Joe Biden seriously needs to watch this IGN video and learn something!! Do you believe Violent Video Games & Guns create killers?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vaeternus

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By FalconPuuunch

E. IGN = LOL

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Decoy Elite

Man, that video was really informative. Especially the part where it looked like a poll. 
Which is good, because that was all of the time.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vaeternus

So, obviously we all know recently there's been tons of topics relating to gun violence, video games being blamed but not so much elaborated on the "person" the "killer" inside people but are just quick to blame an outside cause or excuse as to why these people did so.

I stumbled upon this IGN video and I think it's really informative, of course these guys state a lot of the obvious that most already know but not necessarily agree.

As I'm sure you know Joe Biden(D) has recently gone hard after video games being "violent" being an issue as well as going after guns with the NRA etc

One thing I've noticed is those who blame violent games or guns right off the bad tend to ignore or forget is the people who kill people despite with guns or not or despite which games they play often have mental issues, bad upbringing, were trained to shoot guns.

The point of this video is this whole new trend of blaming "guns and violent games" for every crime or incidents is a cop out, plain and simple. I must say as arguably the biggest, craziest MK fanatic(one of the original games to cause the ESRB system back in 1993, hearings in 92 (thanks to Joe Libermann (D, now I) I have always thought this argument was nonsense. I've been playing games since they came out back with original Atari pong, NES, SNES all the way through now. I was playing MK in the arcades as a kid and still play it today and not once have I ever killed anyone, shot anyone or such. I also used to play Perfect Dark a ton before the Halo and COD days and Goldeneye which were violent too.

People don't want to take responsibility for their own actions but instead blame or ban something which inevitably will mean nothing. I think people need to come to grips with reality and be able to tell the difference between fantasy and reality. Another thing that always puzzled me, why don't these politicians who try to ban everything go after the movie industry? If anything(and I'm not saying I agree) but IF anything they would be worse having real people engage in violent activity then a mere video game with polygons...They have ratings as well, so do video games ever since the early 90's so why go after them?

Your thoughts? Do you agree with these guys or not?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vaeternus

@FalconPuuunch said:

E. IGN = LOL

Normally I agree, when it comes to certain reviews but still one guy brings up a ton of great points that nobody can argue.

@Decoy Elite said:

Man, that video was really informative. Especially the part where it looked like a poll. Which is good, because that was all of the time.

Poll? Didn't watch it did you? I'm sure you guys watched the video when it's 40 minutes long within minutes after I posted it? hmmm

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Vaeternus: It is my solemn duty to mock all poll OPs.   
And I watched before you posted it.  
I'm from the future. 
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vaeternus

@Decoy Elite said:

@Vaeternus: It is my solemn duty to mock all poll OPs.
And I watched before you posted it. I'm from the future.

Uh huh..lol

Oh you mean the topic poll? Well, to be honest I only made it for two reasons.

A. Because normally non-poll topics limit the title amount in questions

and

B. To see how smart people/gamers on this site are. ;)

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blood1991

I don't need a 40 minute video to tell me that video games cause or do not cause violence. Before video games they blamed music, before that comics, before that books, before that literacy. People have always used popular culture as a scape goat for there irresponsibility. We as a people need to make strides in catching mental illness in youths. Besides violence children face depression, and anxiety with no help in how to coax with their feelings. We ignore the internal problem and blame any and every external factor we can. It is ridiculous.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Like 99.5% of the people won't be affected in any way by a violent video game mentally.

.5% of the people who play violent video games (and who are obviously already crazy) is a maybe.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImmortalOne

No innocent person in their right mind would pick up a gun and start shooting people because they played a video game about it.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just played skyrim.... I feel like walking outside and shouting my friend off mount everest and then looting their body.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vaeternus

@Blood1991 said:

I don't need a 40 minute video to tell me that video games cause or do not cause violence. Before video games they blamed music, before that comics, before that books, before that literacy. People have always used popular culture as a scape goat for there irresponsibility. We as a people need to make strides in catching mental illness in youths. Besides violence children face depression, and anxiety with no help in how to coax with their feelings. We ignore the internal problem and blame any and every external factor we can. It is ridiculous.

