• reach: 84.5 in
  • fighting style: Greco–Roman, Muay Thai, and Grappling

Anderson Silva

• height: 6'2 ft
  • weight: 184.1 lbs
  • reach: 77.6 in
  • fighting styles: Brazilian Jiu–Jitsu, Judo, Taekwondo, and Capoeira
#3 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you mean J'onn J'onzz vs Anderson Silva?

Because that would be a closer match.

#4 Posted by ALMIGHTY (603 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon Jones is a bigger, stronger, faster, and more skillful wrestler than Chael Sonnen is so I believe he would have no problem taking Anderson down and landing some vicious Elbows and maybe earning a TKO or Submission from a choke victory 7/10 times, I believe his standup is good enough to keep him ALIVE enough to get Andy Down.

#5 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously though I'd take Silva. I'd be a good fight with Jone's win streak and all but I think Silva would use Bones' height and weight advantage against him with some jiu jitsu moves. I think it would be a good fight though.

#6 Posted by ALMIGHTY (603 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour: We both saw the Sonnen fight and believe me Jones is better than Sonnen in EVERY aspect, with his Size, Skill, Reach, and Speed, he could survive the standup, and take andy down, Okami did it Hendo did it, Sonnen did it, so Jones could do it, and when he takes someone down GAME OVER here comes Elbows, chokes you name it.....

Jones takes it 7/10 I only see him losing if he's foolish enough to stand up too long with andy and not take the fight to the ground. Andy's BJJ will not help him either, it didn't help Shogun who attempted SEVERAL leg locks, or Machida who also is a Nogueria BJJ Black Belt, Jones would demolish Silva.

#7 Posted by WillPayton (9697 posts) - - Show Bio

The Martian wins.

#8 Edited by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

No one can trump the Spider.

#9 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8589 posts) - - Show Bio

Bones Jones

#10 Posted by ALMIGHTY (603 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: Accept for Jones or MAYBE Junior Dos Santos. Anderson's weakness is Jone's strength wrestling, and ground and pound. Anderson's strength is Jone's strength Striking, Clinch, submissions, and reach. Jones is what Anderson would be if he had OLYMPIC LEVEL wrestling Jones takes this 7/10 times maybe even more.

#11 Posted by HigorM (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALMIGHTY: A. Silva was fighting with broken rips at that time, and still, Sonne did nothing to him, in fact, Spider did a lot of damage on him while on the ground..

and Sonnen is only good at trash talk..

as for Jon Jones, he is good and all, but have a lot more to prove, i was not impressed with his last fight, and i personaly think he is not on Spider´s level..

#12 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALMIGHTY said:

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: Accept for Jones or MAYBE Junior Dos Santos. Anderson's weakness is Jone's strength wrestling, and ground and pound. Anderson's strength is Jone's strength Striking, Clinch, submissions, and reach. Jones is what Anderson would be if he had OLYMPIC LEVEL wrestling Jones takes this 7/10 times maybe even more.

Wrestling is NOT his weakness, as witnessed in his fight with Dan Henderson who is more of a wrestler than Jones.

Silva beat him by submission.

#13 Posted by ALMIGHTY (603 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM: Hendo took Silva down, Okami took Silva down, even MAIA took SIlva down, Jones is superior to all of those men in wrestling, he is MUCH bigger than Silva and would have a GREAT strength advantage against him,

as for striking, i'd say their EVEN if you go by who they FOUGHT, Jones DOMINATED Shogun on the feet who is a better striker than ANYONE Andy has fought, and Jones Rocked Machida (a man who Anderson trains with) and Rampage with a right hand to secure a choke, the best striker Anderson has fought is Belfort, who is not a better striker than 2 of the men I mentioned above, so striking is EVEN or a least enough for Jones to survive,

Submissions, I believe IN THE UFC, Jones has more Submission victories than SIlva he has 4 Machida, Rampage, Bader, O Brien, Silva has 3 Chael, Henderson, and Travis Lutter. So in this department it's either the Edge in Jone's favor or a tie, (honestly Jones deserves the edge he has been in the Ufc less than silva yet he still has more Subs than him) So Jones Gets the edge here.

