#1 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

For movies, TV, comics, any of that stuff

is there a way to guarantee more females will observe and pay for it?

#2 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

Generate above-average content that doesn't treat women like tits-on-a-stick.

#3 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@_zombie_ said:

Generate above-average content that doesn't treat women like tits-on-a-stick.

no, something possible

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24107 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24107 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1355 posts) - - Show Bio

YES put some vagisil ads....

#8 Posted by Dabee (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no surefire way to procure a large type of any audience, let alone one of a specific gender. Look at My Little Pony, they didn't get what was expected. >.>

#9 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

There's no surefire way to procure a large type of any audience, let alone one of a specific gender. Look at My Little Pony, they didn't get what was expected. >.>

quite true

#10 Posted by Bogey (929 posts) - - Show Bio

Add glitter and metrosexual vampires.

#11 Posted by Batman242 (4842 posts) - - Show Bio

For younger generations, add drama..... lots of it. Make sure the drama is unreasonable.

#12 Edited by SC (11995 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely. Attractive men! Woman are woman, so naturally they are attracted to men, put some men in your story, comic, movie, puppet show. Make them really attractive too, but most guys are pretty attractive, just look at comics for example, all those different and diverse male body types, woman are a lot less picky obviously is what we can conclude. I would say that if it has two legs, a ******, and a pulse that that is all you need, but many men in comics, movies only have one leg (Forge, Thor), or are dead (Vampire guys and Vision and Sentry) and still considered insanely attractive to the woman, so really as long as its packing heat and is male, your set. Woman especially love huge bulging muscles, shoulder muscles and arm muscles especially. Make your characters look like WWF wrestlers before steroids were banned. Or Ryback post steroid banning. Its an instinct thing, woman love when men's neck muscles are so big that it looks like the guy has three heads, with each head snarling and grunting like the Ultimate Warrior about to unleash his little Warriors all over Hulkamania.

Its evolution too, woman love the idea of men hitting them with clubs and dragging away their limp but anticipative bodies. Half the characters should be Hulk sized or larger. Imagine if the Hulk ate Thor and Juggernaut and Rhino? Thats how much beefcake you want to be serving up for dinner. Nom nom right ladies? Nom nom indeed. That being said all men should look like Ken dolls, since woman can be intimidated by the male package. They are prone to fainting a lot, so as far as the man's physique the emphasis should always be on the shoulders, back, chin, pecs, and the traps. Just reference in Rob Liefeld anatomy workbook or Captain America drawing essentially. Those are what we call in the industry "the hot zones" because they make woman hot under the collar and potential fire hazards. Never, ever insinuate though, that under that very thin spandex fabric that a guy has genitals though, never. Should be flat like Tombstone or Carlton Banks head, pick your pop cultural reference. The reason for this again is because although woman want the D, the D is sometimes like the sun, too intense to actually capture, its much better to let the woman imagine the possibilities in their brains, in their safe zone. Excessive detailing of the male sex organs and butt besides intimidating woman is also gay.

Speaking of Rhino, ROMANCE! Woman love the Romance, because it combines their favorite things, rome, man and uh NCE. Its a scientific fact that if you put romance into certain select brands of beverages, that 99 percent of woman and even some feminine men will buy that beverage over other beverages. Romance is like kool aid to woman, "If you build romance, she will come" just look at movies like Twilight, Lion King, Suburban Commando and Lost Boys. Romance is the hook that no female fish can escape from. Finally, since we have covered men and romance, we need something for the man to romance, which brings us to estrogen trick number 3. The woman herself.

