#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

He wants to make a T.V. show where all forms of energy have vanished, anyone else see the inherent problem here?

#2 Posted by King Saturn (223812 posts) - - Show Bio
outside of the idea that all forms of energy suddenly vanishing... nah, I don't see a problem with it at all... 

:P
#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone needs to sit him down and explain that if all forms of energy vanished the entire universe would vanish with it

#4 Edited by King Saturn (223812 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

Someone needs to sit him down and explain that if all forms of energy vanished the entire universe would vanish with it

I am sure multiple people now have told him how stupid this TV idea is... someone would have had to by now.
#5 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

The statement probably wasn't meant to be taken literally...

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn: Prior to the current popularity of reality TV I would've been sure someone in Hollywood would be smart enough to see the problem but now I'm not so sure

#7 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4691 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

The statement probably wasn't meant to be taken literally...

#8 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

Forget about the fact that energy can't "vanish" or that humans are made of energy too, what we really need to ask ourselves is will J.J Abrams be using lens flare? THAT is the big question. 

#9 Posted by _Zombie_ (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

Fool, don't you know anything about science?!

#10 Posted by mikethekiller (8309 posts) - - Show Bio

A show about nothing?

#11 Posted by spystreak (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

so basically it would be 30 minutes of white screen I think what he means is energy resources though like electricity,solar gas etc

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller said:

A show about nothing?

Seinfeld 2.0!

#13 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@spystreak: That's probably it. Abrams bases too many of his productions on some form of realism.

Edit: Cut that; he's more Modernist.

#14 Posted by SuperTide (15600 posts) - - Show Bio

The last episode of Lost confused me.
#15 Posted by JediXMan (29545 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be pretty awesome. Picture a black screen with commercial breaks.

#16 Posted by Battlepig (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly? I'd watch the show. Because by "all energy", I would wager that he means that humanity has lost use of all electricity and maybe gasoline. So we suddenly have humans be cavemen again. But knowing the way TV shows, especially Abrams', go these days, there will be a bunch of people who have planes and cars and juice from the first episode on and we'll be pondering how they managed to get them. Still, I'll be watching.

#17 Posted by SuperTide (15600 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked chemistry.