Wrestling this doesn't even need to be discussed Jones once he grabs Silva he's going down to the matt no question. wether it be the clinch or shooting for a double or single.

Silva I would give an advantage in experience though....

All in all I believe Jones is a Silva clone, he's exactly like him except much much improved, since he has along with the Striking, INCREDIBLE Reach, and Wrestling.

He is what Silva would be If he had good Wrestling.

Jones takes this 7/10 times logically.

No matter If you like him or not you have to respect the mans accomplishments and ability.

#14 Posted by ALMIGHTY (603 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: Hendo took him down though..... and so did Okami, and So did Maia, and NO HENDO IS NOT a better wrestler than Jones, look at their similar opponents, Jones was able to EFFORTLESSLY take down Shogun, and Rampage, Hendo Struggled to not only take them down but also to WIN against them, Jones tossed them like rag dolls, and so what if Silva submit Hendo, Jones has more Submission wins than Anderson ANYWAY, he tapped out Machida ( a man who trains with Anderson) he tapped out Rampage (a man who was never finished in the UFC before that fight), tapped out Ryan Bader, and Jake Obrien, Silva wont be able to stop the takedown, he might even get dropped in the standup just like Shogun, Machida, and Rampage got dropped. Belfort is the best striker Anderson has fought, and Shogun and Machida are both better than Belfort, and Jones knocked them on their ass on the feet.

Jones Takes this 7/10 due to Wrestling, Ground And Pound and Chokes.

#15 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALMIGHTY said:

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: Hendo took him down though..... and so did Okami, and So did Maia, and NO HENDO IS NOT a better wrestler than Jones, look at their similar opponents, Jones was able to EFFORTLESSLY take down Shogun, and Rampage, Hendo Struggled to not only take them down but also to WIN against them, Jones tossed them like rag dolls, and so what if Silva submit Hendo, Jones has more Submission wins than Anderson ANYWAY, he tapped out Machida ( a man who trains with Anderson) he tapped out Rampage (a man who was never finished in the UFC before that fight), tapped out Ryan Bader, and Jake Obrien, Silva wont be able to stop the takedown, he might even get dropped in the standup just like Shogun, Machida, and Rampage got dropped. Belfort is the best striker Anderson has fought, and Shogun and Machida are both better than Belfort, and Jones knocked them on their ass on the feet.

Jones Takes this 7/10 due to Wrestling, Ground And Pound and Chokes.

Henderson is a two-time Olympic wrestler.

We'll see in September though when Hendo and Jones fight..

I'm only saying he is a better wrestler though, Jones is definately the better fighter which is why he dominated Shogun.

#16 Posted by ALMIGHTY (603 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: IN PURE WRESTLING ON PAPER Hendo is better but Jones is the better MMA WRESTLER if that makes any sense, Jones is better at incorporating his wrestling in MMA than hendo he knows how to use creative throws from peculiar positions and such Hendo has not displayed these skills IN MMA, so therefore since we are discussing MMA Jones is the superior wrestler and I believe he will one day be on the USA Olympic Wrestling Team.

But back to the point Jones is more than capable of beating silva for all the reason I stated to you in my last response, now if you wish to discuss otherwise I would be glad to, but in as it stand I have Jones winning in this fight because YES Silva's weakness is wrestling, Hendo took him down, Okami took him down, Maia took him down, Jones is more than capable of doing the same and finishing the fight via Choke or TKO due to Elbows.

#17 Posted by Hypersonic (54 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALMIGHTY said:

Jones wins because of this, he is exactly like Silva except with better wrestling and a long reach NO GLARING WEAKNESS as well I'd say Jones wins via stoppage.

#18 Edited by HigorM (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALMIGHTY:

@HigorM: Hendo took Silva down, Okami took Silva down, even MAIA took SIlva down, Jones is superior to all of those men in wrestling, he is MUCH bigger than Silva and would have a GREAT strength advantage against him,

And the Spider just owned all of them, heck, he just choked Henderson, you know him right? Andy knows how to deal with wrestlers, that´s not a big deal for him, all of those he have fight did nothing to him in that department..

as for striking, i'd say their EVEN if you go by who they FOUGHT, Jones DOMINATED Shogun on the feet who is a better striker than ANYONE Andy has fought, and Jones Rocked Machida (a man who Anderson trains with) and Rampage with a right hand to secure a choke, the best striker Anderson has fought is Belfort, who is not a better striker than 2 of the men I mentioned above, so striking is EVEN or a least enough for Jones to survive,

A. Silva has already proved he is one of the best strikers with 18 wins by KO´s. He took Rich Franklin down twice, and the first time when Franklin was the absolute champion, the guy who wrecked Iceman.. he broke Forest Griffin jaw, just to say some of the best fights..

