Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HillbillyMorangie

The last 100 years have shown the US constitution and the UK parliament should be ditched...

They don't work, they promote two party politics, so they are Instantly undemocratic as they do not show proportional representation.

It could be argued it is the rigid outdated governments that caused the second world war and two financial crashes. In any other walk of life if something that broke you bin it and pay experts to create something fit to purpose.

I feel that as long as right wing people put tradition above common sense we will just see more war and more depression and less interest in politics... When every party is ask ally the same, its just despotism with a changing face to mislead people. The staff in the offices that actually run our countries hardly ever change and only have their own agenders.

No wonder the Scots want to jump ship.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Erik

@hillbillymorangie: Did someone just trash-talk my constitution? While calling WWII, 'the second weld war' and saying things like 'agenders'? To that I only have one thing to say...

Just try to take my constitution away...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik hit it.

You tear away the foundation and the America you love will cease to exist. Do I think we need changes? Yup. Not to the Constitution, though.

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HillbillyMorangie

@erik: lol, yeah, spellings

Umm you do realise the constitution isn't just one line? That's actually one of the less damaging things in there... But whatever, if this turns into a don't touch my magic paper thread ill ditch it... I seriously would like to know why we are not progressive when voting numbers keeps dropping, due to out of touch useless governments where no party has a majority, because there is no real difference between parties. We all know this is because the people with control live in the back rooms and pull whatever leaders strings to make sure nothing changes.

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HillbillyMorangie

@jonny_anonymous: really? Good luck getting UKIP even one seat under the current system, why do you think Lib Dems were so desperate for a change?

But so far everyone's highlighting the issue perfectly, everyone wants tradition yet there is no longer representation by the people for the people, its a case of for a minority, by a minority.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: so what did you mean? Just because there are more then two parties doesn't mean the numbers of MPs they have reflects the % of voters they have, or conservatives would have 36% Labour 29% Lib Dem 23% not the conservative 47% Labour 39% Lib dem 9% we have

We know why, because the conservatives and labour want to stay in power, but sadly its not democracy... Does nobody else watch Sunday politics? Or visit the government website? Or read history? I am starting to worry its just me :(

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie: Because the British Government is made up of the Conservatives and the Lib Dems with Labour as the opposition, therefore it's not a two party system.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: lol, yeah, spellings

Umm you do realise the constitution isn't just one line? That's actually one of he less damaging things in there... But whatever, if this turns into a don't touch my magic paper thread ill ditch it... I seriously would like to know why we are not progressive when voting numbers keeps dropping due to out of touch useless governments where no party has a majority because there is no real difference between parties. We all know this is because the people with control live in the back rooms and pull whatever leaders strings to make sure nothing changes.

Good thing I never said, "Just try to take away that one line on the constitution", isn't it? I said you can't have my constitution at all. None of it. If you are going to ditch the thread for the grenade that you threw into it, then yeah, GTFO.

Also, most people in America had an opportunity to vote for a third party during the last election. They failed to get the numbers to have the party recognized. That's on the people, not the evil government that only wants to make you into a slave.

As for the rest of your posts, I can't even begin to tell you where you are wrong. I literally can't, your posts are completely incomprehensible. I mean, someone as intelligent as you could surely post in a concise manner, right? I shouldn't have to bring my Inturnt OMFG Lulz decoder ring just to figure out what you are saying.

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: you really think the 57 MPs the conservatives used to make sure they could form a minority government proves its not a two party system?

Well you welcome to your view, but its a bit strange, the fact that they gained 1% of the electorate but lost 5 seats just shows how crazy it is... They have not achieved one of their policies and can only argue they slightly adjusted some of the Tories...

Where do people get all this misguided belief in their governments, when electoral turnout is never much above 50% so your lucky the party in power is voted for by more then 25% of the population... If your happy that's democracy then I think you need to look at some other countries...

What's worse is all the old traditions that allow the poor elections to exist, that allow banks to run amuck, that allow the whole country to shut down because you don't want the president you elected to do anything with his power. Yet you still think it is amazing and works.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie: I never said it was a good government, hell I've voted SNP since I was aged to vote all I'm saying is it's not a 2 party system because it's not.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This thread is really useless

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason the constitution isn't working is because we're not using it.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jphu8414
No Caption Provided

The Joker sure does like your opinion....

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riot! Riot! Riot! Riot!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@erik said:

@hillbillymorangie: Did someone just trash-talk my constitution? While calling WWII, 'the second weld war' and saying things like 'agenders'? To that I only have one thing to say...

No Caption Provided

This.

But instead of guns the good people of England shall scold you with boiling hot tea to protect our so called, 'two party system' [:/]

No Caption Provided

Seriously though, this proposal is dumb.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canada isn't so bad, you should all move here.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189 said:

Canada isn't so bad, you should all move here.

