Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

The Dark Knight Rises

"Let the games begin!"

Saw Batman Begins. Saw the Dark Knight. Then, finally, I saw the Dark Knight Rises – yes, I bought Marathon tickets. Thankfully, I had a very good crowd to watch the movies with. Now, you get my opinion.

Before I get to my review, I want to say one thing: My hearts and prayers go out to those that were killed and the people who were injured in the Colorado shooting, as well as their families.

The review:

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

It has been eight years since the Joker’s reign of terror and Harvey Dent’s mental breakdown. Cops have been chasing the Dark Knight, believing him to be Harvey’s killer. Bruce gives up the cape and cowl, becoming a recluse in his mansion, never seeing the light of day. One day, however, he comes out, to see that his company is going under, and a threat bigger than any before is coming to Gotham. And so, our lame vigilante puts on a leg brace, and goes out to confront his newest, deadliest foe: Bane.

Before I go too far, let me just say that my complaints don’t mean that I disliked the movie. I just want to say those first, okay? Calm down, breathe slowly….

But there were problems I had. Starting with…

Batman’s disappearance. I know this is a minor gripe, but it did bother me. I don’t like that the night of Harvey’s death is the last time the Batman is seen. I had images of him being hunted down by GCPD between the films. I would have liked to see that a bit, or have it hinted out.

The movie felt really, really fast for the first thirty minutes. I thought that too much was happening at too fast a pace. Not only was it hard for us to get to know these new characters, but hard for the characters to know each other. Just too fast.

This is probably my biggest problem: the bomb. It just annoyed me. I did not think that it was necessary. I would have liked to see Bane just take complete control of Gotham and its people, and tear it apart – No Man’s Land style. Which, yeah, we got. But the bomb just seemed to make the plot stop. It made almost everything Bane was doing completely pointless. It would have been better, for me, if the bomb wasn’t in the movie at all.

It also irritated me how many people knew he was Batman. There were just so many. Many of the others I could buy, but I didn’t like that Blake figured it out. But then again… well see my commentary on John Blake below.

I thought that the overall plot of the movie took too much from Batman Begins and Dark Knight. They did the whole Ra’s al Ghul thing already! Yes, fine, I know the literary concept of “my beginning if my end,” but I reject that idea. It is not necessary. Bane also took some of the pure chaos from Joker’s scheme – though in this case, it was more… controlled chaos, I suppose. But it took the idea of destroying Gotham’s soul.

The back breaking scene. Horrible.

Yeah it... it wasn't that... just saying...
Yeah it... it wasn't that... just saying...

Yes, I said it. I didn’t like the back breaking scene. It was extremely anti-climactic and poorly done. He kinda just picked him up and tossed him on his knee. I wanted to see Batman broken over his knee, not just casually tossed onto it. Not asking for slow-mo, but I wanted to see Bane savor the act – to hold him over his head in triumph, and break Bruce over his knee, holding him like that for a second to relish it. This, for me, was a real letdown.

The ending was rather nice. I liked the implication that Blake becomes the new vigilante of Gotham – whether a new Batman or as Nightwing-lite, I don’t know. But it did indeed live up to Nolan’s premise that the Batman is an idea. And I liked it that Alfred saw Bruce, happy, with Selina (… even though their relationship was extremely rushed. So subtle it happened before I even noticed…). I am okay with a happy ending.

Small comment: Scarecrow’s appearances were great. I laughed as soon as I saw him. He was great. Only wish we saw the mask; perhaps behind him or on the desk.

I hear a lot of people complain about Bane’s motives. “Oh but now he’s following Talia because he loves her, not Ra’s!” Well here’s my answer: What makes more sense – following the desires of a dead man who failed and exiled you, or following the wishes of someone who loves you and you have cared for throughout her childhood? I’m sorry but the former doesn’t make a whole lot of sense when you boil it down. What I will say, however, is that Talia’s “relationship” with Bruce (a one-night stand isn’t a relationship, Brucey) was extremely forced. There was extremely little build up. It looked exactly like what I just implied it was.

Now the individual characters:

John Blake. The character grew on me, and I liked what happened to him. But I would have liked to see his name be Jason Todd. Why not Dick Grayson? I don’t know. I just feel like Jason would have worked, considering the orphan thing. But then again, he is kind of a combination of all the Robins: he has the loyalty and fervor of Dick Grayson, some of the backstory and a little bit of the fighting of Jason Todd, and the detective skills of Tim Drake. So, perhaps, it did make sense that he figured out who Bruce was.

