#1 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Say there was primitive life on the planet, arthopod like life, that couldn't handle earth like conditions, would it be morally wrong to change the environment of the planet to suit our needs?

#2 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not? Don't see a problem.

#3 Edited by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"Why not? Don't see a problem."
Would you kill everyone else in your neighborhood to make it more comfortable for you?
#4 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

No..... Because they're humans..... little bugs, doesn't bother me at all

#5 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

So I say if they're are a few bugs in our way..... squash 'em

#6 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Say there was primitive life on the planet, arthopod like life, that couldn't handle earth like conditions, would it be morally wrong to change the environment of the planet to suit our needs?"
Depends upon the situation. If the group of humans is lost in space and has finally found a planet they can survive on after a few changes then to ensure their survival I say yes. If its just explorers I say take some samples and maybe breed them to survive in Earth's atmosphere, then change it.
#7 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

By that time we could create a separate eco-system for those little critters so the entire species wouldn't get wiped out. Perhaps a large part of the species would get killed, but as long as the species survive... i'm not too bothered to be honest.

#8 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

Psh I say kill'em all :P

#9 Posted by Chickenman (271 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"So I say if they're are a few bugs in our way..... squash 'em"

Julius Caesar, 78 B.C.
#10 Posted by Matches (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Charles Darwin's theory of evolution is the best thing we can go off for now, so you know... we can sleep at night. 

"Survival of the fittest"

if you're fit enough to wipe that planet... knock urself out
Dreadnaught said:
"Mer-Man said:
Would you kill everyone else in your neighborhood to make it more comfortable for you?"
im not fit enough to take out my neighbourhood, but any militant force probably could, still make it right?
#11 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like people to kill sharks.. extinct them for good, all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!   I'm terrified of those things...

#12 Posted by Tenjin (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

Not we are using it for Universal expansion but if the Earth is in turmoil then yes

#13 Posted by Matches (224 posts) - - Show Bio
G'bandit said:
"I really like people to kill sharks.. extinct them for good, all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!   I'm terrified of those things..."
ur not scared right now are you?
because a sharks habitat is very very different from urs... i hope... aquaman?
#14 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, how about sentients still in the bronze age level of technology, this time they are amphibians, they simply could not survive any major decrease in humidity, while we cannot tolerate the extreme amounts of water and humidity. 

Would it be right then?  Or would it be even worse since they are thinking creatures.

#15 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Mer-Man said:
Would you kill everyone else in your neighborhood to make it more comfortable for you?"

Yes i would
#16 Posted by King Saturn (223786 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah Go Ahead. It seems like we destroy and rebuild everything we want to anyways...
#17 Posted by Matches (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught said:
"Ok, how about sentients still in the bronze age level of technology, this time they are amphibians, they simply could not survive any major decrease in humidity, while we cannot tolerate the extreme amounts of water and humidity. 

Would it be right then?  Or would it be even worse since they are thinking creatures."
Survival of the fittest, if we require their planet to survive, then there's no reason we should take it. Survival is survival, what you kill along the way is only a part of evolution.
#18 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Matches said:
"
Dreadnaught said:
"Ok, how about sentients still in the bronze age level of technology, this time they are amphibians, they simply could not survive any major decrease in humidity, while we cannot tolerate the extreme amounts of water and humidity. 

Would it be right then?  Or would it be even worse since they are thinking creatures."
Survival of the fittest, if we require their planet to survive, then there's no reason we should take it. Survival is survival, what you kill along the way is only a part of evolution.
"
While I do believe in evolution very strongly, that type of thinking would permit the mass genocide of all people who cannot provide anything, which means anyone over the age of 80, all mentally disabled people, any physically disabled person who is not a mental genius, all people with uncurable conditions, and much much more.
#19 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

bump.