• 110 results
Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@buttersdaman000: I guess I'm just an awful person for believing the parents should have a say in who becomes part of the immediate family.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Prince CortSether said:

" @buttersdaman000: I guess I'm just an awful person for believing the parents should have a say in who becomes part of the immediate family. "

lol not awful.......just sheltered and weird.......>_>
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#103  Edited By AgeofHurricane

IMO it's not racism, it's a preservation of culture especially if the Girls dad is Japanese, Chinese or Korean.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By NightFang3
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" Yep. That is racist. "
Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
" @Prince CortSether said:

" @buttersdaman000: I guess I'm just an awful person for believing the parents should have a say in who becomes part of the immediate family. "

lol not awful.......just sheltered and weird.......>_> "
I agree with the weird part. But variety is the spice of life :P
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Prince CortSether said:
" @buttersdaman000 said:
" @Prince CortSether said:

lol not awful.......just sheltered and weird.......>_> "
I agree with the weird part. But variety is the spice of life :P "
True True......like variety in the men/women you can choose as life partners lol

But, one question.
Say this girl really loved this guy, with all her heart. Im talking true love, soul mate, destiny, match made in heaven stuff. Should she listen to her parents when they say she cant marry the dude or what??
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@Prince CortSether: I think you are right and wrong. I think the child should take there parents opinion in to consideration but at the same time she needs to make her own decisions as well. If he is a good man, loves her and can care and support for a family then she would be crazy to loose a  good man for her fathers ignorant beliefs. Marriage is not the unification of 2 immediate families but the creation of a new one. Me and my Wife did not put are family before each other. Many marriages fail because of Family intervention. Not even your children should be allowed to affect your marriage, because the marriage is the foundation for the children and the family that you are building.
Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Osiris1428

It's just wrong. Marry who you want. Or not.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By Primmaster64
@weaponmaster said:
"

Theres only one human race. This is, however, and example of ethnicism.

an exerpt from the encyclopedia brittanica:

Race: Term once commonly used in physical anthropology to denote a division of humankind possessing traits that are transmissible by descent and sufficient to characterize it as a distinct human type (e.g., Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid). Today the term has little scientific standing, as older methods of differentiation, including hair form and body measurement, have given way to the comparative analysis of DNA and gene frequencies relating to such factors as blood typing, the excretion of amino acids, and inherited enzyme deficiencies.Because all human populations today are extremely similar genetically, most researchers have abandoned the concept of race for the concept of the cline, a graded series of differences occurring along a line of environmental or geographical transition. This reflects the recognition that human populations have always been in a state of flux, with genes constantly flowing from one gene pool to another, impeded only by physical or ecological boundaries. While relative isolation does preserve genetic differences and allow populations to maximally adapt to climatic and disease factors over long periods of time, all groups currently existing are thoroughly "mixed" genetically, and such differences as still exist do not lend themselves to simple typologizing. "Race" is today primarily a sociological designation, identifying a class sharing some outward physical characteristics and some commonalities of culture and history. See also climatic adaptation, ethnic group, racism. 

Pass it on.

"
XD
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By warlock360

Maybe it's less of a ethnic racial thing, but more of a lineage honor thing.

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111  Edited By mark5

A think its a dogmatic parents wanting to preserve their culture, tradition and way of life in the new generation. He expects her to continue the tradtition of marrying within the race. Is that racist? well i'm not sure. It sure is close minded though...

@Primmaster64 said:
" @weaponmaster said:
"

Theres only one human race. This is, however, and example of ethnicism.

an exerpt from the encyclopedia brittanica:

Race: Term once commonly used in physical anthropology to denote a division of humankind possessing traits that are transmissible by descent and sufficient to characterize it as a distinct human type (e.g., Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid). Today the term has little scientific standing, as older methods of differentiation, including hair form and body measurement, have given way to the comparative analysis of DNA and gene frequencies relating to such factors as blood typing, the excretion of amino acids, and inherited enzyme deficiencies.Because all human populations today are extremely similar genetically, most researchers have abandoned the concept of race for the concept of the cline, a graded series of differences occurring along a line of environmental or geographical transition. This reflects the recognition that human populations have always been in a state of flux, with genes constantly flowing from one gene pool to another, impeded only by physical or ecological boundaries. While relative isolation does preserve genetic differences and allow populations to maximally adapt to climatic and disease factors over long periods of time, all groups currently existing are thoroughly "mixed" genetically, and such differences as still exist do not lend themselves to simple typologizing. "Race" is today primarily a sociological designation, identifying a class sharing some outward physical characteristics and some commonalities of culture and history. See also climatic adaptation, ethnic group, racism. 

Pass it on.

"
XD "

Second this.