• 81 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by MisterMxy (73 posts) - - Show Bio


#2 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

If you think he's a good president what makes him seem like one of the best?

#3 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17858 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope and I'm not even American,

#4 Posted by VyseCarma (259 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate both parties, I came into Obama's term think how great this was going to be. 1) We got abreak from republicans, 2) We got an african-american as president which means we got over the damn stereotypical racism America is known for. 4 years have passed, but now I'm hoping for change some other way.

#5 Posted by mikethekiller (8389 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope but he's not one of the worst either.

#6 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not one of the best, he is the best. Mount Rushmore was sculpted too soon.

#7 Posted by Gatman50 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL no, he spends more time golfing and flying around than he does actually doing his job

#8 Posted by Frozen (12930 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking at the history of them, yes.

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

No he's about average he just looks better because of the president he followed. Think of him as a band at a festival who had another far sh*ttier band come before it who the crowd hated, and they'r just elated that his band isn't as offensively terrible as the last. So basically Obama following Bush is the same as an average quality band following Nickelback

Online
#10 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't properly judge a president's place in history until 40-50 years after his term is over. Until then there is too much bias (whether for or against) and the long-term effects and context of his presidency are not known. Just look at Clinton. The Republicans all claimed he was one of the worst presidents ever during his term, but as more time has passed even they admit that his presidency was a period of prosperity for the U.S.

#11 Posted by _Zombie_ (10394 posts) - - Show Bio

God no. He's far from one of the worst, though.

#12 Posted by Rogan2112 (600 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking as a hard line moderate (I think both parties are jacked up), Obama is a screwed up as a football bat both foreign and domestically.

#13 Posted by inferiorego (22983 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gatman50 said:

HELL no, he spends more time golfing and flying around than he does actually doing his job

That's every president. Bush spend 1/3 of his term on vacation.

@jinxuandi said:

You can't properly judge a president's place in history until 40-50 years after his term is over. Until then there is too much bias (whether for or against) and the long-term effects and context of his presidency are not known. Just look at Clinton. The Republicans all claimed he was one of the worst presidents ever during his term, but as more time has passed even they admit that his presidency was a period of prosperity for the U.S.

I agree with this statement.

Staff
#14 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the in-betweener.

#15 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#16 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

NO....

Definitly not.

Obama is forcing Health Insurance on everyone rather they can afford it or not and if we get caught not having it. We get panalized for it.... Millions of people in this country cannot afford it and I guess Millions will be going to prison...

Yet you wanna think hes the best president?

What A Joke.

#17 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX said:

NO....

Definitly not.

Obama is forcing Health Insurance on everyone rather they can afford it or not and if we get caught not having it. We get panalized for it.... Millions of people in this country cannot afford it and I guess Millions will be going to prison...

Yet you wanna think hes the best president?

What A Joke.

The OP just asked a question, they haven't posted what their belief regarding Obama is. Calm down.

#18 Posted by Stevens61310 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He's not. He comes in at the third best since I have been voting (which has been since the mid-70's)

#19 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not the worst by far, but not the best by far.

"Be water my friend"

Online
#20 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

F@ck yes he is!

-Yours truly a Brit

#21 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxyzptlk is clearly the greatest President our nation's ever elected.

#22 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

he did get rid of the smell of stupid bush left behind

#23 Posted by pooty (11017 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller: @Gatman50: @Stevens61310: @inferiorego: What makes a good president? What do you expect of him? How has any president changed your life for the good or bad?

#24 Posted by Samimista (20668 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol no! I like him as a person as he seems cool to hangout with but he's more of a rock star than a President. He takes more vacations and appears more on TV than anything. He's also still using Bush's plan and is the first President in history to not create his own plan (forgot of what). Certainly doesn't mean I approve of Romney either though.

#25 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

He's the in-betweener.

he's gay?

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if he's one of the best because i've only been voting since '04. So i'll say Obama is at least the best president I voted for.

Moderator
#27 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio
I don't know about one of the best presidents of all time... but I don't think he is near the worst either... I think people expected him to waive his magic black wand and make everything better in 4 years after George Double Ya Bush stank up America for 8 years and since he did not do it fast enough they wanna get mad and say how much he sucks... 
#28 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

In 2008 I owed the Federal government $94,442 (and if you are an American that pays taxes so did you)

As of today September 7, 2012 I owe the Federal government $140,036 (and if you are an American taxpayer so do you)

Since Sept 7, 2008 the Federal deficit has increased by just at 6,000,000,000,000 more in one term than in all terms combined.

So actually when it comes to putting this country so far in debt than it is impossible to ever see the light of day, yes Barack Obama is THE BEST President of all time.

#29 Posted by Dernman (14952 posts) - - Show Bio

NO!

Online
#30 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2844 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if he's one of the best presidents ever, but he's definately one of the best speakers imo.

#31 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

@SHAZAM117 said:

I don't know if he's one of the best presidents ever, but he's definately one of the best speakers imo.

This is true. Well as long as his teleprompter is working.=)

In 2008 I asked some friends of mine why didn't Dennis Haysbert run for President? He has an extremely sonorous voice and actually portrayed the President in 24 so he did have some experience. =)

#32 Posted by PowerHerc (83255 posts) - - Show Bio

No, of course he isn't.

#33 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

He's been pretty good.

