jknkjhnklhlkj

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#151  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@thecoolest said:

I agree, 99% of the debaters in this site (including very credible ones) agree that Thanos would win, if he proves that Superman>Thanos it's going to be a heck of a revolution on the vine.

I would think so too, although from where i stand even if he can bring feats from Superman to match Thanos strength, durability and energy projection, i still have problem seeing how he is going to address telepathy or matter manipulation.

Specially given new 52 Superman isnt one to blitz a character to begin with, nor does he have any nanosecond reaction time, an in character debate would rather, at this point, seem one sided.

But lets see what he has in store for me, i am guessing he does have a plan here else he would have stuck with H'el vs Thanos, rather than Superman.

Since this thread is obviously going nowhere, I figured I'd ask a question: What feat of Thanos would you compare Superman reading every medical text ever published/gaining 10 years of autodidactic medical training in 5 minutes?

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@buckshot:I think that you should wait for blazinghell to post, he hasn't been online since he posted this thread and we don't know him, he may have to work a lot and not to have time to comment very much in the vine.

I will avoid to make points for either character (unless blazinghell and killemall allow me) but I will just say that speed and flight are probably the single advantadges that Superman has.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@thecoolest: 3 full pages of nothing and I can't ask killemall a question? Please.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@buckshot said:

Since this thread is obviously going nowhere, I figured I'd ask a question: What feat of Thanos would you compare Superman reading every medical text ever published/gaining 10 years of autodidactic medical training in 5 minutes?

Its a reaction feat, Thanos would struggle to match that. I could say its lack of appearance but honest i dont think Thanos was ever meant to be that fast.

All we know of Thanos in form of reaction feat comes from 2 sources:

1. Thanos himself saying he increased his power including his reaction time and bio backing his statement from there on. All that actually says is he has enchanced reaction time, to what extent is of course unknown. I dont think we could fill in the gap to think he is anywhere close to as fast as Superman.

2. His whole history of fighting fast guys from Silver Surfer (whom not using speed makes sense), Fallen One, Eros , Captain Marvel etc.

Thanos however does have the ability to make up for it in terms of durability, or prevent from getting blitz with his shield.

Furthermore, its extremely out of character for Superman to start with a blitz, something i do not believe he has actually done in the new 52 title at all, apart from ramming into people at high speed.

Give Thanos ability to stop things with his TK (minor TK to be honest) as long as he can get through the initial blitz, he does have telepathy, matter maipulation etc to prevent him from such a fate. Worse come to worse, Thanos does have ability to teleport away, gaining a distance away from Superman should give him enough time to attack him with both TP or Matter Manipulation.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Killemall

@thecoolest: given that Blazing hasn't shown up yet any queries you have just shoot I will reply once I reach home.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@killemall said:

@buckshot said:

Its a reaction feat, Thanos would struggle to match that. I could say its lack of appearance but honest i dont think Thanos was ever meant to be that fast.

All we know of Thanos in form of reaction feat comes from 2 sources:

1. Thanos himself saying he increased his power including his reaction time and bio backing his statement from there on. All that actually says is he has enchanced reaction time, to what extent is of course unknown. I dont think we could fill in the gap to think he is anywhere close to as fast as Superman.

2. His whole history of fighting fast guys from Silver Surfer (whom not using speed makes sense), Fallen One, Eros , Captain Marvel etc.

Thanos however does have the ability to make up for it in terms of durability, or prevent from getting blitz with his shield.

Furthermore, its extremely out of character for Superman to start with a blitz, something i do not believe he has actually done in the new 52 title at all, apart from ramming into people at high speed.

Give Thanos ability to stop things with his TK (minor TK to be honest) as long as he can get through the initial blitz, he does have telepathy, matter maipulation etc to prevent him from such a fate. Worse come to worse, Thanos does have ability to teleport away, gaining a distance away from Superman should give him enough time to attack him with both TP or Matter Manipulation.

