• 78 results
#1 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

After a long, arduous journey, I've finally been published!

My short story is available on amazon for $1.99

From the Future, Past By Connor M. Perry

EDIT: As of yesterday, I've completed book one in a series of novellas and published it through Kindle as well.

The Last Age of Magic By Connor M. Perry

This also marks the last post of mine on CV (with the exception of responses to this). Sort of following in 's footsteps. I've decided I want to do this whole writing thing for a living, and I won't have much time to be on CV. I'll be on when I can, but that won't be much. In addition I will not be able to post short stories or novel excerpts (something that prohibited me from publishing a novella a while ago)

EDIT EDIT: I've recently started a project in which I'm going to be writing serialized fiction (think ACD's Sherlock Holmes) about a cast of characters, pirates, all running from Poseidon dubbed The Crew, the first "episode" went live earlier today.

C:The Crew #1: A Day in the Life of a Pirate, found in the link

might want to see this...

#2 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats but dont leave the Vine :)

#3 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations, and best of luck to you. :]

#4 Posted by SoA (4777 posts) - - Show Bio

congratulations!!

#5 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job, man! I knew you had it in you :D

#6 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations!

#7 Edited by YoungJustice (6799 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, not fair.

Why must you choose money over us.

DAMN......DAMN.....DAMN

Congrats anyway.

#8 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17887 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations!

#9 Posted by wildvine (9112 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations.

#10 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53:

congrats!

#11 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20164 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations!

#12 Posted by MrDirector786 (43527 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats!

#13 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14595 posts) - - Show Bio

to break the congrats streak I am going to say happy birthday!

#14 Posted by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent

#15 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: @Xanni15: @SoA: @NlGHTCRAWLER: @HBKTimHBK: Thanks. :)

@YoungJustice said:

Dude, not fair.

Why must you choose money over us.

DAMN......DAMN.....DAMN

Congrats anyway.

I APOLOGIZE DEEPLY!

@mrdecepticonleader: @wildvine: @The Poet: @YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: @MrDirector786: thanks!!

@DarkKnightDetective said:

to break the congrats streak I am going to say happy birthday!

Okay...

@nick_hero22 said:

Excellent

Yes. Very.

#16 Posted by batkevin74 (10605 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: So just a question, did you submit this to a publisher or is this self published stuff?

Congratulations on your new endeavour

#17 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratumalations duder!

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20164 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53:

Your cover was a little bland, so I made one myself!

#19 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Nice! Congrats, man :)
#20 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats!

#21 Posted by _Cain_ (23666 posts) - - Show Bio

CONGRATS!

#22 Posted by sentryssj4 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job!! Not to be a stick in the mud or anything but, can't everyone publish whatever they wan't on amazon..?

#23 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

This is fantastic! Congratulations and yes, you are right to stop posting on here although its a loss for us.

Love your story and I wish you success in your endeavour to share your imagination with as much people as possible. If anything, hopefully you can pop in and give some advice and encouragement to other CV'ers who hope to travel the same path as you and TypingKira.

Again, all the best.

:)

#24 Posted by God_Spawn (37729 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations.

#25 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

Congrats but dont leave the Vine :)

#26 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats !

#27 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: Congratulations!

#28 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Gratz

#29 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

This is fantastic! Congratulations and yes, you are right to stop posting on here although its a loss for us.

Love your story and I wish you success in your endeavour to share your imagination with as much people as possible. If anything, hopefully you can pop in and give some advice and encouragement to other CV'ers who hope to travel the same path as you and TypingKira.

Again, all the best.

:)

I'll be on every now and then basically just to check messages. Feel free to PM me if you like. :D

#30 Posted by sabracadabra (543 posts) - - Show Bio

congrats.

#31 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: Hey! Hey Hey Hey! Didn't i help with oyuor editing!? Didn't i spend a long time reading yer stuff and encouraging you!?! Didn't we share moonlit dinners, staring long into each others eyes whilst skipping madly down the beach at moonlight!?! AND YOU DON'T EVEN INCLUDE ME IN THE CALLOUT FOR THIS THREAD!?!? Being a published writer has changed you, man...