... well done.
... well done.

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. This was my biggest fear. I was really uncertain; I honestly did not think she could do it. But she surprised me and surpassed my expectations. She was a great Selina Kyle – the bar scene was especially good. Would have been nice to see her wield a whip, but still well done, all things considered.

Tom Hardy as Bane. What did I like, and what didn’t I like? Honestly… eh… the voice kinda irritated me. It’s just not how I think Bane should be. Did he do the part well? Yes, definitely. But the voice didn’t sound right and seemed a bit loud, not merging well with the background scenes. He also wasn’t quite as physically imposing as I thought he should be. He had the skills, but not the brute strength. It came across as pure rage, not brawn. But it was done well.

Talia. I just want to say that I cheered for joy when they revealed her identity. I was hoping she was Talia, and I was nervous. I was nervous and downright annoyed that they were implying that Bane was Ra’s Al Ghul’s son. But Talia, the daughter of the Demon’s Head? Okay, I’m good with that. The revelation was timed and executed well. Worst part was her death… HA HA HA HA! That was hilarious… And there is that slight possibility that Damian is out there (had sex, five months later… hey, who knows?).

Special effects were, as per Nolan, very nice to look at. I find it rather odd, however, that they chose to use New York City as the backdrop, rather than Chicago, as they have for the previous movies. If it were NYC before, fine. But it looks completely different from before (… and it’s hard to think of it as “Gotham” when you see famous landmarks like the Empire State Building in the background). I also think that the Batwing was… eh… out of place. It shied away from the “realistic” world that Nolan has tried to set up. Did it feel like Batman of the comics? Yes, but not the Batman we have come to know in this series.

The acting was overall quite well done. This usually comes as no surprise for this series, but I was very happy with Anna Hathaway and I was okay with Bane. The worst part, however, was Talia’s death. That was laughably bad. Horrendous. They really should have shot that again. But aside from that, the acting was good.

All in all, I give this movie…

No Caption Provided

Originally, I was going to give it an 8. But I felt I wasn't being quite honest with myself.

Outstanding? I don’t think so. Bad? No. Quite better than the majority of conclusions and better than… other movies. It didn’t really disappoint. I left satisfied.

If you’re curious, these are my ratings for the other Nolan Batman movies for comparison (and I can justify this, since I saw them all in order that night):

Batman Begins – 8.5.

The Dark Knight – 9

Does this mean it was bad compared to the others? No, not at all. It's just how I feel about those movies all around. As for the trilogy as a whole, definite 9.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Hmmm.l. I disagree with some points but still, a great review!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Oh yeah, forgot to say this: this is my first review where I include pictures and a rating system. So comments on that would be appreciated, as well. Thanks.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By nefarious

Interesting review. 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Do you really want me to comment on this?

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By utotheg38

*Waits for nolan fanboys to come In*

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@god_spawn said:

Do you really want me to comment on this?

*shrug.* Truth be told, I assumed this would be about as controversial as my Amazing Spider-Man review.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@JediXMan: I agree with most of what you said but I would bump the rating up to 8. I think both this film and the Dark Knight were both a bit overrated but overall great films.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@god_spawn said:

@JediXMan: I agree with most of what you said but I would bump the rating up to 8. I think both this film and the Dark Knight were both a bit overrated but overall great films.

I was struggling with that. Originally, it was going to be an 8 (look at my image gallery. I uploaded an 8 pic in preparation). As I said, I just didn't think I was being honest with myself.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Inverno

I was looking forward for your review. I agree with most of your points. IMHO this movie is better than Begins but Dark Knight is still better than both.

Bane's voice bothered me but for a different reason: they picked a really weak voice for him in my country. It didn't sound unintelligible but it was unimposing and wimpy.

Also one thing they did a crappy job in covering the fact that Miranda Tate was Talia. I could see a mile away that she was her the whole time.

Great job, friend.

PS. I am glad you heard my advice and picked a final score.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@CaioTrubat said:

I looking forward for your review. I agree with most of your points. IMHO this movie is better than Begins but Dark Knight is still better than both.

Bane's voice bothered me but for a different reason: they picked a really weak voice for him in my country. It didn't sound unintelligible but it was unimposing and wimpy.

