• 60 results
Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cybrilious4

- Tbh, I'm tired of seeing Wolverine on the big-screen for so long I think I might skip this movie.

- I mean don't get me wrong, the movie looks "ok" from the trailers, but was this movie REALLY NECESSARY?

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is a fan favorite and becoming somewhat of a household name there not going stop using him just because a few people don't like him

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3 god_spawn  Moderator

I don't see the point of making an official Wolverine movie thread if you're just going to complain about it and you have yet to see the movie. Let alone based on the fact you said you were getting tired of him and in turn made said thread. Seems counterproductive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the movie is about Wolverine and Silver Samurai based on the trailers.

Ohgawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pissed that they didn't use CGI to make Hugh Jackman look only 5'3 tall.

Not true to the comics, dammit! D:<

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cybrilious4

@god_spawn: Fine, I'm whiling to edit :)

@ohgawd: Yeah but who wants to see a 5'3 protagonist? It would look silly.

- Ok guys, I like wolverine, used to watch the 80's X-Men when I was younger, loved it. But for movies, I think six movies is enough. Now it's just money grabs.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

- Ok guys, I like wolverine, used to watch the 80's X-Men when I was younger, loved it. But for movies, I think six movies is enough. Now it's just money grabs.

Why? Does height matter that much?

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Nothing in fiction is technically necessary.

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: In every story, the protagonist always appears to be a decently tall figure to his supporters and other cast. Goku in DBZ is 5"9 but is taller than a lot of the characters because he is seen as a leader and a hero.

Wolverine is the hero in this story, what go would that be if the supporting cast stood over his shoulder's?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cybrilious4: What about Lord Of The Rings or The Hobbit?

And if Wolverine is short in the comics, he doesn't look silly there does he?

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

rugrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine is a good character and he didn't get that much on him covered he needs at least one single movie to show another side of him and height does not warrant a failure

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By w0nd

@cybrilious4:

What about Lord Of The Rings or The Hobbit?

And if Wolverine is short in the comics, he doesn't look silly there does he?

honestly sometimes he does, especially when this deadly lethal killer is sporting his yellow spandex. If i wasnt exposed to him and just saw him for the first time in his classic close i would think he looked ridiculous. like some wrestler with a gimp short wildman persona

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes, it is necessary whether or not you like Wolverine.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gambit474

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@cybrilious4 said:

Yes..it does. I wouldn't be able to take some guy on the big screen who was only 5'3 seriously as the main character. I let that stuff slide in Lord of the Rings..but comic book films? No. Also most of the time they don't show how short Wolverine is until they deliberately pit him next to someone that's way taller then him and make it look apparent

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it's Necessary... We Need To See The Silver Samurai.

LOL

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HBKTimHBK

To be fair, a sequel to The Last Stand hasn't happened yet.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#19 god_spawn  Moderator

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@cybrilious4 said:

Yes..it does. I wouldn't be able to take some guy on the big screen who was only 5'3 seriously as the main character. I let that stuff slide in Lord of the Rings..but comic book films? No. Also most of the time they don't show how short Wolverine is until they deliberately pit him next to someone that's way taller then him and make it look apparent

They kind of do anyway. And what you said could be said for a lot of characters when in comparison to someone much taller. Wolverine hasn't been drawn to exact scale in quite some, but he is still shown generally shorter than most other characters putting him around like a 5'7ish range. So they do show how short he is plenty of times, but it's like his height has been reworked for the most part.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes but I was referring to times like when they put him next to Shanna in Savage Wolverine for ex,or when he's been next to the Punisher and Frank criticizes him about his size

GreenArrow4924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it is necessary whether or not you like Wolverine.

LOL

Both of this.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

So do people think less of Wolverine because he happens to be shorter than some other characters? That sounds pretty silly/unfair to me.

No Caption Provided

He's obviously being shown as short here. Is this really a problem?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

No, Wolverine is fine. It's just that our society thinks of tall men as an ideal, and sometimes look down and stereotype short men. It seems to extend to comics too.

GreenArrow4924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GreenArrow4924

So do people think less of Wolverine because he happens to be shorter than some other characters? That sounds pretty silly/unfair to me.

No Caption Provided

He's obviously being shown as short here. Is this really a problem?

Wasp being on the team probably helps his self-esteem. :P

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

No, Wolverine is fine. It's just that our society thinks of tall men as an ideal, and sometimes look down and stereotype short men. It seems to extend to comics too.

Society has some weird ideas sometimes. Unless you're in some kind of profession where being tall is useful, it shouldn't really matter.

Ohgawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ohgawd

Only people who would have a problem with Wolverine being depicted true to his character's height, which is 5'3, are height bigots who have their own pre-conceived notions about shorter males, and, in general, support the idea that a shorter man is:

a) unworthy of respect

b) worth less as a human than someone of normal stature

c) fair game for ridicule

These same people probably wouldn't have any problem about comic characters adapted to film getting their ethnicity switched for arbitrary reasons.

