Is Satatan a Good Guy?

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Syndicate

Alright so before you start spam posting is Satan really the villain if we look at the bible and other holy books with the Judeo/Christian God he seems to be cruel and selfish destroying entire civilizations that don't agree with him and constantly demanding sacrifices. Is Lucifer just another casualty as he also disagreed with the Judeo/Christian God and was sent to a fiery pit where he was to suffer eternal torture. So is God looking at the bible as a fantasy book the actual villain?

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if someone tried to over throw me and corrupted my creations, I would be pretty pissed

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True true but God didn't really listen to any of the suggestions Lucifer gave him and God was a little self obsessed always worrying about how many sacrifices he was receiving rather then his Angels or their needs and desires.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Whatever you want him to be.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I kinda want to flag this... Anyway no satan is not a good guy.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndicate: Lucy is like the firstborn child who doesn't want to share the love with his little brother. He hates us because he's jealous.

He's also a brat.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Syndicate

@racob7: So he's like Peter from Ender's Game! Why is that though?

TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespiritstalker: I'm talking about as a character in the fantasy/religious genre the bible. Your opinion?

@matthewparker: Why is that?

Yeah the bible makes it clear he's antagonistic, but some see him as a dark hero.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Here we go...

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious: :P

@thespiritstalker: Well think about it from his standpoint. A new sentinent species that isn't controlled or regulated in any way and has the capacity to destroy themselves and the rest of creation with it. Yeah I would probably want to wipe them out to. Also God doesn't seem all that open to ideas. Like a crappy fast food manager that is obsessed with his own power.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If you go by Biblical lore, then he is not- at least to us. He is Jealous of humans because they are made in the image of Yaweh. One could argue that he was unfairly treated and punished, but instead takes it out on Humans who has done jack crap to him. For all murders and sh!t God did to humans, all of it would not have happened if Satan didn't decide to trick humanity. Knowing for himself how draconian God could be in punishment, and yet trying to put humans through that suffering is just as bad IMO.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By nefarious

@syndicate: Threads about religion don't end well.

TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheSpiritStalker
Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Yeah it's like your brother tricking you into doing something bad then telling on you. But which is worse the unfair parent or the jerky brother? Also it could be argued that he was only trying to give us free will to do what we wanted while God was trying to keep us as subservient puppet slaves to be worshipped as. That's pretty sick.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

I'm willing to give Satatan a chance.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndicate: it just seems like a bait thread trying to start arguments.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@laflux: Well that's debatable because the Serpent =/= Satan.

TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

@nefarious: :P

@thespiritstalker: Well think about it from his standpoint. A new sentinent species that isn't controlled or regulated in any way and has the capacity to destroy themselves and the rest of creation with it. Yeah I would probably want to wipe them out to. Also God doesn't seem all that open to ideas. Like a crappy fast food manager that is obsessed with his own power.

lol that's because he's god. He's at the top of the food chain.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: What do you think about his role in the Bible?

@matthewparker: Actually it's really not I kind of wanted to discuss it as a fantasy story. If you don't take it seriously I would dare say it's one of the greatest books ever written after Ender's Game. There's some really entertaining stuff in there and it would be really cool if the stories could be continued or expanded upon in there.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I think Satatan is a pretty cool guy. Eh corrupts humans and doesn't afraid of anything.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Syndicate
Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weeeeelll it depends on how you look at it. A lot of people think satanists are demonic cult Satan worshipers but that's not true. They believe Satan is a good being cause he presides in hell punishing the evil souls. (This is to my understanding of brief research.) Obviously most religions view him as evil because of how he is portrayed. I'd prefer to believe the first compared to the latter, but I could be an idiot for that lol. Also recently more and more songs have started to believe Satan is merely a symbol and is no an existent deity or being. Evil is what you make it and Satan is your ideal evil. (Well not ideal but what you assume is true evil.)

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Dragonborn_CT
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

I'm willing to give Satatan a chance.

He seems like a nice fellow.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndicate:

Well if someone tried to over throw me and corrupted my creations, I would be pretty pissed

When did Satan try to over throw god? What scripture is that? Also Satan didn't corrupt God's creation. Satan said " If you eat this fruit, you know right and wrong". That is exactly what happened. Satan didn't want us to remain ignorant. God wanted us to be ignorant. Satan was giving us free will to choose between right and wrong.

@racob7 said:

@syndicate: Lucy is like the firstborn child who doesn't want to share the love with his little brother. He hates us because he's jealous.

He's also a brat.

Satan had plenty of other angels as brothers who all shared God's love. So satan had no trouble with sharing God's love. And why would satan be jealous of humans? Angels are more powerful, live longer, wiser, stronger and can have children with humans. Anything humans can do angels can do better

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnibeast: Cool theory.