Also one thing they did a crappy job in covering the fact that Miranda Tate was Talia. I could see a mile away that she was her the whole time.

Oh, was your movie dubbed?

Perhaps. I thought she was Talia in the beginning, but then when they made the story about Bane being Ra's son, I had this sickening feeling that they were going with that angle. So I was happy when they changed it in the end.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ssejllenrad

7.5? Blllllaaaaaassssssphemmmy!

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By .Spider-man.

@JediXMan: Enjoyed the honest review.

Just saw the movie today and I have to say Batman disappearing the night of Dent's death and being MIA for 8 years seemed way off to me. Just didn't seem right to me.

I was happy Anne did a good job with Catwoman, that was my biggest fear. Not that I thought she couldn't do a good job, as I enjoy her as an actress. Just that the rabid fanboys of the series would not let go of their hate no matter what was done. Glad to see so many people appreciating her well done role.

Bane's voice for me was alright. Didn't bother me to much, was just hard to understand at times.

If I was to rate it, then it would of been a 7/10

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I disagree with the Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises, but I agree Anne Hathaway was truly a highlight of the movie, she was great.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ssejllenrad

@utotheg38 said:

And so I have arrived! And flame this JXM I shall for his heresy against the church of the Nolanites!

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By _Black

I'd give it a 8 or 8.5, but the majority of your points I agree with. I think that a lot of the satisfaction of this film comes from seeing the other two films and then seeing this as the conclusion to the trilogy.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By ShootingNova

@Nefarious said:

Interesting review.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Strafe Prower

I agree with most of it. I do think that you underrated it. An 8 or 8.5 sounds more accurate to me, but to each his own. A great review none the less.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@utotheg38 said:

(Appears and punches JediXman in the head, despite having nothing but respect for the guy) 

10/10

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By Aiden Cross

Hmmmm i dont completely agree with your review and i'd definitely rate it higher. Only thing for me is that i feel they shouldve left out talia completely. I feel she didnt add much to the movie and helped bring Bane's character down a notch at the end.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

This is wayyyyyy better than Begins. I'd give this a solid 9.5.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DieHard200904

I don't agree with the backbreaking scene, I enjoyed so many details about it, including the visible and audible frustration and mockery. This act by Tom Hardy will be a tough one to beat in terms of the fact that it simply delivered a time when Batman literally felt helpless, and Bane simply showed him off as pathetic in front of all his little cronies. The sad part is, and this is where I do agree with JediXMan, was that after becoming legendary with all his feats of intelligence and brawn, going where no Batman villain has gone before, Bane just had to pull Talia out of a hat, so to speak, and die in an instant.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@DieHard200904 said:

The sad part is, and this is where I do agree with JediXMan, was that after becoming legendary with all his feats of intelligence and brawn, going where no Batman villain has gone before, Bane just had to pull Talia out of a hat, so to speak, and die in an instant.

I don't recall having a problem with the Talia revelation in my review.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DieHard200904

@JediXMan: Correction noted. I did however feel disappointed when Talia came forward. I was hoping for more of a say hand-to-hand combat thing between Talia and Batman, and/or even Catwoman, but most of Talia's whole confrontation involved a vehicular chase, I guess I am more of a sucker for martial arts as opposed to vehicular combat, but given the Talia I had known from comics, a master assasin, and a capable fighter, I expected way more than just sticking a knife in Batman's side, then there was the fact that if she was Talia, well, she didn't seem to show a good capacity to really hurt Batman or Bruce Wayne when she had the chance, anyways, it didn't seem to give her that show of authority. Either way, Bane and his twisted hatred of pretty much everything and everyone stole the show for me in villainy, in spite of the revelation, and I was expecting some sort of Blaze of Glory for Talia. But still, I felt the film was decent, decent enough to watch a second time.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By InnerVenom123

The back breaking scene was perfect. It would have been cheesy if Bane had just sort of kept him on his knee unnecessarily for a few seconds.

Everyone complains about Talia's death, but I don't see the big error.

Anyway, good review.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DieHard200904

@InnerVenom123:

"Everyone complains about Talia's death, but I don't see the big error."

