• 76 results
#1 Edited by JwwProd (9468 posts) - - Show Bio

Tomorrow it's the 50th anniversary of one of my favorite (if not my absolute favorite) TV show of all time.

Doctor Who!

GOD! I absolutely love Dr who! every since the third episode of the first series of the revived Dr who show I was hooked and absolutely loved it!

Now Dr Who has become one of the most important parts of my life!

I have loads of Dr Who dvds and action figures.

HELL! I even went to a place where they showed us the sets a few years ago in 2008!

and now with the 50th anniversary coming up tomorrow there is no doubt that I am pumped!!!!!!!

So what do you guys think? how do you think the 50th anniversary is going to be like?

#2 Posted by Bruxae (13871 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Who? (c wut i did der)

#3 Posted by Rouflex (18399 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt know....

#4 Posted by timelord (707 posts) - - Show Bio

I want now been waiting for to long for this. My body is ready.

#5 Posted by Rouflex (18399 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelord said:

I want now been waiting for to long for this. My body is ready.

Huuum What about no?

#6 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17376 posts) - - Show Bio

cool :)

#7 Posted by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot wait! =D

#8 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

So pumped for the 50th anniversary episode! Really looking forward to seeing my favourite Doctor aka Tennant back on the screen!

#9 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so pumped. Although from the two previews of Gallifrey so far, the mminisode and the actual miniclip from the episode, I'm a little let down about what the Time Lords are like. RTD said he couldn't bring it to screen because of the magnificence and scope and unspeakable horror, but Moffat seems to think "pew pew" laser guns are enough. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I've no worries about the story, the end of season 7 was quite good and I think this one will be too, it's just the Time War that irks me.

But I can't wait. Been listening to a loop of all the different Gallifrey themes from the show, and I think it's my favorite suite from the show now.

#10 Posted by Cooldes (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

It's also the 50th anniversary of the JFK assination... where's his thread?

smh..

#11 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: That's a sad thread :( I believe today is the 50th anniversary of CS Lewis dying as well. :(

#12 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Anniversary all you Who-ligans!

#13 Edited by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

Just had a stunning thought. The Master got stuck in the last moments of the Time War in End of Time. This episode will visit those last moments of the Time War. That's how they could bring the Master back.

#14 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

It's time!!!

#15 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11049 posts) - - Show Bio

Just give me Peter as the doctor

#16 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so pumped. Although from the two previews of Gallifrey so far, the mminisode and the actual miniclip from the episode, I'm a little let down about what the Time Lords are like. RTD said he couldn't bring it to screen because of the magnificence and scope and unspeakable horror, but Moffat seems to think "pew pew" laser guns are enough. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I've no worries about the story, the end of season 7 was quite good and I think this one will be too, it's just the Time War that irks me.

But I can't wait. Been listening to a loop of all the different Gallifrey themes from the show, and I think it's my favorite suite from the show now.

TBH, this episode deals with the Time Lords at a different point in history where they are using 'pew pew' laser guns against the Daleks and all that. Though I'm no huge Moffat fan myself, his scripts have been lackluster at times. The Time War has been a murky issue since Doctor Who was revived and it does need some clarification. Hopefully that's what we'll get.

#17 Posted by laflux (15935 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

So pumped for the 50th anniversary episode! Really looking forward to seeing my favourite Doctor aka Tennant back on the screen!

#18 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18051 posts) - - Show Bio

Will be watching it tonight! Hope it will live up to some of the hype at least.

#19 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

LMAO you find the creepiest gifs Laflux! ;)

#20 Posted by laflux (15935 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

LMAO you find the creepiest gifs Laflux! ;)

Its one of my favorites. I doubt Tom Baker will make an appearance though >:(

#21 Posted by Pyrogram (38423 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

LOL

#22 Posted by laflux (15935 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Its how I imagine theacidskull >:)

#23 Posted by Pyrogram (38423 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by consolemaster001 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@bruxae said:

Dr Who? (c wut i did der)

ASDFGHJKLŞİ

#25 Edited by JwwProd (9468 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I'am a bit concern seeing how I've heard and looked up that no classic Doctor's will be featured in this special but I'm still looking forward that it :)

Just had a stunning thought. The Master got stuck in the last moments of the Time War in End of Time. This episode will visit those last moments of the Time War. That's how they could bring the Master back.

That's a very good thought! =)

#26 Posted by Ostyo (7887 posts) - - Show Bio

Who? :P

#27 Edited by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwwprod: Looks like I was right. The Master, and Rassilon, will be coming back. Heck yes!!

#28 Posted by JwwProd (9468 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwwprod: IMHO one of Moffat's best. The acting was awesome, the interactions were awesome, the way he actually made the retconn fit was pretty cool, since it wasn't actually a retconn

#30 Edited by War Killer (20206 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've see around the web, this appears to be a serious question among fans now, so if anyone wants to give a guess please do: So does John Hurt's "Doctor" now count as the Ninth Doctor, thus making Eccleston the "Tenth Doctor," Tennant the "Eleventh Doctor," and Smith as the "Twelfth Doctor?"

