Is the world coming to an end sooon 2012?

• 73 results
Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Enemybird

Whats your take on these strange events?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Weird sh!t happens all the time and the 2012 thing has been proven to be made up by people who don't know what they're talking about

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Static Shock

Nah...

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Enemybird

@joshmightbe said:

Weird sh!t happens all the time and the 2012 thing has been proven to be made up by people who don't know what they're talking about

I agree that weird stuff happens a lot but the fact that there doesn't seem to be a valid explanation is what bothers me...

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Supreme Marvel

The legendary Brian Cox (not the actor)

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Enemybird

@Supreme Marvel: Please dont troll my thread

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Enemybird: :O

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

The zombie illness spreading, self-snuffing cigarettes, the rough economy and Rebecca Black. Then I see it this way: shooting zombie mini-divas on an abandoned Walmart rooftop all while rolling my own cigarettes doesn't sound like an apocalypse, but more like a new beginning.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

People are bored and make things up.

Remember Y2K? Every idiot thought the world was ending then, and I laughed.

The world was also supposed to end in 2010 when Jesus was supposed to come back and be all like "ya'll suck!" I laughed.

This year, I shall continue to laugh.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Enemybird

I wonder if you guys even watched the video

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Enemybird said:

I wonder if you guys even watched the video

My video was based on scientific fact. I don't believe that anyone can see the future. I don't believe in a deity or creator. So to me this is just fanatics at work taking things way to seriously. You'll see on the 1st of January. Soon after that we'll be onto the next doomsday event.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Enemybird

@sesquipedalophobe said:

The zombie illness spreading, self-snuffing cigarettes, the rough economy and Rebecca Black. Then I see it this way: shooting zombie mini-divas on an abandoned Walmart rooftop all while rolling my own cigarettes doesn't sound like an apocalypse, but more like a new beginning.

Who said anything about zombies? I'm talking about a possible eminent catastrophe here... Its really not a joke. You can never be to cautions.

@inferiorego said:

People are bored and make things up.

Remember Y2K? Every idiot thought the world was ending then, and I laughed.

The world was also supposed to end in 2010 when Jesus was supposed to come back and be all like "ya'll suck!" I laughed.

This year, I shall continue to laugh.

Y2K was stupid

Jesus coming back was one mans prediction.. its says in the bible that no one knows when Jesus will come back so true christians didnt belive that Sh*t

This year however i've seen unexplainable Un-ignorable signs that something is just wrong

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

Don't worry once 2013 gets here we'll all have a new doomsday theory to freak out about. Maybe something more interesting like giant zombie bees or an asteroid made out of Oreo filling

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@joshmightbe: Beat you to it. :P

I'm hoping for a zombie pandemic.

spit shines his machete

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

They way I see it is, basically no, it's not going to end, but if it is, what can we do about it?

I also heard the Mayans didn't include leap year so we have a few 3000+ years.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

@Enemybird: None of these "signs" are new, they've all happened before and been given logical scientific explanations they're just being blown out of proportion due to the 2012 crazyness that has been disproven on several points, 1. It isn't the end of the Mayan calendar just the point at which it restarts 2. If you factor in leap years(which the Mayans didn't have) the time mentioned on the calendar happened a few years ago. I could go on if you'd like

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Enemybird

@Adnan said:

@Enemybird:Asking people to watch a 19 minute video on something that has both been discussed to death (perhaps not on cv, but elsewhere for sure) and most people are extrememly skeptical about is a pretty big ask, I'd think. No offence.

Whats to be skeptical about the signs are right in front of you? These are things that nobody has an explanation for... why do you feel so confident that nothing is amiss?

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Enemybird

@joshmightbe said:

@Enemybird: None of these "signs" are new, they've all happened before and been given logical scientific explanations they're just being blown out of proportion due to the 2012 crazyness that has been disproven on several points, 1. It isn't the end of the Mayan calendar just the point at which it restarts 2. If you factor in leap years(which the Mayans didn't have) the time mentioned on the calendar happened a few years ago. I could go on if you'd like

well show me these explanations if you dont mind...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joshmightbe

@primepower53: actually its the reverse I believe the math says their calendar actually ended around 2006

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Wasn't there also some person in the 70s and 80s who kept making books on how the world was going to end the next year.

