#1 Posted by Walzo (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

Breaking news from Deadline:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/j-j-abrams-to-direct-new-star-wars-movie-for-disney/

Star Trek director J.J. Abrams will be helming the nextStar Wars movie. “It’s done deal with J.J.,” a source with knowledge of the situation told Deadline today.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30706 posts) - - Show Bio

-_-

#3 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

-_-

Someone's excited. :D
#4 Edited by Inverno (13246 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlikely. I think he denied himself his involvement with Star Wars. Besides he is already busy with Star Trek... I don't think he would have time to work with both at the same time.

#5 Posted by Inverno (13246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@JediXMan said:

-_-

Someone's excited. :D

LMAO.

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20318 posts) - - Show Bio

What...

#7 Posted by Walzo (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Unlikely. I think he denied himself his involvement with Star Wars. Besides he is already busy with Star Trek... I don't think he would have time to work with both at the same time.

Well, this states otherwise, and it's pretty solid considering every news place is now reporting it. The Wrap is reporting this too, and that's a solid news source.

#8 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Abrams as a Director, so hopefully it'll be good.

#9 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Better than that first rumor....Snyder sucks.

#10 Posted by Inverno (13246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walzo said:

@CaioTrubat said:

Well, this states otherwise, and it's pretty solid considering every news place is now reporting it. The Wrap is reporting this too, and that's a solid news source.

This smells wishful thinking if you ask me.

#11 Posted by Walzo (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@Walzo said:

@CaioTrubat said:

This smells wishful thinking if you ask me.

I think it's in stone now.

#12 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

This is fantastic news for the SW franchise, Star Trek (and did you see the Into Darkness trailer? WOW) alone is leagues better than anything Lucas has ever directed. Abrams is a big time director who can handle the epic and grand scale of Star Wars. Can't wait!

#13 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Expect to be blinded by light glares.

#14 Posted by Marksman (1364 posts) - - Show Bio

I am indifferent towards Abrams, as I haven't seen anything he's directed (outside of trailers). As such, this doesn't skew my opinion. I'm going to watch this when it comes out.

@Magethor said:

Expect to be blinded by light glares.

XD

#15 Posted by JediXMan (30706 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@JediXMan said:

-_-

Someone's excited. :D

Ecstatic.

<--- you can tell by the look on my face.

#16 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this will turn out well.

#17 Edited by SHAZAM117 (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great news for the future of STAR WARS! As long as they keep Lucas out of the drivers seat and let JJ do his thing, I think Ep VII is going to be really great. They already have a fantastic writer doing the script and now one of the best modern day sci-fi minds directing the film. From what I understand JJ is a huge fan of the franchise, which is another plus, so I suspect he won't disrespect the material we all know and have loved over the years. Abrams made Star Trek relevant again, imo STAR WARS will get the same treatment.

#18 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... I dunno...

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda with mixed feelings.

#20 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

"a source with knowledge of the situation", aka a random PA who might've worked on the set for Star Trek.

#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'm actually guessing this'll turn out to be fake.