Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

The Force Unleashed II.

….. uggghghhhhhhhhhhhhhh….

This is…. This game is mind-numbingly STUPID. It’s disgusting in how crappy this game is. It… my God.

Does this matter? Not as if this game – or its predecessor – should be considered canon by anyone.

BULLCRAP SPOILERS INCOMING!!!

…. FINE. So because Starkiller was SUCH a BRILLIANT SUCCESS and SO LOYAL TO DARTH VADER, they decided that they needed to make a NEW ONE. So the original Starkiller has NOT returned from the grave, but he has been CLONED. BRILLIANT. So time after time, they fail, and so the Empire just keeps paying for this useless project (… alright, maybe this is realistic), and eventually they find what appears to be a successful clone, who suffers from flashbacks from the original Starkiller (….. why? It’s… he shouldn’t… never mind). For some odd reason, he just decides to lash out at Vader and make his escape (which Vader doesn’t try to stop….), going in search of Kota (again), then looks for Juno like a love sick puppy who can’t keep his hormones in check for five minutes (because “genuine love” here translates, as it did in the first game, to “she’s the first girl I ever met – SHE IS MY TRUE LOVE!”). All comes to a head when he INVADES KAMINO with the REBEL FLEET, CAPTURES DARTH VADER, AND THE REBELLION INTENDS FOR HIM TO STAND TRIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My anger from the FU review has officially been replaced by PURE RAGE here! This is a terrible, terrible video game! My God what is wrong with them?! I could (and did) do better! This is….. MY GOD!

ALL RIGHT. First off, the obvious:

CAPTURE DARTH VADER?!?!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! ARE YOU INSANE?!?! DID YOU THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?! DID YOUR BRATTY LITTLE FOUR YEAR OLD CRY AT DARTH VADER’S “scawy mask,” AND NOW YOU WANT TO PROVE THAT GOOD TRIUMPHS AND EVIL IS ALWAYS PUNISHED?! NO! NO! THIS IS WRONG! THIS IS HORRIBLY WRONG! NO GOOD CAN COME OF THIS! I SWEAR THAT IS WHY LUCASARTS DOES WHAT THEY DO! THEY HAVE LITTLE KIDS THEY WANT TO APPEASE! OR BETTER YET, THEY HAVE THE LITTLE BRATLINGS BANG AWAY AT THE KETBOARD THEMSELVES! THEY WANT TO MAKE THE “sweet wittle kiddies” HAPPY! THAT’S WHY THAT THING STARKILLER AND ITS SISTER-ABOMINATION AHSOKA WERE SPAWN FROM THE PIT OF HELL! AND BY HELL, I MEAN THE BLOODIED FINGERS OF LUCAS WHICH ARE STARTING TO MATCH MY BLOODIED FINGERTIPS AS I TYPE THIS! I AM USING EVER OUNCE OF WILL NOT TO HURL THIS BLASTED THING ACROSS THE ROOM!

SCREW YOU, LUCASARTS, AND SCREW YOU IF YOU LIKED THIS GAME!!!!

MOVING ON!!!

Next up on the chopping block: the cameos.

Boba Fett and Yoda were both hyped up tremendously. They have a combined two minutes of screen time, and I’m being generous. Yoda appears briefly when Starkiller goes to Dagobah for some unknown reason (and Yoda oddly acts normal here… okay. I guess hiding his Jedi status from Luke was more important than hiding from a COMPLETE STRANGER). Boba Fett is hired by Vader to hunt down Juno as some sort of bait. We see Boba there when he’s hired, when he grabs Juno, and when he jumps to hyperspace as the end credits roll. So yeah, they were really only there for publicity. They served no purpose.

Now, Kota. Why in the world was he in a gladiator arena? Better yet, why was he in a gladiator arena ON AN IMPERIAL CONTROLLED PLANET?!?! The Empire KILLS JEDI. They don’t put them in gladiator pits; they call up the Inquisitorius and say “kill his ass.” THIS IS BULL!