I think that it just didn't meet up to some expectation that Talia would just pull out some kung fu moves on Batman and/or Catwoman. That was my feeling/impression anyways.

flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By flamingmuffin

@JediXMan: nice review! i agree with most of the things you said and i also struggle between a 7.5 and 8 rating

although i didnt mind the "bane back breaking" thing like you. for me it was meant as a subtle (yet still somewhat menacing) "wink-wink" reference to the comics rather than a up and in your face move. i definitely see what youre saying here though "I wanted to see Batman broken over his knee, not just casually tossed onto it. Not asking for slow-mo, but I wanted to see Bane savor the act". would i have enjoyed the scene the way you described? heck yeah! but im just saying i had no problems with what actually happened

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@utotheg38 said:

(Appears and punches JediXman in the head, despite having nothing but respect for the guy)

10/10

LMFAO!.. +1 respect.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Silver2467

Saw it today. I have some agreements and disagreements with the review, but the review is still well put together, nonetheless. Let me say first and foremost that this movie was gratifying. It gave the viewer a sense of closure to a brilliantly executed trilogy. I would increase the rating a notch above what you gave it, JXM. To me, it deserves a little more appreciation.

Now, I said that first because I have a foreboding sense that I will be ostracized for my next comments. Running down your list briefly, I disagree with Batman's disappearance; this was fine to me. I agree that the pacing was poor at the start. I concur that the Batwing felt like an anachronism to these movies; to be sure, there is a variety of sci-fi tech in these films but none as unbelievable as that. With that said, it was fun to watch it, and it did play a notable role in the story. So my complaint is not with its execution but rather with its involvement at all; however, this hardly weakened the movie extensively for me. All of the acting was, as expected, stellar, as was the characterization (the characterization continued to be among the best parts of the trilogy, as well as Nolan's movies in general). There was not a single major character here I was uninterested in. Bruce, Alfred, Bane, Blake, Gordon, Talia, etc.; all were great. Bane's voice was fine for me, at least. The ending was masterful, in my opinion, very satisfying as the final piece to Nolan's Batman universe.

Now regarding Talia and Catwoman... First of all, both romances were terrible, Talia's especially due to its impromptu appearance. Selina and Bruce at least had a few more scenes together, but I was still never sold on their relationship either. With that said, I do think both Talia and Selina were far more interesting characters than Rachel Dawes ever was, but the relationship between Bruce and Rachel actually had more quantity of depth to it than the ones in this film. Secondly, I really don't believe Catwoman should have been in this movie. The acting for her was great. The characterization was good. The importance of the character in the movement of the story was well done. But similar to the Batwing, Catwoman felt out of place to me. Not to say that I didn't enjoy the contributions of the character to the film, because, again, the character's execution was handled expertly in all areas, but her presence alone seemed off to me. I just don't believe she belongs in Nolan's Batman franchise based on the tenets and themes that Nolan has previously established in these movies. So basically, she was both good and bad for me. Bad premise, good result, essentially. As a last minor nitpick, Blake being referred to as "Robin" came off as a little forced to me but not in a way that really hurts the movie overall.

While I do agree with the general consensus that The Dark Knight was superior to TDKR, the movie is still superb.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By _Zombie_

Great review.

The only minor part I disagree on is Bane's voice, and his intimidation factor. I actually liked Bane's voice, and he was certainly more imposing than Batman was. Though really, Nolan-verse Batman has never really intimidated me (which can be attributed to his mask looking a little off, for some reason I can't quite place. And the voice he uses). But still, I think Bane's brawn was played out well. And he hardly seemed angered at all. Sure, he killed left and right, but I wouldn't quite attribute that to rage. Overall he seemed to be calm and collected throughout most of the movie.

I will agree with Silver on the romances and the Robin bit, though. They weren't developed all that well, and his first name being Robin did feel like it was forcing it just a little bit too much.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By Static Shock

I thought it was equal to Dark Knight.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By TDK_1997

Interesting review but I disagree on some parts and the rating is too low.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ssejllenrad

Be it Starwars or Batman or whatever... A conversation between JXM and Silver is quite an interesting read.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ShootingNova

@TDK_1997 said:

Interesting review but I disagree on some parts and the rating is too low.

Yep. But JXM is known for that......

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:

I thought it was equal to Dark Knight.

:O

The Dark Knight was a bit better IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock: TBH they were totally different. TDK was by far more realistic and much darker, whilst TDKR felt more like a Comic-Book movie but destroyed the realistic tone that was set.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By Static Shock

@comicdude23: What I meant to say is that they were equally amazing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Edamame said:

@comicdude23: Out of curiosity, how realistic do you think Batman Begins was, especially in comparison to The Dark Knight?

