#1 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm chatting some some online gamers this weekend just found out...a few mins ago that a couple of my friends have been cast out of the vine the past month for stuff they did in battle forums. I was like no biggie, you probably deserved it. But the I discovered that a vine suspension doesn't just suspend you from the vine, it BLOCKS YOU FROM THE ENTIRE NETWORK

I was like....oh sh....
because I myself have done my fair share of borderline stuff in battles, everyone does it. The battles section is sometimes like a Jerry Springer soap opera and a few buddies of mine and I will some times drop into a battle thread. I do it to amuse myself and annoy some of the vine's 'fan' groups. I might drop into a Superman vs Goku thread to say 'superman sucks he doesn't have any of the fight skill Goku has' or drop into a Hulk vs Thor thread and say the 'Hulk vs Thor movie was stupid' or I might provoke a fan to respond to something I said about Wolverine. I also don't like how the 'fan' reviews section has gone, I mean there are some comics in the reviews for example a Superman Novel I have read, hated and I know the writing is bad, the art is bad yet it gets top star ratings and really supportive reviews despite it being a really bad comic.
I was hoping the group 'fan' element of the vine would eventually disappear and the vine would open up and be replaced by people who have a broader taste or more variety in their comics but I realize now the 'fan' part of the vine has always been here, since 2007 and the 'fan' element will probably always be here. Even the vine mods get a bit 'fan'-ish on their commentary sometimes
I like to drop into other parts of the network like bombed, screened, checking out software, games, films etc and the people are a lot more cool there and less 'fan'-ish. I mean their users are a bit more civil and youre allowed post opinions like 'I don't like Woddy Allen' or 'this Microsoft sound editing program is junk' or 'such an actor sucks' people can chat and debate on the other sites without a flame war breaking out. Here with the Hulk comic fans, Superman and Wolverine fans it gets into a Jerry Springer soap opera real quick. I was saying to my online buddies I don't think its worth paying to be part of a network if posting stuff in the battles section is going to get you banned from the whole network
Is there a way to block the comicvine sections from your whiskey account? I know the day will come where I'm eventually tempted to return to comicvine battles and suddenly something stupid I say might get my email reported and suspended from all sites across the internet

I'm sorry to say all of a sudden the vines 'fans' have made things very uncomfortable here

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I can up your karma so you can't post here...I'm pretty sure that doesn't go across all the websites like a ban does and that way everyone wins

(I can test it on you right now and you can PM me if it stops you from being able to post on the other websites)
#3 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll try and get my friend to post the screen cap to me again, you don't just get a suspension from battles. Instead THE WHOLE NETWORK WAS BLOCKED