Plus there was the rapture guy last year saying the rapture would come, then when it didn't he said he miscalculated, and said it would come October 2011.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Enemybird

@Supreme Marvel said:

spit shines his machete

really bro? I asked you nicely the first time

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By joshmightbe

@Enemybird: well for one the whole thing with dead animals washing up on beaches is simple, pollution. We have made several parts of our ocean pretty much toxic, mini ice age, same answer, and the birds. The weird sound is wind howls and not even the strangest I've heard. everything is explainable

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Enemybird

@primepower53 said:

Wasn't there also some person in the 70s and 80s who kept making books on how the world was going to end the next year.

Plus there was the rapture guy last year saying the rapture would come, then when it didn't he said he miscalculated, and said it would come October 2011.

The video isnt about some crackhead's rapture its about some weird things happening to the world around you.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By joshmightbe

@Enemybird: Weird things that have all happened several times before that are only getting media attention due to 2012 hysteria druming up ratings

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

I made a topic about 2012 today. Did u check it out?

The "tornadoes on the sun" at the beginning of this video are solar flares and they're supposed to be breakin through the layer of radiation around the planet, exposing us to higher amounts of sun and in the process, may be causing changes in our dna to adapt to this new level of exposure.

About those birds, they are effected by magnetism and gravity and seeing as the sun and it's solar flares can cause changes in the magnetic fields in and around Earth, it's not unusual to see them act that way.

If something big like an asteroid came close enough, it could cause a shift in the polar axis of the planet, changing the magnetic waves, and the birds would go nuts because they lose their sense of direction.

It's like an ancient sea captain who relies heavily on the stars to navigate. If the sky was filled with clouds, or if for some reason, the constellations in the sky were rearranged, he'd be lost.

The strange sounds heard around the globe could be a hoax.

I don't think the world is gonna end this year. It might change some, but I doubt it'd end.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Enemybird said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

spit shines his machete

really bro? I asked you nicely the first time

?? I wasn't trolling either time.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Enemybird

@joshmightbe said:

@Enemybird: Weird things that have all happened several times before that are only getting media attention due to 2012 hysteria druming up ratings

I am curious are these your explanations? If they are than I'm pretty sure you can understand why they aren't credible to any one but yourself. iIf these were common every day occurrences... than an expert should be able to quickly debunk them as nothing so far ive seen no such person come forward

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By Billy Batson

Stop trolling, SM.
BB

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By joshmightbe

@Enemybird: Experts have debunked them, I'm not going to argue about something that's already been proven

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Billy Batson said:

Stop trolling, SM.
BB

If providing fact that all this sh!t is crap is trolling, then yes. I am trolling.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Enemybird

@CozyDaPrynce said:

I made a topic about 2012 today. Did u check it out?

The "tornadoes on the sun" at the beginning of this video are solar flares and they're supposed to be breakin through the layer of radiation around the planet, exposing us to higher amounts of sun and in the process, may be causing changes in our dna to adapt to this new level of exposure.

About those birds, they are effected by magnetism and gravity and seeing as the sun and it's solar flares can cause changes in the magnetic fields in and around Earth, it's not unusual to see them act that way.

If something big like an asteroid came close enough, it could cause a shift in the polar axis of the planet, changing the magnetic waves, and the birds would go nuts because they lose their sense of direction.

It's like an ancient sea captain who relies heavily on the stars to navigate. If the sky was filled with clouds, or if for some reason, the constellations in the sky were rearranged, he'd be lost.

The strange sounds heard around the globe could be a hoax.

I don't think the world is gonna end this year. It might change some, but I doubt it'd end.

1. What levels of radiation are we talking here gamma, x ray or the usual ultra violet you have to be more specific... and besides if that was the case human would be effected to... we would likely develop cancer.

2. so on new year day birds drop out of the sky because...

3. i know that...

4. you dont say

5. what an elaborate hoax...

6. I hope it wont either

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Enemybird

@joshmightbe said:

@Enemybird: Experts have debunked them, I'm not going to argue about something that's already been proven

Yet you've failed to prove that

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By Billy Batson

@Supreme Marvel said:

@Billy Batson said:

Stop trolling, SM.
BB

If providing fact that all this sh!t is crap is trolling, then yes. I am trolling.

There you go :D
BB

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Enemybird

@Supreme Marvel said:

@Billy Batson said:

Stop trolling, SM.
BB

Just leave dude

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vortex13

@Enemybird: Weird things happen ll the time, and they always get attention. It's just that lately because of the impending supposed date of the end of the world it's being attributed to that. Even if the date of the Mayan calender was accurate to today's terms, they never actually predicted the end of the world in 2012 it's just when their calender ended. They already were overachievers making a calender that continued to around a millennium away from the time they made the thing.