This appears to be a very sensitive questions among Whovians so I'm curious as to what you guys think.

#31 Posted by russellmania77 (15370 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked the 9th one more than 10 so far

#32 Edited by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: I'd say no. He himself doesn't consider himself an incarnation of the Doctor.

But they did mention something about all thirteen of them. Matt's Eleven, when you add in Capaldi and Hurt, that brings you to thirteen. So it looks as though the show's canon might consider him as one.

#33 Posted by War Killer (20206 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: That's the way I looked at it, as Hurt's character doesn't consider himself a "Doctor" and thus isn't considered one of the twelve incarnations of "The Doctor."

I read people mentioning that as well on other sites, but from what I've read is that it's not clear if the reference to there being thirteen was the number of "Doctors" or simply thirteen TARDIS'. At the end of the episode it was stated that Hurt's character wouldn't remember what had happened and would go on to believe that he had destroyed Gallifrey, thus still disowning himself as a "Doctor." So by that I would think he still isn't counted, but others may disagree. Personally I think the current numbering of the Doctor's regenerations shouldn't be altered as it would just get confusion.

#34 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME.......

#35 Posted by dngn4774 (3145 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME.......

I know right. I loved the cameo from the Curator at the end. ;)

#36 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11049 posts) - - Show Bio

As the 9th, or is he the 10th would say FANTASTIC

#37 Edited by _Atomikill_ (4272 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that Hurt was the actual 9th Doctor, Eccleston the 10th, Tennant the 11th, and Smith the 12th. Since that was how they listed them- and he says its a 400 year period between his time and Smith's time.

#38 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4800 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrasts. I'm a new fan. I've only watched 3 episodes so far but it seems solid.

( +)

#39 Edited by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pumped that we now have a partial explanation for the Bad Wolf/Big Bang episodes. Since we know stuff left in the TARDIS for a long time fuses with it (both from books and audios, and episodes), the Moment must have fused with the TARDIS. The Ninth Doctor just didn't know, as until Matt Smith, none of the Doctor's would recognize the "change" in the time line.

#40 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

HAPPY 50TH ANNIVERSARY DOCTOR WHO!!!

#41 Edited by StMichalofWilson (3831 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy 50th Doctor!!!

#42 Edited by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio

David Tennant. That is all.

#43 Edited by JwwProd (9468 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: That's the way I looked at it, as Hurt's character doesn't consider himself a "Doctor" and thus isn't considered one of the twelve incarnations of "The Doctor."

I read people mentioning that as well on other sites, but from what I've read is that it's not clear if the reference to there being thirteen was the number of "Doctors" or simply thirteen TARDIS'. At the end of the episode it was stated that Hurt's character wouldn't remember what had happened and would go on to believe that he had destroyed Gallifrey, thus still disowning himself as a "Doctor." So by that I would think he still isn't counted, but others may disagree. Personally I think the current numbering of the Doctor's regenerations shouldn't be altered as it would just get confusion.

That's who I see it too. Even though there were rumours going round that the 12 regeneration limit of the Time Lords was going to be scrapped, Moffat said it was too integral to tamper with. So that leaves the question of how, if Hurt is now the 9th Doctor, that makes Smith the last regeneration of the Doctor and where that comes into play with the regeneration limit.

#45 Posted by Loki9876 (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the episodes because I live in Belgium.

#46 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18051 posts) - - Show Bio

It was quite good. Very cleverly done actually.

@lvenger said:

@war_killer said:

That's who I see it too. Even though there were rumours going round that the 12 regeneration limit of the Time Lords was going to be scrapped, Moffat said it was too integral to tamper with. So that leaves the question of how, if Hurt is now the 9th Doctor, that makes Smith the last regeneration of the Doctor and where that comes into play with the regeneration limit.

Maybe Hurt is the first as in he has not regenerated and therefore he does not count as a regeneration. Thus the Doctor would have 12 actual regeneration's from number 1 (William Hartnell up to number 12 (Peter Capaldi). So that is his actual limit.

#47 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@war_killer said:

Maybe Hurt is the first as in he has not regenerated and therefore he does not count as a regeneration. Thus the Doctor would have 12 actual regeneration's from number 1 (William Hartnell up to number 12 (Peter Capaldi). So that is his actual limit.

Hmm I guess so. Hurt did regenerate from 'natural causes' whereas all the other Doctors have had unnatural causes to their deaths. But that doesn't explain the 13 Doctors that showed up.

#48 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18051 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@lvenger said:

@war_killer said:

Hmm I guess so. Hurt did regenerate from 'natural causes' whereas all the other Doctors have had unnatural causes to their deaths. But that doesn't explain the 13 Doctors that showed up.

There were 13 including him. So technically there is 13 Doctors. But he was the one none of them talked about. Basically there were the 12 that show up and him making it 13.

#49 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

It was awesome.

#50 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: @mercy_: @war_killer:

It's so much easier to just say that Hurt is 8.5.

That way you don't have to have the "But he doesn't consider himself "The Doctor"..." conversation.