Having a 6'1 man play Wolverine and having the character shown as a tall man is pretty insulting. The guy's name is Wolverine. Wolverines are very small animals but vicious. That's the whole point of why Wolverine was made to be 5'3 in the first place. Not to mention with the time period he was born in, 5'3 is much closer to the average male European height at the time.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I love Wolverine and all. More power to the movie, but I'm not seeing it.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohgawd: What??? I said a 5'3 protagonist in a comic book film would look silly. When did I (or anyone else) even suggest that Wolverine is unworthy of respect, less human, or fair game for ridicule? Wolverine is one of the biggest badasses in comics, I would never think of him as that. I'm not a "height bigot," either. Nothing you just wrote relates whatsoever to what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that a 5'3 guy in a leading role of a comic book film (or any action blockbuster, really) would look kind of silly. Nothing more, nothing less.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohgawd said:

Only people who would have a problem with Wolverine being depicted true to his character's height, which is 5'3, are height bigots who have their own pre-conceived notions about shorter males, and, in general, support the idea that a shorter man is:

a) unworthy of respect

These same people probably wouldn't have any problem about comic characters adapted to film getting their ethnicity switched for arbitrary reasons.

Having a 6'1 man play Wolverine and having the character shown as a tall man is pretty insulting. The guy's name is Wolverine. Wolverines are very small animals but vicious. That's the whole point of why Wolverine was made to be 5'3 in the first place. Not to mention with the time period he was born in, 5'3 is much closer to the average male European height at the time.

It's pretty insulting to dismiss Hugh Jackman based on his height when he's an excellent Wolverine as well...

Ohgawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohgawd: What??? I said a 5'3 protagonist in a comic book film would look silly. When did I (or anyone else) even suggest that Wolverine is unworthy of respect, less human, or fair game for ridicule? Wolverine is one of the biggest badasses in comics, I would never think of him as that. I'm not a "height bigot," either. Nothing you just wrote relates whatsoever to what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that a 5'3 guy in a leading role of a comic book film (or any action blockbuster, really) would look kind of silly. Nothing more, nothing less.

And have you stopped to think why exactly it would look silly? Why can't someone that is 5'3 be a leader? Especially one whose character is supposed to be an expert martial artist and can kick the crap out of a large number of much taller people? Are short people "not allowed" to have leading roles in action films now?

@ohgawd said:

a) unworthy of respect

It's pretty insulting to dismiss Hugh Jackman based on his height when he's an excellent Wolverine as well...

Not dismissing Hugh Jackman. He's got the look for it. Still the studio should have at least tried to make him appear shorter like the character is. Wolverine's height is a big part of him and it's just not the same to see a tall Wolverine.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gambit474

LOL height bigots..I laughed at that one. That picture also portrays Cap as taller then everyone else..So why don't we see Cap being taller then everyone else in the films then? Or Thor also? It's ok to make Wolverine short but not the other characters tall? I think some of you just aren't grasping the concept that just because it works in the comics doesn't mean it'll translate the same onto the big screen. Make Wolverine short and put him in his yellow and blue x-men suit..See how seriously people take him. Besides you guys have got no room to complain..At least your wolverine is decent. My fav character is Ghost rider and look what they did to him on the big screen. At least with Wolverine we've got someone who at least looks like Logan

Oh and ohgawd..name how many "short people" have had a lead role in a comic book film compared to others who are taller.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wolverine008
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohgawd: When the hell did I say 5'3 people "aren't allowed?!?" I said it would look somewhat silly. In the comics, his height isn't as apparent. In real life, it would stand out more. A 5'3 guy can be a leader just as well as a 7 foot tall guy can. If they made him 5'3 in the movies from the start, would I care? No. Not at all. But since they didn't, it doesn't really matter. It's definitely nothing to go this crazy over.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuchsia_nightingale:

Loading Video...

Do not pat me! You're disrespect towards Wolverine is disgusting! It is:

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: draws a picture of a surfing cat as an apology

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, enough of him

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was man of steel necessary? Was the dark knight rises necessary? We're any movies necessary? No no movies are nevessary but they are made for the entertainment of audiences. Millions will see this movie and enjoy it so yes it is necessary despite the fact that you may not want to see it. I don't see the point of this thread

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No movie is really necessary, in fact literally everything other than food, water, air and shelter are technically unnecessary since those are the only things you actually need to live.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By russellmania77
frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL

But he's a robot?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@king_saturn said:

LOL

But he's a robot?

Ugh forreal?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@cybrilious4 said:

The very definintion of the name "wolverine" is something that is small but relentless. It's like having the Hulk a tall skinny guy.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie actually looks good, but I just can't get excited for it. I simply don't care. I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD, but I'm not going to be seeing it in theaters unless it gets some sensational feedback.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@veshark said:

@frogdog said:

@king_saturn said:

LOL

But he's a robot?

Ugh forreal?

*Shakes head*

Why? You're already in Japan...why does the concept of a silver-colored samurai need changing, why? Ugh....

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@frogdog said:

@veshark said:

@frogdog said:

@king_saturn said:

LOL

But he's a robot?

Ugh forreal?

*Shakes head*

Why? You're already in Japan...why does the concept of a silver-colored samurai need changing, why? Ugh....

From the same people who made barakapool and made sabertooth logan's brother. They love making unesscary changes.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess no movie is actually necessary.

The Wolverine looks to be pretty good, though. I'll see it.