IT'S DR WHO'S 50TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!

• 77 results
Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@mrdecepticonleader: @mercy_: @war_killer:

It's so much easier to just say that Hurt is 8.5.

That way you don't have to have the "But he doesn't consider himself "The Doctor"..." conversation.

Why would he be 8.5? Surely saying he was 0 or something like that would be more accurate. ?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@mrdecepticonleader: But he did say he considered himself the Doctor again at the end even if he forgot about it. Still forgetting about it makes it easier to count the Doctors.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@mrdecepticonleader: But he did say he considered himself the Doctor again at the end even if he forgot about it. Still forgetting about it makes it easier to count the Doctors.

Well he is a Doctor but not one of his regeneration's.

Did you enjoy the episode?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Episode was amazing :O

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Lvenger
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Duuude I was like O_O When they nearly averted "killing" the time lords lol

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Loved it. Really surprised that it was so good. How about you?

Yeah same here. I was really pleased with it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Right? If it had messed things up, I'd have been angry lol

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Lvenger

@pyrogram: And that episode could definitely have been missed up big time.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

That way you don't have to have the "But he doesn't consider himself "The Doctor"..." conversation.

I saw someone mentioned him being numbered 8.5, which I personally feel is a good explanation for it, that way he would be counted among the Doctor's other regenerations but without altering the current numbering. Along with this I read someone suggest that because The Doctor's regeneration into Hurt's Doctor wasn't completely naturally, as the Eight Doctor drank that stuff in the mini-episode (The Night of the Doctor), this would make Hurt's Doctor an unnaturally regeneration and therefore not be counted as one of his normal regenerations. But either way, personally I prefer simply referring to Hurt's Doctor as 8.5, it's easier to explain and keeps the numbering of the Doctor's the same.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, when Tom pop up on screen, I fanboyed out

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123 said:

I saw someone mentioned him being numbered 8.5, which I personally feel is a good explanation for it, that way he would be counted among the Doctor's other regenerations but without altering the current numbering. Along with this I read someone suggest that because The Doctor's regeneration into Hurt's Doctor wasn't completely naturally, as the Eight Doctor drank that stuff in the mini-episode (The Night of the Doctor), this would make Hurt's Doctor an unnaturally regeneration and therefore not be counted as one of his normal regenerations. But either way, personally I prefer simply referring to Hurt's Doctor as 8.5, it's easier to explain and keeps the numbering of the Doctor's the same.

Yeah I missed that Night of The Doctor (don't understand why they didn't add that at the start of the episode instead)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@mrdecepticonleader: The show does mini-sodes like that sometimes that make the overall episode better. It's a lot more feasible to put crucial (but overtimed) scenes online instead of waiting for the DVD's deleted scenes, I think.

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Personally I haven't watched the actual episode, but I did watch an Adventure in Space and Time and the Five[ish] doctors Reboot and they were both absolutely wonderful. The former was heartbreaking to watch and they were spot on with the casting except for the person who they got to play Patrick Troughton, that was awful, but the rest was spot on. The latter was hilarious and I loved all the cameos that were there. That's what made me miss the show I used to love to be honest. Moffatt's? Not so much, but hopefully he'll leave soon and we'll get a wonderful Capaldi Doctor with 3D companions instead of the same ~mysterious female companion who the doctor has to figure out~ trope that we keep seeming to be getting.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: The show does mini-sodes like that sometimes that make the overall episode better. It's a lot more feasible to put crucial (but overtimed) scenes online instead of waiting for the DVD's deleted scenes, I think.

I agree but they could have tacked it on to the actual episode.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lvenger

Does anyone know what the link is between The Moment and Bad Wolf that Rose created when she absorbed the Time Vortex? Apparently there's a neat link between those two but I can't find it myself.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@innervenom123 said:

I agree but they could have tacked it on to the actual episode.

I'm saying the scenes involved probably made the episode too long to be included.

@lvenger said:

Does anyone know what the link is between The Moment and Bad Wolf that Rose created when she absorbed the Time Vortex? Apparently there's a neat link between those two but I can't find it myself.

There isn't a canon link, it's just implied/a theory. There's no good argument against it, either, though.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Lvenger

@innervenom123: Oh so it's just a hint then. Cool, thanks for the info.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#71  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@innervenom123 said:

@lvenger said:

There isn't a canon link, it's just implied/a theory. There's no good argument against it, either, though.

I was under the impression that The Moment appeared like Rose or "Bad Wolf" as it was a form The Doctor was, or would eventually be, comfortable with. I'd have to re-watch the episode, but I don't remember there be any further connection other than that.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: That was mentioned in the episode I believe. I just heard theories that this form was linked to Bad Wolf later on.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#73  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Just watched it. There's only one thing that can describe how I am feeling:

This:

E-PIC
E-PIC

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should I spoiler tag the pic?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jesusdisciple001

@jwwprod said:

@stmichalofwilson said:

Happy 50th Doctor!!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

THOSE PICTURES ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

please where are the first two pics from?