Woman are like men, in that they are humans, and in this sense, they like reading about themselves, but unlike men, woman are more passive and submissive and thus prefer submissive and passive wish fulfillment fantasies. They love being rescued by the handsome and strong hero, especially if they are in peril by their own clumsy curiosity or failed attempts of being independent. That gives the woman characters depth, sort of like a dog chasing its tail. No woman will admit this, but we all know, woman included that all woman secretly want a rich sugar daddy that will take care of them. After all who needs independence when you have a hot hunk with a platinum card and oh my shoes! Feminists might tell you otherwise, but feminists are liars and lesbians and should be ostracized by society. Supporting characters are very integral to any story, and woman characters are the best supporting characters. Not only that, they get to be the reward and prize when the male hero beats the bad guy and saves the day. Woman love reading stories where they see that male characters love them and put them on a pedestal, like those Greek busts of woman with no arms and legs, just pelvis, chest and head.

Visually? Just look at how Greg Land and again Rob Liefeld draws woman to tap into what attracts woman to a story. Comics are about fantasy and what we wish we could be, and all woman want to be thin, with the sort of figures that could squeeze into clothes that look painted on. Shame is an unfortunate tool, because we know that all woman would rather be in swimwear most of the time, if not just lingerie. In comics, movies, and black and white poems we can give them that. Its fictions greatest gift to woman, acceptance.... no wait sorry satisfaction by way of physical and situational wish fulfillment. Getting to experience stuff that can't in real life, ever. Ever! Again Greg Land artwork - woman always smiling just like in real life, they all look the same, because thats what make up does, and hands on hips and with expressions that border on the obscene, no wait, cross the border of the obscene then builds a giant barbed wire fence to prevent any attempts at crossing back over.

Sorted!! Now enjoy a life time of loyalty from millions, possibly billions of females who will throw their men's money at you for your creative content.

Moderator
#13 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Abs.

#14 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

ask the hack named meyer.

#15 Posted by nickzambuto (11471 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: Now how much time did you just waste.

#16 Edited by SC (11995 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@sc: Now how much time did you just waste.

I never waste time ^_^, everything I do is simultaneously preordained and so fall inline with my attempts to bring about the Coming of the 9 Headed Robot through social experiments, and me just amusing myself when I am ill and can't sleep. How about you??

Moderator
#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29332 posts) - - Show Bio

@_zombie_ said:

Generate above-average content that doesn't treat women like tits-on-a-stick.

#18 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: how much of that post was serious?

(I'm thinking none)

#19 Posted by SC (11995 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@sc: how much of that post was serious?

(I'm thinking none)

Its a lot easier to detail and post what would lose females really, rather than procure. As societies grow larger and more opportunities are made available to people, and the more ways people individuals have to distinguish themselves, the less applicable generalizations are. Things get harder as far as generation gaps and how fast they move. The idea of putting females in one group and males in another, use to be quite valid, especially as far as societal and environmental consistencies on how either gender were treated, but over time such lines blurred and new lines were drawn up over each other cutting groups into small and small sections. Now how people not only define themselves but act and behave tends to be a lot harder to cater to and predict as far as similarities in characteristics. So yeah heh heh my post wasn't serious. I wonder if anyone will read it and think I was serious though - has happened before 0__0

Moderator
#20 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@sc: how much of that post was serious?

(I'm thinking none)

Its a lot easier to detail and post what would lose females really, rather than procure. As societies grow larger and more opportunities are made available to people, and the more ways people individuals have to distinguish themselves, the less applicable generalizations are. Things get harder as far as generation gaps and how fast they move. The idea of putting females in one group and males in another, use to be quite valid, especially as far as societal and environmental consistencies on how either gender were treated, but over time such lines blurred and new lines were drawn up over each other cutting groups into small and small sections. Now how people not only define themselves but act and behave tends to be a lot harder to cater to and predict as far as similarities in characteristics. So yeah heh heh my post wasn't serious. I wonder if anyone will read it and think I was serious though - has happened before 0__0

so your answer to the title question is "no"

#21 Edited by SC (11995 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: More like it depends, and its really hard. There are still differences between males and females, but its a blurry line that is also influenced and affected by several other non gender variables all of which are in constant flux. That and a lot of the surefire ways to get females also get males and a lot of places offer such things so the ability for any single new entity to use such ways to get an audience won't necessary work but for other factors.