Submissions, I believe IN THE UFC, Jones has more Submission victories than SIlva he has 4 Machida, Rampage, Bader, O Brien, Silva has 3 Chael, Henderson, and Travis Lutter. So in this department it's either the Edge in Jone's favor or a tie, (honestly Jones deserves the edge he has been in the Ufc less than silva yet he still has more Subs than him) So Jones Gets the edge here.

if you are saying only UFC it´s 3 submissions, but if you count all fights he have 6 wins via submission.. but i must say i was very impressed with the fight against Machida, Lyoto is one of my favorite UFC fighters and he was doing all right until he get hit by Jon Jones vicious elbows, and then he go down like that..

Wrestling this doesn't even need to be discussed Jones once he grabs Silva he's going down to the matt no question. wether it be the clinch or shooting for a double or single.

Silva I would give an advantage in experience though....

All in all I believe Jones is a Silva clone, he's exactly like him except much much improved, since he has along with the Striking, INCREDIBLE Reach, and Wrestling.

He is what Silva would be If he had good Wrestling.

Jones takes this 7/10 times logically.

No matter If you like him or not you have to respect the mans accomplishments and ability.

Like i said, Silva can deal with wrestlers like he did before, that´s not a big factor here..

Jones is a incredible fighter, but have more to prove, is Silva who have broken all UFC records in the past years..

and i respect Jones, he destroyed Shogun and won Machida via submission, he deserves my respect, i just honestly think he is not ready for Silva..

so i would give it 7/10 too, but to Spider :D

And this is A. Silva record: (sherdog)

WINS - 31

18 KO/TKO (58%)

6 SUBMISSIONS (19%)

7 DECISIONS (23%)

#19 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Silva is no slouch, to me one of the best fighters of all time(Also to most people lol), but I think Jon Jones is the next Silva. Both extremely talented. I vote Jones.

#20 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

Seriously though I'd take Silva. I'd be a good fight with Jone's win streak and all but I think Silva would use Bones' height and weight advantage against him with some jiu jitsu moves. I think it would be a good fight though.

#21 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

Weight class dude, jones would win in the freakshow fight and greg is a wizard

#22 Posted by Bo88gdan (4489 posts) - - Show Bio

Anderson Silva 

#23 Posted by ALMIGHTY (603 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM: "And the Spider just owned all of them, heck, he just choked Henderson, you know him right? Andy knows how to deal with wrestlers, that´s not a big deal for him, all of those he have fight did nothing to him in that department.."

Your missing my point though, he WAS TAKENDOWN WIN OR LOSE !!! And EVERY TIME Jones has taken somebody down. They DO NOT, get back up because of his ELBOWS and CHOKES if Jones takes him down ITS OVER !!! He is MUCH BIGGER AND STRONGER AND WILL HOLD HIM DOWN !!!

"A. Silva has already proved he is one of the best strikers with 18 wins by KO´s. He took Rich Franklin down twice, and the first time when Franklin was the absolute champion, the guy who wrecked Iceman.. he broke Forest Griffin jaw, just to say some of the best fights.."

OKAY ???? Jones has proven his striking too, he DOMINATED Shogun ON THE FEET, a man WHO KNOCKED OUT ICEMAN, he DOMINATED ON THE FEET MACHIDA WITH A RIGHT HAND TO ROCK HIM AND CHOKE HIM OUT (a man who trains with Anderson, and a man who HAS MUCH MUCH BETTER TAKEDOWN DEFENSE YET HE STILL GOT TAKENDOWN AND ELBOWED !!!) And Jones DOMINATED RAMPAGE AND RASHAD ON THE FEET BOTH WHO KNOCKED OUT ICEMAN !!! Anderson may have fought MORE COMPETITION but Jones has fought MORE QUALITY COMPETITION.

