deactivated-1530978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1) We're born to die

2) there is no after life

3) there are nasty people who treat you as if you're dumb or dishonest, when they are the liars. (I wont go into detail about that now)

What do you all think?

artgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By artgamer

yeah pretty much, just think you live in a ball of mud in middle of the space,but things as comics make it less pointless

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@aliensoldier105 said:

1) We're born to die

3) there are nasty people who treat you as if you're dumb or dishonest, when they are the liars. (I wont go into detail about that now)

What do you all think?

1) We die but I'm pretty sure are whole purpose in life isn't to just sit there and wait too die.

2) How do you know?

3) This should be your response:

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@aliensoldier105 said:

1) We're born to die

What do you all think?

1) We die but I'm pretty sure are whole purpose in life isn't to just sit there and wait too die.

2) How do you know?

3) This should be your response:

and so begins the ecard infestation of comicvine

Chaos_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chaos_Dragon

Life isn't about searching for meaning; it's about creating it.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Imagine_Man15

Well I think that there is an afterlife, but I'm no mood to debate that, so I'll just say this... whether its pointless or not, you might as well try to find as much enjoyment in it as you can. And sitting around contemplating the pointlessness of it all does nothing to help that cause.

Avatar image for deactivated-1530978
deactivated-1530978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GrandSymbiote94: im only asking for opinions on the matter, don't mind me, as for number 2, well excuse me, but I do not hear voices of spirits of dead relatives or friends. so that one was self evident for me. but at the same time, we humans are so much more than just robots, we're able to think and do things for ourselves, and to an extent, we can all keep ourselves alive with maintenance (food, water, shelter and even education which will give you knowledge about treatments for wounds)

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheDude123

@aliensoldier105 said:

1) We're born to die

What do you all think?

My theory is that life's supposed to be hard or else we might take eternity/immortality for granted. Without a frame of reference for what sucks we might not appreciate what's truly awesome.

Plus I think it's a test.

With that stated the evil and cruel people pretty much ruin the world though and their crap is perpetuated generation after generation.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikethekiller

Life is what you make it.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Chaos_Dragon said:

you just described my meaning of life.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nickthedevil

Just enjoy it and make the best of it. There's your meaning.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By karetaker

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@Chaos_Dragon said:

you just described my meaning of life.

i think his point is that your creating a point in a pointless situation. like putting a rubix cube in a dimension of nothingness. then blowing it up. it made no difference weather it was there or not and doesent mater if anyone remembers it bexause the cube never mattered in the first place.

@aliensoldier105:does that reply work for you?

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KnightRise

YOLO

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sherlock

This seems like a very dreary thread

No Caption Provided

Please enjoy this picture of a piggy in rain boots to make all your problems go away =)

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@karetaker: Actully I think that he meant that you have to do your own thing, you have to create your own meaning in life. or at least that is how I live my life

deactivated-1530978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karetaker: there was no contradiction in my OP mate, so I do not know what you're trying to suggest. and like I was trying to explain. if there was such thing as an after life (minus the possibility of reincarnation which would be awful) I would already know of it by now. But I'm going to have to be honest and say I have never seen any ghosts or had near death experiences, and even then I'd try to convince myself whether or not they were hallucinations based on what happened.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By karetaker

@DarkKnightDetective: oh i was referring to the guy who wrote the OP

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HBKTimHBK
  1. I believe we're all born for our own reasons, and I don't know about you, but death sure as hell won't be my reason.
  2. That is a theory yet to be proven
  3. I'd prove them wrong

And btw, I thought the opposite and thought we were all just passing time until we die..it was a very depressing time of my life.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Ask me this question three years ago, and I would have said. 

"No, life isn't pointless, the whole point of our existence, is to exist, to live our lives to their fullest potential and to enjoy the bonds and experiences we make along the way.'' 

However, presently, I've tried doing that by going to college, to become successful..and honestly, it's boring, I'm sick of routine, I'm sick of doing the same things day in and day out, wake up, school, work, go home, sleep, repeat. It's monotonous, "live our lives to the fullest" sounds all well and good, but honestly, is that even possible? with so many barriers, financial and physical impeding our path? I used to be a fairly optimistic guy, but every day I grow more and more Nihilistic. 