I'd like you to give me some facts to establish why you believe the world will end. Oceanic creature washing up ashore isn't that unheard of either. Even in mass numbers with a diversity of different species. I've seen, almost every time I go to the beach, dead animals washed ashore. Mostly jellyfish. And whales beach themselves all the time and we still don't really know why they do but just because something is not able to be explained completely doesn't then equate to there being some dire message of the end coming. You dismiss the Y2K argument but it is actually quite valid. I was ten at the time and my dad was actually working with some companies to prepare for it, all it was was the fact the computer systems had been designed with only two digets for the year rather than four. But you still had people, millions of them in fact, stocking up on caned food and other necessities like batteries. Hell, just because of the fact people thought there would be a need for this they actually caused a shortage of some of the things they were buying which of course led to more panic. You said that it was stupid, and I agree, but is it really any less stupid than believing the world is going to end at the end of this year just because of the fact that the Mayan calender didn't continue beyond this year when it was created almost a thousand years ago itself?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Enemybird said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

@Billy Batson said:

Stop trolling, SM.
BB

Just leave dude

I'm telling mommy!

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Enemybird

@Vortex13 said:

@Enemybird: Weird things happen ll the time, and they always get attention. It's just that lately because of the impending supposed date of the end of the world it's being attributed to that. Even if the date of the Mayan calender was accurate to today's terms, they never actually predicted the end of the world in 2012 it's just when their calender ended. They already were overachievers making a calender that continued to around a millennium away from the time they made the thing.

I'd like you to give me some facts to establish why you believe the world will end. Oceanic creature washing up ashore isn't that unheard of either. Even in mass numbers with a diversity of different species. I've seen, almost every time I go to the beach, dead animals washed ashore. Mostly jellyfish. And whales beach themselves all the time and we still don't really know why they do but just because something is not able to be explained completely doesn't then equate to there being some dire message of the end coming. You dismiss the Y2K argument but it is actually quite valid. I was ten at the time and my dad was actually working with some companies to prepare for it, all it was was the fact the computer systems had been designed with only two digets for the year rather than four. But you still had people, millions of them in fact, stocking up on caned food and other necessities like batteries. Hell, just because of the fact people thought there would be a need for this they actually caused a shortage of some of the things they were buying which of course led to more panic. You said that it was stupid, and I agree, but is it really any less stupid than believing the world is going to end at the end of this year just because of the fact that the Mayan calender didn't continue beyond this year when it was created almost a thousand years ago itself?

I appreciate you taking the thread seriously by challenging the "video" if you will. I am talking the strange behavior of animals as a sign that something is amiss yes... Birds falling out of the sky suddenly and cow mysteriously dropping dead.. Means something is wrong. Im not saying that this cant happen I am saying because we dont know why there could be a bigger problem here. The Y2k argument is invalid becasue there was no evidence that anything would happen or that anything was wrong it was just speculation. But when sounds are heard across the globe and a asteroid coming towards earth that scientist admit the dont know if it will hit... it scares me this has nothing to do with the myan calendar im talking about what i see and what i hear... something is going on here and i dont know what it is

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@Enemybird:

This is just a slight increase in exposure (my guess is UV) hopefully not enough to get that bad. It might get hot as hell and some places may even become uninhabitable in the near or far future but we'll still be here, cancer free. Nature doesn't throw anything at us that we can't handle or adapt to via evolution.

Birds dropping out of the sky on new years could be from changes occurring in nature that we can't see or perceive on our own senses, like magnetism for example.

I'm not saying ur not on to somethin here, or tryna mock u, so Idk where u get off mocking me or putting childish sarcasm in ur response. I don't play that internet shit talk and I'd appreciate it if u refrained from it. We're havin a debate here, not a diss contest.

My deal is these aren't necessarily signs or indications that the world is ending. It's prolly more accurate to say these are changes occurring in nature that are caused by nature. In the event that it turns out these phenomena are not brought on by natural causes then I'd say HAARP could be a factor.

In any case, if u wanna know more about it u should try videos exposing shady government activity and not videos that tease u with phenomena but don't provide any explanation.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By Precise

no.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vortex13

@Enemybird: Your beliefs may not have anything to do with the Mayan calender, however this whole belief of the world ending in 2012 started because of the Mayan calender ending. If you don't believe in the correlation then putting the tag of 2012 in this topic is misleading to your actual argument and is probably why most people are just righting this off. I will admit that there have been odd events, but odd events have happened throughout the length of time. The simplest explanation of this would be the impending and rapid change of the climate lately. The fact that most animals are so effected by the change of environment would definitely explain some of whats going on. As for the birds dropping out of the sky dead, it isn't something that's new. It's happened thousands times throughout history all over the world and there was not Apocalyptic events after they fell. It definitely is extremely bizarre and I believe there are explanations of it, scientific ones that is, though I can't remember them at the moment. I'll try to find the article I read later and post it.