"i must say i was very impressed with the fight against Machida, Lyoto is one of my favorite UFC fighters and he was doing all right until he get hit by Jon Jones vicious elbows, and then he go down like that.."

You should be impressed since he trains with Anderson, fights like Anderson, is STRONGER than Anderson has BETTER TAKEDOWN DEFENSE THAN ANDERSON, YET he still got takendown, he still got elbowed, he still got right handed in the face in standup, and still got choked out, much like his little training buddy would if he fought jones.

"Like i said, Silva can deal with wrestlers like he did before, that´s not a big factor here..

Jones is a incredible fighter, but have more to prove, is Silva who have broken all UFC records in the past years..

and i respect Jones, he destroyed Shogun and won Machida via submission, he deserves my respect, i just honestly think he is not ready for Silva..

so i would give it 7/10 too, but to Spider :D"

Jones has the perfect skill set to defeat Anderson the biggest indicator is the Machida fight a fight between Silva and Jones would go like that.

Yeah Silva is the greatest of all time and such, but give Jones a couple of years and he will surpass him, he much much more well rounded than Anderson.

Watch video but most important part is 4:32 shows what he did to a man many consider to be Anderson's equal in striking ON THE FEET !!! Hit him with A DEVASTATING RIGHT HAND.

JONES WINS 7/10

DON'T believe me ???

Look at THE COMMUNITY VOTES !!!

#24 Posted by nishi99 (385 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spider FTW.

#25 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

Do you mean J'onn J'onzz vs Anderson Silva?

Because that would be a closer match.

I see what you did there.

#26 Posted by Jezer (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALMIGHTY said:

Jon Jones is a bigger, stronger, faster, and more skillful wrestler than Chael Sonnen is so I believe he would have no problem taking Anderson down and landing some vicious Elbows and maybe earning a TKO or Submission from a choke victory 7/10 times, I believe his standup is good enough to keep him ALIVE enough to get Andy Down.

Please stop using that steroid enhanced fight as evidence. Let's see how Chael Sonnen does in a normal match. Then you can attempt this argument.

#27 Edited by jaywray (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALMIGHTY: Sonnen is a much, MUCH better wrestler than Jones. also "Look at THE COMMUNITY VOTES !!!" Don't ever try and use that as a way to say "see he's better! people agree!" People think Justin Bieber is the greatest artist alive, when a dead cat could sing better than him if you inflated it and listened to the air squeeze out.

But having said that I think Jones would probably win, Anderson is a much better fighter skill wise but Jones athleticism and reach are both outstanding to the point it's getting ridiculous, keep in mind Anderson is 38, THIRTY EIGHT.

@HigorM: - That is a fair argument, respect.

@Jezer: Wana bet for bragging rights? ;D Sonnen gona win, I can feel it!

#28 Posted by HigorM (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

the "he is stronger" argument is ridiculous, they are in different categories, it´s obvious that one is stronger than the other!

so he wins because he is more athletic and has a longer range? And age does not count if you're a better fighter and breath enough to hold 5 rounds.

Anderson the Spider Silva is the best p4p fighter all time and nothing is gonna change that!

#29 Posted by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as i would be rooting for Jon Jones, i think anderson would win. Like always..

#30 Posted by HigorM (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

another thing that only the Spider can performe is his striking accuracy considered one of the best if not the best of all UFC fighters..

#31 Posted by jaywray (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM said:

the "he is stronger" argument is ridiculous, they are in different categories, it´s obvious that one is stronger than the other!

so he wins because he is more athletic and has a longer range? And age does not count if you're a better fighter and breath enough to hold 5 rounds.

Anderson the Spider Silva is the best p4p fighter all time and nothing is gonna change that!

It's not ridiculous in any way shape or form when you're comparing them, just because they're in different categories doesn't mean all of a sudden if they were to fight they'd be completely even in strength, Anderson has also fought at LHW and was comfortable there as he had no weight to cut.

I never said " he wins he's more athletic and longer range" I stated that Jones Athleticism and reach are both outstanding and would be great factors in the fight, anyone who disagrees is a blatant fanboy, I suggest you go into a ring with someone in the prime age of their life and have an absurdly long reach advantage and come back and tell me it isn't a HUGE. a fricken HUGE, game changer.

It doesn't matter as long as you're better and can breath enough for 5 rounds? are you... just... what? There's a difference between breathing enough for 5 rounds and being active while fighting someone bigger/stronger and more athletic than you constantly pushing the pace.

I respected your initial counter to the other guy because it was well thought out, your response to mine was a huge drop in quality.

#32 Edited by HigorM (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaywray:

he fought Forrest Griffin who isn´t as strong as Jones, A. Silve could fight him, no doubt, i´m just saying he couldn´t as they are now, he would need to prepare his body for the fight, and it´s not that simple to do..

and i say it was ridiculous for the other guy who was using it as a instant victory for Jones, like Jones being stronger was the only thing he need to win..

the range/reach does make difference, i agree with you, i´m just saying it´s not gonna be a HUGE difference because we´re talking about Anderson Silva, and not just a standard fighter.

Show me a fight where Spider got out of breath.. he ends most of his fights before the 3 round..

#33 Edited by ALMIGHTY (603 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaywray said:

@ALMIGHTY: Sonnen is a much, MUCH better wrestler than Jones.

Okay I'm back.......

YOURE WRONG on paper and in traditional coullegant wrestling MAYBE BUT Jones is the better MMA WRESTLER, MAYBE Sonnen is better at traditional wrestling due to having MORE matches but Jones at the age of 20 was UNDEFEATED,

accomplishments: NJCAA Junior Collegiate Champion, NJCAA All American, NHSCA Senior All-American, NYSPHSAA Division I State Champion, Northeast Junior Greco-Roman Regional Champion. All at the young Age of 20 and he probbaly could have made the Olympic team like Hendo if he continued his wrestling career.

But enough about traditional wrestling Jones is the better MMA WRESTLER, Jones attemps MORE takedowns than Sonnen YET still has a HIGHER PECENTAGE OF SUCCESS in taking people down. PLUS it's against BIGGER AND STRONGER opponents than the ones Chael faces, Chael struggles at LHW because he's a little undersized, but neverless Jones has PROVED he's the better MMA wrestler and that he is STRONGER, he has a higher percentage of takedowns than Chael even though he goes for more than him, AND Jones takesdown people 25 pounds heavier than the one's Chael does.

Jones has proved to be the better wrestler ALREADY in his career the numbers and stats do not lie....

Jones is better than Chael in just about every aspect of MMA.

#34 Posted by HigorM (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaywray said:

I respected your initial counter to the other guy because it was well thought out, your response to mine was a huge drop in quality.

sorry to disappoint you, it wasn´t my intention, i really care about your evaluation :P

#35 Posted by ALMIGHTY (603 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer said:

@ALMIGHTY said:

Please stop using that steroid enhanced fight as evidence. Let's see how Chael Sonnen does in a normal match. Then you can attempt this argument.

Sonnen was not on STEROIDS get that through your head, he was on testorone replacement therapy, it was perscribed to him by his doctor. Randy Couture needed it and Hendo uses/used it too.. Its basically when men get old they start losing testorone, so MMA fighter that are losing testorone due to NATURAL causes, it is allowed for them to get this surgery to get there testorone levels to NORMAL LEVELS, Chael's doctor OVER DID the levels of testorone, so YES THAT was wrong. BUT THATS NOT STEROIDS it's a PRESCRIBED SURGEROY it was just NEGLIGENCE on the Doctors part.

#36 Posted by ALMIGHTY (603 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM said:

@jaywray:

he fought Forrest Griffin who isn´t as strong as Jones, A. Silve could fight him, no doubt, i´m just saying he couldn´t as they are now, he would need to prepare his body for the fight, and it´s not that simple to do..

and i say it was ridiculous for the other guy who was using it as a instant victory for Jones, like Jones being stronger was the only thing he need to win..

the range/reach does make difference, i agree with you, i´m just saying it´s not gonna be a HUGE difference because we´re talking about Anderson Silva, and not just a standard fighter.

Show me a fight where Spider got out of breath.. he ends most of his fights before the 3 round..

