IT'S DR WHO'S 50TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!

• 77 results
jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jwwprod

Tomorrow it's the 50th anniversary of one of my favorite (if not my absolute favorite) TV show of all time.

Doctor Who!

GOD! I absolutely love Dr who! every since the third episode of the first series of the revived Dr who show I was hooked and absolutely loved it!

Now Dr Who has become one of the most important parts of my life!

I have loads of Dr Who dvds and action figures.

HELL! I even went to a place where they showed us the sets a few years ago in 2008!

and now with the 50th anniversary coming up tomorrow there is no doubt that I am pumped!!!!!!!

So what do you guys think? how do you think the 50th anniversary is going to be like?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dr Who? (c wut i did der)

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I didnt know....

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want now been waiting for to long for this. My body is ready.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelord said:

I want now been waiting for to long for this. My body is ready.

Huuum What about no?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

cool :)

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Cannot wait! =D

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

So pumped for the 50th anniversary episode! Really looking forward to seeing my favourite Doctor aka Tennant back on the screen!

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so pumped. Although from the two previews of Gallifrey so far, the mminisode and the actual miniclip from the episode, I'm a little let down about what the Time Lords are like. RTD said he couldn't bring it to screen because of the magnificence and scope and unspeakable horror, but Moffat seems to think "pew pew" laser guns are enough. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I've no worries about the story, the end of season 7 was quite good and I think this one will be too, it's just the Time War that irks me.

But I can't wait. Been listening to a loop of all the different Gallifrey themes from the show, and I think it's my favorite suite from the show now.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's also the 50th anniversary of the JFK assination... where's his thread?

smh..

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: That's a sad thread :( I believe today is the 50th anniversary of CS Lewis dying as well. :(

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nerdork

Happy Anniversary all you Who-ligans!

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Imperator

Just had a stunning thought. The Master got stuck in the last moments of the Time War in End of Time. This episode will visit those last moments of the Time War. That's how they could bring the Master back.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's time!!!

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just give me Peter as the doctor

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so pumped. Although from the two previews of Gallifrey so far, the mminisode and the actual miniclip from the episode, I'm a little let down about what the Time Lords are like. RTD said he couldn't bring it to screen because of the magnificence and scope and unspeakable horror, but Moffat seems to think "pew pew" laser guns are enough. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I've no worries about the story, the end of season 7 was quite good and I think this one will be too, it's just the Time War that irks me.

But I can't wait. Been listening to a loop of all the different Gallifrey themes from the show, and I think it's my favorite suite from the show now.

TBH, this episode deals with the Time Lords at a different point in history where they are using 'pew pew' laser guns against the Daleks and all that. Though I'm no huge Moffat fan myself, his scripts have been lackluster at times. The Time War has been a murky issue since Doctor Who was revived and it does need some clarification. Hopefully that's what we'll get.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

So pumped for the 50th anniversary episode! Really looking forward to seeing my favourite Doctor aka Tennant back on the screen!

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will be watching it tonight! Hope it will live up to some of the hype at least.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

LMAO you find the creepiest gifs Laflux! ;)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

LMAO you find the creepiest gifs Laflux! ;)

Its one of my favorites. I doubt Tom Baker will make an appearance though >:(

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

LOL

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Its how I imagine theacidskull >:)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bruxae said:

Dr Who? (c wut i did der)

ASDFGHJKLŞİ

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jwwprod

Though I'am a bit concern seeing how I've heard and looked up that no classic Doctor's will be featured in this special but I'm still looking forward that it :)

Just had a stunning thought. The Master got stuck in the last moments of the Time War in End of Time. This episode will visit those last moments of the Time War. That's how they could bring the Master back.

That's a very good thought! =)

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who? :P

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Imperator

@jwwprod: Looks like I was right. The Master, and Rassilon, will be coming back. Heck yes!!

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: IMHO one of Moffat's best. The acting was awesome, the interactions were awesome, the way he actually made the retconn fit was pretty cool, since it wasn't actually a retconn

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#30  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

From what I've see around the web, this appears to be a serious question among fans now, so if anyone wants to give a guess please do: So does John Hurt's "Doctor" now count as the Ninth Doctor, thus making Eccleston the "Tenth Doctor," Tennant the "Eleventh Doctor," and Smith as the "Twelfth Doctor?"

This appears to be a very sensitive questions among Whovians so I'm curious as to what you guys think.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i liked the 9th one more than 10 so far

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By Mercy_

@war_killer: I'd say no. He himself doesn't consider himself an incarnation of the Doctor.

