#1 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this isn't out of line, but I thought I would ask here. I don't feel like adding my email addy to the hopelessly long list at digg.

I'm looking for a Joost invite if anybody has one. I think it would be cool if we had some on the Vine, and spread the Joost love to others.

So, if anybody's got a Mac invite they might share, please PM me for my email address. I WILL pay this forward to other Vine members.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

What's Joost?

#3 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love one too. I wish I had one to give you. : (

#5 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks. I've got another lead, so I'll wait to see if that comes through before I bother your friend. I THINK the OS matters on the invite, but I'm not sure.

Once I've got Joost, I will spread the invites around here. I've heard that Joost recently gave unlimited invites to their beta users, so maybe we'll have a ton to give out soon.

#6 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll wait for your info P-Man.

#7 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interested, P-man, but what does it exactly do?

#8 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

I may get an account through another avenue too. I posted a request on something awful and if I do get one I'll post some invites.

#10 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome.

#11 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

You'd have to high speeds for Joost because apparently it's high quality stuff. None of that YouTube, there's clear sound and visuals.

#12 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

I never realized before that am not able to get it. Apparently those of us with PowerPC macs are screwed because they only have it compiled for the intel chipset.

#13 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm... I wonder if i can get it on my ps3...

#14 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright everybody. I've gotten ahold of Joost, and I'm ready to give out invites.

Here are my rules for handing them out, plus a couple of caveats:

CAVEAT 1: I've heard from other people that the invite widget sometimes does not immediately work for some users. I won't know until I start sending out invites, so let's all be patient.

CAVEAT 2: I'm not really sure how many invites I have to give out. I read recently that Joost had recently given unlimited invites to their beta users, but I can't confirm this. I cannot find how many I have to give out in my account info, so this leads be to believe the stories I've read.

1. To start out, I will send invites to anyone on either the Top 20 Submissions list, or the Top 10 Forum Posts list.

2. If you are not on one of those two lists, I will send you an invite if you are on my Friends/Enemies list. DO NOT try to get on my Friends/Enemies list just because you want in invite.

3. If you do not quality for #1 or #2 and you pester me about in invite, don't count on every getting one from me.

4. Once you have been given in invite from me and have sign-up successfully, please start spreading your own invite love around the Vine.

5. If you qualify for #1 or #2, PM me with your email address. DO NOT post your email address in this thread. I won't necessarily check it on a regular basis.

6. I am not tech support, so please don't ask me questions about downloading/installation/etc. I'm probably just as clueless as you are.

Once I've filled the orders from members who qualify, I'll expand it into a second round.

Post Edited:2007-05-05 17:06:51

#15 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. Please read the post just above this one.

#16 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet. Good stuff P-man.

DO they got those spider-man animated series from 2003? I could never find it on youtube...

#17 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I have been reading the forums on Joost and I am having problems sending invites too, and apparently you need to participate in the forums and then you will get invites.

https://joost.com/forums/p/2007/05/how-do-i-invite-people-25/

(Just keep scrolling down and it says "see above, you should be active on this forum, only then you'll get credits to invite people")

Totally bleugh-ness.

#18 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. I'm working on it.