This blog post is made to classify Pacific Rim characters by their correct stats.
Ok, I've been seeing so many threads across talking about how a Jaegars are so weak when it comes to their durability stats. People think its only the Kaiju who are resistant to modern weapons, but I'm here to tell you, YOUR WRONG!
1) Striker Eureka and Gipsy Danger have visited the Challenger Deep in the Marian Trench......
" The Breach (also known as the Portal), is a fissure located off the coastline of China near Guam on the floor of the Challenger Deep of the Pacific Ocean. It connects the Earth to the Anteverse; the homeworld of the Precursors and the Kaiju "
" On August 10, 2013, the breach was opened on the floor of the Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench between two tectonic plates. Upon opening, Kaiju began to move through the portal towards various cities located on the Pacific Rim "
What is the Challenger Deep?
"The Challenger Deep is the deepest known point in the Earth's seabed hydrosphere "
"Most recently set on 36,070 feet, a figure confirmed with modern sonar techniques"
So how much pressure is in the Challenger Deep?
"The Pressure at the deepest part of the Mariana Trench is over 8 tons per square inch"
"The pressure at this depth is approximately 1,099 times that at the surface, or 111 MPa ()"
- 8.045 tons/ Sq. inch = 1,159.1 tons/ Sq. foot
While being underwater, the Jaegars with the Kaiju were just fine with this amount of pressure underwater. So at bare minimum they can withstand up to 8 tons/ Sq. inch.
2) Next, here we see Tresspasser pushing apart the Golden Gate Bridge
The Golden Gate Bridge in total weighs 887,000 tons
But the problem is, Tresspasser only pushed like a section of the bridge.
So lets assume Tresspasser didn't push 1/2... not 1/3.... but 1/5 of the bridge apart.
So around of force.
Another source that can back this claim up is Knife Head.
- From the radar in the boat off the coast of Alaska, he was traveling at speeds of 1 mile per second.
(1600 meters / second )
With that speed by his weight (2,500 tons ---> 2,267,962 kg)
(1600 meters / Second ) x (2,267,962 kg) = 3,628,739,200 N
3,628,739,200 N = 815,773,021.95 lb
815,773,021.95 lb =
In the fight with Gipsy Danger, Knifehead was able to get in a few blows in on Gipsy that the Jaegar tanked pretty well, until it finally was destroyed. One time, the Kaiju even used their speed with their whole body into the strike!
In piercing damage:
- Since its a little difficult to actually know how big Knife head's are is we need to guess a little bit. Lets say the Kaiju has covering in a strike from their fist, because in the video the Kaiju's hand was barely larger than Gipsy's dome head.
177,400 tons / 25 =
407,886.5 tons / 25 =
So a Jaegar can withstand up to
With These Results, compare them to Modern weapons.
Most powerful Missiles!
- The MOAB has a of force, but the problem is this weapon's force is distburce over a large area.Since a Jaegar can at least withstand 7,000 tons / Sq. ft. , This weapon would not be strong enough to take out a Jaegar.
- The Father OF All Bombs has a yield of 44 tons of force, 4 times powerful than the American missile above.
As you can see, this bomb disburses its force over a large area, and 44 tons of force in total is not comprese in sq. ft.
So here's my blog. Hoped you like it.