Now our damsel in distress puppy-love interest here has somehow risen in the ranks and become a high-ranking official right up there with the best of ‘em (and yet nobody has heard of her, since this game takes place TWO YEARS BEFORE THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). So Boba gets on Juno’s ship, captures her, and launches an army of soldiers at Starkiller. This isn’t a boarding party! THIS IS A TAKEOVER! How in the world did he “sneak” a literal army and a GIANT ROBOT on a corvette?! What does it SHRINK?! Did Boba smuggle it in and hydrate it with water when he was ready?!

And because Starkiller and Kota are such BRILLIANT MASTERS OF THE FORCE they fail to notice something is wrong when they board the ship until a ROBOT SPIDER ATTACHES ITSELF TO STARKILLER’S FACE. Then the moron realizes “oh hey, something’s wrong!” So spider-boy and Uncle Ben here make their way through the ship where they find a damaged PROXY (who, if you didn’t know, survived the events of the first game. Of course, you wouldn’t know this unless you read the original graphic novel – those of you who didn’t think the comic and novel were canon can just chew on that for awhile; although NONE OF THIS SHOULD BE CANON) and then find Juno, who is in the clutches of Boba Fett. So what does our hero do? STANDS THERE IN AWE. WAY TO GO, LOVER BOY! You let a BOUNTY HUNTER leave with your girl without anything more than a sad face of concern! You think you might want to whip out those twin lightsabers you’re flaunting in the promos?

You know how at this point, because I was oh-so clever and mentioned lightsabers in the previous comment, I usually go into the gameplay? Well not today! I’m not finished ranting! So you just sit there and read this completely irrelevant paragraph. Done? Good. Back to the rage.

I have trouble believing that the Rebellion pre-Yavin is capable of taking control of a planet. Not just any planet; taking over a world that has an Imperial occupation, fine, maybe. But a planet that is in full Imperial control and is one of their MOST IMPORTANT BASES. It’s their prime cloning facility (… well kind of. Sort of… kind of. Not getting into that right now), and protected by multiple Star Destroyers and a pretty decent fleet. The Rebellion has a bunch of Corvettes and Nebulon-B frigates. Well that’s all well and good, but it would take quite a few of those to bring down ONE Star Destroyer.

And now Starkiller is even more overpowered, if that’s even possible. He can somehow use his powers to amp up a giant cannon to take out a Star Destroyer and FLY. Yes, he FLIES. Well maybe it’s more like “falling with style,” but he still does it twice in the game. He flies straight through a giant monster and flies through Kamino’s upper atmosphere.

Gameplay time:

It’s basically an enhanced version of the first game. And that would be good for most sequels, but it doesn’t do much to improve my opinion. Fine, I can carve up Stormtroopers pretty easily, but I still don’t feel like a real Lightsaber duelist (never have outside of Jedi Outcast/Academy). Force powers are generic – they’re just fun to look at, nothing more. It’s absurdly easy and the harder modes are only hard because they take your health away. It’s not a good system if the difficulty setting only takes away your ability. The only time that’s acceptable is to add a touch of realism, but in a game like TFU II that kind of goes out the window. I say that the proper way to do difficulty settings is to enhance AI or make them more aggressive, not add damage or take away damage. Many RTS games succeed at this and I think it’s a good formula.

Graphics are okay, but seem odd. The cinematics are nothing special and, quite frankly, boring. Environments are very few and it’s easy to get bored with the ones you actually do get.

Also: IT’S STILL TOO SHORT. How IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?! THAT’S A CRIME! Six hours at best and that’s if you’re taking your sweet time! And this is just as expensive as… REAL games?!

Before my closing paragraph, let me say that the dark side ending of this game is MUCH better. It has one of Starkiller’s OTHER clones kill you, all the Rebels on Kamino die (like Kota and Juno… yay), and this clone becomes just another Dark Jedi working for the Empire. It sweeps everything under the rug rather nicely, for me. If it ended this way, then all of this is kind of… forgettable in-universe. But LucasArts never has the guts to make the DS ending canon.