I wasn't getting into other aspects of the fight or how Thanos might make up for not having speed on Superman's level, just questioning the statement you made about speed. It's good that you're not going to make a claim about Thanos lacking speed feats because of his appearances since New 52 Superman has better speed feats with fewer appearances. I think you're also correct in saying that there's nothing to suggest he's anywhere close to as fast as Superman. Including a history of fighting fast guys when they aren't using their speed.

As an extra, while starting a fight with a blitz might not be SOP for Superman, he has done more than just ram someone with speed in a sort of bull rush fashion.

No Caption Provided

Getting off on a tangent though during Infinity, did Thanos use a force field, telepathy, telekinesis, independent teleportation, or matter manipulation at any point? How about in his origin? I think there was something in Avengers Assemble with telepathy, but what was the extent and context of that and what about the others? When was the last time he used these abilities? Sometimes I wonder what goes into people's considerations for which behaviors are "in character" and which aren't. If a character used to do something "a lot" but doesn't anymore, could their character be said to have changed? Would that be an outlandish concept since we're pretending these characters are real people anyway? Or do people prefer to hold a static concept of these characters in mind even though their use through time and portrayals under many writers would almost require something far more fluid? If this fight should so happen to start, don't worry, I'll get out of your hair, but I felt like rummaging through some thoughts.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Anyone who wants to debate me in a CAV, just PM me.

I'm thirsty and I need blood.

No Caption Provided

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By thecoolest
Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Hulkman123

@buckshot:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/superman-strength-contest-10159/?page=1

I am bringing up this thread because I would like to respectfully ask you what makes you think that Silver Surfer, Galactus, Classic Thor, Surtur and Thanos possess respectively 1,1; 20; 1,1; 5 and 1,6% of Superman's strenght?

PS : Sorry for driving this thread off-topic, I'm just curious.

That thread is clearly filled with fanboys. SS and Thor are about equal to Superman in strength, that is if SS doesn't amp his strength, Surtur and Galactus make Superman look like a joke and Thanos is above Superman in strength.

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecoolest said:

@buckshot:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/superman-strength-contest-10159/?page=1

I am bringing up this thread because I would like to respectfully ask you what makes you think that Silver Surfer, Galactus, Classic Thor, Surtur and Thanos possess respectively 1,1; 20; 1,1; 5 and 1,6% of Superman's strenght?

That thread is clearly filled with fanboys. SS and Thor are about equal to Superman in strength, that is if SS doesn't amp his strength, Surtur and Galactus make Superman look like a joke and Thanos is above Superman in strength.

I also thought that Surtur and Galactus were more powerful than Superman, that's why I asked buckshot the reasons for what he agrees with these numbers.

He also agreed with the creator that Superman Prime is 25 times stronger than an enhanced Galactus and that Power Girl is stronger than Darkseid.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Hulkman123

@hulkman123 said:

@thecoolest said:

I also thought that Surtur and Galactus were more powerful than Superman, that's why I asked buckshot the reasons for what he agrees with these numbers.

He also agreed with the creator that Superman Prime is 25 times stronger than an enhanced Galactus and that Power Girl is stronger than Darkseid.

lol

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkman123: Sorry, he actually said that SUPERGIRL, not power girl, is stronger than Darkseid and more than 40 times stronger than an amped up Silver Surfer.

He ranked even Mary Marvel way above Thanos. I hope Buckshot has some explanation for having agreed with a list like that.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecoolest said:

@hulkman123 said:

@thecoolest said:

lol

lol, he can't even beat SS and you say he is stronger than his father(Galan).

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never said that he is stronger than Galan @ghostrider2, learn how to read, please, I was quoting what the creator said that buckshot agreed with.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They haven't debated yet well in that case Supes wins by going super fast and vibrates through thanos pulling his brains out screw telekinesis

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@pope052 said:

Well, this thread is already flooded with posts before either posts from either debater has actually been posted.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

So, let me get this straight. After I ask Killemall questions about comments he made in this thread and about this thread, you tell me I should wait longer for blazinghell to show up, but then you turn around and ask me questions about comments I made 5 years ago, in another thread that has nothing to do with this one? If you want to talk to me about something so massively off topic, PM me.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to debate Buckshot in a CAV. I know I will get swatted around like nothing, but I want to be pushed to my limit to see where I stand in debating. So Buckshot do you accept? I've been starving for a one on one debate.