Show me a fight were Jones has Gassed out.... And when have I ever said that it was a DEFINTE victory for Jones, I ALWAYS said 7/10 for Jones, meaning Silva has a 3/10 Chance to win, I never said Silva has no chance, All I was saying is Jones has the wrestling, the reach, the strength and the top game to dominate Silva just as he did MACHIDA...

Youre making it seem like my only points where Reach and Strength were if you go back and read my posts thats not at all what I said, I gave examples from past fights from BOTH fighter, I gave records etc. your either not reading my post out of spite, or you are and are ignoring my points because you have no answer for them.

Now let me make this clear yet another time 7/10 for Jones... Meaning Silva HAS A 3/10 CHANCE....... OKAY.

#37 Posted by HigorM (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALMIGHTY: dude, i´m not ignoring you, you don´t need to yell (capslock).

what do you consider to be a top game?

and strength, reach and wrestling aren't enough to defeat A. Silva, he won stronger oponents before, with more reach also and wrestlers.. just watch his fights.

like i said, he prove his game for the last years, against all kinds of fighters, he even jump to the LHW to fight Forest Griffin, he clears the entire Middleweight class, now he is gonna fight Sonnen again, and i almost feel sorry for him, Chael will be beaten to death by Spider.

Jones is a great fighter, have the tools to be the best, but actually he isn´t, Spider is, and if they nowadays, i´m sure Silve would be the winner.

#38 Edited by jaywray (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALMIGHTY said:

@jaywray said:

@ALMIGHTY: Sonnen is a much, MUCH better wrestler than Jones.

Okay I'm back.......

YOURE WRONG on paper and in traditional coullegant wrestling MAYBE BUT Jones is the better MMA WRESTLER, MAYBE Sonnen is better at traditional wrestling due to having MORE matches but Jones at the age of 20 was UNDEFEATED,

accomplishments: NJCAA Junior Collegiate Champion, NJCAA All American, NHSCA Senior All-American, NYSPHSAA Division I State Champion, Northeast Junior Greco-Roman Regional Champion. All at the young Age of 20 and he probbaly could have made the Olympic team like Hendo if he continued his wrestling career.

But enough about traditional wrestling Jones is the better MMA WRESTLER, Jones attemps MORE takedowns than Sonnen YET still has a HIGHER PECENTAGE OF SUCCESS in taking people down. PLUS it's against BIGGER AND STRONGER opponents than the ones Chael faces, Chael struggles at LHW because he's a little undersized, but neverless Jones has PROVED he's the better MMA wrestler and that he is STRONGER, he has a higher percentage of takedowns than Chael even though he goes for more than him, AND Jones takesdown people 25 pounds heavier than the one's Chael does.

Jones has proved to be the better wrestler ALREADY in his career the numbers and stats do not lie....

Jones is better than Chael in just about every aspect of MMA.

It's hilarious how you claim he might be better at college wrestling BUT NOT MMA BLAH BLAH then state all the non-mma wrestling achievements Jones got.

"Jones attemps MORE takedowns than Sonnen YET still has a HIGHER PECENTAGE OF SUCCESS" Yeah probably because he cant keep them down anywhere NEAR as well as Sonnen can. Also you say "bigger and stronger" seriously, different weight division where Jones is probably the biggest and easily one of the heaviest fighters in THAT division, Chael is NOT, Chael takes guys like Yushin who are MUCH bigger and stronger than himself down Chael struggles at LHW because he's a little undersized" Chael isn't in the LHW division lol good one you're really not that educated since you keep saying about how much bigger and stronger "25 pounds heavier" yeah probably a lot more than that on fight day actually, but on that day Jones is bigger than the vast majority of his opponents will be, unlike Chael who's often the smaller/lighter but he makes up for it in SKILL unlike Jones.

Numbers do lie, how new to this sport are you lol? 10 take downs don't mean 10 good take downs, Jones best display of wrestling was against Stephan Bonnar who isn't exactly a wrestler and was visibly tiny compared to Jones lol. Quality >> Quantity hence why Chael is the better of the two.

If they were to both actually step into the ring for mma wrestling, OF COURSE Jones would win, Jones is a heavy weight who fights at light heavy because he's young enough to take the weight cut but pound for pound he's not as good a Chael.

