Avatar image for earthquake_2123
Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Earthquake_2123

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/j-j--abrams-says--star-wars-episode-vii--script-done--confirms-jesse-plemons-talks-212350048.html

The destruction of the expansion of our of precious Star Wars Universe know as the EU begins. :***(

Good bye Boba Fett! You have now died as an official idiot being beat by a blind guy, instead surviving the Pitt to become Legend.Also see ya Mara Jades; one of the sexiest red-heads in all of fiction. All thanks Jar-Jar Abrams and you Disney punks

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He can have it all rebooted for all I care. Just like he did with Star Trek. It makes no difference now.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I wonder what other changes will be made.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/j-j--abrams-says--star-wars-episode-vii--script-done--confirms-jesse-plemons-talks-212350048.html

Good bye Boba Fett! You have now died as an official idiot being beat by a blind guy, instead surviving the Pitt to become Legend.Also see ya Mara Jades; one of the sexiest red-heads in all of fiction. All thanks Jar-Jar Abrams and you Disney punks

Boba Fett was killed by a blind guy way before anything else was done with star was. Jar-Jar Bings was created by Goerge Lucas films not Disney way before Disney brought Star Wars. The movies has always been the official stories. You can still read other stories. Deal with it. Also another to use the link function to link to other pages.

Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Earthquake_2123

@tupiaz:

@tupiaz said:

@earthquake_2123 said:

Boba Fett was killed by a blind guy way before anything else was done with star was.Jar-Jar Bings was created by George Lucas films not Disney way before Disney brought Star Wars.The movies has always been the official stories.You can still read other stories. Deal with it. Also another to use the link function to link to other pages.

1. What? I know that, but now the continuity of him surviving the Pit will be extinguished and so will all of his adventures after.(Unless they put/reference him in the new movie) 2. Where in my did I mention Jar-Jar Binks? What does that have to do with anything. 3. Wrong! The Movies and the Movie's Novelization/Comics/T.V approved by Lucas and Lucas Arts are officail. Nobody denied the movie being official but George Lucas approved sub-sets of G-Canon(Movie/Novel of movie) C-Canon(Novels not in movie/comics/video games/CloneWars cartoon), and T-Canon(TheClonesWars CGI cartoon) Unless you don't consider KOTOR canon and the Force Unleashed canon either, which they are. 4. I know I can, so you don't have to tell me that. I was just venting my disapproval/disgust about the changes being made in Star Wars canon. The expanded stories that got me so much more interested in the Saga to begin with. Tales of the Bounty Hunter was the first Star Wars novel I ever read growing up. That's the one where Boba(one of my favorite Star Wars characters) is said to have survived that stupid death he had in ROTJ. Where he became even more likable, his story expanded and turned out to be even more badass.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz:

@tupiaz said:

@earthquake_2123 said:

Boba Fett was killed by a blind guy way before anything else was done with star was.Jar-Jar Bings was created by George Lucas films not Disney way before Disney brought Star Wars.The movies has always been the official stories.You can still read other stories. Deal with it. Also another to use the link function to link to other pages.

1. What? I know that, but now the continuity of him surviving the Pit will be extinguished and so will all of his adventures after.(Unless they put/reference him in the new movie) 2. Where in my did I mention Jar-Jar Binks? What does that have to do with anything. 3. Wrong! The Movies and the Movie's Novelization/Comics/T.V approved by Lucas and Lucas Arts are officail. Nobody denied the movie being official but George Lucas approved sub-sets of G-Canon(Movie/Novel of movie) C-Canon(Novels not in movie/comics/video games/CloneWars cartoon), and T-Canon(TheClonesWars CGI cartoon) Unless you don't consider KOTOR canon and the Force Unleashed canon either, which they are. 4. I know I can, so you don't have to tell me that. I was just venting my disapproval/disgust about the changes being made in Star Wars canon. The expanded stories that got me so much more interested in the Saga to begin with. Tales of the Bounty Hunter was the first Star Wars novel I ever read growing up. That's the one where Boba(one of my favorite Star Wars characters) is said to have survived that stupid death he had in ROTJ. Where he became even more likable, his story expanded and turned out to be even more badass.

1. What continuity will be extinguished? JJ. Abrams have said nothing what there would be in the movie instead he said.

“There’ve been so many of them,” he said. “It’s amazing to see how many there are. … But it’s sweet because it shows that there’s an interest in this movie that we all obviously know is there. But it is an incredible thing to see how many crazy things get thrown out that people often then write commentaries about. How happy they are, how disappointed they are about something that is completely false. It’s a lot of noise, frankly.”

Which you are being a perfect example of right now.

2. Jar Jar Abrams was clearly a reference to him. So you tell me.

3. It has always been that the new continuity should respect what has previously been done that is the official statement. I haven't seen anything about the new movies that has changed than and more importantly you haven't proved anything you. One of only thing that has never tried to be put in continuity is the old Marvel comics and other stuff like that. On the other hand Star Wars continuity has always been fuzzy when it comes to the universe outside of the movies. That it was a parallel universe.

