• 83 results
#1 Edited by GoldenStar66 (661 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think of them? Have you ever had a visit from one? Is anyone on here one?

#2 Posted by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a Jehovah Witness. I really hope no haters come.

#3 Posted by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and to those who don't want us coming to your door just tell them you want to be put on the Do Not Call List

#4 Edited by Aronmorales (9520 posts) - - Show Bio

They're human beings and ought to be treated as such.

#5 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@616vulture: It always amazes me how many people don't realize there is a do not bother list that you can ask to be put on. I personally always find it entertaining to talk to them though, however they won't be convincing me to become a convert any time soon (if any time at all).

#6 Edited by pooty (11437 posts) - - Show Bio

I have family that are Jehovah Witness. They use a stricter more literal interpretation of the Bible then most other religions which I like. I don't agree with disfellowshipping or how they prefer to punish members themselves instead of telling police. But overall they are my favorite religion

#7 Posted by AssertingValor (5396 posts) - - Show Bio

They tried to come in my house to talk to me when i was like 11 and home alone. I told them go away ha

#8 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18965 posts) - - Show Bio

What are those?

#9 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18456 posts) - - Show Bio

I am one.

:D

#10 Posted by TheWolverine04 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

Jehovah Witness would be more successful if they brought cookies. Bring me cookies and I'll listen to just about anything you have to say.

#11 Edited by PokemonDefender (237 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

What are those?

Like Christians, but with a screwed up view of Jesus and generally annoying. (no offence)

#12 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18965 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

What are those?

Like Christians, but with a screwed up view of Jesus and generally annoying. (no offence)

Hmm.. ok. Not a lot of them around here, apparently..

#13 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they the ones who think random people are Jesus?

#14 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Outside_85 (9650 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't had any visit from them... but I would be as irritated by their visit as I've been each time representatives from the Momon church I lived next came around because I have little to no patience with people who try to sell me stuff at the front door.

Other than that, they are fine, silly, but fine.

#16 Posted by XImpossibruX (5180 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewolverine04 said:

Jehovah Witness would be more successful if they brought cookies. Bring me cookies and I'll listen to just about anything you have to say.

This

If they brought cookies to my door, I would actually listen to them past 5 seconds.

#17 Posted by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by cameron83 (7566 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18456 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

I am one.

:D

Not sure if serious.....

Anyone who has seen my posts on religion related threads will sure if I am or not.

;)

#20 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18456 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by dondave (38640 posts) - - Show Bio

I pretend I'm not at home

#22 Edited by pooty (11437 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

What are those?

What is screwed up about their view of Jesus?

#23 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: me too (Joker Laugh commence)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.....hope Jokergiest doesn't see this as he already caught me once.

#24 Posted by cameron83 (7566 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18456 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, only got visited by them once and they got that we weren't gonna buy what they were selling so they left pretty quickly. Pretty polite kinda like the few Mormons I've run into. Long as they don't get pushy about converting people I say leave 'em be.

#27 Posted by Delphic (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never really gave them much thought, but I do have a cousin who answered their knock at the door once whilst being stark naked.

#28 Posted by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: We don't sell things we give it for free. Just Sayin.

#29 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@616vulture: I was just using the phrase in a more slangish way. Sorry if it came out as offensive.

#30 Posted by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: No it wasn't offensive. I just though that you meant we were trying to sell it.

#31 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@616vulture: Alright, well I didn't so no worries. :)

#32 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@616vulture:

Yes I know you think Jesus is the son of God but I remember seeing bumper stickers and posters saying "Jesus among us" and it shows a picture of a random guy that looks like Jesus. I must've got mixed up with something else. I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way. When I saw "witnesses" it made me think of the posters and stuff about seeing Jesus.

