• 115 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

That was covered in the Superman DVD background but I just think there's some similarities based off of Jesus but definitely not the same. For one, Jesus is one with God and not an Alien so lol. Honestly, overall I don't see how they're similar. Superman is cool and all, but Jesus is Jesus.

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I shouldn't be laughing but "Click anywhere to read the full devotion!!!" made me bust a gut.

#3 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

I shouldn't be laughing but "Click anywhere to read the full devotion!!!" made me bust a gut.

Me too XD

#4 Posted by CrimsonCake (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

That was covered in the Superman DVD background but I just think there's some similarities based off of Jesus but definitely not the same. For one, Jesus is one with God and not an Alien so lol. Honestly, overall I don't see how they're similar. Superman is cool and all, but Jesus is Jesus.

Jesus is also a reality warper but not as strong as Jehova.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32872 posts) - - Show Bio

umm Me>>Jesus>>Superman

Online
#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, man. Winning a round against Satan is something, but Superman can beat Darkseid...

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32872 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

LLLLOL

Online
#9 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Well Jesus in terms of his essence is greater than Superman... but if Superman managed to punch Jesus... The King of The Jews would go flying out of the Atmosphere. 
:P
#10 Posted by PlasticBag (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

Well Jesus in terms of his essence is greater than Superman... but if Superman managed to punch Jesus... The King of The Jews would go flying out of the Atmosphere.
:P

I thought Jesus was so much more stronger!

#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus loves me,

He loves me a bunch.

'Cause he always puts Skippy's

In my lunch

c:

#12 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
@PlasticBag said:

@King Saturn said:

Well Jesus in terms of his essence is greater than Superman... but if Superman managed to punch Jesus... The King of The Jews would go flying out of the Atmosphere.
:P

I thought Jesus was so much more stronger!

Jesus did not have any Super Strength Feats... Most of his stuff is like Reality Warping or Divine Powers... 

#13 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@Vaeternus said:

That was covered in the Superman DVD background but I just think there's some similarities based off of Jesus but definitely not the same. For one, Jesus is one with God and not an Alien so lol. Honestly, overall I don't see how they're similar. Superman is cool and all, but Jesus is Jesus.

Jesus is also a reality warper but not as strong as Jehova.

Well, once he becomes one with God(Jehova)

#14 Posted by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow guys, thanks for the comments!! I really didn't think I'd get any lol...

They were pretty good comments too, and if you did disagree, thanks for being gentle =)

As I messaged Plastic Bag and King Saturn, Superman could have probably beat the crap out of the Man Jesus. But, Jesus could have probably just walked through his fist (like walking through the crowd that wanted to stone him) leaving him dismayed and confused.

#15 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !

#16 Posted by Lvenger (18462 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Lol that's brilliant! I can always count on Silver Age Superman to make me laugh!

#17 Posted by YoungJustice (6684 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no...........this is going to really bad really quick.

#18 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

Oh no...........this is going to really bad really quick.

Why?

#19 Posted by Jean199999 (544 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus is basically a nerf healer with DK powers, Supers stomps.

#20 Posted by Relentless1 (233 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus stomps all Marvel, DC, Capcom, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z characters within 0.000001 seconds all by himself. You people underestimate the power of my God. For those guys who said Superman wins, all of you: GO TO HELL!!!

#21 Posted by MarvelAvengersAlliance10 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

Any of the religion gods (Jesus Christ, Yahweh, Allah, Brahman, Buddha, and more) are infinity times more powerful than any Marvel, DC, Dragon Ball Z, Capcom, and other fictional companies.

#22 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did you make this thread....?

#23 Posted by cameron83 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarvelAvengersAlliance10: @Relentless1:

As much as I salute you guys,people may laugh at you,because as you know,

jesus is not as popular today as he use to be.I am a christian as well,and you guys might be joking,but threads involving at least of portion of something religious go down in flames pretty quickly

Online
#24 Posted by Icon (2054 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm no christian so for me Superman > Jesus. Seriously though, this is stupid. x]

#25 Posted by RetardedMonkey (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icon said:

Well I'm no christian so for me Superman > Jesus. Seriously though, this is stupid. x]

Don't underestimate the power of my God. Jesus Christ alone would solo the entire fictional universe easily within seconds, even if He's crucified, it doesn't mean that He already lost, He won and destroyed death. Resurrecting He restored our lives.

#26 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

By Christian Standards:

Jesus = Word, Word = God so yeah Jesus is omnipotent and trumps Supes. His human self might get a loss via KO or "death" but he'd still win over Superman over time.