@consolemaster001: Yeah but is he really trying to corrupt humans as an overall goal or he is just doing that from being bored about being stuck in hell for all eternity.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndicate:

he took Jesus aside and offered him the world if he worshiped him (Satan). Watch your movies man, that is classic villain behavior. Green Goblin tried the old 'join me" gambit with Spidey in the first movie.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndicate: it's not a fantasy novel, it's God's word, and it says in the bible not to add or take out anything from the bible. I know I'm coming off really religious. But that's the whole reason I don't like these threads. Comicvine is for comics, not religion or politics.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Lucifer translates to 'Morning Star' in Latin and is a bastardisation of the Phonecian god of fertility Attar. You have to take into context that everything evil in biblical texts is simply Anti Pagan propaganda to recruit more followers.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Syndicate

@impurestcheese: Dude no hate towards anybody and no flaming in general guys. I don't want this thread locked.

@matthewparker: But it has such an interesting story. I mean unrealistic but come on all fantasy is. Is it legal to make extended fantasy versions of the Bible?

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty:

12 “How you are fallen from heaven,

O Lucifer,[a] son of the morning!

How you are cut down to the ground,

You who weakened the nations!

13 For you have said in your heart:

‘I will ascend into heaven,

I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;

I will also sit on the mount of the congregation

On the farthest sides of the north;

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,

I will be like the Most High.’

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@syndicate:

@swordmasterd said:

When did Satan try to over throw god? What scripture is that? Also Satan didn't corrupt God's creation. Satan said " If you eat this fruit, you know right and wrong". That is exactly what happened. Satan didn't want us to remain ignorant. God wanted us to be ignorant. Satan was giving us free will to choose between right and wrong.

I never understood this. If we have freewill then God shouldn't care about the fruit eating. Some might try to pounce on me and say "Well Adam and Eve didn't have freewill like we do now" but then that would mean that God intended for his creation to initially be without freewill. Soooo you worship a god that doesn't want you to have freewill. And that would mean that you only exist to worship him.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

And why would satan be jealous of humans? Angels are more powerful, live longer, wiser, stronger and can have children with humans. Anything humans can do angels can do better

Exactly, so why should God love them as much as the angels?

Why should he love them at all?

What makes them so special?

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@syndicate:

@swordmasterd said:

@racob7 said:

He's also a brat.

Satan had plenty of other angels as brothers who all shared God's love. So satan had no trouble with sharing God's love. And why would satan be jealous of humans? Angels are more powerful, live longer, wiser, stronger and can have children with humans. Anything humans can do angels can do better

It's been said that he wanted to be as powerful/Over throw God

I also I was taught he tempted man into eating the fruit

TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

Lucifer translates to 'Morning Star' in Latin and is a bastardisation of the Phonecian god of fertility Attar. You have to take into context that everything evil in biblical texts is simply Anti Pagan propaganda to recruit more followers.

I once saw a documentary but I can't remember when. I dunno if this is true but it said one of the psalms written by David is incredibly similar to a hymn written to the Egyptian god amen-ra.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@syndicate: Satan fell when he refused to bow to humans and started a war in heaven.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

Well, now I feel dumb for posting an argument. I shall never doubt your gif posts again. Lol

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I kinda want to flag this... Anyway no satan is not a good guy.

How do you know? What has he ever done to you to bring you to this conclusion?

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndicate: it's not fantasy it's God's word, and I don't know if it's legal or not. But it certainly would offend many Christians including myself.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordmasterd: Well yes he did that but was that to spread chaos or help humans. Hmm.

@racob7: Maybe it's because they're sentinent and they have to struggle to live it gives off a more powerful aura and when they willingly submit themselves to him it makes him more powerful. That would be a super cool plot in an extended version of the Bible. :D

@marvel_boy2241: Kind of my thoughts.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@syndicate: There's no hate there. That comment isn't aimed at modern christains but rather those living in a Pagan dominated religious world back when the bible was first written.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Stop dude nothing that can be considered antagonistic please.

@matthewparker: But the Percy Jackson based it off of the Greek Mythology and since no religion is truer then any other it should be leagal unless America is biased. I'll look it up.

@erik: My thoughts exactly.

@wildvine: Oh sorry what was your argument? :P

@jonny_anonymous: Bow to humans?

@thespiritstalker: I'll check that out.

TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, this guy's getting results quick. Maybe I should make religious threads instead.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespiritstalker: Yep that's the point of religion in it's infancy. You establish core beliefs, then coopt the good parts of the existing faiths that match your beliefs and demonise the parts that you're opposed too. It's why Christmas is almost exactly identical to the old Celtic festival of Yule.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespiritstalker: The key is to NOT let anybody say anything antagonistic or flamy. I'm always watching...