Is there a dangerous amount of bigotry towards police nowadays?

• 127 results
Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Is there a dangerous amount of bigotry towards police nowadays? (70 votes)

Yes 66%
No 23%
Not Sure/Undecided 11%

Do you think police in today's society face a huge amount of danger from bigotry? Do you think its impossible for there to be bigotry against police? Do you believe all police are racists and deserve the hate? Discuss.

• 
Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You bet.

Beata

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell naw..Some of them are violent drunk thugs.?Their so trigger happy that they'll blow anyone who looks like a so-called threat.

Their job is to protect and serve.The only people they serving is themselves by constantly putting their on lives ahead of the public safety. I certainty wouldn't put my life in a cops.

They most likely to let me get killed and say they feared for they life..

JugJugBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but more towards female officers of the law.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cream_God

@sophia89 said:

Do you believe all police are racists and deserve the hate?

Yes,all of them are racists,they get trained in the academy to be one. Police officers need to be able to drive at fast speeds while avoiding obstacles,them being racists is needed.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from myself?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cream_God
Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell naw..Some of them are violent drunk thugs.?Their so trigger happy that they'll blow anyone who looks like a so-called threat.

Their job is to protect and serve.The only people they serving is themselves by constantly putting their on lives ahead of the public safety. I certainty wouldn't put my life in a cops.

They most likely to let me get killed and say they feared for they life..

Your ignorance is astounding...

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: And you keyboard warriors make me laugh..Which means I find what you said to be a joke from a clown..Keep it pushing..

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen kinda want to hear your thoughts

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@cgoodness said:

@sophia89 said:

Do you believe all police are racists and deserve the hate?

Yes,all of them are racists,they get trained in the academy to be one. Police officers need to be able to drive at fast speeds while avoiding obstacles,them being racists is needed.

Of course I'm serious,here is a police officer in a race against horses

No Caption Provided

Here is them showing their racist training course

Loading Video...

omg did Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson get notified?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By dernman

yes

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia: I've noticed in threads like these you just post one word comments 0_0

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

people don't like rules

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I can see police officers being ridiculed. I think it stems from this above the law status people think they have, and I suppose they do in some respects. In my home country it was considered a big deal that politicians and police officers would squash driving offences at a whim, it goes to show the kind of negative attention they receive for something very minor, but it is justified as a whole seeing as they are the custodians of equality.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By frozen  Moderator

In regards to America, yes.

It is because of the media, often when a story is reported, such as a rape and it's inconclusive, the legal system gets a bad rep and policemen are blamed for being incompetent. The media like to dehumanize and demonize police (mostly White Male police) because it gets more ratings. This has led to a hating-on-cops culture and they get unfairly blamed for things completely beyond their own control; I know of people who hate police simply for getting pulled over for speeding. People like to blame and make generalizations of the police because the media pushes this narrative. In relation to this, there's been a ''sympathizing with thugs and criminals'' trend over the last decade which inevitably casts a story to which cops are unsympathetic which is simply untrue. Though the US Police still needs to be de-militarized.

Now in regards to where I live, England --- the police were poisoned with Labor's Political Correctness. It's a different case for the UK because much of the hate is arguably justified in England. Though even during the Conservative years, the police were notoriously corrupt.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-_-

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wolfrazer  Online

Eh, let's just remove the police altogether and then see where people stand as the years go by.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I live in Detroit MI, most of the cops here are crooks, and or lazy. State Police are a different story, they seem legit.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DBVSE7

Or let's actually have people in our government who make it look bad, removed.. then we wouldn't have this problem.

If "professionals" did their job like they're suppose to, people wouldn't act like cops are get their feelings hurt.

Boohoo.. people don't like when poor ole cops get criticized.. get over it.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I saw no signs of ignorance? 0_0 @lone_wolf_and_cub

The police enforce the law, if you think that law needs to be changed then people need to do something about it.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Cops are being stereotyped as racist and incompetent.. mostly by people who hate to be stereotyped

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@pooty: It depends where you are from. I have lived in many states, and some cops are simply better than others.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not where I am. When I go across one of the bridges nearby, it's a different story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No and I don't see why people are saying yes. I am black and I was upset when the events of Ferguson happened, and when I found out about Rodney King, but when I see cops now my opinion/view of them is the samesame as it always has been, which is a positive one. Racists cops are no different than racist people. One doesn't represent the entire group.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By _Zombie_

Bigotry? Nah. Widespread distrust? Yeah. Nothing they haven't earned though.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: It depends where you are from. I have lived in many states, and some cops are simply better than others.

