#1 Posted by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio

This blog post is made to classify Pacific Rim characters by their correct stats.

Ok, I've been seeing so many threads across talking about how a Jaegars are so weak when it comes to their durability stats. People think its only the Kaiju who are resistant to modern weapons, but I'm here to tell you, YOUR WRONG!

1) Striker Eureka and Gipsy Danger have visited the Challenger Deep in the Marian Trench......

" The Breach (also known as the Portal), is a fissure located off the coastline of China near Guam[2] on the floor of the Challenger Deep of the Pacific Ocean. It connects the Earth to the Anteverse; the homeworld of the Precursors and the Kaiju "

" On August 10, 2013, the breach was opened on the floor of the Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench between two tectonic plates. Upon opening, Kaiju began to move through the portal towards various cities located on the Pacific Rim "

http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Breach

What is the Challenger Deep?

"The Challenger Deep is the deepest known point in the Earth's seabed hydrosphere "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenger_Deep

Depth: "Most recently set on 36,070 feet, a figure confirmed with modern sonar techniques"

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2012/0326/How-do-we-know-that-Challenger-Deep-is-lowest-point-on-Earth

So how much pressure is in the Challenger Deep?

"The Pressure at the deepest part of the Mariana Trench is over 8 tons per square inch"

http://www.marianatrench.com/mariana_trench-oceanography.htm

"The pressure at this depth is approximately 1,099 times that at the surface, or 111 MPa (16,099 psi)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenger_Deep

Calculation Conversion:

- 8.045 tons/ Sq. inch = 1,159.1 tons/ Sq. foot

While being underwater, the Jaegars with the Kaiju were just fine with this amount of pressure underwater. So at bare minimum they can withstand up to 8 tons/ Sq. inch.

2) Next, here we see Tresspasser pushing apart the Golden Gate Bridge

The Golden Gate Bridge in total weighs 887,000 tons

http://gocalifornia.about.com/cs/sanfrancisco/a/ggbridge_3.htm

But the problem is, Tresspasser only pushed like a section of the bridge.

So lets assume Tresspasser didn't push 1/2... not 1/3.... but 1/5 of the bridge apart.

So around 177,400 tons of force.

Another source that can back this claim up is Knife Head.

- From the radar in the boat off the coast of Alaska, he was traveling at speeds of 1 mile per second.

(1600 meters / second )

With that speed by his weight (2,500 tons ---> 2,267,962 kg)

(1600 meters / Second ) x (2,267,962 kg) = 3,628,739,200 N

3,628,739,200 N = 815,773,021.95 lb

815,773,021.95 lb = 407,886.5 tons

In the fight with Gipsy Danger, Knifehead was able to get in a few blows in on Gipsy that the Jaegar tanked pretty well, until it finally was destroyed. One time, the Kaiju even used their speed with their whole body into the strike!

In piercing damage:

- Since its a little difficult to actually know how big Knife head's are is we need to guess a little bit. Lets say the Kaiju has 25 sq. ft covering in a strike from their fist, because in the video the Kaiju's hand was barely larger than Gipsy's dome head.

177,400 tons / 25 = 7,096 tons / Sq. foot

407,886.5 tons / 25 = 16,315.46 tons / Sq. foot

So a Jaegar can withstand up to 7,096 - 16,315.46 tons /Sq. foot

With These Results, compare them to Modern weapons.

Most powerful Missiles!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-43/B_Massive_Ordnance_Air_Blast

- The MOAB has a yield of 11 tons of force, but the problem is this weapon's force is distburce over a large area.Since a Jaegar can at least withstand 7,000 tons / Sq. ft. , This weapon would not be strong enough to take out a Jaegar.

- The Father OF All Bombs has a yield of 44 tons of force, 4 times powerful than the American missile above.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_of_All_Bombs

As you can see, this bomb disburses its force over a large area, and 44 tons of force in total is not comprese in sq. ft.

So here's my blog. Hoped you like it.

