better wrestling, nasty submission game.

I Agreed.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol i freaking told you he would bale out. Damnit!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ComicStooge

Dammit Aldo.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

Yeah, I think he is the favorite although Conor may be able to use his range to avoid the takedown and as shown in the Siver fight he may be troublesome to get/hold down (not comparing Siver to Chad i'm just saying Conor showed some decent TDD in that fight). Interesting fight no matter what happens.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aldo didn't want those problems from the Irish spitfire

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By those_eyes

@thenaughtytitan: @rpgesus: What the hell happend to Frankie taking this fight? Frankie vs Connor would have been a bigger draw than Chad.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C'mon Connor!!!

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both fall before the power of my fist.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good. McGregor has already had an extremely easy road to the title, getting to fighting the champion while he's injured would just be ridiculous.

I think Chad wins this fight. Even though he's taking it on short notice, he'd have to have known that it was possible that one of the two guys could have gotten injured, TAM guys like to stay in shape when inactive as it is. He's also only had to worry about one style of fighting, Aldo and McGregor are both rangy strikers.

Chad will probably Conor down at will, he trains with Urijah Faber so he's virtually immune to the guillotine, so he doesn't have to worry about that when shooting in. In terms of cardio, you have to favour Chad, while we've never seen Conor's cardio tested, everything points to him fading late. He's a huge guy for the division and cuts an ungodly amount of weight, that does not bode well for him in the championship rounds.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing against Mendes, but he's lost twice now in his title shots. Frankie should have gotten this interim slot. Conor and Frankie are bound to cross paths at some point, so the only thing I can think of is Dana wants to build that up as another superfight.

Aeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not happy about this at all

Ananke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somehow, I knew it would happen.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By those_eyes

@ananke said:

me to. i think aldo punked out.

Ananke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Mixed feelings for me. I don't mind it entirely because we get to see Conor try to prove himself in the way everyone has wanted from the start, but at the same time, I am not pleased that I got excited for a grudge match and am instead being given a consolation fight. This is also likely not good for the UFC, or Zuffa as a business.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ananke said:

I'd like to see you train, cut weight and fight a much bigger guy for half an hour with f***ed up ribs.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:
@ananke said:

I'd like to see you train, cut weight and fight a much bigger guy for half an hour with f***ed up ribs.

No Caption Provided

Ananke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:
@those_eyes said:
@ananke said:

No Caption Provided

Hahaha!

I agree that fighting with rib issues can be a serious problem, but the nonchalance conveyed in this image in overall context is hilarious.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ComicStooge

@sheenlantern said:
@those_eyes said:
@ananke said:

Lol, Aldo would've run scared anyway. McGregor won a fight with a torn ACL.

McGregor broke Aldo exactly like he said he was going to and Aldo cracked under pressure.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:
@those_eyes said:
@ananke said:

McGregor broke Aldo exactly like he said he was going to and Aldo cracked under pressure.

Do you actually believe that? Aldo has been fighting most of his life, he's from the slums of Brazil. You really think he's "scared" of Conor? After beating fighters line Mendes and Edgar, two guys that could probably smash Conor?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ananke said:
@those_eyes said:
@sheenlantern said:
@those_eyes said:
@ananke said:

No Caption Provided

Hahaha!

I agree that fighting with rib issues can be a serious problem, but the nonchalance conveyed in this image in overall context is hilarious.

I didnt say for a fact aldo punked out. So he very well could have a serious injury being the reason but i dont believe the ribs were the problem.

Yae Sheenlantern kinda came off a bit too strong in that post and out of nowhere for my taste so i couldn't help but acknowledged it nonchalantly. lol

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:
@comicstooge said:
@sheenlantern said:
@those_eyes said:
@ananke said:

Do you actually believe that? Aldo has been fighting most of his life, he's from the slums of Brazil. You really think he's "scared" of Conor? After beating fighters line Mendes and Edgar, two guys that could probably smash Conor?

Aldo saw true, unyielding self belief behind McGregor's eyes and cowered away. He knew Conor was going to curb him and that's why he pushed himself so hard, leading to the broken rib.

Fighting a bunch of poor kids in a slum is one thing, fighting one of the greatest athletes on the planet is another.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aldo won a fight with a broken foot. Against a much better opponent.

He knew Conor was going to curb him and that's why he pushed himself so hard, leading to the broken rib.

Uh, no. Aldo's sparring partner slipped while throwing a spinning back kick.

one of the greatest athletes on the planet

LOL

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:
@comicstooge said:
@sheenlantern said:
@those_eyes said:
@ananke said:

Aldo saw true, unyielding self belief behind McGregor's eyes and cowered away. He knew Conor was going to curb him and that's why he pushed himself so hard, leading to the broken rib.

Fighting a bunch of poor kids in a slum is one thing, fighting one of the greatest athletes on the planet is another.