The Dark Knight was by far more realistic. BB had Batman flying on roof-tops with his Tumbler and training with Ninja's. Whilst The Dark Knight wasn't realistic as some may say, it was more realistic than Batman Begins. It moved away from the Ninja crap and went more to the mob. It was a darker and grittier film. Overall Batman Begins wasn't that realistic but it was more realistic than the Batman movies that came before it. The Dark Knight Rises was the least realistic though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Edamame: Well maybe in the past, but even then it's a myth that Ninja's were Kung Fu masters. They weren't, they fought dirty but were resourceful. Scarecrow was quite realistic, that gas can exist I believe (though I could be wrong). Two Face wasn't that realistic as if that did happen to someone then he wouldn't be able to talk properly. It's the tone that The Dark Knight set, it was very different to Batman Begins. That level of corruption was there because that's how Gotham is, it's hell on Earth. It's not like any other city, most of them worked for The Joker anyways whilst some worked for the mob. His gadgets were not realistic, nor were his stunts. I'm not saying TDK is realistic, it just happens to be more so than Batman Begins. I think TDKR wasn't realistic due to the Nuke, it was stupid. Wasn't needed. I just think the tone was darker, in TDK Joker was pushing Batman, Dent and Gordon to their limits. That was more interesting to see than Ra's and his Microwave emitter, it's the whole flying on rooftops that just wasn't realistic. In all honesty none of them were, but if I compare all 3 I have to say TDK. It was Joker mentally testing Batman, while Batman Begins and TDKR went back to the League of Shadows, as it ended where it all began. Though the sticky gun shooter which Batman used was believable, but others such as Sonar tech were not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Endamame: That and that same toxin (I think) was used on Bruce in The League of Shadows. I loved the Scarecrow in the movie, much creepier than the one in TAS! Some parts of New York are pretty bad. Though I loved TDKR, I hated the way they destroyed the realism that was set.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@comicdude23: @Edamame: Yes, Ra's says Scarecrow's fear gas is from the Blue Poppy near his base.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Knew it...out of curiosity, what do you think was the most realistic out of the 3 and the least realistic?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By Deranged Midget

@comicdude23 said:

@k4tzm4n: Knew it...out of curiosity, what do you think was the most realistic out of the 3 and the least realistic?

TDKR is the least realistic. Main reasons. The Batwing was awesome but it didn't fit the tone. Secondly, Bruce healing from his back injury via a rope and no real medical attention. And then getting back into prime fighting shape with push-ups and sit-ups.

TDK was a more realistic take on the criminal underworld.

Batman Begins floated around but it had the most realistic approach in regards to Bruce's training.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#50  Edited By Xanni15

Good review. :]

Batman’s disappearance was even more odd since it coincided with Bruce’s seclusion. Now, obviously that isn’t enough to say for sure, but when you look at Batman showing up when Bruce originally comes back to Gotham, then disappears when Bruce goes away. Hmm…

The movie was really fast, then sorta just died in some parts. The pacing was a little off, certain characters given exposition only, others you just have to assume things about.

I didn’t mind the bomb, except that it was in plain sight, which I know was the point, but that’s basically inviting someone to stop it. The amount of people who knew Bruce was Batman… YES! Rachel knew, Alfred, Fox, Bane, Ra’s, Blake, Selina, etc. No offense to Blake, but he isn’t exactly the world’s greatest detective and if can easily figure out who Batman is then others should be able to as well.

I loved the ending, LOVED. I don’t think a lot of people got that Bruce left Gotham in good hands, that he wasn’t abandoning it. Selina said it best” You don’t owe these people anymore, you’ve given them everything.” And Bruce had, from his parents, to his money, and his life. The city didn’t want to change yet Bruce kept fighting on. He saved Gotham not once, or twice, but three times. Ended corruption, cleaned up the streets, all the while hinting to everyone “Hey, you guys know I’m not going to be around forever, so maybe people actually want to help.”

Eh, as far as Bane, I didn’t even consider him or Talia main characters. This was about Bruce finishing wwhat he started, simple as that.

Hated Blake’s character, too immature and idealistic. Growing up in Gotham he should know what it was like.

Anne Hataway as Catwoman was amazing, perfectly cast and played incredibly well. Bane was boring and annoying, in the end he was nothing more than a simple thug who took orders, not to mention his voice. Ugh.