So again do you accept?

No Caption Provided

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot said:

1)So, let me get this straight. After I ask Killemall questions about comments he made in this thread and about this thread, you tell me I should wait longer for blazinghell to show up, but then you turn around and ask me questions about comments I made 5 years ago, in another thread that has nothing to do with this one? 2)If you want to talk to me about something so massively off topic, PM me.

1)Yes, because we are just spectators in this debate, pretty much everyone in this site knows that you can debate and make points, you are one of the most crdible debaters in this site, but we must let @killemall and @blazinghell to debate.

2)Alright, you are right, it's an old thread and everyone said a dumb thing once or twice, even you, so could you just tell me if you changed your mind or if you still agree with the creator's list? Because if you don't agree with it anymore I don't feel need to PM you.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@thecoolest: You seem to entirely miss the point. You suggested I not post because it would interfere with the thread but your posts have done far more to interfere with it than mine. Given that you can't follow clear and direct instructions though, I'm not surprised the irony is lost on you.

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Not particularly interested. You'd have to entice me with characters because just saying "I want to argue with you" seems a sort of silly thing in my opinion.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By spiderbuck1
Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in a Martian Manhunter vs Silver Surfer CaV with my friend if anyone wants to check it out.. He was giving me reasons why in person why surfer would win so I challenged him. If you wanna check it out

Here

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/anti-cav-iragexcudder-mm-vs-jamalski96-ss-1522964/#10

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally, the man of the hour has arrived.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blazinghell: Merry Christmas, glad you showed up. I've been anticipating this far too long

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#181  Edited By DeathandGrim

@blazinghell said:

@killemall: I just came back on. Took longer than I estimated and then I remembered this. I figure you would have an opening case by now but that's ok. I read over your concern as to why this would make no sense to you. I will address those concerns and establish in a general sense as to why Superman would actually win, then we can run with it from there. Stay tuned later tonight after I have my Christmas dinner. I'm a man of my word so you can expect my post somewhere around midnight. My own present to you and hopefully you have one for me. I would greatly appreciate that everyone would save their thoughts till the end. Thank you.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

HO HO HO

Why did I read this in a western voice?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By reaverlation

Yes he is here.Christmas will truly begin when this debate begins

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Interesting.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DatSwampertAzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DatSwampertAzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By DatSwampertAzz
kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

im trying to think how in the hel... i mean heck, is Super Man going to beat Thanos. if Superman wins this i dont know what i will do.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: Thats what I want to find out as well.

Avatar image for icametoaskquestions
Icametoaskquestions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#193  Edited By tomlikesfries

@blazinghell: Nice starter, definitely worth the wait :p

BTW, would you happen to know where the scan in which Flash is collecting the bullets is from?

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By hart7668

@tomlikesfries said:

@blazinghell: Nice starter, definitely worth the wait :p

BTW, would you happen to know where the scan in which Flash is collecting the bullets is from?

That is actually from a New 52 Captain Atom book (issue 3 or 4?) Fun Fact: Captain Atom is casually carrying on a convo with Flash here, also showing his cognitive speed.

But, what an opener.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

#196  Edited By tomlikesfries

@hart7668: Thanks for the reply, didn't know it was New 52 content. The scan looks really cool, but I've heard mainly bad things about that book.

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blazinghell: Excellent scans, now I will have to think about this fight that I always considered pretty unfair.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

That's a great opener and really plays on Superman's main strength here. Very well done.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668: Thanks for the reply, didn't know it was New 52 content. The scan looks really cool, but I've heard mainly bad things about that book.

Well, it only lasted....what, 6 issues? So, yeah :p

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers