Jean-Claude Van Damme VS Chuck Norris ( Real, in his best years )

• 52 results
UltramanPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UltramanPrime
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

vs

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bossmonster

Van damn Stomps.

Unbeaten in Europe.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Chuck Norris beats brakes off Van Damme

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TotalBalance

Chuck Norris was by FAR the better fighter in his prime, however he was middleweight while Jean-Claude was light-heavyweight so if they actually fought Chuck Norris would probably lose due to the severe size disadvantage.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By robertloucksjr

Chuck would kill him.

Chuck Norris had an outstanding karate tournament career from 1964 until his retirement in 1974. His tournament record is estimated to be 183-10-2, though opinions often vary on this to a significant degree. He won at least 30 tournaments.

In addition, Norris was the former World Professional Middleweight Karate Champion, a belt that he held for six years. Along the way, he defeated karate greats like Allen Steen, Joe Lewis, Arnold Urquidez, and Louis Delgado.

Jean Claude:

In 1976 at the age of sixteen, Jean-Claude started his Martial Arts fight career. Over the next 6-years, he competed in both full-contact and semi-contact matches.

He debuted under his birth name of Jean Claude Van Varenberg. In his first match, Jean-Claude was staggered by a round-house kick thrown by fellow countryman, Toon Van Oostrum in Brussels, Belgium. Van Damme was badly stunned, but came back to knockout Van Oostrum moments later.

In 1977, at the WAKO Open International in Antwerp, Belgium, Jean-Claude lost a decision to fellow team mate Patrick Teugels in a semi-contact match.

At the 1978 Challenge De Espoirs Karate Tournament (1st Trials),Jean-Claude placed 2nd in the semi-contact division. He defeated twenty-five opponents during the week long tournament, but lost in the finals to Angelo Spataro from the Naha Club.

Later in 1978,Jean-Claude lost a 3-round match for the Belgium Lightweight Championship (semi-contact) to his fellow team-mate to Patrick Teugels.

In 1979, Jean-Claude traveled to the United States of America, to Tampa, Florida. In his first and only match against a United States opponent, Van Damme faced 'Sherman 'Big Train'Bergman', a kick-boxer from the Miami Beach, Florida. For the first and only time in his career, Jean-Claude was knocked to the canvas after absorbing a powerful left hook from Bergman. However, Jean-Claude climbed off the canvas and with a perfectly timed ax-kick, knocked Bergman out in 56 seconds of the first round.

Jean-Claude was a member of the Belgium team which competed on December 26, 1979 at the La Coupe Fancois Persoons Karate Tournament which was sanctioned by the Federation bruxelloise de Karate. Van Damme's final match victory enabled his team to win the European Team Karate Championship.

In Full-Contact karate, Jean-Claude knocked out England's Micheal Heming in 46 seconds of the first round.

In 1980, Jean-Claude Van Damme knocked out France's Georges Verlugels in 2 rounds of a match fought under kick-boxing rules.

Jean-Claude wanted to defeat his rival Patrick Teugels. At the Forest Nationals in Brussels, on March 8, 1980, Jean-Claude knocked Teugels down and Teugels suffered a nose injury and was unable to continue. Jean-Claude was awarded a first round victory.

Jean-Claude retired from martial arts in 1982, following a knockout over Nedjad Gharbi in Brussels,Belgium.

Jean-Claude posted a 18-1 (18 knockouts) Kickboxing record, and a Semi-Contact record of 41-4.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evilvegeta74

Van Damage to Chuck!

UltramanPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UltramanPrime

Jean-Claude Van Damme parece mucho más capacitado, sabe mucho más que un simple karate.

Van Damme se detiene

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ComicStooge

Bruce Lee beats them both.

UltramanPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UltramanPrime

Dudo

Van Damme estába MÁS Preparado

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dondave

@UltramanPrime: you should probably use google translator

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By afueikawa

@robertloucksjr said:

Chuck would kill him.

Chuck Norris had an outstanding karate tournament career from 1964 until his retirement in 1974. His tournament record is estimated to be 183-10-2, though opinions often vary on this to a significant degree. He won at least 30 tournaments.

In addition, Norris was the former World Professional Middleweight Karate Champion, a belt that he held for six years. Along the way, he defeated karate greats like Allen Steen, Joe Lewis, Arnold Urquidez, and Louis Delgado.

Jean Claude:

In 1976 at the age of sixteen, Jean-Claude started his Martial Arts fight career. Over the next 6-years, he competed in both full-contact and semi-contact matches.