First of all Aldo pushing himself isn't what caused the rib injury, a training partner "slipping" and hitting him too hard caused that.

Conor is nowhere near one of the greatest athletes in the world at this point. And what the hell are you talking about? Aldo has fought the top of the division at featherweight, he's beaten champions. Why are you talking about poor kids as if they're all he's fought. And his point is not that he fought poor kids, it's that he lived in a scary/sketchy area.

Your comment gave me ebola.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge said:

He knew Conor was going to curb him and that's why he pushed himself so hard, leading to the broken rib.

LOL

Yet he couldn't fight with sore ribs? He was obviously scared of McGregor.

Lol, Aldo got beat up by a sparring partner? Pathetic. McGregor's spinning back kick would take his head off.

Schwarzenegger's words, not mine. That man knows more about what it takes to be a successful athlete than any of us.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@comicstooge said:
@sheenlantern said:
@those_eyes said:
@ananke said:

Aldo fought an entire fight with Kidney stones and a broken foot, try again.

And BTW Max Holloway sprained his ankle in the first round of his fight with Conor.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ComicStooge

@thenaughtytitan said:
@comicstooge said:
@albusan said:
@comicstooge said:
@sheenlantern said:
@those_eyes said:
@ananke said:

First of all Aldo pushing himself isn't what caused the rib injury, a training partner "slipping" and hitting him too hard caused that.

McGregor would've hit him a lot harder than a scrub training partner.

@thenaughtytitan said:

Conor is nowhere near one of the greatest athletes in the world at this point. And what the hell are you talking about? Aldo has fought the top of the division at featherweight, he's beaten champions. Why are you talking about poor kids as if they're all he's fought. And his point is not that he fought poor kids, it's that he lived in a scary/sketchy area.

Your comment gave me ebola.

Again, Schwarzenegger's words, not mine. He's beaten champions, but he ran from McGregor.

Save your tears. Aldo can use them later to wash off the stench of his cowardice. He ducks more than Mayweather.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

LOL

You son of a b*tch. You ninja'd me!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:
@sheenlantern said:
@those_eyes said:
@ananke said:

And BTW Max Holloway sprained his ankle in the first round of his fight with Conor.

If he was so tough, then fighting McGregor would be no issue. But he didn't, just like McGregor predicted. You wanna know why? McGregor saw the fear in his eyes from the beginning.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did he withdraw on his own or did he not get cleared by the docs?

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

Situations are completely different. Aldo training all day gets hit too hard by a training partner who's supposed to be taking it easy. A real fight is completely different and I guarantee that "scrub" would kick the shit out of you within seconds.

Honestly I hope you're trolling.

Again, Schwarzenegger's words, not mine. He's beaten champions, but he ran from McGregor.

Honestly, if he ran from anything it would be an american drug test... not mcgregor. Arnolds opinion on MMA means nothing. Conor is a hyped guy and he said something Arnold buys into that hype because he knows nothing about MMA... McGregor is not even close to one of the greatest athletes in the world, he isn't even in the top 20 MMA fighters in the world let alone a top athlete.

Save your tears. Aldo can use them later to wash off the stench of his cowardice. He ducks more than Mayweather.

You do realize i'm not an aldo fan and would have loved to see this fight, right? Anyway i'm done here, trolling confirmed.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

Situations are completely different. Aldo training all day gets hit too hard by a training partner who's supposed to be taking it easy. A real fight is completely different and I guarantee that "scrub" would kick the shit out of you within seconds.

Lol, why would it matter if he can beat me? I hope he can, otherwise he shouldn't be fighting.

@comicstooge:

Honestly, if he ran from anything it would be an american drug test... not mcgregor. Arnolds opinion on MMA means nothing. Conor is a hyped guy and he said something Arnold buys into that hype because he knows nothing about MMA... McGregor is not even close to one of the greatest athletes in the world, he isn't even in the top 20 MMA fighters in the world let alone a top athlete.

But it's still far, far more valid than you or I. McGregor is one of the best athletes out there right now. Arnold's opinion means more than anyone on this website.

You do realize i'm not an aldo fan and would have loved to see this fight, right? Anyway i'm done here, trolling confirmed.

Let me have my fun.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:
@comicstooge said:
@sheenlantern said:
@those_eyes said:
@ananke said:

If he was so tough, then fighting McGregor would be no issue. But he didn't, just like McGregor predicted. You wanna know why? McGregor saw the fear in his eyes from the beginning.

Loading Video...

This is why it's hard to be a mcgregor fan... his fans. How about you go and fight someone with broken/bruised ribs.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet he couldn't fight with sore ribs?

Bruised ribs with cartilage damage. No he couldn't. Unless you don't think breathing or twisting your torso in any way matters in a fight.

.Lol, Aldo got beat up by a sparring partner?

Nova Unaio is a world class gym with multiple world champions. He doesn't spar with nobodies.

