IYO: What's the best comic book game?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

IYO - In your opinion.

So, IYO, what game based on comic books was the best that you've played?

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2 Icarusflies  Moderator

Batman: Arkham.

I loved Arkham City, but I actually preferred the sheer claustrophobia of the first one. AC has a bit more replay value though.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

There was a Hulk game for Xbox and ps2 that was kind of like GTA's sandbox style, but instead of stealing cars, you smash them. It was actually pretty fun. I don't remember what it was called.

TheWolverine04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

DC Universe Online

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

There was a Hulk game for Xbox and ps2 that was kind of like GTA's sandbox style, but instead of stealing cars, you smash them. It was actually pretty fun. I don't remember what it was called.

I remember that. Then you could use the cars as boxing gloves and leap to the top of tall buildings. I loved that game. Never bothered with the story, just used the car gloves and beat the crap out of stuff lol. I think it was The Incredible Hulk.

Batman: Arkham.

I loved Arkham City, but I actually preferred the sheer claustrophobia of the first one. AC has a bit more replay value though.

Yea, I think the Arkham series is the best story-wise. It goes in depth. The think I like about it is, it's not a comic book game based on a movie. I'd rather replay Asylum than City.

TheWolverine04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheWolverine04

@batman242: @tparks: It was called Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. It's second on my post.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewolverine04: I was personally referring to The Incredible Hulk. it's the only Hulk game I've played. Ultimate Destruction looks sick, though.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Asylum. Though as much as I loved Arkham City I still am one to prefer the one that introduced me into this version of the character and I always choose to appreciate them over the ones that overall was better made.

TheWolverine04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Yeah The Incredible Hulk is the one on Xbox 360 and Ps3. Ultimate Destruction is on PS2, Xbox. If you still have a PS2 or Xbox I recommend finding a used copy of Ultimate Destruction. It's awesome.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MethoKi

@batman242: Yeah The Incredible Hulk is the one on Xbox 360 and Ps3. Ultimate Destruction is on PS2, Xbox. If you still have a PS2 or Xbox I recommend finding a used copy of Ultimate Destruction. It's awesome.

I remember playing it on a PS2. My memory can't be that bad lol. But I don't have a PS2 anymore. If I did, I'd only want Kingdom Hearts 1 &2 and then think about that one later. lol. No offense ;)

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Paragon_Sean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Paragon_Sean

X-men Legends 1 and 2 are great! I'm still sad that they never made a 3rd one.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Here's my list of top comic book games:

• Marvel Ultimate Alliance
  • Batman Arkham Asylum/City
  • Spider-Man 2
  • X-Men Origins Wolverine
  • The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
  • Ultimate Spider-Man
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us

Honorable mentions: Captain America: The First Avenger.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Haven't even played it yet

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15 JediXMan  Moderator

Arkham Asylum. I love Arkham City, but Asylum did an amazing job of setting the tones and maintaining the atmosphere. If I were to make one complaint, it would be the ending.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Arkham City/Asylum

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Arkham Asylum

2. Spider Man (PS1)

3. X Men: The Arcade Game

4. Marvel Ultimate Alliance

5. TMNT: Turtles In Time

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

Arkham City.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Bruxae

The Walking Dead, followed by Arkham Asylum.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Arkham City.

Arkham Asylum was good, but the freedom of movement in Batman Arkham City was something else.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ultimate Alliance

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae: Oh yeah, I loved that game.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman n64

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

From my experience:

1. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  2. Spider-Man 2
  3. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
  4. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
  5. Batman: Arkham City
  6. Spider-Man PS1
  7. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
  8. Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro PS1
  9. X-Men Legends
  10. X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse
  11. X2: Wolverines Revenge

Honorary mention: Lego Batman 2, a blast to play with others but very little replay value and development of the side characters. Very interested to get Lego Marvel though, Hope they have learned from the Batman games.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Arkham City.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No marvel vs Capcom mention yet?

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Ultimate Aliance, Justice League Heroes, Injustice, Tsr Marvel RPG, & the VS System card game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Man that game takes me back. That and a few Spider-Man games were the best.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. MUA
  2. Arkham Asylum
  3. XML2
  4. Ultimate Spider-Man
Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Arkham City

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Spider-Man 2

Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

X-Men Legends

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Injustice : Gods Among Us is my favorite.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:
  1. MUA
  2. Arkham Asylum
  3. XML2
  4. Ultimate Spider-Man

Ultimate Spiderman was easily the best Spiderman game.

Missions were fun, the map was pretty big, bosses were varied, playing as Venom was a blast, saving civilians was fun...It was all just awesome. Wish I still had it.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By the_tree

Batman: Arkham City.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:
  1. MUA
  2. Arkham Asylum
  3. XML2
  4. Ultimate Spider-Man

Missions were fun, the map was pretty big, bosses were varied, playing as Venom was a blast, saving civilians was fun...It was all just awesome. Wish I still had it.

Yeah the graphics were awesome too, loved the cel-shaded stuff, and I really dug how Bendis wrote the script and Bagley's art style was really incorporated. But honestly, the chases were a pain in the a*s to play. The Venom Electro chase took me like eight tries before I got it!