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@karetaker: oh no, he needs to get high on Joker Venom that is my answer to that, I was talking about the guy that I replied to.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By karetaker

@aliensoldier105: im not saying you were making a contradiction. i probably wasn't specific with the point of my point. i made a metaphor for why life is infact pointless for the two guys who stated there purpose for life. then i asked if thats what you were thinking along the lines of when you made the OP. i wasent trying to say you were being contradictory :) my bad

deactivated-1530978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HBKTimHBK said:

1. I believe we're all born for our own reasons, not just to die
  3. I'd prove them wrong

Oh don't get me wrong, I do look into NDE stories, but how do you know they're not all lies to line their pockets? Our brain functions by electrical activity in our neurons, once our brain dies, that electrical activity stops and we're no more. until scientists prove quantum entanglement is a real phenomenon, I'm not going to support the idea of a spiritual afterlife.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By karetaker

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@karetaker: oh no, he needs to get high on Joker Venom that is my answer to that, I was talking about the guy that I replied to.

lol we should send Harley to his room for a weekend

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@aliensoldier105 said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

1. I believe we're all born for our own reasons, not just to die
  3. I'd prove them wrong

Oh don't get me wrong, I do look into NDE stories, but how do you know they're not all lies to line their pockets? Our brain functions by electrical activity in our neurons, once our brain dies, that electrical activity stops and we're no more. until scientists prove quantum entanglement is a real phenomenon, I'm not going to support the idea of a spiritual afterlife.

Until scientists disprove it, I'll believe it.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ARMIV2

No, it really isn't...'course I have direction and a goal in life...not to mention God, family, and true blue friends.

Everything is just peachy.

deactivated-1530978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HBKTimHBK: well there's that, but you see that brings me back to what I said in my OP. I see no reason to support the idea of an afterlife, what isn't proven or disproved shouldn't be supported. and we all know the bible is full of crap.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Blood1991

The anwser for all complex emotional problems can be found inbetween the pages of comic books.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@aliensoldier105 said:

@HBKTimHBK: well there's that, but you see that brings me back to what I said in my OP. I see no reason to support the idea of an afterlife, what isn't proven or disproved shouldn't be supported. and we all know the bible is full of crap.

2.1 billion Christians disagree.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@aliensoldier105:  

@HBKTimHBK : well there's that, but you see that brings me back to what I said in my OP. I see no reason to support the idea of an afterlife, what isn't proven or disproved shouldn't be supported. and we all know the bible is full of crap

At the risk of turning this into a religious debate, I must say, believing in the Bible, thus the Christian religion, and believing in an afterlife are two completely different things.
deactivated-1530978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Stegman: Indeed, for all we know the bible is merely a misinterpretation of what the next life really is, but to assume there is one with a lack of evidence (or without a personal experience which is convincing enough for doctors) it's insanity.

deactivated-1530978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HBKTimHBK: this isn't supposed to be a thread about religion, but I don't mind it being turned into a debate as to whether there is an afterlife or not, it is relevant to one of my points in my OP. :)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@aliensoldier105:  

but to assume there is one with a lack of evidence (or without a personal experience which is convincing enough for doctors) it's insanity.

The Absence of evidence, may not be the evidence of absence, for centuries scientists could not prove that there were worlds beyond our own, or that microscopic bacteria was in the vary air that we breathe, heck, even today, many planets, stars and galaxies are still unknown, to claim something doesn't exist simply because there is no proof of it, is an error in judgement.
HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@aliensoldier105 said:

@HBKTimHBK: this isn't supposed to be a thread about religion, but I don't mind it being turned into a debate as to whether there is an afterlife or not, it is relevant to one of my points in my OP. :)

It has yet to be proven, but has yet to be disproven. And due to me being an optimist and raised as a Christian, I tend to have hope that there is one. I'll find out eventually. But even if there is no afterlife, that doesn't make life pointless.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By joshmightbe

Actually you are born to keep the species going

You can't prove there is no after life, not saying that means there is one just that you can't know for a fact without dying

as for 3 well some people are dicks

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HBKTimHBK said:

@aliensoldier105 said:

It has yet to be proven, but has yet to be disproven. And due to me being an optimist and raised as a Christian, I tend to have hope that there is one. I'll find out eventually. But even if there is no afterlife, that doesn't make life pointless.

Yep I think it could help make life seem more meaningful or to at least value life better rather than just hoping to go to an afterlife.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I believe in an afterlife, so I don't really see life as "pointless."

I won't get into a debate, thanks.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Aiden Cross

Not if you have someone/something to live for. Maybe you just haven't found yours yet ;)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@joshmightbe said:

Actually you are born to keep the species going

You can't prove there is no after life, not saying that means there is one just that you can't know for a fact without dying

as for 3 well some people are dicks

Perhaps we are judged by how we react to the "bad people."

