#1 Posted by pstkondeti (41 posts) - - Show Bio

title^^

#2 Posted by ComicMan24 (147090 posts) - - Show Bio

The first 5-6 seasons are good. After that the quality somewhat drops but it was ok.

#3 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Smallville. Seasons 7 and 8 though aren't very good (or at least I found them bad) but the show started to pick back up with Season 9 and had a great final season.

#4 Posted by pstkondeti (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24: thanks :)

I was planning on starting to watch it

#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda preferred it after the first couple seasons, that's when they got to add more and more of the DC stuff. Though it did lose it's way a little in the last season or two. There just weren't as many good episodes once Michael Rosenbaum wasn't on it anymore.

#6 Posted by The Stegman (24339 posts) - - Show Bio
@pstkondeti: watch it, it's great, but as others have said, it declined rapidly after Michael Rosenbaum (Lex) left.
#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the first season. I didn't really watch anything passed that, but the team-up episodes and the finale were great.

#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Season 1-2 were great. Got bland afterwards, but season 9 and 10 was worth watching.

#9 Edited by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@pstkondeti said:

title^^

Yes.

The show is an excellent portrayal of how the last of krypton delt with his powers, growing up, his complex relationships with Lex Luthor, Oliver Queen,etc., and how the world depended on him to save the day.

All in all, it's a really cool look at Kal-El before he became the superhero we all know and love-The Man of Steel.

#10 Posted by pstkondeti (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@pstkondeti said:

title^^

Yes.

The show is an excellent portrayal of how the last of krypton delt with his powers, growing up, his complex relationships with Lex Luthor, Oliver Queen,etc., and how the world depended on him to save the day.

All in all, it's a really cool look at Kal-El before he became the superhero we all know and love-The Man of Steel.

thats perfect :D

cause i'm new to the world of comics and i don't know much about most characters

and the show will help me understand more stuff

is it based off a comic book series or did they create something entirely new?

#11 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

first couple of seasons (up to 4) are good. then is down hill and high school drama up the a**. but 9 and 10 are good.

#12 Posted by timelord786 (187 posts) - - Show Bio

personally i found the first few season moved a bit too slowly and that it only picked up for me in season 7. But i was like 6 when it first came on, so i might just have been at the age where i just wanted things to go boom boom.

#13 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20236 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonAvenger said:

I love Smallville. Seasons 7 and 8 though aren't very good (or at least I found them bad) but the show started to pick back up with Season 9 and had a great final season.

Pretty much this.

#14 Posted by JediXMan (30589 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked parts of Smallville. Others... well...

#15 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Smallville, I recently finished the entire series (Started at Christmas, ended in early-mid July)

#16 Posted by Gearhead (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the interpretation of Lex Luthor in the show. I had issues with other parts of the show but its not awful

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Its one of those shows that could be really good at times and god awful at others, also the series finale made want to stab someone

#18 Posted by Savage_Hawkman (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

first couple of seasons (up to 4) are good. then is down hill and high school drama up the a**. but 9 and 10 are good.

What he says. I bought 1-4, 9, 10. I haven't bothered with the others. I figure once they're cheap enough I'll complete the set.

#19 Posted by King Saturn (224158 posts) - - Show Bio
the entire series was great IMO
#20 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe the series is worth watching. I don't really like the high school drama and love triangles in seasons 1-4 but there are still good episodes in those seasons. I like season 5, season 6 is ok, 7 and 8 have a few good episodes, I think they messed up doomsday in season 8, Season 9 is the best of the series and season 10 is well done.

#21 Posted by Ms. Omega (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

It was ok kinda hit or miss I really liked the episodes with "meteor freaks" as they put it .

#22 Posted by BatWatch (2721 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes in a campy sort of way.

#23 Posted by TheThe (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, no : Bad acting and cheesy plots.

#24 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

It was geared towards a younger crowd, I thought it could have been more mature. Only watched the first few seasons.