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know the one that's most nostalgic for me is the original 1991(?) Captain America and the Avengers arcade game that was ported to the Sega Genesis. It's basically the reason I got into Marvel as a kid.

I just felt like I had to mention it. =P

16-bit Iron Man is awesome...
16-bit Iron Man is awesome...

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@comicstooge said:

@veshark said:
  1. MUA
  2. Arkham Asylum
  3. XML2
  4. Ultimate Spider-Man

Yeah the graphics were awesome too, loved the cel-shaded stuff, and I really dug how Bendis wrote the script and Bagley's art style was really incorporated. But honestly, the chases were a pain in the a*s to play. The Venom Electro chase took me like eight tries before I got it!

I liked the chases, particularly the one against Beetle and Rhino.

Though yeah, the Electro chase was annoying.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@comicstooge said:

@veshark said:
  1. MUA
  2. Arkham Asylum
  3. XML2
  4. Ultimate Spider-Man

Ok yeah, those two were pretty fun. The Beetle one especially was quite challenging to finish.

But Electro was just downright irritating....gahh felt like it was way too long with no checkpoints.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@comicstooge said:

@veshark said:

@comicstooge said:

@veshark said:
  1. MUA
  2. Arkham Asylum
  3. XML2
  4. Ultimate Spider-Man

Ok yeah, those two were pretty fun. The Beetle one especially was quite challenging to finish.

But Electro was just downright irritating....gahh felt like it was way too long with no checkpoints.

Did you have a favourite boss battle?

Mine was either Wolverine, Beetle (as Spiderman in the construction tower), Silver Sable, Rhino or Green Goblin (just because he was so freaking difficult and it was satisfying to beat him).

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge

Mm, the boss battles were definitely a highlight of the game..

Goblin's probably my favorite boss fight actually - I didn't find him all that tough to deal with? I actually had more trouble with the chase than the fight, but he was a really cool baddie to pummel. He looked awesome and intimidating with all that fire.

Oh, and I liked beating the crap out of Electro too, especially after all the grief he gave me. And the Times Square battle was quite challenging - you have to balance between blowing up the neon signs, recharging your health, and making sure Electro doesn't kill Spidey.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@comicstooge

Goblin's probably my favorite boss fight actually - I didn't find him all that tough to deal with? I actually had more trouble with the chase than the fight, but he was a really cool baddie to pummel. He looked awesome and intimidating with all that fire.

Oh, and I liked beating the crap out of Electro too, especially after all the grief he gave me. And the Times Square battle was quite challenging - you have to balance between blowing up the neon signs, recharging your health, and making sure Electro doesn't kill Spidey.

I had trouble dodging Goblin's fireballs and actually waiting for the opportunity to hit him. Especially in the courthouse where space was limited.

Electro was cool, I kept absorbing him as he went human. Fun times.

I'd kill for another Ultimate Spiderman game, same play style, graphical style, similar writing etc. Even if we had to play as Miles Morales.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@comicstooge

I had trouble dodging Goblin's fireballs and actually waiting for the opportunity to hit him. Especially in the courthouse where space was limited.

I'd kill for another Ultimate Spiderman game, same play style, graphical style, similar writing etc. Even if we had to play as Miles Morales.

I just followed Gobby's pattern and tapped X like a maniac. Huh, for some reason it never occurred to me to absorb Electro when he went human.

Mm I'd absolutely play a sequel. One of the disappointments of this first game was that we never got to see the rest of the Ultimate Six (save for Goblin and Electro). It would be cool to go up against Spidey's more recognizable rogues (Sandman, Kraven, Doc Ock) rather than like Beetle and Sable.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@comicstooge said:

@veshark said:

@comicstooge

I just followed Gobby's pattern and tapped X like a maniac. Huh, for some reason it never occurred to me to absorb Electro when he went human.

Mm I'd absolutely play a sequel. One of the disappointments of this first game was that we never got to see the rest of the Ultimate Six (save for Goblin and Electro). It would be cool to go up against Spidey's more recognizable rogues (Sandman, Kraven, Doc Ock) rather than like Beetle and Sable.

So true.

Oh well, hopefully we'll get one, one day.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My list would have to be

1. Batman Arkham City

2. The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction

3. Batman Arkham Asylum

4. X-Men Origins Wolverine

5. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1

6. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

7. X-Men Legends 1

8. X-Men Legends 2

9. Injustice Gods Among Us

10. Hulk 2003 Movie Game

Never was a huge fan of the Spider-Man games in general on any console although some of them were really good like for example Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man Shattered Dimension's.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

The best is and always will be Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Epic story, simple but fun gameplay, and the most replay value out of all comic games. Plus, how can you not love to have Spider-Man, Deadpool, Thor, Captain America, & many others all in the same game.

Other greats would include:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • The Walking Dead (shut up, it's based on a comic)
  • Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (X Box 360 & PS3 only. The Wii version was God awful)
  • The Punisher (2005)
  • Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Also, I haven't played X-Men Legends, Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, or Ultimate Spider-Man, so I can't list them.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekbait: dude get on that. the feels you'll have. but don't get survival instinct. it's a very very very poor man's WD game.