But they did mention something about all thirteen of them. Matt's Eleven, when you add in Capaldi and Hurt, that brings you to thirteen. So it looks as though the show's canon might consider him as one.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@mercy_: That's the way I looked at it, as Hurt's character doesn't consider himself a "Doctor" and thus isn't considered one of the twelve incarnations of "The Doctor."

I read people mentioning that as well on other sites, but from what I've read is that it's not clear if the reference to there being thirteen was the number of "Doctors" or simply thirteen TARDIS'. At the end of the episode it was stated that Hurt's character wouldn't remember what had happened and would go on to believe that he had destroyed Gallifrey, thus still disowning himself as a "Doctor." So by that I would think he still isn't counted, but others may disagree. Personally I think the current numbering of the Doctor's regenerations shouldn't be altered as it would just get confusion.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME.......

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME.......

I know right. I loved the cameo from the Curator at the end. ;)

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As the 9th, or is he the 10th would say FANTASTIC

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By _Atomikill_

I believe that Hurt was the actual 9th Doctor, Eccleston the 10th, Tennant the 11th, and Smith the 12th. Since that was how they listed them- and he says its a 400 year period between his time and Smith's time.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Congrasts. I'm a new fan. I've only watched 3 episodes so far but it seems solid.

( +)

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Imperator

I'm pumped that we now have a partial explanation for the Bad Wolf/Big Bang episodes. Since we know stuff left in the TARDIS for a long time fuses with it (both from books and audios, and episodes), the Moment must have fused with the TARDIS. The Ninth Doctor just didn't know, as until Matt Smith, none of the Doctor's would recognize the "change" in the time line.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#40  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

HAPPY 50TH ANNIVERSARY DOCTOR WHO!!!

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#41  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Happy 50th Doctor!!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SurelockeHomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SurelockeHomes

David Tennant. That is all.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jwwprod
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: That's the way I looked at it, as Hurt's character doesn't consider himself a "Doctor" and thus isn't considered one of the twelve incarnations of "The Doctor."

I read people mentioning that as well on other sites, but from what I've read is that it's not clear if the reference to there being thirteen was the number of "Doctors" or simply thirteen TARDIS'. At the end of the episode it was stated that Hurt's character wouldn't remember what had happened and would go on to believe that he had destroyed Gallifrey, thus still disowning himself as a "Doctor." So by that I would think he still isn't counted, but others may disagree. Personally I think the current numbering of the Doctor's regenerations shouldn't be altered as it would just get confusion.

That's who I see it too. Even though there were rumours going round that the 12 regeneration limit of the Time Lords was going to be scrapped, Moffat said it was too integral to tamper with. So that leaves the question of how, if Hurt is now the 9th Doctor, that makes Smith the last regeneration of the Doctor and where that comes into play with the regeneration limit.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I haven't seen the episodes because I live in Belgium.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was quite good. Very cleverly done actually.

@lvenger said:

@war_killer said:

That's who I see it too. Even though there were rumours going round that the 12 regeneration limit of the Time Lords was going to be scrapped, Moffat said it was too integral to tamper with. So that leaves the question of how, if Hurt is now the 9th Doctor, that makes Smith the last regeneration of the Doctor and where that comes into play with the regeneration limit.

Maybe Hurt is the first as in he has not regenerated and therefore he does not count as a regeneration. Thus the Doctor would have 12 actual regeneration's from number 1 (William Hartnell up to number 12 (Peter Capaldi). So that is his actual limit.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@war_killer said:

Maybe Hurt is the first as in he has not regenerated and therefore he does not count as a regeneration. Thus the Doctor would have 12 actual regeneration's from number 1 (William Hartnell up to number 12 (Peter Capaldi). So that is his actual limit.

Hmm I guess so. Hurt did regenerate from 'natural causes' whereas all the other Doctors have had unnatural causes to their deaths. But that doesn't explain the 13 Doctors that showed up.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@lvenger said:

@war_killer said:

Hmm I guess so. Hurt did regenerate from 'natural causes' whereas all the other Doctors have had unnatural causes to their deaths. But that doesn't explain the 13 Doctors that showed up.

There were 13 including him. So technically there is 13 Doctors. But he was the one none of them talked about. Basically there were the 12 that show up and him making it 13.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49  Edited By InnerVenom123

It was awesome.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@mrdecepticonleader: @mercy_: @war_killer:

It's so much easier to just say that Hurt is 8.5.

That way you don't have to have the "But he doesn't consider himself "The Doctor"..." conversation.