Or perhaps the "bad people" is just an example of free will, without which we, ourselves, wouldn't have any personality at all to decide what is good or bad.

deactivated-1530978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HBKTimHBK: And i've always said this, if there is a just deity of any kind, he certainly wouldn't send people to a dark pit for not being aware of his presence. that's just retarded. that would be like being condemned for not being able to swim (I'm a strong swimmer myself, just making an example for those who can't) but I don't believe in any so to me it's a non issue.

as to my point, if there is no afterlife, and we're born to die, then that's what makes us who we are wasted @joshmightbe

that circles back to my question, because each and every newborn of every specie on the planet will just die off, and to lose what makes us would suck, living in fear, pain and misery would also suck harder. we can't win either way. and as for the afterlife question well whatever, all I can say is the only way a creator would escape responsibility for evils of our world is if he wasn't omnipotent. omnipotence by definition, means able to create free will without the every day ***hole on the news that ends up in prison and you paying to keep them.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CODYSF

@KnightRise said:

YOLO

I hate that stupid word it sound stupid

deactivated-1530978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan: You can have free will without the bad. gorillas live in better harmony than we humans do and we've got them outnumbered by the billions.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@aliensoldier105 said:

@JediXMan: You can have free will without the bad. gorillas live in better harmony than we humans do and we've got them outnumbered by the billions.

There are still bad ones amongst gorillas. And the outnumbered thing kinda helps my point.

deactivated-1530978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: the sort of afterlife I'd want

1) seeing the ones I cared about who passed away

2) no more darkness, that is to say, don't want to see anymore wars, no more bar brawls and no more dickheads who lie to you. then the question becomes, could all that be achieved if you played bloody FPS games in the hereafter? XD I think not, but then if someone shot you with a gun there the bullets would just go straight through you and you wouldn't feel them. everyone knows the dead cannot die again XD joking aside, that eternal utopian we'd all want seems extremely unlikely to be true, and I'm having an optimistic speculation when I say that.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#44  Edited By TronHammer

In the absence of any information about the purpose of life or whether or not there is an afterlife we'll just have to make it up as we go along.

People should do what is right within the framework of their circumstances.

Some people are truely awful. Be happy you're not one of the victims that never even has a chance (babies and children born into horrible situations who die tragic deaths never even knowing the good things about life or having a chance to even experience it themselves).

Even though you should be happy that you've lived long enough to enjoy some things (like comic books!) there is no excuse for awful people to be the way they are.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Revenge is living well and successfully. (despite their best efforts to ruin your life)

Just hope there is a way to go around them so that you can ignore them and allow them to become irrelevent.

If you actually have to fight them to prevent them from affecting your life them then fight to win.

If you want to punch someone in the nose aim for the back of the skull.

Cheers! :D

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Wouldnt it be crazy if you found the point of life on a Comicbook website?  "I had all but given up hope for the human race until Supergokufan121 dropped some serious knowledge. Changed my entire life philosophy."

deactivated-1530978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:

@aliensoldier105 said:

There are still bad ones amongst gorillas. And the outnumbered thing kinda helps my point.

Not really, because they're not making spears and going medieval style on us, I'm pretty sure with the intelligence gorillas have and how they can be trained they're more than capable of conjuring up them sort of ideas, they just choose not to sink to our collective level I think. Yes you get the odd bad gorilla, but even if there were the same number of them compared to humans there wouldn't be nearly as many disruptive gorillas as there are humans.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By agent9149

1. We are not born to die, we are born to live, it just so happens that dying is a part of life. Think of a life like a flame, do you really think that the flame was created to simply burn out, rather it was created with a purpose to enlighten the dark room in which its in.

2. Even though you don't believe in the aftrerlife that doesn't mean you are or anyone else is certain of it. Stop thinking about the far future and focus on the present. The past is gone, what has been done has been done, and nothing can change that; the future doesn't exist, it will never exist in the physical world, because it is a concept of the mind; the present however is always here and it is always counting, focus on each second your alive.

3. The world is filled with assholes, liars, cheats, and just purely wick ed people. I i assure you, don't close you're eyes from the world just yet, there is good here, it is just hard to see, look at the night sky, isn't it filled with trillions of small lights, those lights represent all the good in the world, and the evil, it is represented by the sun, you can see the light of the stars with the shining of the sun, but that doesn't mean they're not there, you just have to remember that there is still good on this planet even though evil is shinning right in your face.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AweSam
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#49  Edited By SC  Moderator

We are born to live then die. Having an end to something doesn't make it pointless. Life is diverse and as such the point of life is diverse. Life is also very complex to define, let alone afterlife, so trying to make any statement about it for me would be too long to bother with. Though I am skeptical of the simple notions of afterlife. Ideas of afterlife are psychological comforts for those that both have the comprehension of death and the time for comprehension of death. Life has a lot of people, many that could be considered nasty, many who could be considered hypocrites, many who could be considered sycophants and so on and so on. Then again peoples perceptions vary in level of flaws, life is pretty tough in many complicated ways, people have pretty complex defense mechanisms. Identifying traits objectively can help as far as helping people changing them, trickier to change things when casting subjective judgements on others.   

Sonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Sonata
@Gambler said:
Wouldnt it be crazy if you found the point of life on a Comicbook website?  "I had all but given up hope for the human race until Supergokufan121 dropped some serious knowledge. Changed my entire life philosophy."
Dr. Phil in disguise:P