mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@RumbleMan_Exe said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

touchy subject, always massive anger on one or two sides and thread derail into philosophy debate

we don't need that

Its only religion,I dont see why it should not be discussed just because some people get angry over it.

I mean is this thread supposed to be about philosophy or about Superman vs Jesus. ?

RumbleMan_Exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By RumbleMan_Exe

@mrdecepticonleader: Not superman vs jesus bro, sometimes in threads whenever a character with a slight semblance to religion get mentioned people get hissy about it. Then they debate, then they flame... and people say superman vs goku is bad. Since when religion is involved more people would huddle in, then people send threat pm's and whatnot.

@Matchstick: now anime/manga guys learn their lesson, but religion guys haven't

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RumbleMan_Exe said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Not superman vs jesus bro, sometimes in threads whenever a character with a slight semblance to religion get mentioned people get hissy about it. Then they debate, then they flame... and people say superman vs goku is bad. Since when religion is involved more people would huddle in, then people send threat pm's and whatnot.

@Matchstick: now anime/manga guys learn their lesson, but religion guys haven't

I thought anime vs comic battles where allowed now,and that it wasn't the same reasons as to why stuff like this might not be.And if this is not a battle then why is not allowed?

It is peoples responsibility to not over react to threads like this.There are plenty of battle threads and other threads that get pretty heated but I see no one petitioning to get those locked.I dont see why this thread should be any different.

RumbleMan_Exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By RumbleMan_Exe

@mrdecepticonleader:

Comic/Anime the problems are spams (same chars) and trolls .Plus they get banned and unbanned time after time, Religion is ... well ... yeah

Responsibility is just a word until others take action

( I am referring to religion vs. threads in general)

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RumbleMan_Exe said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Comic/Anime the problems are spams (same chars) and trolls .Plus they get banned and unbanned time after time, Religion is ... well ... yeah

Responsibility is just a word until others take action

( I am referring to religion vs. threads in general)

So if you are referring to religion vs threads in general then are you referring to this one? Since you said this is not one of those.

Others take action to notice that religion is no different to anything else and does not deserve any higher respect just because it is religion.I see alot of threads in general not just battles that get heated such as threads about politics,this is in the off topic section where these kinds of things should be allowed to be discussed.As I said to another poster who made a thread complaining about the battle forums,if you dont like them dont post.

RumbleMan_Exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By RumbleMan_Exe

@mrdecepticonleader:

But if you ignore things then they will continue on

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By satyrgod
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Jesus was both a man and the son of God. But he was only mortal at the time of his crucifixion. Once he was resurrected though, he became more than man. He sort of joined with the Holy Spirit to become something completely different (best example: Gandalf's transformation into Gandalf the White.)

While it may be funny to think of him as powerful, in Dante's Inferno, when Jesus died, he descended into Hell and caused a massive rupture to split the caverns and levels of Hell in half. He broke down the doors of the underworld city without touching them and rescued Adam and Eve before ascending into Heaven. The damage done in that moment has not been reversed; Hell is physically in ruin from the entrance of Jesus Christ.

Superman is strong, but his strength can only be see physically (example, breaking planets). I highly doubt he'd last long in Hell, where even the two-faced (according to Dante, he hated the independents, or the ones who would never take sides and never stood up to say something) scream for forgiveness.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

@King Saturn:

Death can't be destroyed since it was punishment given to Adam and Eve and their descendants for eating the forbidden fruit. Knowledge came at a terrible price where the bubble they lived in was destroyed and became aware of what they where.

However, Jesus himself is stated in Revelation to battle Death and Satan at the end of all time for the salvation of every soul that lives, will live or has died. Only then will Death itself be destroyed.

Even prayers said in churches (Catholic specifically) mention aspects of Revelation and the final events.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By King_Saturn
@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@King Saturn:

Death can't be destroyed since it was punishment given to Adam and Eve and their descendants for eating the forbidden fruit. Knowledge came at a terrible price where the bubble they lived in was destroyed and became aware of what they where.

However, Jesus himself is stated in Revelation to battle Death and Satan at the end of all time for the salvation of every soul that lives, will live or has died. Only then will Death itself be destroyed.

Even prayers said in churches (Catholic specifically) mention aspects of Revelation and the final events.

I know... I had been stated this several times.
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By lagoon_boy

@Vaeternus said:

That was covered in the Superman DVD background but I just think there's some similarities based off of Jesus but definitely not the same. For one, Jesus is one with God and not an Alien so lol. Honestly, overall I don't see how they're similar. Superman is cool and all, but Jesus is Jesus.

Amen.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By satyrgod

Ahh, the naive and their fairytales...

So Jesus (whom we know to have existed solely because it's in the bible) was only human when being a god is inconvenient for the story and he fractured hell because Dante said so. Well, there is no rational argument when discussing faith. Please remember, different people believe all manner of different concepts and principles.

However, on topic, with what we are told of Jesus, his followers at the time of his assumed life and death didn't conceive of anything like Superman; their tales spoke of a leader (assumed warrior) who would deliver them from the tyranny of Roman occupation, not the sundering of planets and the defeat of monstrous aliens. The story of Jesus's origin was later retconned when the man failed to deliver that freedom; suddenly the "king of the jews", as he was referred to by his Roman captors, had a kingdom of heaven rather than earth, another convenient sub-text.

But Superman? Why would he be any less powerful in a hellish alternate reality? Now, traveling through alternate dimensions may prove problematic for the man of steel...

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By satyrgod

Somewhat off-topic, it may be worth stating that Thor is the son of the Sky-Father and Earth-Mother; Heaven and Earth, and has always been a god. Unlike some versions of Jesus, Thor never had to "become" godly. He did, however, grow as a living being. Some people may think of Thor as a fictitious comic book character but for others, all gods are no less than alternate faces of the unknowable.

Avatar image for thenooseisloose
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose

Even just as a fable Jesus is kind of c**ty.

Jesus gave humanity a loan that they didn't even ask for and now he's killing them with the interest.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There's likely non-existent reason to bump this. *roll eyes*.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jeez bro, I can't repl to something? wasnt asking u to say anything.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@antebellum said:

Yes you can, is just that you bumped a Comic Book vs Religion thread with no reason, and this honestly drag flame war mostly because it can be offensive.

Neither I did ask anything to you either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haikyuu444 said:
@antebellum said:

Yes you can, is just that you bumped a Comic Book vs Religion thread with no reason, and this honestly drag flame war mostly because it can be offensive.

Neither I did ask anything to you either.

ok yh, true, this is knda off-topic for comic vine, latere then dude!

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They're the same person.

Kinginrags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus solos your fodder verse.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy...you know how these kind of threads fare on the vine.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bb7e1cbf273
deactivated-60bb7e1cbf273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has better morals.

Avatar image for deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778
deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ is real. Superman is not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except the first one i quoted is only if he's not joking.

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orale.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points