Seriously though, congratulations man. If you feel Comic Vine doesn't help you move forward with your writing, then i completely understand your decision to leave. Don't forget us little folk though and keep us posted with all you future accomplishments which will doubtless be frequent and inspiring. I'm off now to spend money on a story that a buddy of mine wrote...

#33 Edited by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations! I'm doing the same thing myself. Unfortunately I have to wait till next year because "someone thought it would be a great idea to announce their independent book into a comic forum". Thanks a lot jerk. I'm only joking about fifty percent of that and I hope a very successful future in this industry. See you on the other side creator.

#34 Posted by CapFanboy (4920 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger said:

@primepower53: Didn't we share moonlit dinners, staring long into each others eyes whilst skipping madly down the beach at moonlight!?!

That...wasn't him...

#35 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger said:

@primepower53: Hey! Hey Hey Hey! Didn't i help with oyuor editing!? Didn't i spend a long time reading yer stuff and encouraging you!?! Didn't we share moonlit dinners, staring long into each others eyes whilst skipping madly down the beach at moonlight!?! AND YOU DON'T EVEN INCLUDE ME IN THE CALLOUT FOR THIS THREAD!?!? Being a published writer has changed you, man...

Seriously though, congratulations man. If you feel Comic Vine doesn't help you move forward with your writing, then i completely understand your decision to leave. Don't forget us little folk though and keep us posted with all you future accomplishments which will doubtless be frequent and inspiring. I'm off now to spend money on a story that a buddy of mine wrote...

OHMYGOD! I feel so guilty now! I was in a hurry to post this before I left and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

@I'maDC/ImageGuy! said:

Congratulations! I'm doing the same thing myself. Unfortunately I have to wait till next year because "someone thought it would be a great idea to announce their independent book into a comic forum". Thanks a lot jerk. I'm only joking about fifty percent of that and I hope a very successful future in this industry. See you on the other side creator.

and now I feel even worse.

#36 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: Why? Not many people have taken the first step of doing what you just did. A tip of Lara's tank top for being brave and publishing your work out there for the masses to enjoy. Just don't ever give up doing what makes you happy.

#37 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats!

#38 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@I'maDC/ImageGuy! said:

@primepower53: Why? Not many people have taken the first step of doing what you just did. A tip of Lara's tank top for being brave and publishing your work out there for the masses to enjoy. Just don't ever give up doing what makes you happy.

haha thanks (That was mostly a joke, by the way)

In other news, I'll have my novella up in about eleven hours or so. I'll edit the OP when it's live.

#39 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

OP edited. I've recently published THE LAST AGE OF MAGIC. The first novella in a series.

#40 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20164 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

OP edited. I've recently published THE LAST AGE OF MAGIC. The first novella in a series.

How much per book?

#41 Posted by TheThe (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations. One part is done, now I hope your books will be good and succesfull enough for you live by it. Good luck!

#42 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@primepower53 said:

How much per book?

I've only finished and published one, which is priced at $5.00

@TheThe said:

Congratulations. One part is done, now I hope your books will be good and succesfull enough for you live by it. Good luck!

Thanks

#43 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5524 posts) - - Show Bio

Congradulations!! Don't forget about your culture. lol Sorry just saw ''Sh!t that Asian parents say."

#44 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

After a long, arduous journey, I've finally been published!

My short story is available on amazon for $1.99

From the Future, Past By Connor M. Perry

EDIT: As of yesterday, I've completed book one in a series of novellas and published it through Kindle as well.

The Last Age of Magic By Connor M. Perry

This also marks the last post of mine on CV (with the exception of responses to this). Sort of following in 's footsteps. I've decided I want to do this whole writing thing for a living, and I won't have much time to be on CV. I'll be on when I can, but that won't be much. In addition I will not be able to post short stories or novel excerpts (something that prohibited me from publishing a novella a while ago)

might want to see this...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#45 Posted by batkevin74 (10605 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: So is this self published or were you approached by a publisher?

#46 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap congratulations dude!

#47 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations person I don't know :D

What? At least I'm the one being honest in this thread >.>

Seriously though, that's awesome, and keep up the good work! Sounds like you've been at it for a while ^^

#48 Posted by slacker the hacker (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats! kinda jealous lol

#49 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

A wee bit late but congrats!

#50 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

@primepower53: So is this self published or were you approached by a publisher?

self published