@HigorM said:

@jaywray:

Yeah I know that, if Anderson fought Jones at LHW he would be hugely out powered, hence why I already said Jones is a lot stronger, I never said it was an instant win so I don't know why you're saying it was ridiculous to me I just said it was a great factor for Jones, which it is.

But it's not like Jones could make weight any lighter, his weight cut is already ridiculous for LHW let alone to go down to middle so it'd have to be LHW.

And yeah "we're talking about Anderson SIlva" yeah who likes to stand and fight straight up, Machida who's got an evasive fighting style better than Andersons got caught occasionally (although he was winning on the feet).

Show you a fight? what are you talking about? if Silva goes up and fights Jones then Ill show you that fight, this is speculation as Silva hasn't fought someone so much bigger stronger and more athletic than himself hence why he's never out of breath.

Double standard there mate you point out how Forrest isn't as strong as Jones but when I said Jones is stronger and more athletic then it's just ignored.

Also for the evaluation stand point, I was just being polite, "drop in quality" was just saying nicely that that response is completely laughable.

#39 Edited by HigorM (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaywray:

i know that´s obvious, is Spider the one who have conditions to go up class..

you can´t compare Silva and Machida, they have different fighting styles, Machida basic style is the Machida Karate Shotokan, while Silva base is Muay Thai, Silva's striking uses three major strengths: technical precision, the jab and transitions and movement. Silva switches from southpaw to orthodox with little drop-off in effectiveness.

As for the ground area, he has submitted great grapplers, including Olympic wrestler Dan Henderson, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu blackbelt Travis Lutter and Olympic alternate Chael Sonnen.

you say A. Silva didn´t fight an opponent like Jones, the same goes for Jones, he isn´t prepared for what Silva can deliver.. he´s just too too versatile and unpredictable for him..

Spider Silva records: Most all-time knockdowns in UFC history (15), No. 1 in significant strike accuracy (68.5%), Longest all-time UFC win streak (14), Best all-time UFC win percentage (1.000), Most title fight victories (10), Most UFC title defenses (9) and Longest reign by days (2,090). (from mmafighting)

#40 Posted by jaywray (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM said:

@jaywray:

you can´t compare Silva and Machida, they have different fighting styles, Machida basic style is the Machida Karate Shotokan, while Silva base is Muay Thai, Silva's striking uses three major strengths: technical precision, the jab and transitions and movement. Silva switches from southpaw to orthodox with little drop-off in effectiveness.

As for the ground area, he has submitted great grapplers, including Olympic wrestler Dan Henderson, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu blackbelt Travis Lutter and Olympic alternate Chael Sonnen.

you say A. Silva didn´t fight an opponent like Jones, the same goes for Jones, he isn´t prepared for what Silva can deliver.. he´s just too too versatile and unpredictable for him..

Spider Silva records: Most all-time knockdowns in UFC history (15), No. 1 in significant strike accuracy (68.5%), Longest all-time UFC win streak (14), Best all-time UFC win percentage (1.000), Most title fight victories (10), Most UFC title defenses (9) and Longest reign by days (2,090). (from mmafighting)

Please don't try to throw records at me.

I know Machidas style, I train in Shotokan. His style is the best possible match up to Jones not Andersons.

Machida had the best chance (perhaps Hendos with luck) you're using abc logic that just doesn't work. It seriously sounds like you're wikiing the hell outta these things in the hope to find something that just isn't there, Andersons stand up style isn't gun-ho enough to charge in and Big right Jones like Hendos is, it isn't evasive enough to deal with the reach like Machidas is and the only thing he's more versatile than Jones is is his bjj.

Styles make fights, and Andersons style isn't favourable to Jones.

#41 Posted by Jezer (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALMIGHTY said:

@Jezer said:

@ALMIGHTY said:

Sonnen was not on STEROIDS get that through your head, he was on testorone replacement therapy, it was perscribed to him by his doctor. Randy Couture needed it and Hendo uses/used it too.. Its basically when men get old they start losing testorone, so MMA fighter that are losing testorone due to NATURAL causes, it is allowed for them to get this surgery to get there testorone levels to NORMAL LEVELS, Chael's doctor OVER DID the levels of testorone, so YES THAT was wrong. BUT THATS NOT STEROIDS it's a PRESCRIBED SURGEROY it was just NEGLIGENCE on the Doctors part.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1216552-mma-news-fight-doctor-says-frank-mir-chael-sonnen-abused-steroids-in-the-past

This guy disagrees with the idea that it was "due to natural causes".