Schwarzenegger's words, not mine. That man knows more about what it takes to be a successful athlete than any of us.

Schwarzenegger knows jack sh!t about MMA. He's also not an athlete. Bodybuilding isn't a sport, it's a beauty pageant, a competition to see who can take the most steroids and pose in a speedo.

There are any number of actual athletes like Chael Sonnen who don't think McGregor is anything special, and they're right. His very best win was over a Max Hollaway who was still wet behind the ears.

Besides, even if he was the best MMA fighter on Earth, still wouldn't put him anywhere near the top level athletes of the world. The level of skill and athleticism of mixed martial arts is no where near that of sports like cycling or football. Guys like Aldo, Bones and Mighty Mouse don't even compare to guys like LeBron James or Novak Djokovic.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

Lol, why would it matter if he can beat me? I hope he can, otherwise he shouldn't be fighting.

You can't call someone a scrub when they would knock you out in seconds. That's just ignorant.

But it's still far, far more valid than you or I. McGregor is one of the best athletes out there right now. Arnold's opinion means more than anyone on this website.

No it's not more valid. Why is it? Because he's an ex steroid junkie and a shitty actor? His opinion on MMA means as much as mine or yours, he isn't knowledgeable in the sport and other things he's done don't make his take on MMA any more knowledgeable.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: Actually his best win is Dustin Poirier who was top 5 when Conor knocked him out. Max is doing better right now than Dustin ever did at featherweight but of course Max wasn't as good as he is now when Mcgregor beat him.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

Yet he couldn't fight with sore ribs?

Bruised ribs with cartilage damage. No he couldn't. Unless you don't think breathing or twisting your torso in any way matters in a fight.

If Aldo's as good as he claims, he should be able to win anyway.

.Lol, Aldo got beat up by a sparring partner?

Nova Unaio is a world class gym with multiple world champions. He doesn't spar with nobodies.

McGregor isn't paid to go lightly on him like Aldo's gym buddies.

Schwarzenegger knows jack sh!t about MMA. He's also not an athlete. Bodybuilding isn't a sport, it's a beauty pageant, a competition to see who can take the most steroids and pose in a speedo.

There are any number of actual athletes like Chael Sonnen who don't think McGregor is anything special, and they're right. His very best win was over a Max Hollaway who was still wet behind the ears.

Besides, even if he was the best MMA fighter on Earth, still wouldn't put him anywhere near the top level athletes of the world. The level of skill and athleticism of mixed martial arts is no where near that of sports like cycling or football. Guys like Aldo, Bones and Mighty Mouse don't even compare to guys like LeBron James or Novak Djokovic.

He knows about competition and about what it takes to win competitions at a world class level. It's ironic that you claim he's not an athlete because he takes steroids, when Chael was so pumped full of PEDs they banned him for 2 years.

Lol, football? The game were they run around and pretend to fall over or the football were roided up monkies headbutt eachother in their big dumb helmets? Cyclists aren't human, their science experiments who rely on blood doping, PEDs and all sorts of horrendous practices to allow them to do what they do. In any case, what criteria are you basing this on? McGregor would likely kick the stuffing out of all of them. Throughout human history, the person who's the strongest/best has always been the one who wins the fight, not the guy who can swing a club at a ball.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:
@thenaughtytitan said:
@comicstooge said:
@sheenlantern said:
@those_eyes said:
@ananke said:

Loading Video...

This is why it's hard to be a mcgregor fan... his fans. How about you go and fight someone with broken/bruised ribs.

Lol, the fact you keep bringing me into this conversation means you can't fault the fighting machine that is McGregor. Why would a person's fans impact how good the individual is?

@comicstooge:

You can't call someone a scrub when they would knock you out in seconds. That's just ignorant.

He's a scrub compared to all time greats, like McGregor.

@comicstooge:

No it's not more valid. Why is it? Because he's an ex steroid junkie and a shitty actor? His opinion on MMA means as much as mine or yours, he isn't knowledgeable in the sport and other things he's done don't make his take on MMA any more knowledgeable.

Because he's a winner and knows a winner when he sees one. It's the reason his quote is getting coverage.

@sheenlantern: Actually his best win is Dustin Poirier who was top 5 when Conor knocked him out. Max is doing better right now than Dustin ever did at featherweight but of course Max wasn't as good as he is now when Mcgregor beat him.

Conor slaughtered him like a lamb come of age. Just like he would've done to Aldo.

Ananke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't funny anymore.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Your trolling is getting too obvious. Try harder.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conor slaughtered him like a lamb come of age. Just like he would've done to Aldo.

No Caption Provided

holy zh/t that was cold.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ananke said:

This isn't funny anymore.

What isn't?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how rustled will you guys be if conner walks through chad like he isnt zh/t?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: He won't. Chael Sonnen... I meant McGregor will get smashed by Mendes