Ok, well I admit it is a little long but I still believe the people like Biden should digest videos like this and like you said, why blaming an outside form of media be it a game, comic, movie, whatever is just a copout. I hear ya.

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Like 99.5% of the people won't be affected in any way by a violent video game mentally.

.5% of the people who play violent video games (and who are obviously already crazy) is a maybe.

Totally true. It's just shame you don't hear about the masses who play these games yet don't harm anyone.

@ImmortalOne said:

No innocent person in their right mind would pick up a gun and start shooting people because they played a video game about it.

Agreed. Or anyone with logic either would do that either. People do it sadly and try to get the "insanity" plea

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Joe Budden said what?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By ReVamp

@Vance Astro said:

Joe Budden said what?

The politician, not the rapper. lol.

Biden.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Zombie_

I think I've found a topic that annoys me more than gun control.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Strider1992

Oh my god I have a kill count on Call Of Duty that exceeds the hundreds and yet I haven't killed or even considered killing someone in real life!? SWEET JEEZUS! I must be the only person immune to getting turned into a serial killer by video games!!! I'm so god damn lucky!!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Strider92 said:

Oh my god I have a kill count on Call Of Duty that exceeds the hundreds and yet I haven't killed or even considered killing someone in real life!? SWEET JEEZUS! I must be the only person immune to getting turned into a serial killer by video games!!! I'm so god damn lucky!!!

My kill count on COD is 2 and I killed 40 people. I win.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Strider1992

@Vance Astro: I call hacks!

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

@Vance Astro said:

Joe Budden said what?

Biden.

=/

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By ReVamp

@_slim_ said:

@ReVamp said:

@Vance Astro said:

Joe Budden said what?

Biden.

=/

I've totally lost my touch. I apologize to the world.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Strider92 said:

@Vance Astro: I call hacks!

I got my first action replay and never turned back...
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Strider1992

@Vance Astro: At least tell me you didn't quickscope anyone!

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

@_slim_ said:

@ReVamp said:

@Vance Astro said:

Joe Budden said what?

Biden.

=/

I've totally lost my touch. I apologize to the world.

It's ok. We the world accept your apology.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vaeternus

@_Zombie_ said:

I think I've found a topic that annoys me more than gun control.

Well, nobody is holding a gun to your head to post ;)

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By _Zombie_

@Vaeternus: Nope, but it gets really damn annoying to see these topics every day. Especially when most of it is trying to attack video games, and not bad parenting.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vaeternus

@_Zombie_ said:

@Vaeternus: Nope, but it gets really damn annoying to see these topics every day. Especially when most of it is trying to attack video games, and not bad parenting.

Oh I think perhaps we misunderstood each other...

I thought you were bashing my topic because you feel games kill people...

I hear ya on the topics of late, but I merely posted it because I feel the same way you do. I'm tired of people and politicians bashing games, and not blame the parents or upbringing. The video I posted while 40 minutes, they cover that about the looney who shot up everyone in connecticut having mental issues, his mom helped him shoot guns etc but nobody mentions that, they just blame "guns and games" and nothing else...

So I agree with you dude ;)

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By _Zombie_

@Vaeternus: Nah. I'm just tired of people trying to blame video games for this. It's stupid as sht.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vaeternus

@_Zombie_ said:

@Vaeternus: Nah. I'm just tired of people trying to blame video games for this. It's stupid as sht.

Same here man. I usually don't go into these topics much less make them lol but lately like you said, been seeing "Violent video games and guns this, video games cause that"

It's like, ok I'm going to post a counter argument...lol since so many people are fast to blame something else. I agree it is stupid...

People were doing it back in the day during the MK, Doom era lol and still today. It's sad really..

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Strider92 said:

@Vance Astro: At least tell me you didn't quickscope anyone!

No, but I wall sniped a few. 
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vaeternus

Joe Budden lol just caught that now, lol that's funny.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

B.

Easily...