He debuted under his birth name of Jean Claude Van Varenberg. In his first match, Jean-Claude was staggered by a round-house kick thrown by fellow countryman, Toon Van Oostrum in Brussels, Belgium. Van Damme was badly stunned, but came back to knockout Van Oostrum moments later.

In 1977, at the WAKO Open International in Antwerp, Belgium, Jean-Claude lost a decision to fellow team mate Patrick Teugels in a semi-contact match.

At the 1978 Challenge De Espoirs Karate Tournament (1st Trials),Jean-Claude placed 2nd in the semi-contact division. He defeated twenty-five opponents during the week long tournament, but lost in the finals to Angelo Spataro from the Naha Club.

Later in 1978,Jean-Claude lost a 3-round match for the Belgium Lightweight Championship (semi-contact) to his fellow team-mate to Patrick Teugels.

In 1979, Jean-Claude traveled to the United States of America, to Tampa, Florida. In his first and only match against a United States opponent, Van Damme faced 'Sherman 'Big Train'Bergman', a kick-boxer from the Miami Beach, Florida. For the first and only time in his career, Jean-Claude was knocked to the canvas after absorbing a powerful left hook from Bergman. However, Jean-Claude climbed off the canvas and with a perfectly timed ax-kick, knocked Bergman out in 56 seconds of the first round.

Jean-Claude was a member of the Belgium team which competed on December 26, 1979 at the La Coupe Fancois Persoons Karate Tournament which was sanctioned by the Federation bruxelloise de Karate. Van Damme's final match victory enabled his team to win the European Team Karate Championship.

In Full-Contact karate, Jean-Claude knocked out England's Micheal Heming in 46 seconds of the first round.

In 1980, Jean-Claude Van Damme knocked out France's Georges Verlugels in 2 rounds of a match fought under kick-boxing rules.

Jean-Claude wanted to defeat his rival Patrick Teugels. At the Forest Nationals in Brussels, on March 8, 1980, Jean-Claude knocked Teugels down and Teugels suffered a nose injury and was unable to continue. Jean-Claude was awarded a first round victory.

Jean-Claude retired from martial arts in 1982, following a knockout over Nedjad Gharbi in Brussels,Belgium.

Jean-Claude posted a 18-1 (18 knockouts) Kickboxing record, and a Semi-Contact record of 41-4.

Base on this, I say Chuck.

@ComicStooge said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

:-)

Avatar image for clarkjosephkent1938dc
ClarkJosephKent1938DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chuck knows a wider variety of martial arts including jujitsu. He wins!

Avatar image for captain_awesome85
Captain_Awesome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Van Damme's kicks would have no effect on Chuck Norris' beard,

the Ginger Ninja stomps

ComocYahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ComocYahweh

@TotalBalance said:

Chuck Norris was by FAR the better fighter in his prime, however he was middleweight while Jean-Claude was light-heavyweight so if they actually fought Chuck Norris would probably lose due to the severe size disadvantage.

Jean-Claude would have size advantage, but Chuck would have speed advantage. I honestly believe the middleweight is superior in mixed classes. A bigger guy tire much faster and will still be knocked out by a good kick to the head.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Deadgod

Chuck Norris should win here

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By laflux

Nice to see a Chuck Norris thread not filled with Hyperbole.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b7951b78280
deactivated-64b7951b78280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robertloucksjr said:Chuck would kill him.

Jean Claude:

What you just posted is completely pointless. Karate and Kick Boxing are two different martial arts sports and I'd always bet on the man who has mastered kick boxing rather than a person who has mastered Karate.

Jean Claude Van Damme wins this fight without doubt.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bossmonster

@AverageMan So this is leading me to believe that you don't know much about Karate. I personally think CHuck would lose if they fought back then, however it's primarly based of what I've seen the two of them do. The demonstartions of speed and the like. Why are you going with Jean just because chuck knows Karate?

@robertloucksjr

:

So why does Chuck win? I was b.s'ing in my first post, I'm actually going to give a more full response in a second. I thought this was going to become a joke thread because chuck was in it. Van Damn was an amazing fighter. Based on his record, there is little doubt that he could have gone much further if he didn't change is path.
robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By robertloucksjr

Chuck was World Karate Champion for 6 years. Jean was never even champion of tiny Belgian.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bossmonster said:

@AverageMan So this is leading me to believe that you don't know much about Karate. I personally think CHuck would lose if they fought back then, however it's primarly based of what I've seen the two of them do. The demonstartions of speed and the like. Why are you going with Jean just because chuck knows Karate?

