Is Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 good and worth to buy?

Avatar image for lightenupwillya
LightenUpWillYa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 good and worth to buy? (20 votes)

Yes 60%
No 15%
It's not that good but still worth to buy. 25%

I only have Injustice: Gods Among Us as a fighting game. I almost did everything on it and played with my family alot that now I am bored.

I almost finished Arkham City and now I am thinking of buying Deadpool the game and Tomb Raider. After I finish their stories or even before I am thinking of buying a fighting game.

I like fighting games with super powers so I find Marvel's and DC's games fun. Should I buy it what do you think? I don't have enough money for all so after I finish Arkham City I'm only gonna buy 2 more games I guess.

• 
tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By tikhunt

I have played the game for just under 100 hours roughly since it came out and I still play it quite often, totally worth getting.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice is great, but UMvC is way better then Injustice.

Mostly due to the fact, that multiple characters can chain combos, faster pace, more variety of characters, and awesome visual effects.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah its bueno

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Don't do it, the learning curve is a 90 degree angle and there's no story to speak of. A tawdry, gaudy, frustrating distraction.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Loading Video...

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: oh yes. listen to joe. he plays everything. that comes out. on xbox360. so he's knows what you should or should not buy. screw ps3, psvita, pc. plus it's not like MK, injustice was/is doing the same thing right? he aint saying sh*t about that.

Avatar image for lightenupwillya
LightenUpWillYa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is bumping shamed in comic vine? I would like to know more people's opion.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jhazzroucher

yes definitely

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: oh yes. listen to joe. he plays everything. that comes out. on xbox360. so he's knows what you should or should not buy. screw ps3, psvita, pc. plus it's not like MK, injustice was/is doing the same thing right? he aint saying sh*t about that.

Uhh..you don't need to have all consoles to trusted. What Joe says in that video is true.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: yeah, that was more of a pet peeve. wtf doesnt he get a ps3? it has the best exclusives. anyway, it is true was he says, but he only bashes UMvsC3. what about the other games?didnt say sh*t about injustice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: He had an Injustice review and gave it an 8 IIRC. He did have some complaints on it. It does seem weird that he has an Xbox 360 if he doesn't review Halo or Gears of War games.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: he's not that stupid to review halo. he knows if he doesnt give it a perfect 10, he'll get so much hate and lose so many subscribers. didnt he review gears of war: judgement something?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By MethoKi

I personally hate MvC 3 for one reason; 3D. I don't like that they switched out the sprite versions of everyone for 3D. But, I do like that they have added characters like Deadpool and Storm.

I wouldn't buy it. I stick to 2, but, I guess it's worth it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: he's not that stupid to review halo. he knows if he doesnt give it a perfect 10, he'll get so much hate and lose so many subscribers. didnt he review gears of war: judgement something?

I don't think so.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: meh, i got tired of his constant yelling and being a general annoyance. and for not giving kingdom of amalur at least an 8. a 7?! the nerve.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: meh, i got tired of his constant yelling and being a general annoyance. and for not giving kingdom of amalur at least an 8. a 7?! the nerve.

I didn't see his review for Kingdom of Amalur. I generally enjoy his reviews because I also agree with them. There are very few reviews I disagree with him on.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: it has some really cool NEW weapons, for example CHAKRAS. the disc xena threw around, only 2. and the coolest looking big sword.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It depends on the price. If its costs any more than 20 bucks for ultimate mvc3 pass on it. I hated it.

• Not enough characters for my taste. MvC2 featured 56 characters. Granted they had 2 wolverines, iron man and war machine were too similar and there were a handful of characters that imho just plain sucked, but that is still plenty of variety. Blade, Silver Surfer and many others would've made nice additions to the roster. There were several characters that sucked and taskmaster was stupid
  • Much too easy for anyone to pick up a controller and button mash into moves. The game should be user friendly and beginner friendly, but part of playing a fighting game is learning moves and strategy.
  • I miss the 2D sprites. Graphically the game is fine, but nothing can top the old sprites. Simply improving them would have been fine with me.
  • The endings weren't fmv or anything. This is xbox 360 and ps3, so why the hell am i sitting here reading these boring ass endings. While i'm on the subject of endings most of them were just weak. Each character could and should have their own unique motivations for participating in the conflict and they didn't do that.
PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

UMVC3 is a horrible fighting game imo. It's completely broken and Capcom will probably have another version out in a year or so.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go for it, UMvC3 is the only Xbox Game I frequently play anymore.

@peppeyhare:

UMvC3 has been out for nearly two years without any newer versions.

Also how is it broken?

Anyone can use literally any team and do well so long as they are skilled like Abegen with Tron/Thor/She Hulk and DapVip with Dante/Iron Man/X-23. Compared to Marvel 2 where Cable, Magneto, Sentinel and Storm ruled the roost just how much you can do with the entire cast of UMvC3 is insane.

People complain about Morrigan, Wesker, Phoenix, Doom and such but that's just a lack of knowledge on matchups. People just need to the learn the game before saying how broken it is.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

No, download Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 instead. You're welcome.