By Comic Standards:

Image Jesus is MoM and is greater than "god". He owns Superman bigtime.

Marvel or DC Jesus I have no idea.

#27 Posted by MarvelAvengersAlliance10 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: I don't care if we're being laughed at because Jesus Christ taught us to love our enemies and this is no joke.

#28 Posted by cameron83 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarvelAvengersAlliance10: yea,but sometimes you just have to ignore things like this.When people say superman is equal to or greater than jesus,you gotta know that it's just one of those meme things.Even if it was made by an atheist (just know not all atheists are bad,so I don't want to make it seem like i hate atheists) who said that god didn't exist or whatever,you kinda have to ignore it.Let them have their thoughts and you have yours....It's kinda complicated!

Still,I am not against you,just telling you to brace yourself

Online
#29 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@Relentless1 said:

Jesus stomps all Marvel, DC, Capcom, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z characters within 0.000001 seconds all by himself. You people underestimate the power of my God. For those guys who said Superman wins, all of you: GO TO HELL!!!

Such a Christian attitude, eh? So where in the Bible does it say you have to be self-righteous and judgmental to be saved? Hmmmmm...

#30 Posted by cameron83 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarvelAvengersAlliance10: Like that guy who just said he didn't believe in god,so to him superman is better...That is kinda what I am talking about. I am definitely not saying this in a bad way,but you kinda have to leave them so they can leave you.

Online
#31 Posted by cameron83 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@Relentless1: that's kinda following the (false) stereotype a bit,but see how I said brace for impact

Online
#32 Posted by MarvelAvengersAlliance10 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: OK I'll just ignore them

#33 Posted by cameron83 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@RetardedMonkey: But in standing up for you,I can see your passion.You are justified in your own way,because people have flaming passion for many things,and when you have your own passion involving your religion,people mock and laugh at you.When it comes to everyone else,they are justified in their own way,when it comes to religion,it's seen as a joke.I know that not everyone shares the same religion as us,or not everyone will have the same religion,but there is absolutely no respect for religion (in general) or respect for any of the rights when it comes to the subject.It seems that the people who scream "human rights" forget that human rights apply to all.This is sorta putting it lightly

Online
#34 Posted by _Psy_ (3388 posts) - - Show Bio

*Insert "Your God promised to rid the world of Evil, our God promised to rid the world of Frost Giants: I don't see any Frost Giants around" picture*

#35 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus Stomps Clark.

#36 Posted by cameron83 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Punk_: LOL,this reminds me of a picture I saw

Online
#37 Posted by Icon (2054 posts) - - Show Bio

@RetardedMonkey said:

@Icon said:

Well I'm no christian so for me Superman > Jesus. Seriously though, this is stupid. x]

Don't underestimate the power of my God. Jesus Christ alone would solo the entire fictional universe easily within seconds, even if He's crucified, it doesn't mean that He already lost, He won and destroyed death. Resurrecting He restored our lives.

Are you for real? If not and this is a joke then I apologize. If you're serious though, then I have to ask: Is your faith so weak and shallow you have to validate it by saying your god could kill or defeat any fictional hero from entertainment? Please tell me you see how juvenile and silly that is.

I hope I am not the only one who sees the absurdity in a christian asking other christians to agree with him that his god is stronger than Superman. So again, this is stupid.

#38 Posted by Wonderbrezzy (221 posts) - - Show Bio
@Relentless1@RetardedMonkey: God is happy with u both, U know the Truth  Superman Bows Down  To christ! 
@comicvine 
when marvel  DC  and  all  fictionstuff  fades  Christ will still be left, and if we go fictional  Christ  can nullify they powers before they think or do anything or make it to where  they'er Powers have no effect no matter what, think  When Dark sied used the Infinity Gauntlet and it didnt work, thats how all characters powers  feats and abilities would stand before God and christ....Christ Wins with no effort, if he vulnerablizes himself like he did dying on the Cross  he will still win, his death will null all powers unseen, and he'll resurrect again lol  they just cant win!
#39 Posted by jloneblackheart (5499 posts) - - Show Bio

There is so much irony in here.

Moderator
#40 Posted by RetardedMonkey (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icon said:

@RetardedMonkey said:

@Icon said:

Well I'm no christian so for me Superman > Jesus. Seriously though, this is stupid. x]

Don't underestimate the power of my God. Jesus Christ alone would solo the entire fictional universe easily within seconds, even if He's crucified, it doesn't mean that He already lost, He won and destroyed death. Resurrecting He restored our lives.