@robertloucksjr

:

So why does Chuck win? I was b.s'ing in my first post, I'm actually going to give a more full response in a second. I thought this was going to become a joke thread because chuck was in it. Van Damn was an amazing fighter. Based on his record, there is little doubt that he could have gone much further if he didn't change is path.

I think you have an unrealistic perspective about martial arts. You are a joke if you are implying that I know little about Karate based ONLY on the differences I made on my previous post. THEY ARE BOTH DIFFERENT MARTIAL ARTS SPORTS. Karate concentrates on techniques and speed while Kick Boxing concentrates on endurance, strength and speed is also required especially for middle-weight Kick Boxers. That's why most women prefer Karate than Kick Boxing because it doesn't involve too much strength and endurance training. Kick Boxing is the most effective sport in self defense as well as Krav Maga. I have seen plenty of fights in the WCL between a man who has mastered Karate and a Man who has Mastered Kick Boxing who in fact won most matches than the Karate guys. That's why Chuck would lose this fight because his training didn't involve strength or endurance which is vital during a fight.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By D3athstroke

This is one sided stomp 
Chuck Norris was world class fighter in age of real fighters the man retired undefeated
Van is dancer
Norris would kill him

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#22  Edited By turoksonofstone

@WaveMotionCannon said:

yup.

UltramanPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By UltramanPrime

Van Damme FUE 2 Veces Campeón del Mundo de la Liga Europea de Karate.

investigar más Van Damme.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Chuck Norris would likely win. Would be an interesting fight however to watch

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bossmonster

@AverageMan:

That entire post was laughable. Anyway. At least we agreed on the winner of this fight. Despite you're laughable perespective.
UltramanPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By UltramanPrime
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bigcimmerian

Chuck would win, if he can move the Earth by doing pushups then he could throw the planet at Van Damme, and I doubt that he is durable enough to survive planet explosion.

UltramanPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By UltramanPrime

WDF? ChuckBoy XD

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By afueikawa

@BigCimmerian said:

Chuck would win, if he can move the Earth by doing pushups then he could throw the planet at Van Damme, and I doubt that he is durable enough to survive planet explosion.

Damn, i ROFLMAO'd on this.

Bruce Lee kicks them both though.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bigcimmerian

@afueikawa said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Damn, i ROFLMAO'd on this.

Bruce Lee kicks them both though.

Only if Bruce can cut the world in half with his kick! :)

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By afueikawa

@BigCimmerian:

Chuck - Planetary Level

Bruce Lee - ?

Van Damme - ?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By ComicStooge

Van Damme - City buster

Chuck - Planetary Level

Bruce Lee - Galaxy Buster

Nicholas Cage - Multiverse Buster

UltramanPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By UltramanPrime

No creepypasta

realidad

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By turoksonofstone
afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By afueikawa

@ComicStooge said:

Van Damme - City buster

Chuck - Planetary Level

The heck with nicholas cage?

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By turoksonofstone

@afueikawa said:

@ComicStooge said:

Van Damme - City buster

Chuck - Planetary Level

The heck with nicholas cage?

ALdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ALdragon17

Sorry, dudes but no Art is superior to another. If you fellow Jeet Kune do, will explain it to you. For one, a kick boxer will use all his weight in kick leave him open to a attack or a power kick.If someone come at me with a round kick I might push to the side well moving back or step into his kick with both hands with guard and do my own clutch on him. If the Karate guy does mid round kicks to side or side kicks. The most power comes at the level at the hips and not at the face or the legs.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ghostrider2

Van Damme would beat him to death.

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Iron_Turtle

@AverageMan said:

@Bossmonster said:

@robertloucksjr

:

I think you have an unrealistic perspective about martial arts. You are a joke if you are implying that I know little about Karate based ONLY on the differences I made on my previous post. THEY ARE BOTH DIFFERENT MARTIAL ARTS SPORTS. Karate concentrates on techniques and speed while Kick Boxing concentrates on endurance, strength and speed is also required especially for middle-weight Kick Boxers. That's why most women prefer Karate than Kick Boxing because it doesn't involve too much strength and endurance training. Kick Boxing is the most effective sport in self defense as well as Krav Maga. I have seen plenty of fights in the WCL between a man who has mastered Karate and a Man who has Mastered Kick Boxing who in fact won most matches than the Karate guys. That's why Chuck would lose this fight because his training didn't involve strength or endurance which is vital during a fight.

Without commenting on what I think you know, or don't know about Karate. If one is to compete and have any kind of success in any athletic pursuit. (Yes, I consider all variety of fightsports to be athletic pursuits.) Time and effort needs to be invested into lifting weights, and miles put in on the roads. And that's without counting the time spent on the mats.