This. Canada is the best

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/canada-appreciation-thread-1544327/

Come visit my Canada appreciation thread ^^^ #

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Good Canada is Best Canada!!!!

(Alberta is the best part)

But srsly, we have a stable government, economically we are the best country in the world right now, most people are really friendly, and we have a beer.

Harper can be a dick sometimes, but he isnt as bad as Obama.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@erik said:

I don't think he even mentioned the U.S. Constitution (which is a very nearly perfect document). But I agree that two-party politicking is nothing but harmful to this country. We can't unite over anything, and we disagree just for the sake of disagreeing.

Democrat: "Hey I'd really love it if everyone could get medical treatment no matter their personal income"

Republican: "Hey me too! That's a great idea!"

Democrat: "Thanks! It's only logical."

Republican: "Say...what party are you again?"

Democrat: "Democrat."

Republican: " *gasp* Down with affordable health care! It's just another government handout that's destroying this country!"

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I'll get right on it.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@erik said:

I don't think he even mentioned the U.S. Constitution (which is a very nearly perfect document).

The last 100 years have shown the US constitution and the UK parliament should be ditched...

They don't work, they promote two party politics, so they are Instantly undemocratic as they do not show proportional representation.

Seems like he mentioned it to me.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JakeN7

@erik said:

@jaken7 said:

@erik said:

I don't think he even mentioned the U.S. Constitution (which is a very nearly perfect document).

@hillbillymorangie said:

Seems like he mentioned it to me.

Well f*** me then.

No Caption Provided

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Lol. I agree with everything else you were saying though. :p

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@jaken7: Lol. I agree with everything else you were saying though. :p

Ah, coolio.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

This.

There is a reason that the us government is the longest lasting form of government in human history: It works.

The fact that the government is corrupt and flawed is due to the fact that humans are corrupt and flawed, it's not the government system that is wrong, but the people themselves. Change the system and nothing will improve, the rules will just change.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#32 JediXMan  Moderator

... I think somebody needs to brush up on their history and political theory a bit.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

This.

There is a reason that the us government is the longest lasting form of government in human history: It works.

The fact that the government is corrupt and flawed is due to the fact that humans are corrupt and flawed, it's not the government system that is wrong, but the people themselves. Change the system and nothing will improve, the rules will just change.

YO! You mofos are speaking the TRUTH son, TRUTH.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

US constitution, UK parliament

....wat ?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kyrees

i suddenly remembered my life during martial law days with this thread.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189: Why is Obama so bad?

Too much 'Murica ITT.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately the uneducated masses still cling to the belief they have any control over whoever runs their lives.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Ok we get rid of the U.S. Government and the U.K. parliament.....then what? I don't mind change but if you're going to go out there and say that the world needs a fire-sale regarding governance then there needs to be something in place. Something that doesn't seem read like a "Utopian" idea.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MERICA

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

War would still exist and with out someone in charge another country will just conquer us

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I have a challenge for you: Instead of pointing out the flaws in what we have, present me with something better.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not pointing out the lack of knowledge in your post as others have done that. But what other system do you propose as an alternative to the ones we currently have? No political system will ever be perfect, there will always be flaws. People vote for the parties they want in power. It is the most democratic way really.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a challenge for you: Instead of pointing out the flaws in what we have, present me with something better.

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By dernman

Another blame it all on the right wing like the left wing isn't just as bad comment.

Those pesky wings. Who wants to fly anyway?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It is too late for that.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

It could be argued it is the rigid outdated governments that caused the second world war and two financial crashes. In any other walk of life if something that broke you bin it and pay experts to create something fit to purpose.

I feel that as long as right wing people put tradition above common sense we will just see more war and more depression and less interest in politics... When every party is ask ally the same, its just despotism with a changing face to mislead people. The staff in the offices that actually run our countries hardly ever change and only have their own agenders.

No wonder the Scots want to jump ship.

I cannot speak to the government of the UK because I am not privy to how it works. But in regard to your comments about the US constitution, I must disagree. America's constitution is near perfection. I only say "near" because perfection is subjective and because perfection is static. The constitution of our country, assuming you're American,is the system in place where men don't just follow men, they follow an agreed upon adoption of laws. The fickle nature of man is not always a good thing to follow. What you deem as good might not be the same opinion of someone else; so what we do was we look to the Constitution as a document that draws the line for which man can make laws for the times and provides us with a foundation of principles that transcend the evolution of society. If the constitution is wrong (which it has been, just take the 3/5 compromise, the Dred Scott decision and prohibition for a few examples) then that needs to be changed and under our Constitution it can be. I do wish the framers might have made it slightly easier to change...but not too easy of course. All-in-all I doubt there is a better constitution or rule of law established anywhere else in the world that is better than our Constitution. Now if you have a problem with our lawmakers then that is a different story.