#2 Posted by Chibi_cute (4444 posts) - - Show Bio

They can still be affected by an EMP from a nuke. :P

#3 Posted by danhimself (22268 posts) - - Show Bio

doesn't matter if the pilots are all complete idiots....the entire time I'm thinking "I wonder why they didn't make any hand to hand weapons for these robots" but then out of nowhere one of them bust a sword out of it's hand and slices a piece off of the monster with like no effort my response was "YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOU HAD THAT THE ENTIRE TIME AND YOU'RE PUNCHING IT????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"....complete idiots

#4 Edited by Immortal777 (6826 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the movie but can someone explain to me why the machines weren't mass produced?

#5 Edited by Chibi_cute (4444 posts) - - Show Bio

doesn't matter if the pilots are all complete idiots....the entire time I'm thinking "I wonder why they didn't make any hand to hand weapons for these robots" but then out of nowhere one of them bust a sword out of it's hand and slices a piece off of the monster with like no effort my response was "YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOU HAD THAT THE ENTIRE TIME AND YOU'RE PUNCHING IT????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"....complete idiots

They are not idiots. kaiju blood is highly toxic and acidic that using a sword while fighting in a city will spill a lot of kaiju blood that will make the city uninhabitable.

#6 Posted by Chibi_cute (4444 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: They are mass produced significantly but the UN(united nations ) cannot keep up with the production of the jaegers because they are destroyed more faster than they can make them. and each one of them costs 180 billion dollars or more.

#7 Posted by Immortal777 (6826 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: Humanity is fighting a war with giant monsters and still worried about money.

#8 Posted by Chibi_cute (4444 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: yup.. greed is always the priority.. also most wealthy countries stopped the funding of the jaeger program and concentrate their resources of building a giant wall instead.

#9 Posted by OverLordArhas (7549 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: yup.. greed is always the priority.. also most wealthy countries stopped the funding of the jaeger program and concentrate their resources of building a giant wall instead.

Israel from World War Z comes to mind.

#10 Posted by Immortal777 (6826 posts) - - Show Bio

The old if we can't see the problem maybe it'll go away route.

#11 Posted by Chibi_cute (4444 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777 said:

@chibi_cute said:

The old if we can't see the problem maybe it'll go away route.

In which a cat 5 easily destroyed. lol

#13 Posted by Chibi_cute (4444 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Chibi_cute (4444 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Chibi_cute (4444 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@supersaiyan_danger:

Explosions aren't all about pressure! Underwater, the Jaeger would be protected but on land, the heat from multiple missiles incoming would start causing heat-related issues. Also have you never heard of Shaped Charges? If we mount sabot warheads on cruise missiles, the Jaeger will take tremendous damage. We have more than enough Cruise Missile equipped ships to literally bury the slow moving Jaegers. This strategy is less effective on Kaiju because their armor is tougher than Jaegers.

We also have an EMP bomb that is cruise missile mounted. We could take out Striker with one shot.

But we would not have to, Jeagers could simply be outlasted. The Pilots inside are the weak point. Once they need to eat or sleep, they leave the Jaeger vulnerable to attack.

You are doing Pacific Rim and Jeagers a great disservice by attempting to make them into something they are not.

#19 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute said:

Israel from World War Z comes to mind.

Both walls failed.

#20 Posted by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Chibi_cute (4444 posts) - - Show Bio

@supersaiyan_danger: That scene where raleigh stated that gipsy is analog made me cringe a little.

#22 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

This all looks cool, plan on renting it cause I havent seen it.

#23 Posted by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: The EMP attacked the Jaegar program and shut it down. EMP's shut down all electronics like computers, cars, and cell phones regardless if the electronic device is turn off of not.

That being said, the only know way to resist an EMP is to cover the electronic in aluminum, and I we both know Gipsy isn't made of aluminum...

#24 Edited by Kevhunt (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Well a 16 inch naval gun off the an Iowa class battleship has 152,937 tons of kinetic energy.

#25 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1397 posts) - - Show Bio

They can still be affected by an EMP from a nuke. :P

Not Gypsy Danger. It really matters were you hit them.

#26 Posted by Chibi_cute (4444 posts) - - Show Bio