Like there is a saying that sex sells right? Well if that were true all of us at CV could be millionaires, we could just draw lots of stick people fornicating... but that won't work. No one will pay for crude stick figures, especially not when they can get sexy pictures on the internet for free. Some people might even be able to draw their own super stick figures.

Saga seems pretty popular with females, Emma Frost as well. Batwoman as well. Rough similarities between those three things are mature depictions of characters that have a lot of depth and interesting and original character interactions with other characters. Those things also cover things like sexual themes and topics, but its no juvenile. Emma and Batwoman are also pretty confident and stoic. Sometimes these traits use to be reserved for male characters only. Then again a lot of men like these things as well. So you know.

Moderator
#22 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: what is saga?

#23 Posted by SC (11995 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@sc: what is saga?

Its an amazing ongoing comic book series by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples, I recommend it to you, I think you would like, its got some cool and funny and weird things in it. ^__^ - here is one of its covers.

Moderator
#24 Posted by Wolverine08 (27354 posts) - - Show Bio

Boobs.

Online
#25 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@sc: what is saga?

Its an amazing ongoing comic book series by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples, I recommend it to you, I think you would like, its got some cool and funny and weird things in it. ^__^ - here is one of its covers.

recommend it to me personally, or to everyone?

#26 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Wolverine08 (27354 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#28 Posted by SC (11995 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#29 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by SC (11995 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#31 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a surefire way to procure a large male audience?

#33 Posted by Immortal777 (5979 posts) - - Show Bio

Put it on Lifetime.

#34 Edited by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe there is. Or if there is, I sure as heck wish I knew.

It's like knowing what will be popular or not.

#35 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Is there a surefire way to procure a large male audience?

a couple.......

just ask the people who made Ikkitousen or Queen's Blade

Put it on Lifetime.

snap!

I don't believe there is. Or if there is, I sure as heck wish I knew.

It's like knowing what will be popular or not.

fair enough

#36 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Unattractive women.
  2. Women in powerful positions, though not the most powerful.
  3. Women who regardless of their position and level of attractiveness are victims of one sort or another.
  4. Few men. Mostly all villainous that are mainly ugly slimeballs...
  5. The men who aren't villainous must be muscled and "good" looking, almost all clones and the must acquiesce to the women above them, below them, and on the same level of them when they do or ask something, but without showing that they are "inferior" in their acceptance, while simultaneously almost always blundering and needing a woman to assist and save the day.
  6. If there is a rape scene it must always be male on female and the male must always be "good" looking.

Follow these rules and you will get a large female audience. Oh wait... Sorry I was just thinking of all TV, Movies, and Commercials, but extremified a little bit more v.v

#37 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken said:
  1. Unattractive women.
  2. Women in powerful positions, though not the most powerful.
  3. Women who regardless of their position and level of attractiveness are victims of one sort or another.
  4. Few men. Mostly all villainous that are mainly ugly slimeballs...
  5. The men who aren't villainous must be muscled and "good" looking, almost all clones and the must acquiesce to the women above them, below them, and on the same level of them when they do or ask something, but without showing that they are "inferior" in their acceptance, while simultaneously almost always blundering and needing a woman to assist and save the day.
  6. If there is a rape scene it must always be male on female and the male must always be "good" looking.

Follow these rules and you will get a large female audience. Oh wait... Sorry I was just thinking of all TV, Movies, and Commercials, but extremified a little bit more v.v

?

#38 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Who do you think watches TV shows the most? Most TV shows are directed at women. The reason for why rule 1 isn't followed much is because they like to appeal to men a small bit. 6 isn't followed for most tv because rape and sex generally aren't shown on tv.

#39 Edited by Web_Flotsam (943 posts) - - Show Bio

Add this.

Nobody can resist.
#40 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (17073 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Is there a surefire way to procure a large male audience?

Too easy .___.

#41 Edited by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

Treat women with respect. Simple as that. I sure would pick up more comics if I didn't feel that women are being constantly exploited and that my readership means nothing to anyone.