So my mate was telling me about his recent break up (two weeks ago) with his girlfriend. This is pretty much what he told me and how it went down.
You should know:
- His girlfriend is self-conscious about her looks but is also a tad overweight.
- No she wasn't always overweight, she was smoking hot at one point.
- We had this conversation on Facebook.
- For the sake of privacy I'll acknowledge his messages under the alias, "Michael".
- These aren't direct quotes but are accurate.
Me: So are you still in a relationship man?
Michael: Nah man we broke up like two weeks ago.
Me: Why man? What happened? You guys were cool together.
Michael: Yeah I know. You know how I just joined the gym?
Michael: Yeah well I was talking to my gf about it. Then I may have advised her to join as well.
Me: You advised her?
Michael: Its not like that, I just said "You should join gym as well babe", then she went all crazy, left the room straight away and we haven't spoken since...
So is it offensive to tell your overweight spouse to join the gym? Keep in mind that she wasn't always overweight. Is there any polite way to tell them? Or should we just leave them?