#34 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

No. But he is top 20 imo

#35 Posted by nick_hero22 (6813 posts) - - Show Bio

Michelle Obama

#36 Edited by Loki9876 (3003 posts) - - Show Bio

hm you can't expect change to happen so fast, change takes time and I think he's a good president. Not the best.

#37 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

NO....

Definitly not.

Obama is forcing Health Insurance on everyone rather they can afford it or not and if we get caught not having it. We get panalized for it.... Millions of people in this country cannot afford it and I guess Millions will be going to prison...

Yet you wanna think hes the best president?

What A Joke.

The OP just asked a question, they haven't posted what their belief regarding Obama is. Calm down.

He was giving the OP a single reason why Obama can't possibly be "one of the best presidents of all time". Sure it might have been shot towards the OP even though the OP hasn't actually stated his stance, but he does have a point.

#38 Posted by Living_Monstrosity (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

He's the in-betweener.

he's gay?

LOL

#39 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no.

We're out of a funk, not without 16 trillion dollars in debt. It's more impressive (well kind of the opposite), when you put all of the zeros (which is a lot):

16,000,000,000,000

#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos: To be fair we we already had a deficit of 8 trillion before he took office and due to Bush being the first president in history to actually loose money on a war we won (Historically winning a war tends to be good for the economy) Obama was pretty much set up to fail on a spectacular scale.

Online
#41 Posted by pooty (11017 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stevens61310 said:

No. He's not. He comes in at the third best since I have been voting (which has been since the mid-70's)

I received your message and nothing was wrong with it. I don't vote. Never have. I just wonder how people judge "how good a president is". There are so so many different criteria. I only blame Bush for the war. as for the economy, America as a whole outsources jobs. Americans choose not to learn a specialized skill. The reason America outsources is because Americans are so greedy that it's cheaper to set up shop over seas. I can't blame one man for that. I would prefer to see Obama win again. But if Romney wins, would we see any difference?

#42 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@kuonphobos: To be fair we we already had a deficit of 8 trillion before he took office and due to Bush being the first president in history to actually loose money on a war we won (Historically winning a war tends to be good for the economy) Obama was pretty much set up to fail on a spectacular scale.

Actually Obama "inherited" a 10,000,000,000,000 debt which was certainly growing because of the wars I agree. BUT it has still increased by 6,000,000,000,000 under his watch and will grow exponentially in 2014 when the Health Care Law goes into effect. I'm not saying that Romney/Ryan will make any difference in this. I was just stating raw data.

#43 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos: Romney will make a difference he'll make it worse be further deregulating American companies that are already dissecting the nations economy by outsourcing jobs to nations that are cool with slave wages.

Online
#44 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@kuonphobos: Romney will make a difference he'll make it worse be further deregulating American companies that are already dissecting the nations economy by outsourcing jobs to nations that are cool with slave wages.

I'm pretty sure I said that I wasn't sure if Romney/Ryan can make any difference. In fact I am willing to say that they might make it worse. That is not the title of this thread however. The rapid growth of the Federal Government into this gargantuan monolith that has is tentacles in an ever growing majority of our lives is for me the stuff of Orwellian nightmare. In the face of that, potential deregulation is the lesser of two evils.

There are fundamental changes coming to global politics. The West's standard of living may be unsustainable and in my opinion morally questionable in the face of the rest of the world. Should these changes come fast, with a shift like revolution, or a slow "progressive" ( chide intended) creep, a monolitic "Big Brother" State will be quite terrifying.

#45 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos: I don't really support Obama I'm just saying I'd rather Obama stay and continue to accomplish nothing than Romney come in and finish us off

Online
#46 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@kuonphobos: I don't really support Obama I'm just saying I'd rather Obama stay and continue to accomplish nothing than Romney come in and finish us off

That's problematic because what I have been trying to argue is precisely that Obama isn't just doing nothing. By growing the Federal Government to such an extent our freedoms and our future are placed in jeopardy.

Are you familiar with the concept of "imminent domain"?

#47 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos: Yes and that's something I'm conflicted about because I don't like the concept but with Obama at least it'll be used for roads and things we actually need where as Romney is one of the politicians that supports using imminent domain to force you to sell your property to businesses. I would hate to loose my house for a road but I absolutely refuse to loose my house to a damned Wal-Mart.

Online
#48 Edited by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you have a reference that Romney supports ID?

I would hate to lose my house period! I cling to my guns (and religion) so I can at least put up a fight! =)

#49 Edited by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Weird, when I first googled ID to check the spelling I found a legal dictionary and verified the spelling BUT I must have looked in the wrong place and have been spelling it wrong. It should be Eminent Domain and I should have known that. Oh well.

Romney: Governor Romney Strongly Opposes The Taking Of Private Property For Private Development. Governor Romney believes that the Kelo property rights case was wrongly decided. You know, the Supreme Court made an error in judgment on this one. You know, I understand the purpose of eminent domain, to make sure that when roads need to be built, or public purposes are involved, that private property can be taken when there's fair compensation. But to basically say a mall developer could get eminent domain to take away peoples' homes, that is not a good idea. The liberals on the Court made a mistake on this, and we're going to have to get a Court that's willing to stand by the rights of property owners

Source: www.mittromney.com (12/04/2007)

#50 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no...

The polar opposite if anything imo.