This is an even worse game than the first Force Unleashed, and that’s saying a lot. Horrible game; don’t play it and use the money to buy something else instead. TFU is another FU from LucasArts with two middle fingers tossed in for good measure.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spartan92

I think this review is a little late ;)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@spartan92 said:

I've reviewed games from the late 90s.

There's no such thing as late when it comes to hate.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan said:

@spartan92 said:

I've reviewed games from the late 90s.

Haha lol, TFU series are ridiculously pathetic and the main chars (Galen Marek and his clone) are just overhyped imbeciles.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spartan92

@JediXMan said:

@spartan92 said:

True, the game could of been so much better. Lets just hope this new bounty hunter game will be good.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShootingNova

@spartan92 said:

@JediXMan said:

@spartan92 said:

True, the game could of been so much better. Lets just hope this new bounty hunter game will be good.

Hopefully...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By buttersdaman000

Yeah, I liked the first game, didnt really care about the story (Im just a casual fan of Star Wars) but I wouldnt touch this game with a 10 foot pole. The plot is freaking ridiculous (clones??) and the gameplay is just more of the same. Not worth my time at all. 

And im in desperate want of a starwars videogame where you actually DUEL. A game where one good landed hit on your opponent ends him and vice versa. But......I doubt this will ever happen. Its hard to make a game like that. 

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@buttersdaman000:

Play Jedi Outcast and Academy.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan said:

@buttersdaman000:

LOL that shamed Marka Ragnos, a padawan defeating him??????

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Silver2467

Good review. Thank you for summarizing most (but not all) of my complaints with this game and story.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Inverno

Man your review is so funny this time. They are usually composed, informative and insightful but I loved how you ripped through this piece of s****. I found the first game okay not bad but nothing really special. I thought a sequel was unnecessary but I had good hopes for it considering the hype. And you nailed every single problem I complained about it and you are just as pissed as I were when I played it.

Just a question: since you preferred the darkside ending, have you played DLC for Battle in Endor?

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spartan92

@ShootingNova said:

@spartan92 said:

@JediXMan said:

@spartan92 said:

Hopefully...

I have a little faith in this game, mostly because its supposedly rated M

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan said:

@buttersdaman000:

... aside from that, it's a great game.

@CaioTrubat said:

Man your review is so funny this time. They are usually composed, informative and insightful but I loved how you ripped through this piece of s****. I found the first game okay not bad but nothing really special. I thought a sequel was unnecessary but I had good hopes for it considering the hype. And you nailed every single problem I complained about it and you are just as pissed as I were when I played it.

Just a question: since you preferred the darkside ending, have you played DLC for Battle in Endor?

Thanks,

Nope. Absolutely not. I won't give them money for the DLC; that encourages them to make more crap.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@spartan92 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@spartan92 said:

@JediXMan said:

@spartan92 said:

Hopefully...

Saying a game will be "mature" does not necessarily mean it'll be M. And if it is M, something tells me LucasArts will go for an unrealistic portrayal of violence. They can go dark without stupid, almost immature violence.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Inverno

@JediXMan: Good thing you did that. Because as if this game was insulting enough, in the DLC you fight and kill Chwebacca, Han Solo and Princess Leia. And ends in a even more insulting way then the lightsided ending did.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@CaioTrubat said:

@JediXMan: Good thing you did that. Because as if this game was insulting enough, in the DLC you fight and kill Chwebacca, Han Solo and Princess Leia. And ends in a even more insulting way then the lightsided ending did.

Can't be any more insulting than fighting and killing Obi-Wan and then killing his ghost, or turning Luke to the dark side.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spartan92

@JediXMan said:

@spartan92 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@spartan92 said:

@JediXMan said:

@spartan92 said:

Hopefully...

Saying a game will be "mature" does not necessarily mean it'll be M. And if it is M, something tells me LucasArts will go for an unrealistic portrayal of violence. They can go dark without stupid, almost immature violence.

By immature violence do you mean by severing limbs or completely blowing someone to pieces ?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I like this game

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ReVamp

The hate is strong in this one. I'm not giving a f about spoilers, the amount of caps in this blog is just too much for me to not read.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said:

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan said:

@buttersdaman000:

... aside from that, it's a great game.