The fact is that animals are extremely adapted to the world as it is. There will definitely be some mass extinctions as the climate begins to change more drastically which is a result of global warming (a poor name for the occurrences of the climate change) but mass extinctions are also nothing new at all. There have been hundreds of thousands if not millions of mass extinctions throughout the history of life on this planet. Usually due to some extreme climate shift, hardly ever from some other event. Dinosaurs being a possible exception, though there are quite a few alternates of the idea of their extinction, like some adapted and evolved into modern day animals, or that the asteroid that hit earth caused a (once again lol) severe shift in the climate. Whether you believe that the current climate change is a natural one or brought on by are actions is moot, it's happening, and given the fact that most animals are so specifically adapted to their current environment it's not surprising there have been so many bizarre animal deaths but again it's not really a new occurrence. Like I've said, probably redundantly at this point lol, most animals are very specifically evolved the there specific environment, many will migrate and be able to adapt. Look at polar bears, as the permafrost melts they move farther south where as grizzly's are moving farther north. Which leads to the absolutely terrifying prospect of them matting, the reason this is terrifying to me is that when you breed a lion with a tiger you get a liger which is quite massive compared to both it's parents, about 1000 lbs and 10 feet tall. About the size of a grizzly in fact. This is often the case with cross breeds even with different dog breeds the combination of the two separate animals leads to one even larger then both it's parents or the average and upper levels of there breeds. So that's scary to me lol. Anyway back on point lol, animals are already mix breeding in the wild to adapt to the changing environment. There was recently an article on discovery I read about a mix breed shark of a black tip reef shark and a regular black tip shark, similar species and this was in the wild which quite possibly means this is the dawning of a new species which is cool, but what this really means is they are preparing to adapt to the impending change of the global dynamic. Changes are definitely coming but I doubt the world is actually coming to an end, in fact I find it rather unrealistic. And I apologize if I got off topic with my discussion of the changes in animal development in current times but I find that subject interesting so I thought I'd share lol.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42  Edited By Strider1992

Meuh if the world does end when the Mayan's predict is pure coincidence due to how many changes have been made to calenders since Mayan development (no accounting for leap years for example).

Besides I either want to be remembered as the guy who said "I told you so" when it doesn't happen or the guy who stayed optimistic when it did. Its a win, win situation!

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Enemybird

@Vortex13: I agree with a lot of what you said...I think the title is a bit misleading & climate change has a lot to do with the deaths of fish and other sea dwelling mammals that start beaching themselves. But there are some phenomenon that cant be explained... I'm sure you would agree... That are a cause for concern in my mind.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Deranged Midget

No...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By kidchipotle

@Supreme Marvel said:

@Enemybird said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

@Billy Batson said:

Stop trolling, SM.
BB

Just leave dude

I'm telling mommy!

Meanwhile, deep in the Earth's core Zombies' are planning their Apocalyptic take over by throwing Earth sized tornado's from the Sun while you guys are bickering!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#46  Edited By SC  Moderator

I avoid videos link the one presented. Just watching a few parts skipping forward here and there, and what's being sold isn't news or accuracy, its entertainment, and stuff that sort of sounds like it 'could' be news. Very loose, basic infotainment. Its packaged and dramatized, intentionally or otherwise and given to people who relay information but probably not that well versed in the finer mechanics of that news subject. Better to go straight to the source, and learn about the actual mechanics themselves. Odd and unexplainable things often happen, and have often happened, but even more reliable than mysterious and unexplained things happening, is humans perceptions being riddled with quirks that can and often is exploited by others manipulation, ignorance, so on, and so on. Plus no bubble. (meaning things can be explained, versus has something been explained)   

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By InnerVenom123

No.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By Inverno

No

and to take it out from my chest, Roland Emmerich is a hack for making that 2012 movie.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Mayans didn't use leap years. So technically December 21 2012 happened a few months ago. nothing happened.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Enemybird

@SC: your just being cynical... honestly, what more do you want? These aren't common weather occurrences... sudden death among birds on specific days of the year... thousands of unexplained deaths across the world... and we should just shrug it off and assume that it happens all the time and we are just ignorant to the way the world works? no