4. I don't real need that kind of information for our debate nor is it any valid argument.

Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Earthquake_2123

@tupiaz: IT'S NOT A DEBATE DUDE. IT'S A OFF TOPIC THREAD!

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tupiaz

@earthquake_2123 said:

@tupiaz: IT'S NOT A DEBATE DUDE. IT'S A OFF TOPIC THREAD!

Just because something is off topic doesn't mean it isn't a debate. It means that it hasn't to do with anything related to any forum topics. If you wanna do a personal rant make a blog. But when you post something on the internet you got to expect that people respond if not it is best not to be on the internet. By the way caps lock doesn't make you look tougher or make your point more valid. Frankly it does quite the opposite it makes you look like a child stomping in the ground because it can have cookies for dinner.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cool

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is good news. I hated the expanded universe, mostly the Thrawn nonsense.

Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sesquipedalophobe: But I guess you liked the video games like the force unleashed and the Old Republic games right. Everything else was just lame to you? Because those are part of the EU as well since they aren't a part of the movie. @tupiaz: Leave me alone man.

DoomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The destruction of the expansion of our of precious Star Wars Universe know as the EU begins. :***(

It's said that Boba Fett isn't going to survive the Sarlaac or are you just saying that?

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sesquipedalophobe: But I guess you liked the video games like the force unleashed and the Old Republic games right. Everything else was just lame to you? Because those are part of the EU as well since they aren't a part of the movie. @tupiaz: Leave me alone man.

You guessed wrong. Those games sucked.

Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthquake_2123: I love the original trilogy. I come from a family where all everyone talks about is Star Wars. Now imagine four of my six siblings crying about the edited and remastered versions, talking about Timothy Zahn being the best writer and indulging themselves on everything prequel, mostly for their children's sakes. While the expanded universe is a nice idea, it's essentially fan fiction even under the Lucas logo. I'm waiting for these movies to destroy everything bandwagon fans hold dear to their hearts.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Yokergeist

Interesting.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

...I'd hope the script was long done given that the movie has less than 2 years to pre, shoot, post and release

Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@sesquipedalophobe said:

@earthquake_2123: I love the original trilogy. I come from a family where all everyone talks about is Star Wars. Now imagine four of my six siblings crying about the edited and remastered versions, talking about Timothy Zahn being the best writer and indulging themselves on everything prequel, mostly for their children's sakes. While the expanded universe is a nice idea, it's essentially fan fiction even under the Lucas logo. I'm waiting for these movies to destroy everything bandwagon fans hold dear to their hearts.

I'm not following your logic. Because you like the OT and don't like listening to your siblings' talk about prequels/EU, everyone who likes the EU is a bandwagonner gorging on fanfiction?

I answered his question. Frankly, I love that J.J Abrams is basically throwing out years of trashy continuity that served no purpose. I think the question you should be asking is: how many books, action figures and collectible slurpee cups do you think earthquake owns?

Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Earthquake_2123

@sesquipedalophobe: So not only am I actually more knowledgeable about Star Wars and so are most of the people that knowledge the EU and Prequels as Star Wars no more or less, but you're criticizing us for appreciating it more than you. It's not that's trash it's just you either don't like it or are to intellectually incompetent to follow it(MANY SW FANS DO), OR maybe it's that the people who only like the OT are NOT REAL STAR WARS FANS, not the ones you claim are not.

EDIT: I don't own a lot of books but I have source books. The action figures I gave away or sold and I owned a Slurpee cup from EPS 1 when I was younger. Not ashamed of any of that stuff because I ACTUALLY LIKE STAR WARS. Unlike you. Your insults are bland and weak bro. Try again

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: I made it somewhere after the time Luke mentored Kyp Durron. Exar Cun was a nice touch, but as I understood it it just wasn't continuity (Exar Cun was fabricated for the comics, also an attempt to show off a double-sided lightsaber that they failed to touch up on with Darth Maul, in all its trickery). I didn't particularly like how anyone could become a supposed Dark Lord, something Lucas just had to incorporate in the prequels. The books were pretty much fan fiction.

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthquake_2123: You know I was kidding about the slurpee cups, right? I didn't know those existed...

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I'm actually more worried about this than Batman/Superman. I mean yes those are icons but this is also iconic (as was Star Trek), I'm all about the new but I hope Abrams doesn't go all "prequel Lucas," on us.

Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sesquipedalophobe: All of it's fiction based on fans of sci-fi. Sooo, your point? It's not that random people were involved in the EU's creation. It's Those writers(who are also fans) being approved by Lucas and have authoritative right and knowledge of Star Wars, under the Star Wars Logo, to write about them or illustrate the comics. Not regular people like u and me, who had nothing to do with the EU's creation. It has a large/loyal fan base that has transcended over decades right along with it. Get use to it. Where you YOU choose to accept it, is more so on you and not others who have.