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hoboseid He's talking about karma, not about a ban.
#5 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hoboseid said:
"  I'm chatting some some online gamers this weekend just found out...a few mins ago that a couple of my friends have been cast out of the vine the past month for stuff they did in battle forums. I was like no biggie, you probably deserved it. But the I discovered that a vine suspension doesn't just suspend you from the vine, it BLOCKS YOU FROM THE ENTIRE NETWORKI was like....oh sh....because I myself have done my fair share of borderline stuff in battles, everyone does it. The battles section is sometimes like a Jerry Springer soap opera and a few buddies of mine and I will some times drop into a battle thread. I do it to amuse myself and annoy some of the vine's 'fan' groups. I might drop into a Superman vs Goku thread to say 'superman sucks he doesn't have any of the fight skill Goku has' or drop into a Hulk vs Thor thread and say the 'Hulk vs Thor movie was stupid' or I might provoke a fan to respond to something I said about Wolverine. I also don't like how the 'fan' reviews section has gone, I mean there are some comics in the reviews for example a Superman Novel I have read, hated and I know the writing is bad, the art is bad yet it gets top star ratings and really supportive reviews despite it being a really bad comic.I was hoping the group 'fan' element of the vine would eventually disappear and the vine would open up and be replaced by people who have a broader taste or more variety in their comics but I realize now the 'fan' part of the vine has always been here, since 2007 and the 'fan' element will probably always be here. Even the vine mods get a bit 'fan'-ish on their commentary sometimesI like to drop into other parts of the network like bombed, screened, checking out software, games, films etc and the people are a lot more cool there and less 'fan'-ish. I mean their users are a bit more civil and youre allowed post opinions like 'I don't like Woddy Allen' or 'this Microsoft sound editing program is junk' or 'such an actor sucks' people can chat and debate on the other sites without a flame war breaking out. Here with the Hulk comic fans, Superman and Wolverine fans it gets into a Jerry Springer soap opera real quick. I was saying to my online buddies I don't think its worth paying to be part of a network if posting stuff in the battles section is going to get you banned from the whole networkIs there a way to block the comicvine sections from your whiskey account? I know the day will come where I'm eventually tempted to return to comicvine battles and suddenly something stupid I say might get my email reported and suspended from all sites across the internetI'm sorry to say all of a sudden the vines 'fans' have made things very uncomfortable here "
So... you troll. Flagrantly. 
#6 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Hoboseid said:
"  I'm chatting some some online gamers this weekend just found out...a few mins ago that a couple of my friends have been cast out of the vine the past month for stuff they did in battle forums. I was like no biggie, you probably deserved it. But the I discovered that a vine suspension doesn't just suspend you from the vine, it BLOCKS YOU FROM THE ENTIRE NETWORKI was like....oh sh....because I myself have done my fair share of borderline stuff in battles, everyone does it. The battles section is sometimes like a Jerry Springer soap opera and a few buddies of mine and I will some times drop into a battle thread. I do it to amuse myself and annoy some of the vine's 'fan' groups. I might drop into a Superman vs Goku thread to say 'superman sucks he doesn't have any of the fight skill Goku has' or drop into a Hulk vs Thor thread and say the 'Hulk vs Thor movie was stupid' or I might provoke a fan to respond to something I said about Wolverine. I also don't like how the 'fan' reviews section has gone, I mean there are some comics in the reviews for example a Superman Novel I have read, hated and I know the writing is bad, the art is bad yet it gets top star ratings and really supportive reviews despite it being a really bad comic.I was hoping the group 'fan' element of the vine would eventually disappear and the vine would open up and be replaced by people who have a broader taste or more variety in their comics but I realize now the 'fan' part of the vine has always been here, since 2007 and the 'fan' element will probably always be here. Even the vine mods get a bit 'fan'-ish on their commentary sometimesI like to drop into other parts of the network like bombed, screened, checking out software, games, films etc and the people are a lot more cool there and less 'fan'-ish. I mean their users are a bit more civil and youre allowed post opinions like 'I don't like Woddy Allen' or 'this Microsoft sound editing program is junk' or 'such an actor sucks' people can chat and debate on the other sites without a flame war breaking out. Here with the Hulk comic fans, Superman and Wolverine fans it gets into a Jerry Springer soap opera real quick. I was saying to my online buddies I don't think its worth paying to be part of a network if posting stuff in the battles section is going to get you banned from the whole networkIs there a way to block the comicvine sections from your whiskey account? I know the day will come where I'm eventually tempted to return to comicvine battles and suddenly something stupid I say might get my email reported and suspended from all sites across the internetI'm sorry to say all of a sudden the vines 'fans' have made things very uncomfortable here "
So... you troll. Flagrantly.  "
lol
#7 Posted by Dumbyseid (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot is trolling again, refuses to allow me on the Wildstorm boards

bans me whenever i write in a Majestic/Midnighter battle thread

then Buckshot replies to my banned avatar like a sneaky coward

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure that this is the most effective way to deal with that issue, as opposed to y'know...PMing staff?

#9 Posted by Dumbyseid (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never got a direct reply from Buckshot....and I mean EVER

he hides behind his mod badge, he never talks by PM just uses the ban button so unfortunately I feel the most effective way to deal with some of this stuff is by airing the dirty laundry in public

I don't intentionally troll at all but sometimes stuff will get heated in battles debates and he too has thrown stuff back and forth....he goes crazy in Wildstorm threads

I'm not being sneaky about this, you all know who i am

If i want to be someone else, it takes me about 30 seconds to proxy make a new ip address and hotmail, I'm not pretending to be someone I have always given my user name

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

And what do you think is going to happen? The community's going to go into mob mentality against him? There's nothing that we can do to make him change his conduct, if that truly is how he's conducting himself. If you have an issue with a mod's conduct, PM or e-mail staff, they're the ones who appointed them, not the community.

If you have been warned for trolling in the past and you continue to do so, you will be banned. CV works on a three strike system (although mods use their own discretion for more or less).

If you have previously been banned on another account and you are creating new accounts to get around that ban, then Buckshot is fully within his rights to ban you the moment he sees you. I don't know if that's your situation or not, but if it is, show incentive of turning over a new leaf or don't make yourself so easily identifiable. Prove you're a committed member of the community and don't troll or go wild. Avoid the battle forum if you have to.

#11 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Buck did not ban you, I did. And rest assured, I will keep on doing so. Relax and enjoy.
#12 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaawww men he's always coming back!