Regardless of the semantics of what he used, his testosterone levels were not in the allowed levels.

So, my point that you seemed to miss: Don't use that fight as evidence for your argument/ABC logic. Wait for them to have a more legitimate fight, which they will on the 7th.

#42 Posted by HigorM (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaywray said:

@HigorM said:

@jaywray:

Please don't try to throw records at me.

I know Machidas style, I train in Shotokan. His style is the best possible match up to Jones not Andersons.

Machida had the best chance (perhaps Hendos with luck) you're using abc logic that just doesn't work. It seriously sounds like you're wikiing the hell outta these things in the hope to find something that just isn't there, Andersons stand up style isn't gun-ho enough to charge in and Big right Jones like Hendos is, it isn't evasive enough to deal with the reach like Machidas is and the only thing he's more versatile than Jones is is his bjj.

Styles make fights, and Andersons style isn't favourable to Jones.

I just pointed out the differences in the styles of both, because you were comparing them.. where did i use abc logic?

Silva isn´t evasive enough? did you saw his fight against Griffin?

"Styles make fights, and Andersons style isn't favourable to Jones."

that is just supposition, look what happened with Machida ..

#43 Posted by jaywray (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM: "where did i use abc logic?" - " he has submitted great grapplers, including Olympic wrestler Dan Henderson, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu blackbelt Travis Lutter and Olympic alternate Chael Sonnen." <- this part

Just because he submitted Dan who's ground work isn't anything special and got a very very lucky triangle in on Chael doesn't really mean much against Jones.

"Silva isn´t evasive enough? did you saw his fight against Griffin?" - He wasn't evasive in the slightest in that fight, he was never in and out, he was always in, sometimes even stationary for seconds at a time, that's skillful head movement Machida is in an out as in, a good 3 ft away from his opponent when he is out eliminating the reach advantage of Jones, hence his success on the feet, have you seen Anderson and Machida standing sparring? Machida mostly gets the better end of it.

And mate lol just.. just what.

"that is just supposition, look what happened with Machida" <---> "you can´t compare Silva and Machida, they have different fighting styles"

I don't think the term double standard is even good enough to describe that.

Either way, Chael is gona be the champ in a few days so it's unlikely they'll fight ;D

#44 Posted by Jezer (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaywray said:

@HigorM: "where did i use abc logic?" - " he has submitted great grapplers, including Olympic wrestler Dan Henderson, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu blackbelt Travis Lutter and Olympic alternate Chael Sonnen." <- this part

Just because he submitted Dan who's ground work isn't anything special and got a very very lucky triangle in on Chael doesn't really mean much against Jones.

"Silva isn´t evasive enough? did you saw his fight against Griffin?" - He wasn't evasive in the slightest in that fight, he was never in and out, he was always in, sometimes even stationary for seconds at a time, that's skillful head movement Machida is in an out as in, a good 3 ft away from his opponent when he is out eliminating the reach advantage of Jones, hence his success on the feet, have you seen Anderson and Machida standing sparring? Machida mostly gets the better end of it.

And mate lol just.. just what.

"that is just supposition, look what happened with Machida" <---> "you can´t compare Silva and Machida, they have different fighting styles"

I don't think the term double standard is even good enough to describe that.

Either way, Chael is gona be the champ in a few days so it's unlikely they'll fight ;D

Lol what are you gonna say if you're wrong?

#45 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares? Silva will be irrelevant after Saturday; welcome to the year two thousand and Chael!

#46 Posted by jaywray (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer: Hahaha! Entirely possible! But that's the fun of it :)

#47 Posted by HigorM (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

i´ll bump this thread soon..

#48 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Regardless of Saturday I say Jones. Jones is better than Sonnen and Sonnen slapped Silva around.

#49 Posted by Deranged Midget (17843 posts) - - Show Bio

Jones would win via reach.

#50 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

My money is on Jones!

Silva will be beaten this saturday.