Are you for real? If not and this is a joke then I apologize. If you're serious though, then I have to ask: Is your faith so weak and shallow you have to validate it by saying your god could kill or defeat any fictional hero from entertainment? Please tell me you see how juvenile and silly that is.

I hope I am not the only one who sees the absurdity in a christian asking other christians to agree with him that his god is stronger than Superman. So again, this is stupid.

This is for real and I'm serious. And my faith is so strong I do worship God as our Savior, teacher, the King, and a loving Father.

#41 Posted by satyrgod (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

One is invulnerable and the other supposedly was tortured and killed horrifically.

One often flies under his one power while the other may only ascend with the aid of a deity.

One has a weakness for kryptonite and magic, yet the other is magic with a weakness involving nails and a hammer.

Either could be worshipped yet only one is irrefutably beyond ordinary humans.

Both are considered fictitious until proven otherwise within reasonable doubt.

#42 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I feel some of the comments here are just siding with Supes due to their utter opposition with religion?

#43 Edited by Relentless1 (233 posts) - - Show Bio

@satyrgod: Excuse me.

Jesus Christ died because He saved us humans and He destroyed death. During His resurrection, He restored our life.

He isn't aided by a deity. Jesus Christ Himself is a powerful deity who is our Savior and teacher, and who proclaim the Good News

Jesus Christ has no weakness. He is the Christian people's strength

Superman is atheists' and anti-Christs' god, while Jesus Christ is our (Christians) God.

#44 Posted by MarvelAvengersAlliance10 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Those people siding with Superman are anti-Christs. Jesus Christ is the real Savior, while Superman is a fictional Savior.

#45 Posted by _Psy_ (3388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Relentless1: @MarvelAvengersAlliance10: OMG  you two are just hilarious. This is a freaking joke. I'm sure Jesus is laughing about this. A sense of humor is valuable thing to have. 
 
Can I assume you two are planning some hate comments too?
#46 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarvelAvengersAlliance10 said:

@ssejllenrad: Those people siding with Superman are anti-Christs. Jesus Christ is the real Savior, while Superman is a fictional Savior.

Ummm... Ok... I think we should practice tolerance on all sides, don't you think? You are just being a bigot now. If people don't accept Christ as the Messiah, I think you should reserve judgement against them. Luke 6:37 anyone? Salvation is between God (if he exists) and the person and it is no ones job to conclude the satological end of anyone.

Ok, back on topic. I'm not a Christian yet still believe that the Jesus of the Bible (and of his some incarnations in the comics) would own Superman. My problem is some people dismiss Jesus off only because they hate the notion of faith/religion and not by the showings of power. The partial judgement is ridiculous. We always hear about him dying on the cross and so he is no match to a high-strength, high-durability, high-speed being. Yet they omit the fact that the same Jesus (if taken from the same source, whether or not they see it as real or myth) has high-end reality manipulation powers that would shame the powers of Superman.

#47 Edited by satyrgod (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Relentless1 said: "Jesus Christ died because He saved us humans and He destroyed death. During His resurrection, He restored our life.

He isn't aided by a deity. Jesus Christ Himself is a powerful deity who is our Savior and teacher, and who proclaim the Good News

Jesus Christ has no weakness. He is the Christian people's strength

Superman is atheists' and anti-Christs' god, while Jesus Christ is our (Christians) God."

I find your senseless prosthelytizing both condescending and highly offensive. Believe whatever you like, but kindly refrain from preaching to those who choose to believe differently.

#48 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
@satyrgod said:

@Relentless1 said: Jesus Christ died because He saved us humans and He destroyed death. During His resurrection, He restored our life.

He isn't aided by a deity. Jesus Christ Himself is a powerful deity who is our Savior and teacher, and who proclaim the Good News

Jesus Christ has no weakness. He is the Christian people's strength

Superman is atheists' and anti-Christs' god, while Jesus Christ is our (Christians) God.

I find your senseless prosthelytizing both condescending and highly offensive. Believe whatever you like, but kindly refrain from preaching to those who choose to believe differently.

Jesus did not destroy Death... he overcame it supposedly.  
Though if you notice in our world, Death is very much still active... 
#49 Posted by Wonderbrezzy (221 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: Christ defeated Death, he can Resurrect anybody at  any time and  their have been reports all throughout the world since his accention to heaven, of resurrection!  He beat death, and at the appointed time Death will be no more in this World! Something Superman can not do
#50 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is hilarious.