Every profession is going to have some that are better then others. It seems recently that police are being stereotyped by the few bad ones.

@_zombie_ said:

Bigotry? Nah. Widespread distrust? Yeah. Nothing they haven't earned though.

The VAST majority of cops have done NOTHING to earn the citizens distrust.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. I don't even want to be a cop anymore.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the danger that bad cops represent is much greater than whatever consequences will ensue from people complaining about the police on the internet.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Lmao that's a load of bull. A chunk of the NYPD is dedicated to profiling muslims. Cops shoot and kill black people on the daily. You're blind if you think America's cops haven't done anything to deserve distrust.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 juiceboks  Moderator

Well, after my most recent run in with the law..I can say that they're not as corrupt as many make them out to be.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, cops are law enforcement and are always in a sense of danger, but they're not being targeted.

Policing isn't even one of the five most dangerous jobs in America, and even then, 90% of the casualties suffered by police officers occurs through traffic incidents.

Cops just want to be paid more and not be held accountable for their mistakes.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94: get to applying because you're safer today as a cop than you were in the last 50 years. Don't let the cops lie to you about their sense of danger, they're not in danger.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

In regards to America, yes.

It is because of the media, often when a story is reported, such as a rape and it's inconclusive, the legal system gets a bad rep and policemen are blamed for being incompetent. The media like to dehumanize and demonize police (mostly White Male police) because it gets more ratings. This has led to a hating-on-cops culture and they get unfairly blamed for things completely beyond their own control; I know of people who hate police simply for getting pulled over for speeding. People like to blame and make generalizations of the police because the media pushes this narrative. In relation to this, there's been a ''sympathizing with thugs and criminals'' trend over the last decade which inevitably casts a story to which cops are unsympathetic which is simply untrue. Though the US Police still needs to be de-militarized.

Now in regards to where I live, England --- the police were poisoned with Labor's Political Correctness. It's a different case for the UK because much of the hate is arguably justified in England. Though even during the Conservative years, the police were notoriously corrupt.

I agree with everything with what you said but what do you mean by de-militarizing?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: oh really, cops are more likely to be killed by Right-Wing domestic terrorists--Angry white men--than anybody else in this country, since when are white males stereotyped?

You know, people like Jerad and Amanda Miller aren't usually stereotyped.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

27 cops died last year, and while that's 27 too many, that's 27 of a potential 1,000,000+ cops.

They're not at risk of being killed in the street. The fact that 70%+ people think they are just goes to show how easily people would believe something that comes from a position if power.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Labor

WHERE ARE YOU REALLY FROM???!!!!

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, cops are law enforcement and are always in a sense of danger, but they're not being targeted.

Policing isn't even one of the five most dangerous jobs in America, and even then, 90% of the casualties suffered by police officers occurs through traffic incidents.

Cops just want to be paid more and not be held accountable for their mistakes.

Baseless assertions and Red Herrings.

Cops are not being targeted? Did you hear about the recent murders of the NYPD officers? The shooter tweeted that he was going to kill police officers. Ever hear about Sovereign Citizens?

90% of casualties of police officers occur during traffic accidents? Where is your proof? According to the 2013 UCR report, 27 officers died in felonious incidents. Here. While only 23 died from traffic incidents. Here

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#45 frozen  Moderator

@johnfrank120: Labour, Labor whatever.

I've become accustomed to using the US terminology.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_clockwork91: Okay, once again, he brought the number from 25 to 27. That's still 0.002% deaths in 2014. I don't even think we can claim that those cops were "targeted" since that guy also killed his ex-girlfriend. He was just a guy looking to kill.

Yes, I know who Soverign Citizens are, just look at the post before yours. The problem is, SS also targeting IRS auditors, military and any other form of government. They don't just target cops.

As far as my 90%, I misquoted. I meant 90% of NYPD deaths were caused by accidental reasons and not assaults, better?

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: And you keyboard warriors make me laugh..Which means I find what you said to be a joke from a clown..Keep it pushing..

If I'm a "clown" your running a circus and your name is Bozo...Brah.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Blame the media.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mandarinestro

The root of all this is the SJW thing and the Pol-correct people all over the internet.