#33 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18456 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by joshmightbe (24967 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I once told a few Jehovah's Witnesses that I couldn't listen to their pitch because I worshiped the Undertaker. Apparently the mere thought of worshiping a pro wrestler threw them off. My Grandpa specially trained his dog to screw with them in a pretty entertaining manner that was probably awful behavior in retrospect, the dog would let them up to the door but wouldn't let them back off the porch. Most of the time my Grandpa would take pity and come out and move the dog after 10 minutes or so.

#36 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6362 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by longbowhunter (7349 posts) - - Show Bio

They're no worse than any other bible pushers.

#38 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18456 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I once told a few Jehovah's Witnesses that I couldn't listen to their pitch because I worshiped the Undertaker. Apparently the mere thought of worshiping a pro wrestler threw them off. My Grandpa specially trained his dog to screw with them in a pretty entertaining manner that was probably awful behavior in retrospect, the dog would let them up to the door but wouldn't let them back off the porch. Most of the time my Grandpa would take pity and come out and move the dog after 10 minutes or so.

Ha ha. That is cruel but funny.

#39 Posted by cameron83 (7566 posts) - - Show Bio

They're no worse than any other bible pushers.

I wouldn't really call them "bible pushers"....

but by "bible pushers",what do you mean?

#40 Posted by longbowhunter (7349 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by cameron83 (7566 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

@cameron83: People who solicit religion.

But can't you just go on some sort of "leave me alone" list as said above?

I'm not a witness,so I don't really know....

#42 Posted by longbowhunter (7349 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: I'm not even speaking personally. What I'm saying is Jehovah's Witnesses are not any more annoying than the Mormons on their bikes or the Baptists across the street who knock on my door. I don't know anything about a list. But I have told the church across the street my family and I are atheists and they still put flyers on my door.

#43 Posted by cameron83 (7566 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: I'm not even speaking personally. What I'm saying is Jehovah's Witnesses are not any more annoying than the Mormons on their bikes or the Baptists across the street who knock on my door. I don't know anything about a list. But I have told the church across the street my family and I are atheists and they still put flyers on my door.

Meh. I guess fair enough,then....

#44 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

On a scale of 1 to 10 with Aum Shinrikyo at 10, Nazis at 9, The Inquisition at 8, Modern Terrorists at 7, The original spreader of Buddhism at 6, Crusades at 5, The various Book burning groups at 4, The Phelps and Salem Witch burnings at 3, Crazy fundamentalists at 2, Normal crazy theists at 1... I rank the JWs at a 2... but a high 2... fundamentalists of other sects are generally less crappy than normal JWs in a lot of ways...

#45 Posted by MatKrenz (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

Last time Jehovah Witnesses came to my door they asked where religion would be in the future and I told them people would eventually stop praying and forget about it. But next time they come and ask that same question Ill run up to my comic collection, get the first Transmetropolitan trade and show them issue #6, the one where Spider and Channon go to the religion convention, where anybody can make up any crazy crap they want.

#46 Edited by russellmania77 (15705 posts) - - Show Bio

dont know much and not really interested but ya i had one of em talk to me for a min

#47 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no problem with the religion itself but going door to door to preach your beliefs to them, possibly interrupting them from something they were doing, is rude. Going door to door to preach anything is rude in my opinion. Even if your preaching something like nude women and free beer, still rude to go up to my door with no notice and bother me.

As for there being a "do not bother list", I had no knowledge of this. Is there some kind of phrasing you have to use exactly? Because I've tried the whole "thanks but leave me alone" route. Do I have to add "forever" at the end of it? Because that seems kind of rude, but hey if it gets people to stop bothering me all add it. Beats my whole get on the roof and shoot flaming arrows idea.

#48 Edited by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by God_Spawn (38138 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't had any visit me, but if they had a habit of doing so, I'd answer the door with 666 written on my forehead.

#50 Posted by pooty (11437 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: Is there some kind of phrasing you have to use exactly?

Make sure you are speaking to an ADULT but say this exactly.:

Put my address on your do not work list.