And for your information. Chuck Norris' training did involve strength and endurance work. A significant amount of it. Or did you honestly believe that a Karateka who competed at Chuck Norris' level simply turned up at a dojo and practiced air kicks, punches, and kata all day long?

A person who practices kickboxing does not automatically have better strength, speed, and conditioning than a karateka simply based on the art that they study. These physical attributes are a personal thing and can be developed, or lost. Different people have different strengths and different limits in all of these areas regardless of their art.

After being in and around the fight game for the past 25 years (F*@k, I'm old.) I can confidently say the most effective art for self defence is always without exception what you know best. Anyone who says otherwise has just bought into the marketing hype.

TL:DR Chuck Norris for having better achievements.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bossmonster

@Iron_Turtle:

Sir, you and I disagree on who would win this fight, but I respect you reason and believe exactly what you said there. Personally, after 15 years of martial arts study in different areas, I'm done telling forum know it alls and interent tough guys what martial arts is really about. You comment was short and to the point. Thanks for that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Iron_Turtle said:

@AverageMan said:

@Bossmonster said:

@robertloucksjr

:

Without commenting on what I think you know, or don't know about Karate. If one is to compete and have any kind of success in any athletic pursuit. (Yes, I consider all variety of fightsports to be athletic pursuits.) Time and effort needs to be invested into lifting weights, and miles put in on the roads. And that's without counting the time spent on the mats.

And for your information. Chuck Norris' training did involve strength and endurance work. A significant amount of it. Or did you honestly believe that a Karateka who competed at Chuck Norris' level simply turned up at a dojo and practiced air kicks, punches, and kata all day long?

A person who practices kickboxing does not automatically have better strength, speed, and conditioning than a karateka simply based on the art that they study. These physical attributes are a personal thing and can be developed, or lost. Different people have different strengths and different limits in all of these areas regardless of their art.

After being in and around the fight game for the past 25 years (F*@k, I'm old.) I can confidently say the most effective art for self defence is always without exception what you know best. Anyone who says otherwise has just bought into the marketing hype.

TL:DR Chuck Norris for having better achievements.

I agree with almost everything you said except that I never said that karate didn't involve endurance and strength training and I never said that Chuck hasn't ever done any (I mean look at that guy). I said karate focuses mostly on technique and speed. Your physical attributes depends on what weight level you want to contest on (light weight, middle weight and heavy weight). I also didn't say that a kick boxer automatically wins a fight against a karate guy. In tournaments you see that people who've mastered karate usually lose against a man who've mastered kick boxing because most of them lacked in strength and endurance. I still think JCVD could beat Chuck Norris. I hope there'll be some sort of computer simulation that shows a fight between both of them.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#42  Edited By RazzaTazz

Have fun in the offtopic forum, keep non comic battles out of the battles forum.  

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By PowerHerc

Norris wins.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By satyrgod

At his prime, Chuck takes Jean-Claude.

Then he bends over his cute little Belgium ass, and...

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kingkronos

Van Damme.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lagoon_boy

Wasn't the 18-1 JCVD record semi contact?

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

@WaveMotionCannon said:

this.

krilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By krilling

@ComicStooge said:

Gyreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gyreg

Chuck Norris never trained Karate, he trained Tang Soo Do which is known as Korean Karate, but it is not Karate it self. He is also 8th Degree black belt (Senior Master) in Taekwon-do ITF. He was a Karate champion 6 times, but he never trained any form of Japanese Karate.

In my opinion Chuck Norris would won because to hold the title of Karate champion for 6 years he really needed to be an amazing fighter, I think the only reason that he didn't try kick boxing is that it wasn't very popular in those days. The only advantage that Van Damme would have is his weight, but if they wear going to fight in the ring then van damme will probably lose some weight and Chuck would gain some to be in the same weight class. By watching lots of fights of both of them (most of them are from the movies, but still) I can see that Chuck Norris had much faster kicks and he really know what he is doing bacause he has a fighting stance and he is moving like in a real sparing while shoting his movie fights. Van Damme in his movies is not eaven trying to look like a real fighter, he is never trying to block his opponent atack, he is kicking super slowly and he is using the same kicking combo several times. Van Damme never achieved such an incredible thing as being a world champion 6 times so he was quite good for a short time, but he couldn't keep up. We will never finally find out who would won and we can't definitely say because we don't know this guys for real.

The truth is that: "You won't truly know someone until you fight them"

Avatar image for alexandrawallace
AlexandraWallace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chuck Norris by using his left hand only lol