There is nothing wrong with anyway. Ragnos had no established character or power to ruin to begin with, and given that Luke's Order had to very quickly learn to deal with Sith spirits, it would make sense for them to pass that knowledge along to their subsequent initiates.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@spartan92:

Severed limbs we've seen (TFU II did it, Outcast / Academy did it...). But I don't see the point in blowing people to pieces, or making their heads explode (lookin' at you, ME3)

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By ReVamp

This is hilarious. I think you need to buy more pieces of crap and review them lol.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Deranged Midget

Oh my... and I thought it was bad that Silver despised the Republic Commando novels.

On a side note, Force Unleashed 3 wasn't announced :P

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By spartan92

@JediXMan: Im not really sure what the bounty hunter could have in his arsenal that would severe limbs or even decapitate.

The_Red_Blur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Red_Blur

How long was game realise lol

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@spartan92 said:

@JediXMan: Im not really sure what the bounty hunter could have in his arsenal that would severe limbs or even decapitate.

ME3 had you literally blow the heads clean OFF people with a well-placed headshot. It's possible, albeit stupid.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By _Zombie_

This.. this was perfect. Oh man, I laughed so much throughout this.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Inverno

@Deranged Midget said:

Oh my... and I thought it was bad that Silver despised the Republic Commando novels.

LucasArts announced there wound't be a third even before they released TF2. Maybe because this game was so rushed and they spent so much money in it they can't afford to make a third one. Though I can appreciate there won't be a sequel I hoped it had some proper closure :-P

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CaioTrubat said:

@Deranged Midget said:

LucasArts announced there wound't be a third even before they released TF2. Maybe because this game was so rushed and they spent so much money in it they can't afford to make a third one. Though I can appreciate there won't be a sequel I hoped it had some proper closure :-P

I had a significant amount of closure after the first game when Galan actually died...

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Inverno

@Deranged Midget said:

@CaioTrubat said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I had a significant amount of closure after the first game when Galan actually died...

Yeah the first game had a satisfying ending but the second one has a really open ending: so Darth Vader was arrested? How did he escape? What happened to Galan later? Was he the original one or another clone? I hate this kind of sequel hook ending because it leaves questions unanswered and we can only wait to the next installment. I hated The Darkness 2 because of it -__-

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CaioTrubat: I don't think LucasArts will be dishing out a finale to that trilogy :P I'm glad they moved on and announced something new, I'm hopeful for 1313.

As for the Darkness 2, still haven't gotten around to it but I heard it was incredibly short compared to the first.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I was considering going out and buying the game.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

The game didn;t fase me that much, but maybe they'll make a better one.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShootingNova

@Deranged Midget: LOL, I didn't really care when Galen died

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By _Psy_

Lego Star Wars = Best Star Wars.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@ReVamp said:

The hate is strong in this one. I'm not giving a f about spoilers, the amount of caps in this blog is just too much for me to not read.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Deranged Midget

@_Punk_ said:

Lego Star Wars = Best Star Wars.

God no, anything pre-Force Unleashed is far better than Lego Star Wars: Republic Commando, Battlefront, Bounty Hunter, Jedi Knight, Rogue Squadron, KOTOR

@ShootingNova: Neither did I, but it should have put the character to rest. Not to have them simply create some generic plot for a second game.

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By _Psy_
@Deranged Midget: I was kidding =P
Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Inverno

Hei JediXMan what are your thoughts in Star Wars 1313?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Deranged Midget

@CaioTrubat: Thoughts on here.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Inverno

@Deranged Midget: Oh thanks friend.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By nefarious

With all of this hate, JXM is getting closer to the darkside of the force. 

NyxEquitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NyxEquitis

Just like the Clone Wars animated series, this will be remembered as being fun, but quasi or pseudo canon at best. I dont care how canonical this is supposed to be, its an egregious and unconscionable affront to Star Wars. I totally agree with your review.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

It depresses me on how this crap is considered canon.